PDA

View Full Version : Bald Eagle Fans Take A Look .....

Marauderjack
03-05-2011, 02:18 PM
A friend sent me the link to this GREAT site.......a webcam beside an Eagles nest in Decorah, Iowa......TOO COOL!!!!:beer::bows:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/decorah-eagles

A guy named Bob runs the camera and zooms in from time to time as well as pans the area.....GREAT setup!!!:D

Marauderjack:beer:

69ranchero351c
03-05-2011, 02:27 PM
it sucks we had one liven right down the road, but the winds here lately blew its nest outa the tree one day. so i dont know if its gona move on or rebuild it but it was cool seein it down in the fields and up in its nest.

guspech750
03-05-2011, 04:52 PM
We have two eagles living I an very tall tree about five minutes down the road. They had babies last summer and they are back. I am guessing they are planing on staying.

Sent from my iPhone
Go White Sox!!!

F8LBITEva
03-05-2011, 05:13 PM
thats so awesome!

Marauderjack
03-06-2011, 01:19 PM
I was reading the "FAQ's" and they said the typical nest weighs 1.5 TONS......YIKES!!!:eek:

Hope they picked a stout tree!!:beer:

Got a great head shot today when the operator zoomed in.....TOO COOL!!!

Joe Walsh
03-06-2011, 01:27 PM
Awesome link!
That is so cool to watch those beautiful Eagles on their nest.

Did you also check out the "Hummingbird nest cam"?

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ourhummingbirdnest-com

From one of the largest birds to one of the smallest.
Those little Hummingbirds are impressive in their own way!

I knew a customer of mine in Southern Maryland who had a Bald Eagle nest in the woods behind their yard.
They thought that it was cool until his mother claimed that: "one of the eagles had swooped down into her yard and snagged one of her cats. The cat struggled and got dropped after being lifted about 10 feet into the air."
He didn't believe his Mother until he checked out the cat and found deep claw wounds in it's back!...:eek:

rayjay
03-06-2011, 01:52 PM
Amazing link! Thank you for sharing. I passed it on. We have them visit the area from time to time. We have quite a few hawks that live here, even year round. Beautiful creatures.

Marauderjack
03-07-2011, 03:52 PM
It is S-N-O-W-I-N-G on them right now......UGH!!!:argue:

MERCMAN
04-01-2011, 04:13 PM
eggs are hatching!! Just saw a little beak peek out from a hole in one of the eggs!! Over 110,000 veiwers!!

MERCMAN
04-02-2011, 04:26 AM
We have a birth!! Fuzzy little eagle chick!!!

MM03MOK
04-02-2011, 05:15 AM
aaahhhhh....so cute!!!! Gray and fuzzy!! I've enjoyed watching.... Momma Eagle keeping house while warming the chicks!