PDA

View Full Version : Official tell the Mods thread

Motorhead350
03-15-2011, 04:13 PM
Hi. I disapprove of your behavior.

FordNut
03-15-2011, 04:19 PM
Mods,

Y'all do a great job. I don't have the patience to deal with the nonsense that goes on here and would have just shut down the forum a long time ago. Thanks, and keep up the good work.

jstevens
03-15-2011, 04:22 PM
I like the Mods, just wish it was an even playing field.

ntd
03-15-2011, 04:25 PM
Seeing all the crap that goes on you couldn't pay me to be a mod. While I don't agree with all decisions I think the mods do a very good job. By the way who are all the mods?

CBT
03-15-2011, 04:26 PM

Is it safe to say you are officially back yet?

fastblackmerc
03-15-2011, 04:28 PM
You agreed to the rules when you signed up.... you did read them, correct?

If you don't like the way the board is run....

Don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out.

You can always start your own board.

MMBLUE
03-15-2011, 04:28 PM
Shhhhh! Don't let the Mods know what your doing. I like Mods:banana2:

MM2004
03-15-2011, 04:32 PM

And I disapprove of yours.

I don't start threads about it.

Mike.

MERCMAN
03-15-2011, 04:37 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ +1

guspech750
03-15-2011, 04:41 PM
Thanks to all who keeps the lights here. Fair or not. It's your world here and we all are just visiting. I just now noticed I have to renew my membership/flags. Silly me.

Sent from my iPhone
Go White Sox!!!

Motorhead350
03-15-2011, 04:42 PM
And I disapprove of yours.

I don't start threads about it.

Mike.

You missed the point silly!

It's a tell the mods thread, not bash the mod thread.

BTW, why would anyone be fond of rules? :confused:

I actually wanted to see how everyone feels, I felt as though this is the only way. Seems like opinions differ based upon a generation gap. We will see. Or maybe I'm just nuts.

MERCMAN
03-15-2011, 04:44 PM
without rules, we revert back to the"dark side" A point of reference for the old timers here

Motorhead350
03-15-2011, 04:45 PM
without rules, we revert back to the"dark side" A point of reference for the old timers here

So I won't see you on The Dark Side Of The Moon?

J-MAN
03-15-2011, 04:45 PM
Thanks for the site Mods!

Scatterbrain350 go back in hiding.

Motorhead350
03-15-2011, 04:47 PM
Thanks for the site Mods!

Scatterbrain350 go back in hiding.

My 2 dollars says you are not of my generation.

Hooptie
03-15-2011, 04:47 PM
Hmmmmm I remember that.... no holds bar.... gotta wonder if web archive has that "saved"

MM2004
03-15-2011, 04:48 PM
You missed the point silly!

It's a tell the mods thread, not bash the mod thread.

BTW, why would anyone be fond of rules? :confused:

Yeah?

You disapprove, take a short leave of absence, return because you needed assistance with your MM and admit, once your problems are resolved, you are leaving the site.

Took balls to say that, but you were honest. I guess?

Then we fast-forward to this thread I am replying in.

Approve or disapprove to our actions.

We try our best to keep this site civil.

You are curently not helping.

Rules are a part of life.

Silly.

Mike.

J-MAN
03-15-2011, 04:54 PM
My 2 dollars says you are not of my generation.

I can't speak for your mental state, however you may be of a lower species.

Motorhead350
03-15-2011, 05:00 PM
I can't speak for your mental state, however you may be of a lower species.

Of course! You think I'm normal?

For whatever reason this came to my mind....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVtD4qMy5Hc

Well we don't need no one to tell us what to do
Oh yes we're on our own and there's nothing you can do
So we don't need no one like you
To tell us what to do

We don't refer to the past when showing what we've done
The generation gap means the war is never won
The past is in your head
The future's in our hands

Cos I'm a brat
And I know everything
And I talk back
Cos I'm not listening
To anything you say

And if you count to three (one two three)
You'll see there's no emergency
You'll see I'm not the enemy
Just a prisoner of society

To tell us what to do

Cos I'm a brat
And I know everything
And I talk back
Cos I'm not listening
To anything you say

And if you count to three (one two three)

To tell us what to do

We don't refer to the past when showing what we've done
The generation gap means the war is never won
The past is in your head
The future's in our hands

Cos I'm a brat
And I know everything
And I talk back
Cos I'm not listening
To anything you say

And if you count to three
society society society society society society society

Motorhead350
03-15-2011, 05:05 PM
Yeah?

You disapprove, take a short leave of absence, return because you needed assistance with your MM and admit, once your problems are resolved, you are leaving the site.

Took balls to say that, but you were honest. I guess?

Then we fast-forward to this thread I am replying in.

Approve or disapprove to our actions.

We try our best to keep this site civil.

You are curently not helping.

Rules are a part of life.

Silly.

Mike.

Well Mike, you and others are still great people in my book, but not every decision made I believe is best.

As far as me, yes I wanted to find out some info and go, but coming back put me back in touch with cool people. So if I have a problem with six out of one hundred active people, I should just ignore the six... or talk back, even with my poor spLing. I get a lot out of the place, so it's hard to leave even when I want to. I guess this is what it's like to quit cigarettes.

BTW I have no problem with generation differences, I just noticed similar decisions by similar generations. That's all.

MM2004
03-15-2011, 05:13 PM
Well Mike, you and others are still great people in my book, but not every decision made I believe is best.

As far as me, yes I wanted to find out some info and go, but coming back put me back in touch with cool people. So if I have a problem with six out of one hundred active people, I should just ignore the six... or talk back, even with my poor spLing. I get a lot out of the place, so it's hard to leave even when I want to. I guess this is what it's like to quit cigarettes.

Dom,

You're a cool guy.

But at times, you can be a pain in the a$$.

I agree, having a problem with a small percentage of people, you should ignore them.

You are old enough to know that not all people will get along with one another. Nor can you make everyone happy all the time.

Talking back will not guarantee a thing. And that small percentage of people you have a problem with will more than likely grow in numbers over time.

Silence, in a lot of cases, is the best policy.

You should have practiced that before clicking "Start a new thread".

IMHO

Mike.

CBT
03-15-2011, 05:18 PM

IMHO

Mike.

Silence is golden. Get rich. Muhahahahaaaaaa....
Seriously, all of you. :P

MMBLUE
03-15-2011, 05:22 PM
I just like to keep it real. Everyone is too darn serious. Generation gap is blantantly obvious. Maybe a " Banned and Outlaw Only" Thread. For mature audiences only (with a disclaimer). Who knows.

Motorhead350
03-15-2011, 05:26 PM
Dom,

You're a cool guy.

But at times, you can be a pain in the a$$.

I agree, having a problem with a small percentage of people, you should ignore them.

You are old enough to know that not all people will get along with one another. Nor can you make everyone happy all the time.

Talking back will not guarantee a thing. And that small percentage of people you have a problem with will more than likely grow in numbers over time.

IMHO

Mike.

At times??? hahahaha

Well you see if I have a problem I talk about it. That seems to be the best way to resolve anything is actually talking about it. Rather than do nothing and just be mad all the time.

The number of people that have a problem with me rises every year, but the thing is the number of people I dislike grows as well. I just don't waste my time with having them in my life, nothing at you or anyone here... mostly.

I will not be silenced! I will rant when I have a problem.

Cheers to letting out your emotions instead of keeping them in and having high blood pressure! :beer: Goose Island Root Beer for me!

PonyUP
03-15-2011, 05:52 PM
Does anyone have an egg timer? I want to time how long it takes this thread to get locked.

Look, you will enver agree with every decision that everyone makes. But keep in mind Dom, when dealing with the internet, people get a bravado and a toughness they don't have in person, which can cause things to go sideways very quickly.

When standing over an open fire, do you pooor gasoline on it?

Sometimes Dom, you post threads just to instigate, knowing damn well it's going to go sideways.

The Mod's are trying to keep a civil arena for us to play, without rules civility will fade very fast and many of the friendships we have will get destroyed by being keyboard Rocky's.

Personally, I've seen so many people with posts in thousands that it makes me think we have a pretty good cyber neighborhood, sit back and enjoy. I'm willing to bet, if we can prove to the mods that we can be civil, more things will be allowed. I've seen some losening of the language rules, which I like.

:beer:

Lignum
03-15-2011, 06:21 PM
Seriously, my farts actually smell nice to me sometimes.

SC Cheesehead
03-15-2011, 06:35 PM

So I won't see you on The Dark Side Of The Moon?

Mods, you already know how I feel about youse guys... :2thumbs:

Dom, you DON'T want "no rules" here, trust me, it ain't pretty. :shake:

LANDY
03-15-2011, 06:43 PM
there is alot of drama here and alot of people type things that wouldnt say to one another in person.
thanks Moderators for being patient, i would have shot my computer already

CWright
03-15-2011, 06:55 PM
there is alot of drama here and alot of people type things that wouldnt say to one another.
thanks Moderators for being patient, i would have shot my computer already

You hit the nail on the head! I believe the mods do a good job. I really enjoy this website!

LANDY
03-15-2011, 07:02 PM
BTW Dom, it has nothing to do with GENERATIONS.

Motorhead350
03-15-2011, 07:03 PM
Dom, you DON'T want "no rules" here, trust me, it ain't pretty. :shake:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwuiHI0-z3c

:sing:

sailsmen
03-15-2011, 07:21 PM

I disapprove of your behavior. Start your own CLUB.

Shaijack
03-15-2011, 07:30 PM
I find all this very entertaining. I read every thread instead of watching TV. I can't wait to meet all of you one day to put faces with your writings.

guspech750
03-15-2011, 07:40 PM
Hi everybody. I'm 6'2". Brown hair. Brown eyes. Good physical build. I like quiet evenings alone with CBT and Haggis watching BJ & The Bear. Lonely walks on the beach in hopes of getting jumped and having my face kicked in. I love smelling my fingers when they break through the TP. I love the shows Queer as Folk and Queer Eye for the Striaght Guy. Oh who am I kidding. I like queer. Opps. I thought this was the WM in search of multiple profesional WM. :) Carry on.

Sent from my iPhone
Go White Sox!!!

rayjay
03-15-2011, 08:15 PM
Oh no not again, Dom, Dom, Dominick come one man. I thought you were going to Germany and staying out of trouble...

Motorhead350
03-15-2011, 08:53 PM
I disapprove of your behavior. Start your own CLUB.

I have. It's called Straight Edge.

Oh no not again, Dom, Dom, Dominick come one man. I thought you were going to Germany and staying out of trouble...

I'm still doing all of that. I'm not really one to get into trouble, I just like to drive fast. You can run my record, I'm actually a good boy. :D

MrBluGruv
03-15-2011, 09:24 PM
You know, I've seen a lot of web boards that are run and populated by the "younger generation" man, they are TERRIBLE. That's one of the huge reasons I'm still here despite my ultimate transgression (trading for the Camaro. :P ). Not only are the people here not entirely full of ****, but they are also pretty swell people 99% of the time. If you want an example of that kind of nonsense, go check out the cheap tuner car forums, one that I belonged to before I got the MM was galantforums, which I don't even think exists any more.

I don't know what it is about this week, but everyone seems in a spiteful and sour mood over things, between the Zack thread, the ugliness in the teachers union thread, and now this, geeez.

I think I'll have to tip my hat in corner of the mods on this one. I believe ther manage the site very well, and I don't buy into the unfair arguments. Unless someone will point out evidence to the contrary to me, I was under the impression that there was never a situation where an involuntary vacation or perma-ban was enacted when a member was amiable or at least genuinely willing to correct whatever problem arose, even if it was kinda a big deal. Every ban I've seen on here has been following uncalled-for (sometimes REALLY uncalled-for) behavior, and how is that unfair?

There's rights, and then there is taste, and not only is it not necessarily your right to post whatever you want (beside the fact that it IS entirely their right to remove whatever you say), it really isn't in very good taste to come into a community, expect them to follow your mentality about things, then publicly gripe about things when they don't.

DOOM
03-15-2011, 09:27 PM
Built cobra 04 block
Megs 4 inch deleted tips
Willwood brakes
KOOKS headers
Built rear (cobra diff & 31splines)
Trilogy super charger (ported by posi performance)
Interior led door kit
Metco control arms
Addco front & rear sway bars
Python alarm and auto start
10% window tint
Srp racing door sills & pedals
Pioneer Z-2 navigation with rear view camera, DVD player, Bluetooth, 60 gig hard drive and voice command.
Aero turbines (enough noise to wake the dead) :D

And enough "BLING" that can be seen from space with the naked eye! :coolman:

Motorhead350
03-15-2011, 09:46 PM
Well the results are in.

I'm still standing by myself saying I completely disagree on Zacks banning and still am mad about my most recent banning... the rest were called for.

As well as...... nevermind not worth it. I'm alone on these things.

I never wanted to stir the pot, but wanted to see what was in it.

Mr. Man
03-15-2011, 10:07 PM
Built cobra 04 block
Megs 4 inch deleted tips
Willwood brakes
KOOKS headers
Built rear (cobra diff & 31splines)
Trilogy super charger (ported by posi performance)
Interior led door kit
Metco control arms
Addco front & rear sway bars
Python alarm and auto start
10% window tint
Srp racing door sills & pedals
Pioneer Z-2 navigation with rear view camera, DVD player, Bluetooth, 60 gig hard drive and voice command.
Aero turbines (enough noise to wake the dead) :D

And enough "BLING" that can be seen from space with the naked eye! :coolman:
I didn't know about this. Is it a new mod. I want to see it (TWSS):D:)

a_d_a_m
03-15-2011, 11:16 PM
I have. It's called Straight Edge. You didn't start that club...

99SVT
03-15-2011, 11:43 PM
Dom, try getting a login at http://www.corner-carvers.com/ make a new thread and not get banned immediately. If you think the rules are strict here, you don't know the half of it.

MOTOWN
03-16-2011, 12:45 AM
what a total waste of a thread/space:toss::toss::toss:

Ms. Denmark
03-16-2011, 02:30 AM
what a total waste of a thread/space:toss::toss::toss:The mods have the patience of a saint, when "mere mortal" might be more appreciated....

jstevens
03-16-2011, 03:24 AM
I can't believe how long some of these threads go. Great reading.

MM2004
03-16-2011, 03:31 AM
Thanks to everyone for their compliments.

:) ;)

Mike.