PDA

View Full Version : Want to work for me? We have a QA/NDT opening.

CBT
03-07-2011, 06:01 AM
Just what the title says, I will be your supervisor (:eek:), foreign nationals and illegals need not apply. Here are some details:

Consulting Field Engineer- QA/Electrical
Requisition ID

: 11004492
Business Sector

: Shipbuilding-Gulf Coast
: United States-Virginia-Newport News
US Citizenship Required for this Position

: Yes
Relocation Assistance

: No relocation assistance available
Clearance Type

: Secret
Number of Openings

: 1
Shift

: 1st Shift

Description

Provides technical engineering support. Assignments are typically broad in nature and are screened to eliminate unusual design problems. Performs customer support activities involving the installation, modification and repair of complex equipment and systems.

Develops or reviews designs by extracting and analyzing a variety of engineering data. Develops, prepares, or recommends schematics, designs, specifications, electrical drawings and parts lists. Conducts tests or experiments requiring selection and adaptation or modification of a wide variety of critical test equipment and test procedures. Performs customer support activities involving the installation, modification and repair of complex equipment and systems. Adapts equipment or system to satisfy unique requirements. Conducts on-site installation of equipment and follows established testing procedures to ensure proper working order. Isolates equipment start-up malfunctions and takes corrective action. Trains customer personnel in equipment operation and maintenance responsibilities. Develops schedules and assigns work to meet critical service projects. Ensures maintenance contracts for services are fulfilled and that appropriate documentation and records are kept.

Applies standard methods to limited segments of research and development projects; conducts tests or experiments and redesign as necessary; and records and evaluates data and reports findings. Applies conventional engineering practices to develop, prepare, or recommend schematics, designs, specifications, electrical drawings and parts lists.

Qualifications

Position Specifics:
Experienced Marine Electrician to provide Quality Control oversight for HM&E work aboard US Navy Aircraft Carriers - Must have an excellent working knowledge of Shipboard Electrical Distribution Systems, Electrical Controllers, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) and Interior Communication Equipment and Systems. Candidate must be able to read and understand blueprints, schematic diagrams, and technical manuals and work procedures. Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and be able to effectively communicate with Senior Managers. US Navy Nuclear experience required. Plant Supervisor/Operator experience preferred.

Basic Qualifications:

High school diploma or equivalent and appropriate Trade School or related Armed Forces school + 9 years related experience; OR 12 years related experience plus 4 years supervisory experience.
Physical Requirements:

Ability to work in shipboard environment.
Able to lift, carry and transport heavy equipment and boxes, weight requirements will be determined by the specific job.
Able to work on and climb ladders, work in extreme temperature environments, shipboard, shipyards, under industrial conditions and in confined spaces.
Able to perform other duties as required. May involve high heat, humidity, noise and dirty conditions, working aloft or over the sides of vessels, riding ships at sea for extended periods. May require the ability to work while wearing a respirator. T
ravel may be required within and outside of the continental United States.

Equipment Used:

Basic Hand Tools
Electric/Pneumatic Power Tools (portable and installed)
Specific Trades as applicable: Hydrostatic Test Equipment, Electric/Electronic Test Equipment, Gas Free Equipment, Welding/Cutting Equipment, Valve Lapping Equipment, Precision Measuring Instruments.

AMSEC LLC is a corporation operated as a wholly owned subsidiary of Northrop Grumman Shipbuilding. With approximately 2,000 employees in 28 locations nationwide and overseas, AMSEC LLC is a full service supplier to the Navy and commercial maritime industry, providing naval architecture and marine engineering, naval ship systems assessments, maintenance engineering, acquisition program development, shipyard industrial engineering, and complete logistics services from technical manual development to provisioning documents, to spare parts management and training.

Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company whose 120,000 employees provide innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems, shipbuilding and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.

Northrop Grumman is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.

Pat
03-07-2011, 04:39 PM
CBT,

That job description is very broad and overly complex, it encompasses many different engineering disciplines and all you want is a high school education and some experience? WOW, Se habla espanol? All for no pay listed which is code for minimum wage, right?

I fixed my lawn mower's carburetor today, basic hand/power tools, no parts needed.

Would this qualify me .......as a gas engine fuel induction and distribution technician able to diagnose start/run anomalies, using engine/fuel system manuals. Able to operate air compressor systems in cleaning operations while hanging over the side of work benches. Able to devise test procedures for certifying efficient and safe operation of gasoline engines of the four stroke configuration.

Please send me an app. ;)

Regards,

PonyUP
03-07-2011, 05:40 PM
I know Joe will apply because he has so much experience working beneath you :lol:

CBT
03-07-2011, 07:05 PM
If you can wire Programable Logic Controllers and read wiring diagrams for aircraft carriers and also conduct NDT and other general Quality Assurance duties, come on down, brother! Starting pay is no less than 18, it goes up from there based on experience. I'll be at the interviews, so if you answer every question with Chuck Norris or Marauder, you're in!:beer:

CBT,

That job description is very broad and overly complex, it encompasses many different engineering disciplines and all you want is a high school education and some experience? WOW, Se habla espanol? All for no pay listed which is code for minimum wage, right?

I fixed my lawn mower's carburetor today, basic hand/power tools, no parts needed.

Would this qualify me .......as a gas engine fuel induction and distribution technician able to diagnose start/run anomalies, using engine/fuel system manuals. Able to operate air compressor systems in cleaning operations while hanging over the side of work benches. Able to devise test procedures for certifying efficient and safe operation of gasoline engines of the four stroke configuration.

Please send me an app. ;)

Regards,

69428SCJ
03-07-2011, 07:09 PM
Hi Sailor, is this on usajobs.gov? Sure reads like it to me!

CBT
03-07-2011, 07:10 PM
Hi Sailor, is this on usajobs.gov? Sure reads like it to me!

It very well could be, along with a few other sites.

Mr. Man
03-07-2011, 07:14 PM
Does working with you qualify the applicant for combat pay?:D

CBT
03-07-2011, 07:15 PM
Does working with you qualify the applicant for combat pay?:D

No, but it should. :beer:

Joe Walsh
03-07-2011, 08:00 PM
I'll take the job...work for a few weeks, then claim sexual harassment, hire a good lawyer and make off like a bandit!!!

I'll be financially set for life, though scarred for life after my testimony in court....:o

Attorney:
"Mr Walsh...Do you recall how many times your immediate superior 'accidentally' dropped the electrical diagrams on the floor, then winked and asked you to bend over and pick them up for him?"

"Now tell us more about this 'Richard Simmons short shorts Friday' dress code...."

:eek:

RacerX
03-07-2011, 08:05 PM
Hi Sailor! :wave:

massacre
03-07-2011, 09:22 PM
"Now tell us more about this 'Richard Simmons short shorts Friday' dress code...."

Bwahahahahahahhahaha rotfl

Haggis
03-09-2011, 05:02 AM
Are reach arounds in the 'benefits program'?

SC Cheesehead
03-09-2011, 06:28 AM
I'd apply, but I'm very moody and extremely difficult to work with. You'd probably end up firing me, and in turn, I'd respond by going postal, which would be really bad for you, and would certainly not be a career enhancer for me, so better off I pass on these...

CBT
03-09-2011, 07:05 AM
Are reach arounds in the 'benefits program'?

They are when your wife also works here :D

Joe Walsh
03-09-2011, 07:06 AM
I'd apply, but I'm very moody and extremely difficult to work with. You'd probably end up firing me, and in turn,
I'd respond by going postal, which would be really bad for you, and would certainly not be a career enhancer for me, so better off I pass on these...

That's true Rex, but if you worked for the USPS you wouldn't necessarily lose your job.
They have rehab programs for Postal employees who shoot less than 5 coworkers.
Shoot more than 5 coworkers and, difficult as it may be for them...they would have to let you go......
Of course with full benefits, retirement fund and a government paid lifetime counseling program.
You could probably even coax a letter of recommendation out of them if you filed a grievance with the Postal Worker's Union....:rolleyes:

SC Cheesehead
03-09-2011, 07:50 AM
That's true Rex, but if you worked for the USPS you wouldn't necessarily lose your job.
They have rehab programs for Postal employees who shoot less than 5 coworkers.
Shoot more than 5 coworkers and, difficult as it may be for them...they would have to let you go......
Of course with full benefits, retirement fund and a government paid lifetime counseling program.
You could probably even coax a letter of recommendation out of them if you filed a grievance with the Postal Worker's Union....:rolleyes:

Ain't this a great country, or what... ;)

Spectragod
03-09-2011, 09:40 AM
If I had the time to kill, I would apply, just so I could have the interview, that would be a hoot.

Lignum
03-09-2011, 09:53 AM
I still have a few more years on my enlistment. But I bet I would qualify as a prior nuke Machinist's Mate. Who wants to live in Virginia though :puke:

CBT
03-09-2011, 10:00 AM
If I had the time to kill, I would apply, just so I could have the interview, that would be a hoot.

Man that is a funny idea! My boss would see another Marauder pull up and know something was going on, lol. He's a great guy.

Haggis
03-09-2011, 10:08 AM
I'll take the job Casey, but I get to set my own hours.

CBT
03-09-2011, 10:09 AM
I'll take the job Casey, but I get to set my own hours.
Let me guess, you will only work from gay-thirty to reacharound noon.

Haggis
03-09-2011, 10:17 AM
Let me guess, you will only work from gay-thirty to reacharound noon.
No from the crack of your butt, to the setting of your gums.

SC Cheesehead
03-09-2011, 10:19 AM
I can see where this thread is rapidly headed.

IBTL....;)

Paul T. Casey
03-09-2011, 11:27 AM
What are the experience requirements and levels of certification? Also, got a salary range? Probably a bit low for me (and I'm happy where I'm at in life) but I've got some folks who may like this. NDT level II's with varying experience.

Paul T. Casey
03-09-2011, 11:28 AM
I'll pm you when I get a chance.

Spectragod
03-09-2011, 03:03 PM
Man that is a funny idea! My boss would see another Marauder pull up and know something was going on, lol. He's a great guy.

I could smoke up the lot:burnout: so he couldn't see the car. If that would help any. :D

I LOVE interviews where I have no plans/chance of getting the job. They always refer me to those stand up comedian places, not real sure why. :rolleyes:

CBT
03-09-2011, 03:50 PM
I'll pm you when I get a chance.
Right on, fire away.

CBT
03-09-2011, 03:56 PM
I could smoke up the lot:burnout: so he couldn't see the car. If that would help any. :D

We had a luncheon one day, so I drove to where my boss works and we all get ready to leave for the res'trant, he decides to ride with his boss. Well his boss drives a big 'ol Ford pick-up with turbo this and turbo that badges on it. We had fun on the way to lunch. He said he'd have to try again after he got his exhaust work done and his tune adjusted. I said just let me know, maybe I'll change my plugs, lol. We work hard and play hard fo sho.

guspech750
03-09-2011, 05:31 PM
If I were hired. I would claim sexual harasment. But drop the harasment and "insert" excitement.
Can I wear my assless and crotchless pants?

Are friends with benifets one of the benifets?

Sent from my iPhone
Go White Sox!!!

CBT
03-09-2011, 05:40 PM
If I were hired. I would claim sexual harasment. But drop the harasment and "insert" excitement.
Can I wear my assless and crotchless pants?

Are friends with benifets one of the benifets?

Sent from my iPhone
Go White Sox!!!

I actually asked if I could wear shorts. I mean, who doesn't want to wear cut off jean shorts, steel toed boots, and a hardhat all day? Unfortunately, shorts are not authorized.
I am your friend, that should be enough benefit for you :)

Haggis
03-10-2011, 05:01 AM
I actually asked if I could wear shorts. I mean, who doesn't want to wear cut off jean shorts, steel toed boots, and a hardhat all day? Unfortunately, shorts are not authorized.
I am your friend, that should be enough benefit for you :)

I did not know you worked at the YMCA?

Joe Walsh
03-10-2011, 05:28 AM
......:laugh:

I did not know you worked at the YMCA?

They had previously nixed his "Indian Chief" and "Leather clad Motorcycle guy" dress day request.

:P

CBT
03-10-2011, 05:40 AM

They had previously nixed his "Indian Chief" and "Leather clad Motorcycle guy" dress day request.

Yeah my idea of casual Friday and thiers didn't quite match. :alone:

Haggis
03-10-2011, 05:48 AM

Wait til they see his cowboy outfit.

Joe Walsh
03-10-2011, 05:52 AM
Which outfit had the leather chaps?

CBT
03-10-2011, 07:13 AM
Which outfit had the leather chaps?

All my outfits involve leather chaps, BLAMMY!