PDA

View Full Version : Why wouldn't these work?

MMBLUE
02-24-2011, 09:07 PM
Ok, have been burning up the net trying to find a supercharger that doesn't cost an arm and two legs. Not looking at the Heaton route. Found these two. Questions are; why wouldn't these work? other than the obvious air inlet mod.

http://www.lastcallracing.com/pax-1001828-1p.html

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/partdetails/Vortech/Superchargers/Supercharger_Kits/V-2_Tuner_Kit/8129

1stMerc
02-24-2011, 09:44 PM
Dennis sells both of those made specifically for the Marauder, plus the base tune to get you up and running.
You'd probably have to do your own fabbing with the ones you listed.

RF Overlord
02-25-2011, 04:36 AM
^^^what Waymon said^^^

You can certainly DIY a blower install to save some coin, but Dennis's version is designed and built specifically for the MM motor, so fitment is a simple bolt-on. Plus, he has more experience tuning Marauders than almost anyone else, so you know his kit is safe, as well.

LANDY
02-25-2011, 04:53 AM
For the prices that you posted you can get a none intercooled bolt on kit from Dennis.

Pat
02-25-2011, 05:21 AM
^^^^What they said^^^.

I have a Centrifical kit from Dennis Reinhart Automotive, complete, turn key for less than the price for a partial kit on the sites you reference.

Plus his shop is in Florida too, Jacksonville. Check it out. He's a vendor on this site, Reinhart Automotive, supporting vendors forum.

Regards,

Pat

MMBLUE
02-25-2011, 06:32 AM
^^^^What they said^^^.

I have a Centrifical kit from Dennis Reinhart Automotive, complete, turn key for less than the price for a partial kit on the sites you reference.

Plus his shop is in Florida too, Jacksonville. Check it out. He's a vendor on this site, Reinhart Automotive, supporting vendors forum.

Regards,

Pat

Thanks, so the million dollar question is, How much is DR's kit ? and I only put up two but found others even less money than that.

Mike
02-25-2011, 06:49 AM
Thanks, so the million dollar question is, How much is DR's kit ? and I only put up two but found others even less money than that.

Here ya go.....Reinhart Automotive

3035 Bravo Court, Orange Park, Florida 32065
904-276-5003 Phone, 904-644-6758 Fax
Email Us (DReinhart1@aol.com?subject=Ge neral Question)
Copyright ©2003 - 2008, Reinhart Automotive

MMBLUE
02-25-2011, 07:03 AM
^^^^What they said^^^.

Regards,

Pat

Ok, I checked it out. I 'm not sure what you paid but, I saw only one for $4,995.00

The one's I posted links for above ^^^^ are about a grand to twelve hundred less. IDK about you but, that's a lot of coin to me. And you still haven't installed it yet.

martyo
02-25-2011, 07:04 AM
Ok, I checked it out. I 'm not sure what you paid but, I saw only one for $4,995.00

The one's I posted links for above ^^^^ are about a grand to twelve hundred less. IDK about you but, that's a lot of coin to me. And you still haven't installed it yet.

If you want it good, it won't be cheap.

If you want it cheap, it won't be good.

You pick.

MMBLUE
02-25-2011, 07:04 AM
For the prices that you posted you can get a none intercooled bolt on kit from Dennis.

Landy, just went to the site and didn't see that one. Only one I saw is going for $4,995.00

RacerX
02-25-2011, 07:11 AM
Landy, just went to the site and didn't see that one. Only one I saw is going for $4,995.00
Call Dennis!!! He's a great guy and will talk to you any time!
904-276-5003

SC Cheesehead
02-25-2011, 07:12 AM
I know you mentioned "no Heaton", but if you're worried about coin, you may want to consider an Eaton Swap. Parts, installation, and tune, you can be S/C'd for between $3,500 and $4,000.

That said, if you're set on going with a centri blower, go with a Reinhart set-up, for all the reasons mentioned above.

MMBLUE
02-25-2011, 07:17 AM
I know you mentioned "no Heaton", but if you're worried about coin, you may want to consider an Eaton Swap. Parts, installation, and tune, you can be S/C'd for between $3,500 and $4,000.

That said, if you're set on going with a centri blower, go with a Reinhart set-up, for all the reasons mentioned above.

Thanks. I prefer a centri-hair dryer. But, I still think it can be done for less than 3K. And thats the ceiling in my house.

And why wouldn't this work????

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-01-Cobra-Supercharger-Vortech-T-Trim-Aftercooled-Kit-/160549143293?pt=Motors_Car_Tru ck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item25617982fd

MMBLUE
02-25-2011, 07:48 AM
Thanks. I prefer a centri-hair dryer. But, I still think it can be done for less than 3K. And thats the ceiling in my house.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-01-Cobra-Supercharger-Vortech-T-Trim-Aftercooled-Kit-/160549143293?pt=Motors_Car_Tru ck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item25617982fd

Added this link for more info: why wouldn't that work?

musclemerc
02-25-2011, 09:40 AM

This could become a problem for me posting this info but for a good friend i'm willing to take a chance and provide you with some info.

The problem with the kit you posted David is the piping. It's designed for a PS inlet. You can do a few things to make it work.
1) Swap to either a Mach1 or 99 Cobra upper intake (which are both easily available and cheap). Relocate the Battery to the DS like with the Eaton swap and then the kit you posted will bolt right up and will work.

2) Leave the stock stuff exactly like it is then fab up your own CAI pipes.

then in no order flip the electric fan upside down, get a Cobra coolant reservoir and mount it on the PS fenderwell, then relocate the PS reservoir to the DS fenderwell.

But if 3000.00 is your budget then I would start here.
03 Mach1 parts is what your looking for:
http://www.superchargersonline.com/product_detail.asp?PartNumber= V4FR111-041

http://www.superchargersonline.com/product_detail.asp?PartNumber= V3FR218-080

Dont forget used and refurbished units are for sale on all modular sites for 1000.00 plus. IIRC Marauderjack just sold a refreshed unit for 1000.00 recently. I think it was a Paxton which is easier because the oil reservoir is self contained within the SC.
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=68307
We can continue this conversation later today in my garage. :burnout:

cougar9150
02-25-2011, 03:19 PM
The problem with the kit you posted David is the piping. It's designed for a PS inlet. You can do a few things to make it work.
1) Swap to either a Mach1 or 99 Cobra upper intake (which are both easily available and cheap). Relocate the Battery to the DS like with the Eaton swap and then the kit you posted will bolt right up and will work.

2) Leave the stock stuff exactly like it is then fab up your own CAI pipes.

then in no order flip the electric fan upside down, get a Cobra coolant reservoir and mount it on the PS fenderwell, then relocate the PS reservoir to the DS fenderwell.

Hit the nail on the head with using kit from a Mustang. Best bet is to buy a Marauder Specific kit or buy what you need 1 item at a time like I am. I looked into the Mustang kits for awhile and would probably cost more in the long run. Musclemerc hit the nail on the head with what would be needed to make one work.

I'm the one who bought Marauderjack's Procharger. While it does look like I'll be a little over the $3k mark when I'm done I'll be doing lots of fabricating on my own. I'll need to make my own pipes (gives me a reason to buy a welder :D), mounting brackets for the Intercooler, bracket to flip the Fan shroud, coolant resrvoir bracket, PS reservoir bracket, and a custom airbox.

The majority parts 1 would need for a complete kit are:
Head unit of your choice (for me Procharger)
The Procharger Mach1 (Vortech if you are going w/a Vortech or Paxton blower) bracket from superchargersonline
Fuel pump
BAP
60lb injectors (stock Cobra's would work)
Intercooler (going w/a Mishimoto from Amazon for about $220)
Battery relocation stuff (moving battery to trunk and will use the tray area for my filter box)
Blow thru Maf
Various lengths and angles of 3-4" Diameter pipe
various 3-4" couplings
Custom Bracket to flip the fan shroud (or custom shroud/fan setup)
Cobra IC coolant reservoir or aftermarket coolant overflow (I like the Moroso ones)
Bracket to mount coolant reservoir
Bracket to mount PS Reservoir
Boost sensitive PVC (EV-127-A)
Blow Valve
Coolant cross-over tube modified to clear the blower (add 3/4" to the height)
And more odds and ends that I'm still figuring out

I am planning on doing my piping a little different than the normal setup. My blower outlet to intercooler inlet pipe will be very similar to what Dennis offers. My IC outlet to throttle body will be going through the tray area where the suspension compressor currently resides instead of coming back up in front of the radiator. This should prevent me from having to modify or change any of the coolant line routing.

Also don't forget the Boost Gauge, and a pod to mount it in. All in all depending on how frugal I am and what kinds of deals I get on used parts I'm probably in the $3500 range with the blower.

Personally if I didn't want to buy a welder and spend the time in the garage (it will be many days and hours but it keeps me off the booze and away from the whores) I would just give Dennis a call. His kits are great, fairly priced, make very good power with room to grow, and he is the only seller of Marauder specific Centrifugal kits period. No changing out pipes, having to fabricate your own stuff to make it work, and the probability of voiding of the warranty of the Mustang kit you buy since it will not be installed as sold.

I just want to fabricate my own, say I did it myself and have a 1 off setup. I know this will also provide me the chance to buy various tools I have been wanting that I can use for a lot of other projects in the future. :D I tell my wife its cheaper this way but it wont be once I buy all the toys I need to do the work.

SpartaPerformance
02-25-2011, 06:34 PM

The reason why it's more money is because it's direct fit! The man needs to get paid for his work, he makes the kits himself to fit these cars specifically. Sometimes you have to bite the bullet and actually pay money! Don't be penny wise and dollar foolish, getting those Mustang kits will cost far more in the long run to get them to fit.

SC Cheesehead
02-25-2011, 07:11 PM
The reason why it's more money is because it's direct fit! The man needs to get paid for his work, he makes the kits himself to fit these cars specifically. Sometimes you have to bite the bullet and actually pay money! Don't be penny wise and dollar foolish, getting those Mustang kits will cost far more in the long run to get them to fit.

Well said!

DR's centris and Jerry B.'s Trilogy are great bolt on kits, and have had a great deal of time and research put into them to make them that way.

Like the man says: Fast, Cheap, or Good, pick two...;)

MMBLUE
02-26-2011, 05:31 AM
Thanks to ALL who posted. The opportunity for learning more about S/C is invalueable.

musclemerc
02-26-2011, 06:16 AM
We need to dumb down the centri SC installation and parts list for a MM the same way the Eaton guys did. Centri is the easiest way to make boost. I'm considering mocking up a set of my own pipes that will come pre welded and powdercoated so others can take advantage of the tons of centri parts readily available on many modular forums. Offer both IC and NOIC setups.

It's not rocket science!

Hit the nail on the head with using kit from a Mustang. Best bet is to buy a Marauder Specific kit or buy what you need 1 item at a time like I am. I looked into the Mustang kits for awhile and would probably cost more in the long run. Musclemerc hit the nail on the head with what would be needed to make one work.

I'm the one who bought Marauderjack's Procharger. While it does look like I'll be a little over the $3k mark when I'm done I'll be doing lots of fabricating on my own. I'll need to make my own pipes (gives me a reason to buy a welder :D), mounting brackets for the Intercooler, bracket to flip the Fan shroud, coolant resrvoir bracket, PS reservoir bracket, and a custom airbox.

The majority parts 1 would need for a complete kit are:
Head unit of your choice (for me Procharger)
The Procharger Mach1 (Vortech if you are going w/a Vortech or Paxton blower) bracket from superchargersonline
Fuel pump
BAP
60lb injectors (stock Cobra's would work)
Intercooler (going w/a Mishimoto from Amazon for about $220)
Battery relocation stuff (moving battery to trunk and will use the tray area for my filter box)
Blow thru Maf
Various lengths and angles of 3-4" Diameter pipe
various 3-4" couplings
Custom Bracket to flip the fan shroud (or custom shroud/fan setup)
Cobra IC coolant reservoir or aftermarket coolant overflow (I like the Moroso ones)
Bracket to mount coolant reservoir
Bracket to mount PS Reservoir
Boost sensitive PVC (EV-127-A)
Blow Valve
Coolant cross-over tube modified to clear the blower (add 3/4" to the height)
And more odds and ends that I'm still figuring out

I am planning on doing my piping a little different than the normal setup. My blower outlet to intercooler inlet pipe will be very similar to what Dennis offers. My IC outlet to throttle body will be going through the tray area where the suspension compressor currently resides instead of coming back up in front of the radiator. This should prevent me from having to modify or change any of the coolant line routing.

Also don't forget the Boost Gauge, and a pod to mount it in. All in all depending on how frugal I am and what kinds of deals I get on used parts I'm probably in the $3500 range with the blower.

Personally if I didn't want to buy a welder and spend the time in the garage (it will be many days and hours but it keeps me off the booze and away from the whores) I would just give Dennis a call. His kits are great, fairly priced, make very good power with room to grow, and he is the only seller of Marauder specific Centrifugal kits period. No changing out pipes, having to fabricate your own stuff to make it work, and the probability of voiding of the warranty of the Mustang kit you buy since it will not be installed as sold.

I just want to fabricate my own, say I did it myself and have a 1 off setup. I know this will also provide me the chance to buy various tools I have been wanting that I can use for a lot of other projects in the future. :D I tell my wife its cheaper this way but it wont be once I buy all the toys I need to do the work.

MMBLUE
02-26-2011, 06:16 PM
We need to dumb down the centri SC installation and parts list for a MM the same way the Eaton guys did. Centri is the easiest way to make boost. I'm considering mocking up a set of my own pipes that will come pre welded and powdercoated so others can take advantage of the tons of centri parts readily available on many modular forums. Offer both IC and NOIC setups.

It's not rocket science!

Sounds like a great idea. :up:

cougar9150
02-27-2011, 07:35 AM

It's not rocket science!
I'm tracking my build via spreadhseet with links, part numbers, and prices. I'm more than happy to share what I have so far and once it's done provide a full listing of it. I'm still reading up on Mafs and Blow off valves trying to decide which ones I want and seeing if a used one pops up somewhere.

I'm moving slower than normal on it right now because I have been sinking money into my POS truck trying to get that up and running. Need it for DD action while the MM gets taken down for some lovin.

I'm buying my SC bracket later this week, the IC will be next months expense, and then the MAF and BOV. Once I get these items in, I can begin the IC mounting and pipe fabrication.

Hoping to pick up a item or 2 a month while working on the pipes and relocating of things. I'm fairly sure I can have the pipe fabrication done by the time I get the last of the supporting parts in.

musclemerc
02-27-2011, 08:01 AM
So what welder did you end up getting? I'm assuming you went with a mig so are you going with an argon/co2 mix or straight co2?

I have a connection for mild steel pipe. There is also a new member offering FREE powdercoating if that will help motivate you.

cougar9150
02-27-2011, 08:28 AM
So what welder did you end up getting? I'm assuming you went with a mig so are you going with an argon/co2 mix or straight co2?

I have a connection for mild steel pipe. There is also a new member offering FREE powdercoating if that will help motivate you.

I haven't picked one up yet, been concentrating all my energy and play money into the truck. Hoping to get the engine in next weekend, once I get the new motor mounts and shocks. I should have it up, running, and be able to start putting my play money back to playing.

I'll pick up a cheapy MIG from Harbour Freight or Northern Tool to start out with and learn what I'm doing before getting into nicer ones.

I'll probably just spot weld the tubes in the car, then bring them to my company's machine shop for final welding and clean up. I got a guy I work with who does the powder coating for me and just has me pay for the powder. It just comes down to spare change at the moment and I bought a lemon with this truck so that is where it's going. Tired of using the Merc for everything and need this truck up and running so we can have a vehicle my wife will drive.

musclemerc
02-27-2011, 08:33 AM
I have a Lincoln but I have also used the Harbor Freight 220amp welder and it worked pretty good. If your just spot welding then flux core (gassless) will work. I have some parts comming in this week that will make pipe fabrication easy for anyone looking to tackle this mod so stay tuned.

MMBLUE
03-06-2011, 11:36 AM
One step closer to S/C

http://s798.photobucket.com/albums/yy269/MMBLUE/SC/

BigCars4Ever
03-06-2011, 05:25 PM
I haven't picked one up yet, been concentrating all my energy and play money into the truck. Hoping to get the engine in next weekend, once I get the new motor mounts and shocks. I should have it up, running, and be able to start putting my play money back to playing.

I'll pick up a cheapy MIG from Harbour Freight or Northern Tool to start out with and learn what I'm doing before getting into nicer ones.

I'll probably just spot weld the tubes in the car, then bring them to my company's machine shop for final welding and clean up. I got a guy I work with who does the powder coating for me and just has me pay for the powder. It just comes down to spare change at the moment and I bought a lemon with this truck so that is where it's going. Tired of using the Merc for everything and need this truck up and running so we can have a vehicle my wife will drive.
Nooo!!!! Don't buy a Harbor freight welder! Try here http://www.eastwood.com/mig-welder-110vac-135a-output.html
They have specials every now and then where I've seen that welder for $299 with free shipping.

BigCars4Ever
03-06-2011, 05:33 PM
One step closer to S/C

http://s798.photobucket.com/albums/yy269/MMBLUE/SC/
Where did you score that!

MMBLUE
03-06-2011, 05:40 PM
Where did you score that!

It was temporary. It's twin brother'll take its place. hehehe

vkirkend
03-07-2011, 09:35 AM
If you want it good, it won't be cheap.

If you want it cheap, it won't be good.

You pick.

What he said......

ImpalaSlayer
03-07-2011, 09:46 AM
i know youve musclemerc do work on your car before, personally if i were you id hand it to him and say give me boost (with a wad of cash of course). he knows where and where not to buy parts and also how to make them work together. i think you could be able to get boost for under 3500 in what ever flavor

ImpalaSlayer
03-07-2011, 09:48 AM
and another thing, IMO that eaton swap list is way too complicated with unnecessary parts and stuff on it. it almost makes it even more overwhelming IMO

CBT
03-07-2011, 09:57 AM
Nooo!!!! Don't buy a Harbor freight welder! Try here http://www.eastwood.com/mig-welder-110vac-135a-output.html
They have specials every now and then where I've seen that welder for $299 with free shipping.
You're going to use that exact rig in that picture to weld piping under your hood?

musclemerc
03-07-2011, 02:45 PM
^^^If you can weld, and use a Agrgon/CO2 mix.... ABSOLUTLEY YOU CAN!

MMBLUE
03-07-2011, 02:52 PM
i know youve musclemerc do work on your car before, personally if i were you id hand it to him and say give me boost (with a wad of cash of course). he knows where and where not to buy parts and also how to make them work together. i think you could be able to get boost for under 3500 in what ever flavor

I'm thinking under 2K now after extensive research.

MMBLUE
03-07-2011, 02:59 PM
What he said......

There is somewhere in between. Remember, IMO there is such a low production of this car. If we are to be MM enthusists and a club forum. We should be able to help each other and learn from each other and exchange information. If your trying to run a business from this car and this car alone, you should broaden your horizons cause numbers are dwindling and so is the age and demographic that are buying these cars.

FormulaMarauder
03-13-2011, 08:14 PM
I'm thinking under 2K now after extensive research.

You are out of your mind if you think you can get a turn key for under 2k, ESPECIALLY a centrifigual unit. I'm curious if you really know all the parts necessary for making it happen.
You seem pretty monetarily frugal when it comes to modding your car, something that I don't suggest. Unless you get 4.10's and a higher stall torque convertor with a centi blower, you won't be too thrilled at the performance.

60lb injectors $380
KBB Boost A Pump $250
Intercooler $250

That's $880 right now +/- w/o shipping costs.

Don't forget plugs, fuel pump, sensors, pulleys, tensioner, belt, hoses, plumbing, oil feed lines, custom coolant risers and O-rings, filter, lid, clamps, screws, bolts, blower BRACKET, couplers, fan, shroud, blow thru MassAir Sensor, smaller reservoir, PCV relocation and fittings, blow off valve, etc etc. I'm sure there is a ton I missed. Quite a few hundred at the least here.

Don't forget the pesky custom blower piping that will run a few hundred.

Tuner gonna cost you $300+, and you STILL need to get it tuned and dyno'd.

Let's not forget the BLOWER head unit. Here's a price list for those. Over $2k for head unit alone.
http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/product.php?p=4

I dont want you to get in over your head. All these parts are NECESSARY. And like I said, centi blowers almost require 4.10's and a TC. You're talking $1k for these alone.

All this adds up to over twice you think you can get away with, and that doesnt include install items if you cant/wont do it yourself.

Are you doing headers/exhaust? This will add over 50hp on our cars, completely documented. This is over $1,200 installed

My suggestion is hang tight, scrape together more $$$, and wait for a used COMPLETE unit to pop up.

Don't forget, a locking diff and 31 spline axles add strength to the rear end, and are a VERY good idea on blown cars.

Obviously, getting these parts used will save you considerable $$, but be careful.

Good luck.

musclemerc
03-14-2011, 05:38 AM
^^^ I beg to differ and here's why. Most of the Cobra guys are either going turbo or whipple to make real power. Centri's have gotten to be an unwanted item in the Mustang world, so they are readily available on most mod sites for the cheap. The biggest problem with making the Mustang kit's work on a MM is the piping from the DS intake. I got a set or DR pipes and after carefully inspecting them I noticed something distinctive. So here is what I did, I found a beat up set of Cobra SC pipes and started cutting them up. I cut the intake pipe at an angle about 1-1/2" away from the TB and tigged it back together and it fits perfectly the rest of the pipes after that are easy. Pics comming soon!

FormulaMarauder
03-14-2011, 07:31 AM
The prices I quoted were for new parts, obviously. THe prices are dropped considerably for used.

MMBLUE
03-14-2011, 03:55 PM
You are out of your mind if you think you can get a turn key for under 2k, ESPECIALLY a centrifigual unit. I'm curious if you really know all the parts necessary for making it happen.
You seem pretty monetarily frugal when it comes to modding your car, something that I don't suggest. Unless you get 4.10's and a higher stall torque convertor with a centi blower, you won't be too thrilled at the performance.

60lb injectors $380
KBB Boost A Pump $250
Intercooler $250

That's $880 right now +/- w/o shipping costs.

Don't forget plugs, fuel pump, sensors, pulleys, tensioner, belt, hoses, plumbing, oil feed lines, custom coolant risers and O-rings, filter, lid, clamps, screws, bolts, blower BRACKET, couplers, fan, shroud, blow thru MassAir Sensor, smaller reservoir, PCV relocation and fittings, blow off valve, etc etc. I'm sure there is a ton I missed. Quite a few hundred at the least here.

Don't forget the pesky custom blower piping that will run a few hundred.

Tuner gonna cost you $300+, and you STILL need to get it tuned and dyno'd.

Let's not forget the BLOWER head unit. Here's a price list for those. Over $2k for head unit alone.
http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/product.php?p=4

I dont want you to get in over your head. All these parts are NECESSARY. And like I said, centi blowers almost require 4.10's and a TC. You're talking $1k for these alone.

All this adds up to over twice you think you can get away with, and that doesnt include install items if you cant/wont do it yourself.

Are you doing headers/exhaust? This will add over 50hp on our cars, completely documented. This is over $1,200 installed

My suggestion is hang tight, scrape together more $$$, and wait for a used COMPLETE unit to pop up.

Don't forget, a locking diff and 31 spline axles add strength to the rear end, and are a VERY good idea on blown cars.

Obviously, getting these parts used will save you considerable $$, but be careful.

Good luck.

Thanks for the luck. A lot of what you sugested is from your point of veiw. I for one wouldn't put long tube headers and 4.10's and wouldn't put a T/C. I for one don't want to drag it maybe like you do. I already have the tuner and a guy that will dyno and tune it. But not for an arm and a leg. Also, a lot of those things you mentioned in the begining of your post, would come with a used set up from a stang. And of course hunt for the few fill in the gap things. As for frugal for performance, There's an ass for every seat, and mine would be just a little happier with 100 more horse or so.

Again, is all in what the person is looking to get out of it.

FormulaMarauder
03-14-2011, 05:16 PM
Again, is all in what the person is looking to get out of it.

If you arent looking to race it, and just want it to boogy a bit faster, a base S-Trim will do fine. And yes, a used mustang kit will have most the parts.
You will although need the custom following parts.
4" power pipe
Conical filter
Filter lid
Custom pipes, also including 90* pipe going into throttle body.
Tensioner
Blower bracket assembly
Custom aluminum coolant risers
Fan, fan shroud.
Intercooler (Dont think a Mustang one will fit)

I'm curious as to your final cost. You may inspire a few budget minded modders here. Again, best of luck! I can install one of these in my sleep, so any questions you have, just ask. :beer:

MMBLUE
03-14-2011, 05:45 PM
If you arent looking to race it, and just want it to boogy a bit faster, a base S-Trim will do fine. And yes, a used mustang kit will have most the parts.
You will although need the custom following parts.
4" power pipe
Conical filter
Filter lid
Custom pipes, also including 90* pipe going into throttle body.
Tensioner
Blower bracket assembly
Custom aluminum coolant risers
Fan, fan shroud.
Intercooler (Dont think a Mustang one will fit)

I'm curious as to your final cost. You may inspire a few budget minded modders here. Again, best of luck! I can install one of these in my sleep, so any questions you have, just ask. :beer:
Sure will thanks for asking. Next time I run the MM up to the family who stay up in New England area. I'll give ya a jingle.

BTW, a Cobra intake Hat fits right up to our cars and doesn't require all that funky pipeing. Just EGR modding and and thottle cable working. Besides I kinda like the Cobra on top.

Of course, the battery move etc.