PDA

View Full Version : Japan earthquake / tsunami...

TooManyFords
03-13-2011, 02:36 PM
http://i.imgur.com/IsRiO.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/jt6Cz.jpg

What. Too soon?

Blk Mamba
03-13-2011, 02:39 PM
Not too soon for me, a guy at work asked yesterday if anyone had seen Godzilla yet, and here we have proof.

Motorhead350
03-13-2011, 02:57 PM
wow.................

johnnyrauder
03-13-2011, 03:05 PM
that's just wrong.. but cool

Hooptie
03-13-2011, 03:06 PM
Where's Mothra?

Joe Walsh
03-13-2011, 03:37 PM
Anyone for some Blue Oyster Cult!

QOiSU36_WTU

k6rDWqjnW7w

JamesHecker
03-13-2011, 03:40 PM
http://i.imgur.com/IsRiO.jpg

What. Too soon?

Yes...too damn soon!

guspech750
03-13-2011, 03:41 PM
Hahahahahahaha. Not to soon. I'm just wondering when our government will be giving them a lot of our money as if we don't buy enough crap made in Japan.

CRUZTAKER
03-13-2011, 04:11 PM
I was patiently waiting....

Blk Mamba
03-13-2011, 04:49 PM
Just wait till the refuge's start arriving, and our government supports them, till they get on their feet.

F8LBITEva
03-13-2011, 05:20 PM
could this be the beginning of the end? 2012?

FastMerc
03-13-2011, 05:25 PM
So funny considering Godzilla vs Mothra battle for earth was on tv today :o

FordNut
03-13-2011, 06:42 PM
Really a terrible disaster. I was in Sendai City several times in the mid '80s.

This will impact the global economy in a big way.

Hopefully they get the reactors under control, or it could derail the nuclear power industry for another 20-30 years. I worked in the nuclear power industry back when the TMI accident happened, had to change careers because of that accident. Now I'm back in the nuclear power industry and here we go again.

rayjay
03-13-2011, 06:54 PM

Hopefully they get the reactors under control, or it could derail the nuclear power industry for another 20-30 years. I worked in the nuclear power industry back when the TMI accident happened, had to change careers because of that accident. Now I'm back in the nuclear power industry and here we go again.

You are correct. Sounds like it was older reactors that are failing. I'm kind of surprised actually with as meticulous as the Japanese are about things. WW2 is long over, but my Dad hated them until day he died. Still, no one deserves this. Well, may be Iran, Afganistan, all the stans for that matter...

sailsmen
03-13-2011, 07:42 PM
It is terrible what happened and in many ways I know what they are going through. Having said that the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the Nuc problems was Rodan and Godzilla.

As a knee high that is what we watched every Sunday morning before the parents got up.

Vortex
03-13-2011, 08:16 PM
Here, Ill fix it: with probably 10,000+ people dead yeah, in my opinion this (your post) ain't funny.

Merc-O-matic
03-13-2011, 08:48 PM
I wouldnt have appreciated jokes from Japan (or anywhere) after 9/11 and with probably 10,000 people dead yeah, in my opinion this ain't funny.

"this ain't funny"......how about 12/7/41 wasn't funny either....2500 dead!
How much money and aid did Nippon send to help after the disaster?

Motorhead350
03-13-2011, 09:33 PM
could this be the beginning of the end? 2012?

Nope. Wouldn't believe it for a second.

That's completely off topic. Destruction from Nature compared to destruction by man. :stupid:

gdsqdcr
03-13-2011, 10:07 PM
Wow! Dom, I with you on this one.

As for OP, I don't find it funny either. Maybe cause I got I family over there. Maybe caused I have been put on notice by FEMA to get ready and go and if I go, it will not be for rescue -- it will be body recovery.

Give me a few months, I will find it funny just as I do about the strong swimmers coming out of New Orleans.

knine
03-14-2011, 06:15 AM
Yes (too soon)...................and you're going to hell.

RR|Suki
03-14-2011, 06:27 AM

seriously? military action 70 years ago is related to this? wow. The 2 nukes killing masses of civilians weren't enough to cover that one for you? Just amazing.

CBT
03-14-2011, 07:20 AM
seriously? military action 70 years ago is related to this? wow. The 2 nukes killing masses of civilians weren't enough to cover that one for you? Just amazing.

I don't think they were nukes, nukes use Hydrogen. I could be wrong, tho.

Fosters
03-14-2011, 07:24 AM
Hahahahahahaha. Not to soon. I'm just wondering when our government will be giving them a lot of our money as if we don't buy enough crap made in Japan.

I agree, not too soon at all. I think this was God's response to all of the priuses, yarises, echos, fits, cubes, ridgelines and other abortions they put on our streets.

I'm fairly certain they will recover rapidly out of this, and knowing the japanese mentality, they will rebuild skyscrapers in place of every small house that was taken down...

Oh, and because no one said it yet, this is all George Bush's fault.

Our payback doesn't change their actions. If we wiped the middle east clean off the face of the earth, I still wouldn't feel "even" for 9/11. I imagine the people who lost loved ones in 1941 and after, don't quite feel "even" after lil boy and fat man.

RR|Suki
03-14-2011, 07:37 AM
so the deaths of thousands who have nothing to do with an event near a century ago makes you feel good, glad that's clear.

Fosters
03-14-2011, 07:42 AM
No, it doesn't, it just doesn't make me feel bad for them.

Don't for one minute think they ever forgave us for the nukes either.

rayjay
03-14-2011, 08:13 AM
gdsqdcr, good luck if you get deployed and God speed on a safe return home.

Jolly Roger
03-14-2011, 09:40 AM
[QUOTE=TooManyFords;1021348]http://i.imgur.com/IsRiO.jpg

Questionable taste.:o:(

guspech750
03-14-2011, 09:44 AM
I surely don't remember any country sending over troops, war ships, money and time wasting informercials Saying hey France, or Egypt donate to the stupid city under sea level on the coastline fund when that cesse pool that's called New Orleans flooded or any other disaster that happens in America.

I just don't want to see more of our money wasted. Especially for one of the top 3 or 4 richest economys.

It really sucks that what has happened in Japan. But they have more than enough money to fix their own problems.

Bigdogjim
03-14-2011, 10:00 AM
I just don't want to see more of our money wasted. Especially for one of the top 3 or 4 richest economys.

It really sucks that what has happened in Japan. But they have more than enough money to fix their own problems.

It will take more then "just money" to fix what nature destroyed.

Right now people need food, water, and basic medical help.

It's the right thing to do!

Fosters
03-14-2011, 10:08 AM

They're in worse shape than us... debt is at 196% of GDP :eek:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states_by_pu blic_debt

Dragcity
03-14-2011, 11:15 AM
I could not IMAGINE being in that situation with my family. Me, no worries, my family is a different story. How sad, not being able to find your kids, or parents. Then, if you find them, how can you feed them or keep them warm? So many people, so few resources.

I think they should get everyone the hell out of that area and move them far inland. Get some organization and sanitation. That whole area needs to be cleared out ASAP.

Godzilla was fine. I think we all know the severity of the situation out there. It seems the folks there are being civil, not effing over the other guy to get ahead right now. I hope that is the fact and stays that way.

Sad to see such devastation, but it happens every now and again, all over the world. Maybe after they get Japan cleaned up, everyone can come over and fix New Orleans....

Joe Walsh
03-14-2011, 12:15 PM

Hopefully they get the reactors under control, or it could derail the nuclear power industry for another 20-30 years.
I worked in the nuclear power industry back when the TMI accident happened, had to change careers because of that accident.
Now I'm back in the nuclear power industry and here we go again.

This is exactly what I was discussing with Marianne this weekend.
Just as 'Nuclear Power' was clearing it's name and being considered for more power plant designs....this disaster hits Japan and messes up several reactors!

I'm afraid that this is going to ruin the Nuclear Power industry in the USA.

Kodimar
03-14-2011, 01:22 PM
I'm not the hugest fan of what the Japanese did during World War 2, but most of the people involved are dead. We're allies now human and suffering is never good.

Not directly involved but here are the pics I took in Indonesia in early '05 right after that tsunami. http://www.kodimar.com/indo1.html

rayjay
03-14-2011, 01:24 PM
Just as 'Nuclear Power' was clearing it's name and being considered for more power plant designs....this disaster hits Japan and messes up several reactors!

You are correct, if one of those reactors melts down, nuclear power is probably finished. Unfortunately it sounds like one of them is headed that way.

TooManyFords
03-14-2011, 01:28 PM
You guys are taking all the fun out of the Godzilla pictures...

ROR!

Fosters
03-14-2011, 01:47 PM

older pic, but I do fully expect the anti nuclear rhetoric to ramp up...

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2122/158/26/648824825/n648824825_1116506_4206.jpg

yjmud
03-14-2011, 02:35 PM
I think amc or pbs or something like that should have a 24 hours of godzilla movies for japan

FordNut
03-14-2011, 03:00 PM
I don't think they were nukes, nukes use Hydrogen. I could be wrong, tho.

One was uranium, the other was plutonium.

Blk Mamba
03-14-2011, 03:29 PM
All nukes, are nukes, it's the act of the explosion, not the compound used to create the explosion

de minimus
03-14-2011, 03:55 PM
I surely don't remember any country sending over troops, war ships, money and time wasting informercials Saying hey France, or Egypt donate to the stupid city under sea level on the coastline fund when that cesse pool that's called New Orleans flooded or any other disaster that happens in America.

You don't have a very good memory then. I seem to recall lots of international aid being offered and accepted and I donated $ to Katrina relief myself. I also recall two Canadian navy patrol frigates sailing to New Orleans with relief supplies and search and rescue personel.
This thread is in incredibly bad taste.

Motorhead350
03-14-2011, 04:41 PM
This was a natural disaster idiots! Stop bringing up politics and war!

yjmud
03-14-2011, 04:56 PM
+1
I have made the godzilla joke myself but IT IS GOD DAMN JOKE
I DO NOT WANT PEOPLE HURT AS MUCH AS ANYONE ELSE

Haggis
03-15-2011, 05:44 AM
+1
I have made the godzilla joke myself but IT IS GOD DAMN JOKE
I DO NOT WANT PEOPLE HURT AS MUCH AS ANYONE ELSE

Oh no, they say he's got to go...go go Godzilla!!!

CBT
03-15-2011, 05:49 AM
Oh no, they say he's got to go...go go Godzilla!!!
For years I wondered what a character from McDonalds had to do with Godzilla every time I heard the line "..with the purple assed Grimace and a terrible sound..."

Haggis
03-15-2011, 05:52 AM
For years I wondered what a character from McDonalds had to do with Godzilla every time I heard the line "..with the purple assed Grimace and a terrible sound..."

And did you ever find out the answer?

CBT
03-15-2011, 05:54 AM
And did you ever find out the answer?
Yeah, them sumbitches was in cahoots, tearing up Tokyo like two sailors on shore leave.

MERCMAN
03-15-2011, 06:40 AM
We need to step away for a bit and reflect on this terrible disaster. There are ongoing problems that may affect the Japanese PEOPLE for a long time. Sometimes humor helps us through difficult times, but this is not one of them. Did anyone find the tragedy in our own country (911) funny? Lets be a little more considerate of our fellow humans across the ocean and do what we can for them. Pray , send money whatever,,,