PDA

View Full Version : Fix It Again Tony

Fosters
03-24-2011, 09:44 AM
Not sure how many of you pay attention to this stuff... Fiat is trying to enter the US market again. There's a dealer opening tomorrow in Minneapolis... Just found out about it; didn't even know they had a website up:

http://www.fiatusa.com/en/

Since you can't find the numbers on the website that easy:

http://autos.msn.com/research/compare/default.aspx?mode=trims&modelid=14360&ref=vip

15.5k-19.5k... :eek:

a_d_a_m
03-24-2011, 09:55 AM
Yeah, they've been partnered with Chrysler for at least a year now and from what I understand, some Chrysler/Dodge dealers will also sell Fiats.

SC Cheesehead
03-24-2011, 10:25 AM
Yeah, they've been partnered with Chrysler for at least a year now and from what I understand, some Chrysler/Dodge dealers will also sell Fiats.

Didn't they try that business model a while back with AMC? :shake:

Black Dynamite
03-24-2011, 10:42 AM
Fiat is one of the largest manufactorers in Europe. Hell, they own Ferrari and Alfa Romeo!

I sat in one of those Fiat 500's at the Chicago Auto Show. I was actually pretty impressed. If i lived in a big city I'd drive it. Easy to park, cheap, and not so weird looking as a Smart car.

Fosters
03-24-2011, 11:20 AM
Fiat is one of the largest manufactorers in Europe. Hell, they own Ferrari and Alfa Romeo!

I sat in one of those Fiat 500's at the Chicago Auto Show. I was actually pretty impressed. If i lived in a big city I'd drive it. Easy to park, cheap, and not so weird looking as a Smart car.

GM had a suzuki swift GT in the early to mid 90s that was a geo metro with a 1.3L dohc 100hp motor... same power as this thing, probably weighed ~500 lbs less, and almost 20 years ago. Willing to bet it got better mpgs too. 15.5k and it can't even beat a 20 yr old GM? Not for me..

Blk Mamba
03-24-2011, 12:11 PM
I started a thread here about a month ago, telling that the company I work for, is doing trial runs of Chrysler/fiat ECM's.

CRUZTAKER
03-24-2011, 01:33 PM
Fiat is trying to enter the US market again.

Not "trying"....doing...
There is a Fiat dealer in my neck of the woods selling cars for some time now....

Classic Fiat of Mentor http://maps.gstatic.com/intl/en_us/mapfiles/transparent.png

6920 Center St, Mentor, OH 44060 (440) 205-xxxx

Those cars are rediculous!

I had an AWESOME Spider Pininfarina....but it too broke down a lot,:P

FordNut
03-24-2011, 04:34 PM
I used to have a Fiat... called it a fart... it stunk... bigtime POS.

de minimus
03-24-2011, 06:21 PM
Didn't they try that business model a while back with AMC? :shake:

Don't think so, but i do recall their partnership with Renault which produced, among other things the excreable Renault Alliance. I had a Renault 5, which was the absolute worst car that i have ever owned.
The 5oo doesn't look too bad and I think is probably the "best done" of the retro reproductions, eg. the Mini & Beetle.

jdando
03-24-2011, 06:53 PM
That is one my drive to/from work. Looking at the car I probably will not stop to see it.

Vortex
03-24-2011, 08:26 PM
FYI: Fiat owns Chrysler. They make a nice small car now and that 500 should be a hit here. Alot has changed since those crappy 850's.