PDA

View Full Version : CVPI - Needs tires

GarageMahal
12-28-2003, 01:13 AM
I am looking for opinions on decent H rated tires for a 1993 CVPI. It's my sisters car (formerly mine, pre MM) and has some worn out Eagle GAs on it. I must say that I am dissapointed with the Eagles after they changed the tire compound. (My first set were wonderful).

I put some Michelin Pilot XGT H4s on my 1995 Caprice PI and was impressed with them for the short time I had the car. I am planning to get these for the CV unless anyone has better suggestions.

Tire size is 225/70 R15 IIRC and I will definately not be changing rims.

Although the car no longer gets driven hard, I plan to keep with H rated tires. All season traction (including snow) and tread life are the most important attributes followed closely by price.

All comments appreciated,
jta

FordNut
12-28-2003, 02:29 AM
I echo the great experiene with Michelin XGTs. I used to run the XGT V4s. They have stiffer sidewalls than H rated and handle better.

SHERIFF
12-28-2003, 08:18 AM
Go to www.tirerack.com and search for the Kuhmo Touring A/S 795, with a 70,000 mile warranty. First, notice the price is $41 each for 225/70/15. Then notice the tire has one of the best reviews of any tire sold today. The reviews are better than tires costing $100 each.

UTOG = 560 A B

The speed rating is only S/112 mph, but how often, if ever, will the car be going over 112 mph?

Kuhmo tires are one of those little known secrets in the USA. They are excellent tires at a modest price.

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/843/kuhmo.jpg

gobbletwo
12-28-2003, 01:45 PM
Sheriff gives good advice. If you decide to purchase these, you will be pleased.:)

SHERIFF
12-28-2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by gobbletwo
Sheriff gives good advice. If you decide to purchase these, you will be pleased.:)

Thank You! :)

I will tell you the truth...... I rate Kuhmo tires right up at the top with the best Michelin.... and at 35% to 50% of the cost of a Michelin!

I had to decide which POLICE INTERCEPTOR I was going to drive this winter, if I was going somewhere I didn't want to take the department issued car or my 4X4 truck. So I put a winter tire and wheel cover package on the 2001 POLICE INTERCEPTOR. The Kuhmo Escta HP4 716 with an H speed rating are absolutely amazing! They grip as well as any snow I have ever used. They ride smooth and quiet. attractive tread design and sidewall design. They're just great tires! I am in overkill mode now too though. I have3 sets of wheels/tires for the same car now. :)

GarageMahal
12-29-2003, 03:09 PM
Thanks for the input. I was unfamiliar with Kuhmo tires. The price is definately right. Several of the reviews indicated that they feel a bit mushy in the sidewall. I don't think that would be a problem for my sister but I found it interesting.

Thanks again,
jta