PDA

View Full Version : National Cell Phone Day

SHERIFF
12-28-2003, 04:42 PM
Even though I never saw anything about it in the media, today must have been National Cell Phone Day, kinda like the National Smokeout Day?

Every driver of every car I passed today in my travels had a cell phone up their ears. It was hilarious watching them sit at green lights dialing their next number, and the people behind them blowing their horns and developing severe cases of road rage. Along with watching people cut back back and forth in front of other drivers without looking, because the "phone call" was more important.

I don't care if people use a cell phone while driving. But these stupid people will cause every state to finally adopt and enforce a cell phone useage law of some type. Anytime you give people a good thing they use and abuse it until the lawmakers have to step in. The small percentage of us that can actually drive, scratch their nose, use a cell phone and chew bubble gum all at the same time safely.... always have to pay for the stupidity of other people. :)

jgc61sr2002
12-28-2003, 04:48 PM
In NYS you must use a hands free cell phone while driving. Even though it is a violation you see many a driver with a cell phone on his/her ear.

gobbletwo
12-28-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by SHERIFF
Even though I never saw anything about it in the media, today must have been National Cell Phone Day, kinda like the National Smokeout Day?

Every driver of every car I passed today in my travels had a cell phone up their ears. It was hilarious watching them sit at green lights dialing their next number, and the people behind them blowing their horns and developing severe cases of road rage. Along with watching people cut back back and forth in front of other drivers without looking, because the "phone call" was more important.

I don't care if people use a cell phone while driving. But these stupid people will cause every state to finally adopt and enforce a cell phone useage law of some type. Anytime you give people a good thing they use and abuse it until the lawmakers have to step in. The small percentage of us that can actually drive, scratch their nose, use a cell phone and chew bubble gum all at the same time safely.... always have to pay for the stupidity of other people. :) :lol: