PDA

View Full Version : Driving from Chicago to L.A. again

Motorhead350
03-07-2011, 03:40 PM
Looks like I will be going out west for another Rock N' Roll Fantasy Camp. On the way down and back I would love to stop by and grab a bite with members along the way. Not looking for free food or anything, just people to say hello to on the way down to add to my enjoyment of the trip.

Looks like I will be driving down May 6th and start heading back possibly as soon as the 16th.

I know some of you are probably going to ask "Why not fly if you know this far out?" The truth is I do not know. By the time I am 100% on board it's usually less than a week out and it's cheaper to drive a 600 horsepower car with a passenger or two than, fly back and forth... especially when I have no idea when I will be heading back.

After the camp I might be around CA for a few days meeting up with the producer that likes our band. We will see how this goes.

Let me know if you wanna meet up. If you have a floor I can crash on that would be great too. Other than that I would love to meet some more of you guys.

See ya later!

Mike
03-08-2011, 05:20 AM
Looks like I will be going out west for another Rock N' Roll Fantasy Camp. On the way down and back I would love to stop by and grab a bite with members along the way. Not looking for free food or anything, just people to say hello to on the way down to add to my enjoyment of the trip.

Looks like I will be driving down May 6th and start heading back possibly as soon as the 16th.

I know some of you are probably going to ask "Why not fly if you know this far out?" The truth is I do not know. By the time I am 100% on board it's usually less than a week out and it's cheaper to drive a 600 horsepower car with a passenger or two than, fly back and forth... especially when I have no idea when I will be heading back.

After the camp I might be around CA for a few days meeting up with the producer that likes our band. We will see how this goes.

Let me know if you wanna meet up. If you have a floor I can crash on that would be great too. Other than that I would love to meet some more of you guys.

See ya later!

When ya leaving :confused: Have a good safe trip :banana:

guspech750
03-08-2011, 09:42 AM
Go get em Dom!! Good luck and have a great time!!

Sent from my iPhone
Go White Sox!!!

Paul T. Casey
03-08-2011, 10:07 AM
What's your route?

TAKEDOWN
03-08-2011, 10:16 AM
G00d luck Dom see ya when you get back and have a safe trip.

CBT
03-08-2011, 10:26 AM
Have fun and take more pics this time! :beer:

Motorhead350
03-08-2011, 12:24 PM
What's your route?

Looks like I am taking a different one this year. Last year I stayed south to avoid the snow. Being in May, I can take the faster route.

http://www.mapquest.com/#d633c79273b6463aaf10f52d

PonyUP
03-08-2011, 06:18 PM
Looks like I am taking a different one this year. Last year I stayed south to avoid the snow. Being in May, I can take the faster route.

http://www.mapquest.com/#d633c79273b6463aaf10f52d

Careful with that, I took the faster route in May when I moved from San Diego, I got snowed in in Wyoming, and it was very dicey driving. Recommend you stay south until at least June. May can be hard to predict in the Rockies

WI Fordguy
03-08-2011, 08:48 PM
I'm close to LaCrosse, but I doubt you'll need a nap after after 5 1/2 hours of driving.

Motorhead350
03-09-2011, 01:26 PM
After reading what Brad said I think I will change my route. I think I am going to take the southern route to stay clear of nasty weather. This will be in may, but you never know.

Bigdogjim
03-10-2011, 12:33 AM
You are looking at about 300. + in fuel one way!

I would look for cheap air fare or book with Greyhound.

PonyUP
03-10-2011, 07:16 AM

Splitting it with other riders will still make it cheaper than flying. Plus he'll have a car while there. LA is not like most towns where you can get by without a car. You pretty much need to drive everywhere which is why traffic is so deplorable

Motorhead350
03-11-2011, 07:04 PM

Yes, but I will have someone both ways with me. So it'll be $300 total for fuel costs. If I can get to L.A. for $150 each way that would be great, but who knows.