PDA

View Full Version : Looks like I am going to Germany

Motorhead350
03-11-2011, 06:58 PM
I was just asked like night if I would roadie/guitar tech for The Misfits in Germany. Looks like we'll have some shows with The Addicts, Alice Cooper and Iron Maiden. I might be able to get my band to come too, but looks like the tour I could land in the U.S. has been delayed again until sept.

Anything I should know before going into Germany? It's all new to me.

Blackened300a
03-11-2011, 07:04 PM
I was just asked like night if I would roadie/guitar tech for The Misfits in Germany. Looks like we'll have some shows with The Addicts, Alice Cooper and Iron Maiden. I might be able to get my band to come too, but looks like the tour I could land in the U.S. has been delayed again until sept.

Don't mention Hitler, the SS, or the Third Reich. They get a bit touchy on those topics over there.

Make sure you go!!! Do not pass up this opportunity or Ill go in your place.

Motorhead350
03-11-2011, 07:22 PM
I'm not going to pass it up. I just need to get another passport.

MM03MOK
03-11-2011, 07:29 PM
Don't delay in getting a passport, especially if your departure date is within 2 months. It could take that long, though you can pay extra for expedited service. What a great opportunity, Dom!!

F8LBITEva
03-11-2011, 07:32 PM
awesome dude! I just saw Iron Maiden back in August

Blackened300a
03-11-2011, 07:33 PM
In NYC you can get one same day, but that's only if you have a plane ticket already purchased or a emergency. Like Mary said, get on that tonight!

Motorhead350
03-11-2011, 08:01 PM
You can get one the same day here too for like $380. You can pay the normal $90 and get it in three weeks. Either way I should get another one. SOMEONE lost mine when I moved and I said not to touch my stuff!!!

scruff
03-11-2011, 10:08 PM
your so lucky dude you,ll have a blast,,learn some german bad words lol

TAKEDOWN
03-11-2011, 10:14 PM
Have a great time out there Dom, too bad you don't drink because the beer out there is hmm hmm g00d!!!!!!

seabreeze
03-11-2011, 10:57 PM
drink a few Koelsch, the local beer. They serve it in tall skinny glasses I think called steckels (sticks) or something like that, but you can drink about 12 and still walk home!

Good stuff, that is my favorite European country to visit.

Kennyrauder
03-11-2011, 11:37 PM
You will likenzee da lovely frauline for sure. you WILL drink DA BEER YA!!!

Motorhead350
03-12-2011, 01:24 AM
If there would be a time to drink it would be over there, but I cannot do it guys. Fear is the biggest reason. Plus I just found out substance abuse runs in the family. A Jack and Coke had nothing to do with soda back in the 70s, but having fast cars always ran in the family. I still don't know how some of us are still alive. Plus I have an addictive personality, so when I like something I really like it and never let it go. Like the Marauder or my records. I'm ALWAYS listening to music and never ever would want another car as a daily driver.

I have a feeling it would change my life and not for the better. I'm already a big enough idiot, I don't need to be a drunken one.

We'll see how Germany goes. I need to find out that passport info asap!

fastblackmerc
03-12-2011, 06:14 AM
http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html

SC Cheesehead
03-12-2011, 08:25 AM

Several key phrases to memorize, Dom:

"Der unrecht tut, ist für mich, zu machen, Offizier? Ich bin nicht von um hier."

"Fräulein, mein Dackel sind verloren, helfen bitte mir, es zu finden. Ich denke, dass es in jene Unterkunft estabishment dort über gegangen ist."

"Ich habe viel Sauerkraut gegessen. Wo ist das Badezimmer, bitte?"

Will get you through 90% of anything you run into over there... ;)

Black Dynamite
03-12-2011, 08:28 AM
Good luck Dom and have fun! Germany can be a pretty fun place.

Maiden rules! \m/

rayjay
03-12-2011, 10:11 AM
Have a good time and stay out of jail. The German Police don't fool around...

TAKEDOWN
03-12-2011, 08:19 PM
^^^ I must agree the Polizei don't mess around! ^^^

Motorhead350
03-12-2011, 10:57 PM
I won't be driving! haha

Vortex
03-13-2011, 08:57 AM
Have a glass of "Apfelwine" for me when you are in Frankfurt. Its a type of hard apple cider that is real good (and unavailable here).

Motorhead350
03-13-2011, 10:13 AM
Sounds like it has alcohol in it if it's hard. hahaha hard. I can't touch the stuff man. Maybe there is good German food over there?

SC Cheesehead
03-13-2011, 02:55 PM
Sounds like it has alcohol in it if it's hard. hahaha hard. I can't touch the stuff man. Maybe there is good German food over there?

Dom, there's no such thing as BAD German food, but I digress...:D

Schnitzel, wurst, spaetzel, rotkohl, rouladen, mmmmmm. :drool:

Vortex
03-13-2011, 08:19 PM
German chow is real man-food. You can drive from one end of Germany to the other and never see a salad. Lots of meat, potatoes, bread, more meat, pastry, beer, cider, cooked cabbage (red and green) and more meat.

rayjay
03-14-2011, 08:32 AM
German chow is real man-food. You can drive from one end of Germany to the other and never see a salad. Lots of meat, potatoes, bread, more meat, pastry, beer, cider, cooked cabbage (red and green) and more meat.

Stop it! you are making me miss my deceased relatives that cooked all that great stuff. :(

CBT
03-14-2011, 08:37 AM
You're going to Germany? What did Germany do to us lately that we are going to subject them to you, lol. I'd go in a heartbeat, i'm jealous.

rayjay
03-14-2011, 08:48 AM
We had our chance when my sister inlaw worked there for three years. I can only take her in small doses though.

Haggis
03-14-2011, 08:53 AM
Several key phrases to memorize, Dom:

"Der unrecht tut, ist für mich, zu machen, Offizier? Ich bin nicht von um hier."

"Fräulein, mein Dackel sind verloren, helfen bitte mir, es zu finden. Ich denke, dass es in jene Unterkunft estabishment dort über gegangen ist."

"Ich habe viel Sauerkraut gegessen. Wo ist das Badezimmer, bitte?"

Will get you through 90% of anything you run into over there... ;)

Also:

Ich möchte esse dine musse.

Dich schlucken?

CBT
03-14-2011, 08:55 AM
Also:

Ich möchte essen dine musse.

Dich schlucken?

I must eat your moose.

Chicken dance?

How close was I.

Haggis
03-14-2011, 09:10 AM
I must eat your moose.

Chicken dance?

How close was I.

Right on!!! ;)

PonyUP
03-14-2011, 10:39 AM
And we finally get to export some revenge on Germany for both World Wars, your punishment....DOM!

Just kidding man, have a blast

SC Cheesehead
03-14-2011, 10:47 AM
Also:

Ich möchte esse dine musse.

Dich schlucken?

Werden wir ein Spiel von versteckt die Salami spielen, Fraulein?

In vor dem Schloss.

Motorhead350
03-14-2011, 06:47 PM
I just made the call and said I was good to go. They told me that I would need to come out a few days early to get used to the job, how to handle everything. I said sounds good. I am seeing if my drummer wants to go for drums. I knew this year as going to be awesome!

Two jobs right now, Cobra shortblock soon to be installed, trip to Germany, another Rock Camp, possibly a Vegas trip for a secret Rock Camp, a producer is working on my bands stuff, studio musician in Chicago.... yup life is kinda good for the first time in a while.

CBT
03-15-2011, 04:34 AM
I just made the call and said I was good to go. They told me that I would need to come out a few days early to get used to the job, how to handle everything. I said sounds good. I am seeing if my drummer wants to go for drums. I knew this year as going to be awesome!

Two jobs right now, Cobra shortblock soon to be installed, trip to Germany, another Rock Camp, possibly a Vegas trip for a secret Rock Camp, a producer is working on my bands stuff, studio musician in Chicago.... yup life is kinda good for the first time in a while.

Fantastic stuff, man. :beer: