PDA

View Full Version : 156 inch HDTV

Bluerauder
03-05-2011, 10:15 AM
That's a 13 foot diagonal screen.

When my youngest son, the S.O.B., had his house built about 2 years ago, he made sure that it was wired top to bottom with pre-wired outlets for cable and audio. He even had reinforced panels installed in the walls before the drywall was hung so he could mount flat screen panels.

Last weekend I went out to visit his place for the first time in over a month. Downstairs in the family room, he has installed an HDTV projection system similar to what you see in a movie theater. He asked me if I wanted to come downstairs and see his new set-up.

I had no idea how huge this picture was. The projector shoots a HDTV signal onto the far wall about 7 feet tall and 12 feet wide. Wow !!!! The picture was crystal clear from any point in the room and even from the steps coming down. Not sure what brand projector he is using. He has the reciever and the cable box flush mounted in the wall to the left of "his" seat in the home theater.

We watched part of the NASCAR race at Las Vegas on the big screen and the surround sound/home theater system made it incredible. Just like being there ..... sometimes even better.

I was impressed. The boy never does anything in a small way. ;)

shawn.criswell
03-05-2011, 10:58 AM
I have the same, not quite as large. Measured out to 134 inches, just ran out of wall space. I had to do a lot of the wiring myself because I hadn't planned for the way I set it up. Everyone comes by and thinks its great. I have my DVR, and gaming systems all hooked into it.

rayjay
03-05-2011, 12:25 PM
Wow, wish I had the room for that sounds sweet. I just joined the world of Bluray finally. Not much of a videophile and have lost interest in audio since they merged many moons ago. I do still insist on Klipsch speakers, seperate sub woofer? Not needed :coolman:

Bluerauder
03-05-2011, 01:33 PM
I have the same, not quite as large. Measured out to 134 inches, just ran out of wall space. I have my DVR, and gaming systems all hooked into it.

He had to mount the projector in the storage room and project through a 10 inch hole in the wall in order to get the proper distance. He has his gaming system hooked to it too. Looks very professionally done, too.

Wow, wish I had the room for that sounds sweet. I just joined the world of Bluray finally.

He also has a BluRay wired in. We watched part of a James Bond 007 lead-in on his "BIG" screen too. Very nice.

ImpalaSlayer
03-05-2011, 01:39 PM
no pics? sounds awesome!

MOTOWN
03-05-2011, 04:19 PM
that does sound nice!............. some day perhaps

Blk Mamba
03-05-2011, 04:33 PM
Wow, I like big, but the room would have to be 30 feet long to really enjoy it, wouldn't it?

justbob
03-05-2011, 05:01 PM
Dang Charlie, that sure puts my 100" HD system to shame!

Juice
03-05-2011, 06:05 PM
My home theater sound system is worth more than my car. I'm waiting until I get a house I'm going to stay in (as in out of the Navy) before I go balls out on the screen. Right now I only have a Sony 50" 1080p.

fastblackmerc
03-05-2011, 06:23 PM
Mitsubishi 73" DLP in my family room.

justbob
03-05-2011, 06:41 PM
Oh, I thought we were speaking projectors? I LOVE my new LG 60" Plasma! NICE picture!

BTW, jealous over here Jim!

Mr. Man
03-05-2011, 09:54 PM
That's a 13 foot diagonal screen.

When my youngest son, the S.O.B., had his house built about 2 years ago, he made sure that it was wired top to bottom with pre-wired outlets for cable and audio. He even had reinforced panels installed in the walls before the drywall was hung so he could mount flat screen panels.

Last weekend I went out to visit his place for the first time in over a month. Downstairs in the family room, he has installed an HDTV projection system similar to what you see in a movie theater. He asked me if I wanted to come downstairs and see his new set-up.

I had no idea how huge this picture was. The projector shoots a HDTV signal onto the far wall about 7 feet tall and 12 feet wide. Wow !!!! The picture was crystal clear from any point in the room and even from the steps coming down. Not sure what brand projector he is using. He has the reciever and the cable box flush mounted in the wall to the left of "his" seat in the home theater.

We watched part of the NASCAR race at Las Vegas on the big screen and the surround sound/home theater system made it incredible. Just like being there ..... sometimes even better.

I was impressed. The boy never does anything in a small way. ;)

I can hear Charlie now...."Hang on sonny before you start the movie let me grab my glasses":D

rayjay
03-06-2011, 09:45 AM
Hmmm, I went 52" on my Aquas according to the room size for viewing formula chart? I'm happy, works for us and Crutchfield gave us a really nice price on a set I'd never seen on sale before.

Charlie, on the projectors can you walk right up close with no distortion? I do have room to go bigger with that option. :cool:

JBeezy
03-06-2011, 10:52 AM
I need to upgrade. I still use my 65" rear projector. HD signal and it's perfect with surround sound

rayjay
03-06-2011, 10:59 AM
I need to upgrade. I still use my 65" rear projector. HD signal and it's perfect with surround sound

Then why fix what ain't broke? I hear that from wife all the time... I freely admit to wants versus needs. :D Some result in a ear boxing, some don't. At my advance stage of decrepancy it don't matter.

Baaad GN
03-06-2011, 11:50 AM
I still have my 19 inch!

johnnyrauder
03-06-2011, 04:24 PM
i have a 32in. led. but now i have screen envy