PDA

View Full Version : What the f?!?!

CBT
03-18-2011, 11:07 AM
This just happened here, the comments are hysterical!

http://hamptonroads.com/2011/03/inactive-grenade-found-womans-carryon-norfolk-airport

:eek: Still think we don't need screeners???

Papillon
03-18-2011, 11:09 AM
How the heck do you forget that you have a GRENADE in your suitcase?!?!!! People.... :shake:

RacerX
03-18-2011, 11:15 AM
Maybe she frequents weapons shows?
Husband was trying to get rid of her?
She really is dumb and had cocaine stuffed inside the inert grenade.
Clean underwear, check! Tampons, Check! Inert grenade, Check!
:D

CBT
03-18-2011, 11:16 AM
She "forgot" it was in there, that's crazy! The better question is what was it ever in there for in the first place??? Forget your drugs in there, maybe. Sex toy, that's believeable. But a grenade? What practical application in normal civilian life would a grenade apply to? "Well I had it with me when I picked the kids up from school, and I forgot to take it out." ? Unbelievable.

RacerX
03-18-2011, 11:19 AM
What practical application in normal civilian life would a grenade apply to?
Crocodile Dundee: "That ain't a knife... This is a knife!" Old lady: "Well this is a hand grenade... Beotch!" :D

Blackened300a
03-18-2011, 11:24 AM
What practical application in normal civilian life would a grenade apply to?

Sit in NY traffic for a while and you'll wish you have had a grenade handy. :D

RF Overlord
03-18-2011, 12:01 PM
Sit in NY traffic for a while and you'll wish you have had a grenade handy. Paul, you New Yorkers have nuthin' on bad traffic. If you want to see some truly crappy drivers, come up to Bahston.

Mercguy04
03-18-2011, 12:24 PM
Try Rome, what a mad house.
As to the grenade, How do we know that she was not conducting a test??????
I hope they placed her under arrest. She needs a little Jail time to think about
her actions, and the ATFE needs to study her for a while.
Russell

Hacklemerc
03-18-2011, 12:35 PM
She "forgot" it was in there, that's crazy! The better question is what was it ever in there for in the first place??? Forget your drugs in there, maybe. Sex toy, that's believeable. But a grenade? What practical application in normal civilian life would a grenade apply to? "Well I had it with me when I picked the kids up from school, and I forgot to take it out." ? Unbelievable.

Mabe the grenade was the SEX toy?

Mr. Man
03-18-2011, 12:41 PM
Had this person been male he'd be on his way to Guantanamo by now.:shake: Keep us posted on any follow up Case

Spectragod
03-18-2011, 12:44 PM
If it was inert, it was not a grenade. It may have been one at one time, but once disabled, it is nothing more than a paperweight.

I'll go along with the above post^^^^^^^.

Black Dynamite
03-18-2011, 01:21 PM
If it was inert, it was not a grenade. It may have been one at one time, but once disabled, it is nothing more than a paperweight.

Exactly what I was going to say. It's certainly stupid to put it in your carry on luggage though with the level of paranoia where it is.

Mr. Man
03-18-2011, 01:27 PM

I'll go along with the above post^^^^^^^.

You can pull the firing pin out of a gun too and it's effectively a paperweight, but if your a man and God forbid a middle eastern looking man the TSA is still going to put on the rubber gloves bend you over. Then send you to a secret location;) This woman based on the story either knew someone important or there is a double standard.

Joe Walsh
03-18-2011, 01:36 PM

It would still be a 'beotch' to get hit in the head with that paperweight!

em_N3PqMfsc&feature=related

RacerX
03-18-2011, 01:44 PM
Mabe the grenade was the SEX toy?
Hmmmm... Pineapple type? Ribbed for her... IBTL! :D

PurdueRifleman
03-18-2011, 01:58 PM
You can pull the firing pin out of a gun too and it's effectively a paperweight, but if your a man and God forbid a middle eastern looking man the TSA is still going to put on the rubber gloves bend you over. Then send you to a secret location;) This woman based on the story either knew someone important or there is a double standard.

Effectively a paperweight, but in the eyes of federal law the receiver is legally the gun. Even if there were no internals, that machined or stamped piece of metal is still legally the firearm. So unless you declared it at check-in before passing through security, you'll still get bent over.

An inert grenade looks frightening but it's still legally just a hunk of metal. I can understand the panic though.

rayjay
03-18-2011, 04:16 PM
Probably one of those complaint dept grenades, a WW2 pineapple with a #1 tag hanging on it. Slow news day. :rolleyes:

Spectragod
03-18-2011, 05:35 PM

Most people check their guns before boarding, and you don't put them in your carry on luggage. As far as removing the firing pin... it is still a firearm, if the gun had more parts removed, and no chance of making it serviceable, then it is merely parts, just like the inert gernade, with no detonator and a hole in the bottom.

As far as being searched if you are middle eastern, they all should be. Spend enough time with most of them, and you too will understand....

justbob
03-19-2011, 08:19 AM
So did they let her take it on??

CBT
03-19-2011, 10:18 AM
mabe the grenade was the sex toy?

ka-pow!!!!

LIGHTNIN1
03-19-2011, 11:11 AM
I would give her the benefit of the doubt. You know how women have multiple purses? She was in a hurry to catch the plane and mistakenly grabbed the wrong purse .:D

Marauderman
03-19-2011, 11:20 AM

I don't caer what ya say .......now that ther is funny stuff --WTG Casey- !!!!!

Ms. Denmark
03-20-2011, 11:09 AM
I would give her the benefit of the doubt. You know how women have multiple purses? She was in a hurry to catch the plane and mistakenly grabbed the wrong purse .:D
I once accidentally tried to take a pair of scissors and a pocket knife into court while on jury duty. :o They nabbed them with the metal detector. I found myself explaining that "I forgot to take them out of my purse." There could have just as easily been an inactivated grenade down there in the bottom of my bag........:dunno: :D

rayjay
03-20-2011, 12:29 PM
I once accidentally tried to take a pair of scissors and a pocket knife into court while on jury duty. :o They nabbed them with the metal detector. I found myself explaining that "I forgot to take them out of my purse." There could have just as easily been an inactivated grenade down there in the bottom of my bag........:dunno: :D

Eric with a grenade, maybe, but you :P probably... :D

Mustang man
03-22-2011, 02:08 AM
Wow. I think the first two commenters are almost as retarded as the woman with the granade.

Joe Walsh
03-22-2011, 06:46 AM
The headline says "inactive" grenade found in carry-on...

Aren't ALL grenades inactive...until you pull the pin?

69428SCJ
03-22-2011, 06:38 PM
I think they probably should've said INERT instead of inactive, that's what munitions without fuzes/explosives are labled for training purposes.