PDA

View Full Version : I got my last babys ashes today from the vet

LeoVampire
02-25-2011, 02:08 PM
When my babes were puppies. 23879 23880

Back in September we lost one of our babies Franky he was only a month shy of 14 years old. He had a tumor that ruptured during the night and he did not even wake us up even though he was pacing and bleeding all over the house.
He passed on September 11th. He would not lay down just stayed huddled close to me and rested his head on my shoulder and died in my arms. He weighed in @ 72 pounds.

Then the weekend before Valentine's day Molly had a tumor inside her chest that burst it's sack. We could see her chest expanding and she started to have a problem getting up and down and moving around. Her breathing was labored.
By Monday morning Valentines day from walking and moving her skin split open from the pressure and she started to bleed. So by the time we got her to the vet when it opened up it was time for us to put her down as well. When I put Molly on the table she just started to have a siezier as the doc was putting the needle into her leg. I was holding my baby like I did her brother Franky. She was 55 lbs.

I had Molly from when she was a puppy my friends gave her to me to try and give me a reason to fight and keep going after I was forced to retire and all the heart problems got worse. She saved my life!
Franky I got just before I met Francisco the family who had him lost their house and I offered to take him and give him a good home with his sister Molly.

I miss my babies and I hope they are running together again where ever they are.

Hard not to look for Molly she always use to peak around a corner trying to see what I was doing and if she could con me out of a snack in the kitchen. How do you figure out how to handle losing a 14 year companion and a reason to get up out of bed each day? How do you say good bye to your children?

martyo
02-25-2011, 02:15 PM
I love my dogs so I know how close you can become to your pets.

Here is a picture I took late last night of my latest two rescues:

http://www.legalknevil.com/albums/My-Dogs/PART_1298599757281_Large.sized .jpg

Egon Spengler
02-25-2011, 02:28 PM
Sorry to hear of your losses buddy. I had my dog Smitty from age 6-19. He was by my side throughout my childhood and he was my best friend. I love that dog and I STILL miss him. It was so tough to let him go, but it was what was best for him. You pooch's are safe and pain free now. I am sure they are playing together. Just remember the great times you had with them. I'd say when you feel ready to, get another dog and start a new friendship, but never forget the old friends either! I got my pooch tattooed on my back so I can always see him whenever I want. As long as there is a mirror around! haha
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2598/238/62/562932925/n562932925_2247177_7823942.jpg

SC Cheesehead
02-25-2011, 02:44 PM
Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Those of us who have and love pets share your grief, Cherish the memories, my friend, they'll be with you in years to come, and you'll look back with fond remembrance.

TAKEDOWN
02-25-2011, 03:24 PM
I lost a dog due to age in 1999 and I must say she lived a good life! I presently have (3) Dad, Mom, and Daughter. Both Dad and Mom are 11, which makes em' 77 in human age. I can see the white in their faces (Dad-a black Lab/german shepherd mix, mom- yellow lab, and daughter-combo. LoL, Dad has a white beard and look similar to your dog/s) and I know our years together are running out. I don't know what we're gonna do when it's their time to go and with 3 dogs to love, I don't even want to talk about it. I'm sure you gave them an awesome life and that there is good enough. I can't even watch certain dog movies like "Marley and Me", "Eight Below", "My Dog Skip" etc., :bigcry: too sad. It definitely sucks and they're irreplaceable, but a new pup when you're ready brings new meaning to life quickly!

HammerDown
02-25-2011, 03:41 PM
Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Those of us who have and love pets share your grief, Cherish the memories, my friend, they'll be with you in years to come, and you'll look back with fond remembrance.

^^^^^^^
Couldn't have said it better. We had two kitties that made it to 17 & 19 years old. It is strange not having them around, but it does get easier with time. So sorry this happened............

Shaijack
02-25-2011, 03:52 PM
Sorry to hear it, I do know what you are feeling. Had 2 pass, 17 and 18 years old. Got a 1 year old rescue dog and she is a solid part of our family now. She had a broken hip and heart worms. $3500.00 later she is great. Sleeps on me every night.

Mr. Man
02-25-2011, 04:38 PM
Dave,
Paula and I send our deepest sympathies to you and Francisco. We know what you are going though and will keep you both in our thoughts.
Eric

MM03MOK
02-25-2011, 05:04 PM
Franky and Molly are playing with all my bunny babies over the Rainbow Bridge. May they play in peace and love. ♥

Bunny

Ms. Denmark
02-25-2011, 06:45 PM
Dave I'm so sorry! This is the heartbreaking part of loving our wonderful four legged family members. They are like beloved children and it is so hard to say goodbye when their lives here on earth must end. Just know that many, many of us know exactly what you are feeling....because we have been there too. Eric and I will keep you in our thoughts.

LeoVampire
02-26-2011, 10:50 AM
Ms. Denmark / MM03MOK / Mr. Man / Shaijack / HammerDown / TAKEDOWN / SC Cheesehead / Egon Spengler / martyo

Molly and Franky were my first dogs I had as pets.

I / we had a cat, Boo Boo Bear I got her from the SPCA in Mass when I lived there and she was 19 years old when she passed on but it did not effect me like this. Only Francisco mourned her loss because she always went to him once he was in my life she was the first to accept him.

Molly did not want to share her daddy with anyone so it took her time to come around.

Franky loved anyone and everyone and always had to make someone in the house a part of his life. Franky was so gentle even when he was chewing on a fresh bone anyone even a total stranger could take it away from him with a single grumble he would just stomp the floor with his paw and howl asking for the bone back it was cute. Molly you had to ask permission to take something from her and she would stand and wait right in front of you to get it back LOL!

Just so hard to say good bye and no longer have a reason to get out of bed anymore for our walks and time together. With people there is always someone to share memories with but your pet it is just who is in the house and every time we share a memory all it does is bring tears.

I dream of them every night and expect to be woken up every morning asking can I go out to pee.

Nothing like having your heart ripped out over the loss.

Anyways thanks for listening to me and for the compassion I hope all of your furry friends last with you for years to come as well!

Dave

Ms. Denmark
02-26-2011, 12:00 PM
Oh Dave, how well Eric and I know just how broken hearted a person can be when this happens. We lost our 2 little Dachshunds, Tally Ho (15 years) and Jaimie (6 years) within months of each other a few years ago. Absolutely devastating. It is so hard! We still cry sometimes. Please know you have many friends here who understand and care. The dark days will pass in time I promise. And you will be able to smile through your tears remembering all the wonderful unconditional love you shared with Frankie and Molly.

Bob
02-27-2011, 06:52 AM
I'm sorry for your loss.

You may like this poem I came across at this time last year when I had to put Tobie, my 10 year old mixed Collie, to rest because she had lymphoma.

Thank you for loving me.
You know I love you too.
That's why it's hard to say goodbye
and end this life with you.
So hold me now just one more time
and let me hear you say,
because you care so much for me
you'll let me go today.

jabird56
02-27-2011, 07:11 AM
January 2005, I had to put my Yellow Lab; Brandy, down. That was the hardiest thing I every had to do, but I knew it had to be done. She made it to 14 1/2 years of fun.

A Dog’s Plea

Treat me kindly, my beloved friend, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving of me.
Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I should lick your hand between blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me things you would have me learn.

Speak to me often, for your voice is the world’s sweetest music, as you must know from the fierce wagging of my tail whenever your footstep falls upon my waiting ear.

Please take me inside when it is cold and wet, for I am a domesticated animal, and no longer accustomed to bitter elements. I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the warm hearth.

Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst.

Feed me clean food that I may stay well, to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side and stand ready, willing and able to protect you with my life should your life be in danger.

And, my friend, when I am very old, and no longer enjoy good health, hearing and sight, do not make heroic efforts to keep me going. I am not having any fun. Please see that my trusting life is taken gently. I shall leave this earth knowing with my last breath I draw that my fate was always safest in your hands.

W.G. Corgill/1987

ckadiddle
02-28-2011, 02:48 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss. We went through twice it last year.

Harley - companion for 14 years
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f129/ckadiddle/100_0425.jpg

Sarge - Kadiddlebabe's for the last two years
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f129/ckadiddle/e0fb5f7f.jpg

It never ceases to amaze me how much I loved a dog I didn't want and a rat that had as much personality as a dog. I miss them both badly still.

SMOKE
02-28-2011, 03:39 PM
Very sorry to hear LV....they say "time heals" so give it time and keep your head up...

Jonathan

knine
02-28-2011, 05:18 PM
If there's one thing I HATE about owning dogs............is that you outlive them and often have to put them down for health reasons. I feel for you, I had to put one down last summer and another, my baby girl, is not long for the world.:bigcry:

LeoVampire
03-03-2011, 12:50 PM
The memorial we are doing for the babies is coming along.
Got a new sofa table for the front entrance way and printing pictures and buying frames to put them on the wall above their ashes and death certificates the cremation center gave us. We even made pics of Boo Boo Bear our cat that passed away a few years ago.
Just ordered the urns for their ashes as well.

Our friends think we are crazy doing all of this but they have kids so they do not think of their fury pets like kids.

Some day when I go they will all be there to great me and show me the Love I was so use to having around the house.

In the mean time to try and take my mind off of things we have been buying stuff for the cars so when spring hits I will have work to do.

New Painted Bumper cover for the Taurus it it cracked from Francisco hitting a cement pole when it slid on the ice and wind guards for the windows on it.

Plus the chin spoiler, 4 rotors, 4 calipers and 2 sets of pads, and all of the stereo equipment is almost all here for the Marauder. Plus I did not put the deep trany pan on last year nor the trunk insulator I had made like the one for the hood. So plenty of work to do as soon as the snow is gone.

Francisco got a promotion @ work so money is not as bad as it use to be. But still can not swing another car for me to use. Getting tired of being home bound to say the least.

But I have to thank the babies for helping me through my stroke. Molly was always pushing me to do things and talking to her and walking her kept me going! Installed a new browser that helps me with spelling so that was a plus as well. Just wish I did not get headache's being on the PC and internet. I miss my video games.

Anyways when I start the work on the Marauder and Taurus I will post pics of the process.

Thanks and god bless everyone!

Dave & Francisco

JOEMERC
03-03-2011, 05:09 PM
I feel your pain we had to put our beagle down cause of cancer and he was only 7 years old. He was my best friend for sure, cried for days . Its not fair how he was taken so young , rip .