PDA

View Full Version : Check out my clunker!

Jesse
03-17-2011, 04:34 PM
I got me a rusty 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale! I lobe this car! It handles horribly but man is the ride ever nice. The frame and stuff is still in great shape but the body got attacked by rust when it sat around for a couple years. I love cruising on a nice sunny evening. It has a 307 with a 4 barrel. It has dual exhaust with Flowmaster 40 series I think. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v680/thunderbirdlver/Picture327.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v680/thunderbirdlver/Picture328.jpg
Here I go cruising by!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v680/thunderbirdlver/th_IMG_1767.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v680/thunderbirdlver/?action=view&current=IMG_1767.mp4)

a_d_a_m
03-17-2011, 04:40 PM
Nice! My grandpa had a 1982 Delta 88 Royale Brougham 2D back in the late 80s. He was chief of security for a large corporation, a former police chief in a Cleveland suburb, and a former Cleveland police officer. Needless to say, though the car had the anemic 307 in it, he had it tuned up as well as a heavy-duty suspension on it. Blew the trans doing J-turns before the car even hit 10k miles, and replaced it with a more durable trans.

Sold it to my mom and dad in '88 for like $1200 or something. The car was mint. To this day, my dad says it was one of the best cars he ever owned. Dad sold it in '95 for $800. Shoulda kept it.

Jesse
03-17-2011, 04:50 PM
Nice! My grandpa had a 1982 Delta 88 Royale Brougham 2D back in the late 80s. He was chief of security for a large corporation, a former police chief in a Cleveland suburb, and a former Cleveland police officer. Needless to say, though the car had the anemic 307 in it, he had it tuned up as well as a heavy-duty suspension on it. Blew the trans doing J-turns before the car even hit 10k miles, and replaced it with a more durable trans.

Sold it to my mom and dad in '88 for like $1200 or something. The car was mint. To this day, my dad says it was one of the best cars he ever owned. Dad sold it in '95 for $800. Shoulda kept it.

That is too cool! Especially being a 2 door. I'd love to see it doin a J turn too. Maybe I should try it! Ha ha I better not. I agree they should have kept it though. When my brother got some new wheels everybody was offering to haul it to the junk yard. I said I wanna drive it! So he just gave it to me.
I should take some shots of the interior. It's nice inside. The only thing is I can't move the seat and I hate the position it's in. It's worth it though on a nice day cruisin!

soultosoul13
03-18-2011, 05:33 AM
very similar to my 86 caprice, which i LOVE.

CBT
03-18-2011, 07:43 AM
I had a 1984 Olds Ninety Eight Regency Royale. My friends called it the "Royale with Cheese", because of Pulp Fiction being popular at that time. Loved that car, power freakin' everything. Crushed blue velvet interior, beautiful color blue outside. Ex-wife smashed the passenger side up, so I sold it. Great car, tho.

blazen71
03-18-2011, 09:42 AM
I had an 84' Delta 88 and an 86' 2-door Caprice. Man I love those cars. Too bad the value has sky rocketed because of the Donks with 24's:mad2:

RF Overlord
03-18-2011, 12:17 PM
My cousin had a '69 Bonneville...you could fit a Delta 88 AND a Caprice in the trunk and not even bottom it out...

tbone
03-18-2011, 12:52 PM
My dad had a '77 Olds 98. 350 4 barrel. That car was pretty quick! He loved it.

Mote
03-18-2011, 01:51 PM
I had an '87 Delta 88 - Bumper to bumper longer than a Suburban! It had squishy velvety upholstery. I left all the windows down on a hot summer night and while I slept it poured rain. That interior soaked up gallons of water. Took a while to dry out and stop smelling like a wet dog lol. I drove it for a couple of months with the power steering broken - HOLY CRAP that is a lot of work. Kinda miss that large-boat-going-over-lazy-waves ride!

JAYSILVER04
03-18-2011, 03:08 PM
I had An '81 Olds Cutlass Brougham 4 door..With a 350 Diesel....Loved the car other than the noise....and the smell....and the performance...otherwise, I made a lot of great memories in that piece of doodoo..

a_d_a_m
03-18-2011, 03:25 PM
That is too cool! Especially being a 2 door. I'd love to see it doin a J turn too. Maybe I should try it! Ha ha I better not. I agree they should have kept it though. ...in my dad's infinite wisdom, he kept our '81 Coupe DeVille, which had the 140HP L62 V8-6-4 engine. That was one of the first (if not THE first) engine with multiple displacement. Needless to say, we disabled that system fairly quickly.

The Olds was cleaner, more dependable, and far more badass...but the Caddy stayed. :confused:

Jesse
03-19-2011, 06:05 AM
You guys wouldn't happen to have pictures of those cars would ya? It's pretty awesome how many have had similar cars. Kinda neat little stories about em too!