PDA

View Full Version : Japan disaster, part deux...

TooManyFords
03-14-2011, 04:18 PM
No, it is not a laughing matter. Just look what the people are doing over there right now...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ApRQYsmlRtA/SwYFmrC1KAI/AAAAAAAABME/0w5WqL-crHE/s1600/New%2520Orleans%2520Looting.jp g

Whoops, got that mixed up with a different disaster.

Here's the right pic:

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Slideshows/_production/ss-Japan-Quake-tabbed/Day3_ss-110312-japanquake/ss-110313-japanquake-06.photoblog900.jpg

LANDY
03-14-2011, 04:21 PM
What are they doing? Snake exercises!

CBT
03-14-2011, 04:55 PM
No, it is not a laughing matter. Just look what the people are doing over there right now...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ApRQYsmlRtA/SwYFmrC1KAI/AAAAAAAABME/0w5WqL-crHE/s1600/New%2520Orleans%2520Looting.jp g

Who steals shoes when water is up to your knees?

SpartaPerformance
03-14-2011, 05:06 PM
Who steals shoes when water is up to your knees?

Hatian's! Can't you see the pic? :P

rayjay
03-14-2011, 05:26 PM
The patience of the Japanese people during such a huge disaster is mind blowing compared to what would be going on in any part of this country under the same conditions. I would say sparing the rod and spoiling the child is not practiced there...

05crownsport
03-14-2011, 05:34 PM
The patience of the Japanese people during such a huge disaster is mind blowing compared to what would be going on in any part of this country under the same conditions. I would say sparing the rod and spoiling the child is not practiced there...

+1. Their discipline and grace is something we can all learn from.

Bigdogjim
03-14-2011, 06:49 PM
It will take Japan a while but, they know how to move forward!

knine
03-14-2011, 07:18 PM
Now you're definitly going to Hell.

Shaijack
03-14-2011, 07:23 PM
Not all people were stealing shoes and NFL Gear, have to support the SAINTS. Some of us were protecting our property and neighbors property. They should have shot them on the spot. Food, take all you want. I for one feel for those people. At lease I had part of a home to go home to. The gun safe was OK. They have nothing.

tbone
03-14-2011, 07:42 PM
Bush's fault.......

sailsmen
03-14-2011, 08:03 PM
In a City of ~450,000 you had ~25,000 that stayed in a public shelter, the Dome or Convention Center. You had about 1,500 criminals. Several Police told me they were ordered by the Mayor to not aresst looters and the Police Chief declared the City lost abandoning the Super Dome leaving it to a handfull of National Guardsmen. The Mayor hid in a hotel room.

The lesson to learn is a handfull of criminals can terrorize and brutalize a large unarmed population.

What the press did not tell you was the thousands of ordinary people that went to extradonary lengths to help each other including in many cases risking their lives to help a stranger. I witnessed and participated in them.

GAMike
03-14-2011, 09:14 PM
Ray Nagin was never in danger of being compared with Rudy Gulianni thats for sure.

I find it amazing that of all the stories we see on TV & internet, how few are about aid being "requested" by Japan.

I think part of it is that they feel it their responsibility to handle. 2nd, they don't want outsiders seeing them at their weakest, then making all kinds of political hay out of the "favors" and "support" down the road that might be offered today.

Lastly, i'm guessing here but they don't want the rest of the world telling them what to do about their Nuke situation. What country would welcome that scrutiny. Right or wrong, I can understand this to some degree.

For sure as Sailsmen has illustrated, our country and our citizens can learn alot from others around the world vs. looking to idiots like Ray Nagen who has only one move in his repetior....... Stand with your hands out and blame the Federal Govt. for the things your administration should have had a plan for....

tbone
03-14-2011, 09:26 PM
Self reliance / not expecting the government to take care of you is in full evidence in Japan. This is a lesson a lot of people in this country can learn greatly from......

LIGHTNIN1
03-14-2011, 10:25 PM
Japan will get that mess cleaned up and all power back on before we can get one oil well in the Gulf back online.

Fosters
03-14-2011, 10:32 PM
Japan will get that mess cleaned up and all power back on before we can get one oil well in the Gulf back online.

Sadly, you're right. With this administration, it'll be 2013 or 2017 before that thing is opened back up... Right now they have the perfect reason to not allow any new nuclear plants. The gulf oil spill gives them the reason to fight any new drilling. And Obama already promised to bankrupt the coal industry... I guess we'll only have electricity when it's windy or sunny from now on...

LIGHTNIN1
03-14-2011, 10:42 PM
Obama hates gasoline and oil. Will he be willing to give up Air Force One and his helicopters? He should show by example.

Fosters
03-14-2011, 10:49 PM
Should watch Animal Farm... some are just more equal than others ;)

jabird56
03-15-2011, 02:27 AM
A cousin of mine is in the Air Force over in Yokota Japan, and is a communications type....installs antennas, comm gear, things like that.

He has been busy beefing up the comms capacity at the base, as it has been designated as the hub for all inbound US aid.

In addition, they're staging themselves as "second string" allowing the Japan Defense Force to handle "recovery" efforts until they collapse from exhaustion and/or emotions. Then the US military will quietly come in and take over for them, out of respect.

Interesting before/after shots at this site:
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2011/03/13/world/asia/satellite-photos-japan-before-and-after-tsunami.html

TooManyFords
03-15-2011, 04:56 AM
now you're definitly going to hell.

lol!

knine
03-15-2011, 04:58 AM
http://rlv.zcache.com/to_hell_in_a_handbasket_mousep ad-p144376458873523008trak_400.jp g