PDA

View Full Version : Car repair update

Motorhead350
03-07-2011, 03:10 PM
Well I spoke to a few people today. The truck driver and the bodyshop owner. The told me I was all set to have the car fixed at the trucking companies expense and to bring it in next week. I am going to be outta town just two days after they get the car, do I don't have to go after them for a rental. I can be without a car for two days, especially when the bus and train is close by.

Also I mentioned that I would like written proof saying my car will be repaired at the full expense of the trucking company. I haven't filed a police report or contacted insurance. I already went to the police station the day it happened and they said they couldn't do a thing because I didn't have the other guys insurance info.

This is why I am going by what the trucking company wants. As I learned on this board with no police report or insurance claims the trucking company could walk away completely and I would be S.O.L. even with all of the info I have. So because they are still actually willing to fix the car, I am still taking it where they want it.

I'll take before and after pics too. Looks like the car will be ready for KY, IF I can make it, but I doubt the engine work will be done. I wanna finish getting the damage taken care of first before everyone decides to bail. Plus Zack has other people ahead of me.

Thanks for all the info so far guys. I will NEVER drive away without insurance info or a police report ever again. Sounds like this is going surprisingly well, but who knows on how good the work will be. :confused:

Bigdogjim
03-07-2011, 03:31 PM
We can only hope it turns out well for your marauder:)

Best of luck.sounds like your on track.

J-MAN
03-07-2011, 03:37 PM
Best of luck!!!!

DOOM
03-07-2011, 04:18 PM
Good luck Dom.

PonyUP
03-07-2011, 05:42 PM
Good Luck Dom, it sounds like they are doing the right thing, just keep an eye out

ShadyLurker
03-07-2011, 05:57 PM
Good luck to you.

Mercguy04
03-07-2011, 06:01 PM
Good Luck. Did they give you a time frame? Have they giving you information on how
they intend to process this repair, ie hang a new quarter, pull out the dent and refinish,
I hope thay stay away from Bondo, they also have to paint match the quarter or at least blend the trunk and side of the car.
Best of luck
Russell

Blackened300a
03-07-2011, 06:15 PM
Good luck Dom. I hope they do right by you.

PonyUP
03-07-2011, 06:48 PM
Hey Dom,
I just heard that in addition to Kip Winger and Ronnie Montrose, the Red Rocker, Sammy Hagar is going to be at your next Fantasy camp. He also just gave an interview that said he would love to do another record with Van Halen.

Dave is back with the group and they are in studio now recording a new album (As it should be, though I still miss Michael Anthony) But Sammy was pretty cool too. Here's a link to where I ehard about it

http://www.vhnd.com/

Sorry to go off topic

kernie
03-07-2011, 07:06 PM
In the interest of public safety perhaps they can put a back-up beeper on.

Bigdogjim
03-07-2011, 07:37 PM
Well trust me back up beepers are WORTHLESS!!!!!!!!!!!

People hear them and try and hustle up to beat you out before you back over them:mad:

rayjay
03-07-2011, 07:58 PM
Hope it works out Dom. FWIW, I punch in a plate # in NYS and get all the insurance info I needed for a MVA report. Just saying...

massacre
03-07-2011, 09:25 PM
...troll...

a_d_a_m
03-07-2011, 10:03 PM
Sammy Hagar...said he would love to do another record with Van Halen. Probably because he has nothing else going on now! :lol: I liked Sammy in Montrose, but his solo stuff and his VH stuff was pretty lame.

With Diamond Dave, every VH album ruled (with maybe an exception for half of Fair Warning). VH only had one really good Sammy album: For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge. The rest were pretty mediocre.

Just my $0.02.

Motorhead350
03-07-2011, 11:10 PM
Hey Dom,
I just heard that in addition to Kip Winger and Ronnie Montrose, the Red Rocker, Sammy Hagar is going to be at your next Fantasy camp. He also just gave an interview that said he would love to do another record with Van Halen.

Dave is back with the group and they are in studio now recording a new album (As it should be, though I still miss Michael Anthony) But Sammy was pretty cool too. Here's a link to where I ehard about it

http://www.vhnd.com/

Sorry to go off topic

My oh my Kip Winger. That man is something else. It'll be fun seeing him again. As far as Sammy goes, I knew that a few weeks ago off of www.rockcamp.com but who knows who else will be there. I mean it's cool that Sammy will be there, but it's others from the past that would have me star stuck.

I already met and shuck hands with my idol Chuck Berry, if he was there I would have a hard time sleeping day after day like xmas eve when I was 4-9. Jerry Lee Lewis, Sandy Nelson, Duane Eddy, the original Drifters... exc. I would be crazy for and to me that's all actual Rock N' Roll. Notice how I mentioned the guys who are still alive.

The whole experience is a blast, but one of the coolest people I met was Mitch Ryder. We were talking for a long time about Rock N' Roll music and big American cars. As you might have recalled he wanted a Marauder right after I took him for a ride in mine. We also called each other back and forth on the phone a few times weeks after the camp. One time he said "Wow Dominick, you sound happy today." "Well a few things went right, but I'm still not in the year 1956." "Actually from talking to you that's exactly where you belong." "I know playing devils music. Actually Pat Boone was the devil, wait no, he worked for the devil." We both got a laugh out of it and he was shocked I knew who The Diablos were. A Doo Wop group from Detroit in the 50s with one of my favorite songs of all time... If I.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBthLcsv8kw

To this day it's still one of my favorite songs of all time. It's my favorite to cruise to and always puts me in a good mood. At times I have listened to this song 20 times over, it's best when I am cruising alone.

If I were to have an actual Rock N' Roll Fantasy Camp I would invite:

Robert Johnson
Muddy Waters
Chuck Berry
Little Richard
Jerry Lee Lewis
Sam Phillips
Etta James
Richard Berry (creator of Louie, Louie in 1956)
Lenard Chess
Ray Charles
Freddy Boom Boom Cannon (to discuss his work as a studio musician in the 50s)
Kim Fowley
Sandy Nelson
Ricky Nelson
Gene Vincent
Eddie Cochran
Bo Diddley

Most of which are dead, those who are not are near basket cases simply because of age. :(

Sorry to ramble on. I can go all day and all of the night about music.

Well trust me back up beepers are WORTHLESS!!!!!!!!!!!

People hear them and try and hustle up to beat you out before you back over them:mad:

Not me Jim. I give everyone their space, even if I am on foot.

...troll...

Says you and let's not forget what a wonderful, caring and kind person you are. :rolleyes:

Russ, I told them they would have 2 weeks to work on the car and they were happy with that. I also said junkyard taxi cab parts were fine. As long as they are Ford parts and they do the work right. This is in no way a numbers matching car so value is down the drain, but I don't care. It's mine for the rest of my life.

Mike
03-08-2011, 05:12 AM
...troll...

Why :confused: Didn't your parents ever tell you that if you have nothing nice to say, to keep your words to yourself? If you don't like Dom or what he writes, etc...... IGNORE him & his posts :flamer:......Dom..good luck with the repairs, as others have said, make sure you look it over and make sure repairs are done to your satisfaction!! Hope to see you in KY :banana:

kernie
03-08-2011, 06:29 AM
Why :confused: Didn't your parents ever tell you that if you have nothing nice to say, to keep your words to yourself? If you don't like Dom or what he writes, etc...... IGNORE him & his posts :flamer:......Dom..good luck with the repairs, as others have said, make sure you look it over and make sure repairs are done to your satisfaction!! Hope to see you in KY :banana:

Mike, i think the simple one word troll fits, i mean it was dom that posted this garbage to a person he had a buyer\seller tiff with.

Quote;

You know what dude, I have come to the conclusion you are a piece of sh11t. That's right I am name calling on the board without flags. Ban me I don't care. I got all the parts and advice I need. I have no problem giving it right back to you this time. This happens everytime I got out of my way to help someone. Wither it's leaving work to send your crap in the mail or getting kicked out of a band I formed and taught.

You are starting an attack on me for something I lost out on? You are going to burn in hell with a stronger burn than anyone else if there is a hell. I have gone out of my way for you and you wish misery on me? I will honestly say if I ever meet you it's going to be ugly. People like you need to be put in their place. A guy like you belongs in jail for playing the victim.

You wish he was going 80 when he hit me? Are you wishing death upon me? I think you are and guess what that would have been fine too. I was honestly thinking I might be in for a beating or worse when I went to the exact body shop I was going to. I honestly didn't care what would have happened to me, I was more worried about Zack's tires that were in my car. Would that have humored you? Be being hit at 80? And you are saying I am the a-hole? You are such a bigger jerk than even a woman would put up with.

The car wasn't parked. I was letting a truck go by while in drive, but at a stop.

I wish you were here. I would love to meet you at an amateur fight night. I wouldn't even care if I lost. You are going to get whats coming to you someday, by me or someone else. The only reason you are posting such garbage on here is because you know you are safe. I am no where near you. If I was close or at an event I would guarantee you would keep you mouth shut. I am your bone to pick when really the problem is you and you refuse to accept that. You will blame everyone else for your problems except yourself. Guess what? Everything that's wrong in your life is your fault, deal with it and fix it. Just as I am fixing the car. I know I have made wrong decisions and I learn from them, letting you into my life was a mistake. Having thin skin and flipping out over the internet is my fault too, but I'm done being nice to you. I'm not going ignore you and take your bogus attitude.

I actually wish you well. Maybe there is intelligence left in that mind of yours, but if it's one thing I learned about people recently... they never change. Junkies will be junkies, bible thumpers will be bible thumpers and jerks will be jerks. You are a bad person and a scammer and always will be so, unless something happens where you have no choice.

BTW, i believe the other guy in the original tiff.

Just my opinion.

massacre
03-08-2011, 06:46 AM
I didn't mean for this to turn into this ^^^^^

and I thought that thread got locked/deleted and I was glad.
I didn't appreciate the threats of physical violence at all.

Also, I was accused of/being:
a scammer
a bad person
a bigger jerk than a woman would put up with
posting garbage
I blame everyone else for my problems
AND-
I'm going to burn in hell.

What would you do if someone on here called any of you all of this BS ^^^^^^^
All of my other dealings with this site(other than Zack) have been great, definitely some great people here. I have 100% trader rating on over 1/2 a dozen modular Ford websites. I pay quickly, and communicate well. I ship my parts safely, and on time. anyone who has dealt with me will tell you that I am not a bad seller, nor a bad buyer even on this website.
So some kid is calling me a scammer?
I don't take kindly to that at all, and If you are the kind of guys I think you are, you wouldn't stand for that ***** either.

I will say nothing, if I can't say anything nice from now on.

Sorry guys.

MM2004
03-08-2011, 06:55 AM
OK boys and girls.

Keep this on track please?

I closed Dom's original thread as it was heading nowhere.

Let's not let it happen to this one.

;)

Mike.

massacre
03-08-2011, 06:57 AM
OK sorry for the edit.

Papillon
03-08-2011, 07:15 AM
Good luck with the repairs buddy!!!

PonyUP
03-08-2011, 07:17 AM
Probably because he has nothing else going on now! :lol: I liked Sammy in Montrose, but his solo stuff and his VH stuff was pretty lame.

With Diamond Dave, every VH album ruled (with maybe an exception for half of Fair Warning). VH only had one really good Sammy album: For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge. The rest were pretty mediocre.

Just my $0.02.

I agree, though I thought 5150 was the best Sammy Album. I'm not a huge Sammy fan, though I do like the Chickenfoot Album with Big Mike and Joe Satriani.

So thrilled that Dave is back with the Band, though I thought Fair Warning was one fo their best Albums, at least the first 6 songs. Diver Down on the other hand, was just alright. the Record Execs forced them in the studio to do the album right after the fair warning Tour and they jsut weren't into it. The wanted to do the Pretty Woman cover as a one off, and it became so popular, the Producers demanded an album.

But turhtfully I listen to Halen because of Eddie, my jaw still drops when I hear him play.

Da Dark Jedi
03-08-2011, 07:41 AM
Well I spoke to a few people today. The truck driver and the bodyshop owner. The told me I was all set to have the car fixed at the trucking companies expense and to bring it in next week. I am going to be outta town just two days after they get the car, do I don't have to go after them for a rental. I can be without a car for two days, especially when the bus and train is close by.

Also I mentioned that I would like written proof saying my car will be repaired at the full expense of the trucking company. I haven't filed a police report or contacted insurance. I already went to the police station the day it happened and they said they couldn't do a thing because I didn't have the other guys insurance info.

This is why I am going by what the trucking company wants. As I learned on this board with no police report or insurance claims the trucking company could walk away completely and I would be S.O.L. even with all of the info I have. So because they are still actually willing to fix the car, I am still taking it where they want it.

I'll take before and after pics too. Looks like the car will be ready for KY, IF I can make it, but I doubt the engine work will be done. I wanna finish getting the damage taken care of first before everyone decides to bail. Plus Zack has other people ahead of me.

Thanks for all the info so far guys. I will NEVER drive away without insurance info or a police report ever again. Sounds like this is going surprisingly well, but who knows on how good the work will be. :confused:

Keeps us informed Dom. I would still check with your Ins Co to make sure. It's your call. Makes me wonder why the PD won't take a accident report :shake:, with all the drivers in Chicago that doesn't have Ins. I would be worried if a non-insured drive does damage my car and I have all his info except Insuance the police won't let me file. All CPD do is take the report and send it to Springfield, Il anyway, then it's returned to 35th & Michigan @CPD HQ for the Ins to get. This process takes 20-30 working days. You of all people should know how our PD operates. You were on this forum begging people to find your K-5 truck and got no help from the city at all. They want you to get your Ins involved.

Did their body shop put your car on a rack to show you what they are going to do? To rent a full size car it'll cost $30 plus a day. Your car looks like it'll be over a week not 2-4 days. Take it to your bodyshop, get a second opinion. Fixed to your liking, are you a qualified body guy to know if the job is done right? Once the car leaves the shop everything is on you. Since you want to use their shop, get an Independent Inspector to make sure the job is done right it'll cost $300-400 but you won't have to worry, and make the trucking co foot the bill.

Hope it works out for you, keep us informed.:beer:

Motorhead350
03-08-2011, 12:03 PM
Mike, i think the simple one word troll fits, i mean it was dom that posted this garbage to a person he had a buyer\seller tiff with.

Quote;

You know what dude, I have come to the conclusion you are a piece of sh11t. That's right I am name calling on the board without flags. Ban me I don't care. I got all the parts and advice I need. I have no problem giving it right back to you this time. This happens everytime I got out of my way to help someone. Wither it's leaving work to send your crap in the mail or getting kicked out of a band I formed and taught.

You are starting an attack on me for something I lost out on? You are going to burn in hell with a stronger burn than anyone else if there is a hell. I have gone out of my way for you and you wish misery on me? I will honestly say if I ever meet you it's going to be ugly. People like you need to be put in their place. A guy like you belongs in jail for playing the victim.

You wish he was going 80 when he hit me? Are you wishing death upon me? I think you are and guess what that would have been fine too. I was honestly thinking I might be in for a beating or worse when I went to the exact body shop I was going to. I honestly didn't care what would have happened to me, I was more worried about Zack's tires that were in my car. Would that have humored you? Be being hit at 80? And you are saying I am the a-hole? You are such a bigger jerk than even a woman would put up with.

The car wasn't parked. I was letting a truck go by while in drive, but at a stop.

I wish you were here. I would love to meet you at an amateur fight night. I wouldn't even care if I lost. You are going to get whats coming to you someday, by me or someone else. The only reason you are posting such garbage on here is because you know you are safe. I am no where near you. If I was close or at an event I would guarantee you would keep you mouth shut. I am your bone to pick when really the problem is you and you refuse to accept that. You will blame everyone else for your problems except yourself. Guess what? Everything that's wrong in your life is your fault, deal with it and fix it. Just as I am fixing the car. I know I have made wrong decisions and I learn from them, letting you into my life was a mistake. Having thin skin and flipping out over the internet is my fault too, but I'm done being nice to you. I'm not going ignore you and take your bogus attitude.

I actually wish you well. Maybe there is intelligence left in that mind of yours, but if it's one thing I learned about people recently... they never change. Junkies will be junkies, bible thumpers will be bible thumpers and jerks will be jerks. You are a bad person and a scammer and always will be so, unless something happens where you have no choice.

BTW, i believe the other guy in the original tiff.

Just my opinion.

Yeah that's right I said it all, but you forgot to post Rob, started all the drama. Nice way of editing. :rolleyes:

Sorry

LOL Zack was a problem for you? That really means..... nevermind. :lol: I wish I was around to hear that one.

Remember Rob, you started the trouble. If you have a problem PM me. Your lack of responsibility has nothing to do with my car being fixed. Starting trouble on the internet and yet you have the nerve to say I am in the wrong? You have a lot to learn about life and decision making.

As for the car it was checked out, but never on a lift. The trunk was opened, truck lid checked out... all that jazz. I don't need a rental because I will be out of town for the repair. If I asked for one the trucking company could tell me to go F myself because legally they can. I have no insurance info or accident report, so there is no proof it even happened. Right now I gotta play it their way.

I guess being nice actually payed off for the first time in a while. Following though will be another ball game.

CBT
03-08-2011, 12:15 PM
As for the car it was checked out, but never on a lift. The trunk was opened, truck lid checked out... all that jazz. I don't need a rental because I will be out of town for the repair.

5 pound rubber mallet, duct tape, done :D

LeoVampire
03-08-2011, 12:15 PM
I hope when all is said and done she looks like new and rides straight and true as well!

Will keep my fingers crossed for you that when it is in your hands again all will be done.

Motorhead350
03-08-2011, 12:25 PM
Thanks guys. I cannot wait to have it back in great condition again!

Da Dark Jedi
03-08-2011, 12:47 PM
Dom... get in touch with this guy and talk with him. It's worth atlest a phone call.

http://www.consumersautodetective.com/

SC Cheesehead
03-08-2011, 04:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBthLcsv8kw (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBthLcsv8kw)

I love doo wop,thanks for sharing Dom.

Here's mine; love the harmony:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZBSGaWrEn4

fastblackmerc
03-08-2011, 04:47 PM
Some of my favorites

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xNF9uh8SA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7giOrKYIwpQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6OztcWULRI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9hSgs0ITI0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMAlUPGZWfk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Imqa5CJYnqE

jstevens
03-08-2011, 05:05 PM
Stop being a dick to everyone.

MM2004
03-08-2011, 05:19 PM
Stop being a dick to everyone.

You are refering to whom exactly?

Mike.

PonyUP
03-08-2011, 05:48 PM
Alright, I'm just gonna say this so we don't get another thread shut down.

@Massacre, obviously you have had an experience with Dom that you don't feel to good about. We get it, so get over it and keep your critique to PM'ing him as everytime you mention your bad experience it explodes and shuts down a thread. Either get over it, or harp on it in private.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again

Too often the ignored feature is just ignored

I recommend it's use

MM2004
03-08-2011, 05:59 PM

I recommend it's use

Good ^^^advice^^^

Being an Administrator, I cannot use the Ignore feature.

:alone:

Mike.

PonyUP
03-08-2011, 06:01 PM
Back on topic, Dom, be sure to post pictures when the repair is complete. I'm curious what they are able to do. Best of luck

kernie
03-08-2011, 06:03 PM
Alright, I'm just gonna say this so we don't get another thread shut down.

@Massacre, obviously you have had an experience with Dom that you don't feel to good about. We get it, so get over it and keep your critique to PM'ing him as everytime you mention your bad experience it explodes and shuts down a thread. Either get over it, or harp on it in private.

I recommend it's use

I don't get it, you have no problems with some of the golden boy's comments?

Wow again.

PonyUP
03-08-2011, 06:06 PM

Wow again.

I didn't say that at all, I have disagreed with some Dom stuff, but I say my peace and let it go, I don't harp on it in multiple threads. If Dom were that frustrating to me, I would use the ignore feature.

If he frustrates you "Ignore", it's real easy to do.

And for the record, it's a dispute that has had more than its share of public arguing, it's time to go private. Just my opinion.

Kernie, if you don't like the guy, or don't want to read his stuff, again "Ignore" it's real easy

So Wow back at ya if you didn't get that in my first post

justbob
03-08-2011, 07:41 PM

Wow again.
I have problems with dom, many, ask him (in a PM like we do). Seems to me you spend alot of time on here critisizing others.:confused:

Anyways... Dominick, please do yourself a HUGE favor and clean your entire car in and out REALLY well(yes, it is bad enough that I still have visions..) Their quality of work maybe limited to how they feel you like your car. A little late now that they have seen it, just tell them you just finished moving or something and this car is normally spotless.:eek: Trust me on this, I have infact worked for a body shop and the anal/picky car owners always recieved the best work.

PonyUP
03-08-2011, 07:46 PM
I have problems with dom, many, ask him (in a PM like we do). Seems to me you spend alot of time on here critisizing others.:confused:

Anyways... Dominick, please do yourself a HUGE favor and clean your entire car in and out REALLY well(yes, it is bad enough that I still have visions..) Their quality of work maybe limited to how they feel you like your car. A little late now that they have seen it, just tell them you just finished moving or something and this car is normally spotless.:eek: Trust me on this, I have infact worked for a body shop and the anal/picky car owners always recieved the best work.

that's great advice Dom, if they know how much you love it, they will put some extra care into it

massacre
03-08-2011, 08:01 PM
OK boys and girls.

Keep this on track please?

I closed Dom's original thread as it was heading nowhere.

Let's not let it happen to this one.

;)

Mike.

^^^^

I'm going to go with what he said.

I am not responding to this stuff, I thought it was a done deal, and you guys are bringing it up again.

PLEASE STOP BRINGING IT UP.

I said I would shut up, just like you asked.

why do you keep bringing it up?

massacre
03-08-2011, 08:03 PM
^^^ and here's the kicker....

I typed

ONE
WORD.

who needs to get over what now?

Dom Who?

guspech750
03-08-2011, 08:15 PM
I hear an airplane flying over my house right now.

Bob gave some damn good advice. I never thought of that. But then again I haven't needed an Autobody shop yet. I hope your MM turns out great. You might want to see about having the whole care painted in a real MM color - DTR:) Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone
Go White Sox!!!

PonyUP
03-08-2011, 08:16 PM
Anyhoo, Dom, is it just the Fender, or was there any other structural damage?

massacre
03-08-2011, 08:20 PM
I like Fenders.

Most people like Strats, but I like the Mustangs and Teles

Mostly I like Gibsons, though.

PonyUP
03-08-2011, 08:24 PM
I like Fenders.

:lol:

I like Gibsons, have a couple. never had a strat, but always wanted one. I also have a couple of BC Rich's. If you're cruising for that hard rock sound, BC Rich get's it done

fastblackmerc
03-08-2011, 09:19 PM
. I hope your MM turns out great. You might want to see about having the whole care painted in a real MM color - DTR:) Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone
Go White Sox!!!

The only real Marauder color is
BLACK!

Motorhead350
03-08-2011, 10:04 PM

Thanks for the info. I was actually thinking about washing it as is.

See even if Bob and I disagree on a few things we still get along.

^^^^

you guys are bringing it up again.

PLEASE STOP BRINGING IT UP.

Ummmmm no bunghole, it's you. Would you like to start from page one and see who starts the fire? :flamer:

I like Fenders.

Wow ummmmm finally I agree with you on something besides the Panther platform.

Fenders are the easiest guitars in the world to play, but Gibsons sounds the best.

Mesa/Boogie amps are dumb, Marshall all the way. Boogie before Mesa/Boogie is cool though.

Can we get along now?

SC Cheesehead
03-09-2011, 05:16 AM
BLACK!

Uhhhh, I disagree... ;)

Blackened300a
03-09-2011, 06:40 AM
Uhhhh, I disagree... ;)

I see your disagree and raise you a big AGREE.

Dom's a great guy in person, just saying...

massacre
03-09-2011, 08:30 AM
Can we get along now?

Nope.
You called me a scammer, with nothing to back up your accusations.
Good luck with your bipolar disorder, ar whatever it is that is making you insane.

/ignore feature activated/

SC Cheesehead
03-09-2011, 09:27 AM
I see your disagree and raise you a big AGREE.

Raise you another DISAGREE, and call... ;)

+1 on Dom, good guy. :up:

CBT
03-09-2011, 09:34 AM
Good ^^^advice^^^

Being an Administrator, I cannot use the Ignore feature.

:alone:

Mike.

You have the ultimate ignore button, don't even play.

Papillon
03-09-2011, 09:40 AM

Raise you another

+1 on Dom, good guy. :up:

In the words of Smokey Robinson & the Miracles - "I second that emoootion". Well technically I'm third, but you get the point. TEAM DOM! ;)

Oh and I'm Team Black MM too. Sorry Rex, blue just does nothing for me :cool:

yjmud
03-09-2011, 10:10 AM
black all the way
like wesley snipes say "always bet on black"

CBT
03-09-2011, 10:11 AM
black all the way
like wesley snipes say "always bet on black"

Isn't he in jail?

Fosters
03-09-2011, 10:15 AM
BLACK!

I agree with Henry Ford on this one... You can have it any color you want as long as it's black. :D

SC Cheesehead
03-09-2011, 10:15 AM
isn't he in jail?

twss
---------------

kernie
03-09-2011, 11:04 AM
In the words of Smokey Robinson & the Miracles - "I second that emoootion". Well technically I'm third, but you get the point. TEAM DOM! ;)

Oh and I'm Team Black MM too. Sorry Rex, blue just does nothing for me :cool:

Team Dom...

You know that's kinda catchy, you could make up some tee-shirts!

Papillon
03-09-2011, 11:10 AM
Team Dom...

You know that's kinda catchy, you could make up some tee-shirts!

I'll get Paul on that ASAP! :D

massacre
03-09-2011, 11:30 AM
I'll get Paul on that ASAP! :D

^^^^^^
Make sure you get me one, so I can wipe my ass with it, and light it on fire.

Papillon
03-09-2011, 11:32 AM
^^^^^^

I guess your ignore feature isn't working too well huh? You should talk to the admins about that.

Blackened300a
03-09-2011, 11:39 AM
I will say nothing, if I can't say anything nice from now on.

^^^This^^^

massacre
03-09-2011, 11:57 AM
I guess your ignore feature isn't working too well huh? You should talk to the admins about that.

That's funny, I don't have you on ignore, so I am able to read your posts.

So that's a "no" on the T-shirt I take it?

massacre
03-09-2011, 11:58 AM
^^^This^^^

Sense of humor on vacation?
Jokes aren't allowed here?

Papillon
03-09-2011, 12:05 PM
That's funny, I don't have you on ignore, so I am able to read your posts.

So that's a "no" on the T-shirt I take it?

Whoopsie! I thought when you "ignore" someone you ignore their posts and threads entirely. :o I stand corrected Sir.

How about you I get you a t-shirt that says "I Hate Imports" and you can do whatever you want with that?? :D ;)

massacre
03-09-2011, 01:14 PM
Whoopsie! I thought when you "ignore" someone you ignore their posts and threads entirely. :o I stand corrected Sir.

How about you I get you a t-shirt that says "I Hate Imports" and you can do whatever you want with that?? :D ;)

Sounds good to me :beer:

Joe Walsh
03-09-2011, 01:20 PM
:hmmm:.....5 pages in this thread.

Just thought I'd post up before it gets 'LOCKED'.

Motorhead350
03-09-2011, 01:22 PM
massacre, you want my name going up your butt? You can just admit you love me already.

MM2004
03-09-2011, 01:28 PM
^^^^^^

Maybe you can help with my dilemma?

Close this thread or close your account?

Consider this your last warning.

Mike.

Mr. Man
03-09-2011, 01:40 PM

Mike.
DTR's are slow!
IBTL:D

kernie
03-09-2011, 01:43 PM

Mike.

Fair and balanced, fox news style.

No more crying about the mods picking on you Dom!

:shake:

MM2004
03-09-2011, 01:47 PM
DTR's are slow!

SB's are slower.

:P

Mike.

PonyUP
03-09-2011, 01:47 PM
I'll just refer to this for my color preference, from the song parodies thread:

I see a DTR and have to paint it black
Open all four doors and I want the inside black

I see the girls walk by, they thumb and hold their nose
I have to turn my head, because the DTR is Joe’s

I see a line of cars and they’re all painted Black
Silver and Blue are cool, When I bought red I was on crack

I see people turn their heads and quickly walk away
Between my car and chaps, they all know I’m gay

I look inside myself, and deep down I want black
I see my crappy red, and want to paint it black

Maybe then I’ll fade away and not have to face facts
I like my car like men, I will go black and not look back

CBT still makes fun of me, I guess because his is blue
Even Pony does some laughing, but that is nothing new

If I look hard enough into the setting sun
My car will laugh at me, because I do 15’s in my run

I see a red car and I want it painted black
Open up all four doors and get them painted black

I see the girls walk by they won’t give me a second look
I gently rub my thighs and then give myself a jerk

I want to see your windows painted black
Black as Night, black as coal

Motorhead350
03-09-2011, 01:49 PM
ahhahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

I love it!

Mr. Man
03-09-2011, 01:52 PM
SB's are slower.

:P

Mike.
Not in this life time. You better wake up before you hurt yourself:arcade: :neener:

massacre
03-09-2011, 02:02 PM
If you want to close my account, then I guess that is the choice you have to make.

sailsmen
03-09-2011, 02:11 PM
De Ja Vu. Did you have another screen name?

massacre
03-09-2011, 02:12 PM
De Ja Vu. Did you have another screen name?

Are you referring to me?

If so, nope.

massacre
03-09-2011, 02:14 PM

......PM sent.

Spectragod
03-09-2011, 02:49 PM
DTR's are slow!

I'm still willing to race you for titles....... I need another DD.:flamer:

Mr. Man
03-09-2011, 02:56 PM
I'll see if Martyo will put his car up:D

RacerX
03-09-2011, 03:01 PM
......PM sent.
C'mon Rob! Don't let it get to you. I know you're a good guy. Stuff happens and you can't let it own your head. :beer:
P.S. Don't even respond to this comment either, let it lay bro.

FF1077
03-09-2011, 03:26 PM
Dom,
I found myself in almost the exact same situation. Someone hit my car, begged me not to turn it in to the Police or my Insurance. We went to the closest body shop and they gave a $3000 estimate and the guy got all worked up. So we went to a body shop that he was “friends” with. They came up with a estimate for a little over half of the previous one. Gentleman handed the body shop owner $300 and said to do the work. Luckily the body shop said no can do until the $ was paid in full. The guy disappeared off the face of the planet. I turned it into my insurance and they covered it. They paid me back most of my deductible because they were considering it a hit and run. They then tried to sue the guy, but never found him. He has a judgment against him at this point.

The thing that saved me was that I called the accident into my insurance just as a FYI. They didn’t make me file a claim at that time. So when the guy disappeared I already had it on record that I had been hit. Oregon law requires you to report any accident that causes bodily injury or causes more than $300 worth of damage. On today’s car that can be a 5 mph collision.

You have a couple of good things going for you. You are dealing with a business. That can’t just up and disappear or change their number. If you have to take them to small claims court you can. Its in the businesses interest to pay out of pocket rather than turn it into their insurance. If they do the driver gets points and the business has a filed claim on their record. Now insurance cost more $ for them.
The body shop may be friends, but they are still a business. They aren’t going to want to put their name on the line for anyone. If the truck driver doesn’t pay I bet they will help you pursue a judgment in small claims court. No one wants to be known as the body shop that helped screw over a guy trying to cut someone a break.

I say there is nothing wrong with wanting to do someone a favor. There is also nothing wrong with doing a bit of CYA. If they won’t give you the insurance info so you are covered just in case, then they probably aren’t going to own up to the bill. Either way they are admitting fault.

Just my .02.

MM2004
03-09-2011, 03:40 PM
......PM sent.

PM replied.

Mike.

CBT
03-09-2011, 03:45 PM
^^^^^^

Wait, light the shirt on fire or light your ass on fire? Cause I'd pay to see one of those happen.

CBT
03-09-2011, 03:48 PM
DTR's are slow!

Daaaaaaaaaamn! Eric you just got served, son.

RacerX
03-09-2011, 03:48 PM
Wait, light the shirt on fire or light your ass on fire? Cause I'd pay to see one of those happen.

Either way will smell like sh#%!!! :D

Motorhead350
03-09-2011, 03:50 PM
Thanks man.

Tomorrow I an stopping by the body shop to have an written agreement written or typed. I called today and they said to stop by tomorrow after 3pm. My GF said be sure to include paint in the "contract". I said it was a given, but then it occurred to me she might be right. I don't wanna have a yellow 1/4 panel so I better mention paint in the agreement.

I will keep you guys posted.

MM03MOK
03-09-2011, 03:56 PM
Nothing is a given. You want the right "black" too....not just any black. They need to do it right, Dom. Good luck!

cougar9150
03-09-2011, 03:56 PM
Thanks man.

Tomorrow I an stopping by the body shop to have an written agreement written or typed. I called today and they said to stop by tomorrow after 3pm. My GF said be sure to include paint in the "contract". I said it was a given, but then it occurred to me she might be right. I don't wanna have a yellow 1/4 panel so I better mention paint in the agreement.

Definitely get the paint in writing just to cover yourself. Good luck Dom really hoping this works out for you.

CBT
03-09-2011, 03:59 PM
Goo idea to get it all IN WRITING. Just kindly tell them that's what you want if they don't offer it up on thier own. I'd also ask how soon they can do it, no sense dragging this out, you know? That just gives the guy more time to change his mind.

Thanks man.

Blackened300a
03-09-2011, 04:10 PM
The bad part is that you are putting brand new paint on a 9yr old car. It won't match 100% and will be noticeable in the sun. A complete repaint may be something to consider down the road if you plan on keeping the car. I noticed my front fender is a shade off since I owned mine and it drives me nuts to look at it.

Motorhead350
03-09-2011, 04:23 PM
Yes Paul I agree. I will tell these guys that I might wanna do a full paint job during the summer. I bet the quality will go up if they think they can make more money off of me if they do a good job. I will repaint the whole car, but probably not this year.

Motorhead350
03-09-2011, 04:27 PM
Some of my favorites

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xNF9uh8SA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7giOrKYIwpQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6OztcWULRI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9hSgs0ITI0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMAlUPGZWfk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Imqa5CJYnqE

Cool man, as always.

I was blasting this today as I was blashing outta my alley... literally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84yCL_KDrpY

The second to last time I was playing this in the car me and Jerry Only (of The Misfits) were singing this. I was doing the lead bassman vocals so to say... the teacher. hehe I am such a dork.

CBT
03-09-2011, 05:02 PM
Dom you ever listen to Wanda Jackson?

I like the guitar in this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76k7cL7qKuc&feature=related

Motorhead350
03-10-2011, 03:54 PM
Casey, I listen to her. I'm usually rockin' out to Mean Mean Man or Let's Have a Party. She did a song with Jack White (White Stripes) called Twistin' All Over. It sounds great!

Back to the car guys, I finally have written proof that the work will be done! :D

I went in about 45 minutes ago and asked for written proof about the billing. They gave me a write up sheet and told me to do it. So I wrote down the vin number, the car, all info. Off the top of my head I wrote.

The damage done to the 03 Mercury Marauder will be paid for in it's entirety by Economy Pallets . This includes: body, bumper, suspension and repainting.

It was signed by the owner with a charge at the bottom of $0. No Charge was also written.

I will drop it off saturday and have it back in a few weeks. Thanks for all the info guys!

DOOM
03-10-2011, 04:02 PM
no sense dragging this out, you know? That just gives the guy more time to change his mind.

Thats what she said.

CBT
03-11-2011, 05:28 AM
Casey, I listen to her. I'm usually rockin' out to Mean Mean Man or Let's Have a Party. She did a song with Jack White (White Stripes) called Twistin' All Over. It sounds great!

Back to the car guys, I finally have written proof that the work will be done! :D

I went in about 45 minutes ago and asked for written proof about the billing. They gave me a write up sheet and told me to do it. So I wrote down the vin number, the car, all info. Off the top of my head I wrote.

The damage done to the 03 Mercury Marauder will be paid for in it's entirety by Economy Pallets . This includes: body, bumper, suspension and repainting.

It was signed by the owner with a charge at the bottom of $0. No Charge was also written.

I will drop it off saturday and have it back in a few weeks. Thanks for all the info guys!

Nice! The repainting part, does that mean whole car or just the affected area?

Thats what she said.

Nice!

Motorhead350
03-11-2011, 05:27 PM
Just the part they damaged. I told the shop if I like their work I will come back in summer for a full paint job. I figured they would do a better job if it could lead to more income for the shop. I might actually do it too.

Mike
03-11-2011, 07:36 PM
uhhhh, i disagree... ;)

^^^+1 ^^^ :d