PDA

View Full Version : How many forum users does it take to change a light bulb?

2003Marauder
12-29-2003, 10:29 AM
Found this on the Thunderbird web site--enjoy:

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
1 to move it to the Lighting section
2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section
7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
5 to flame the spell checkers
3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid
2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct
19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum
11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty
7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's
3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
13 to say "Do a Search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"
1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

SergntMac
12-29-2003, 12:23 PM
Perfect!

Dr Caleb
12-29-2003, 12:41 PM
This isn't the lightbulb forum. Perhaps Logan can move it there. :)

gobbletwo
12-29-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Dr Caleb
This isn't the lightbulb forum. Perhaps Logan can move it there. :) :beer:

SHERIFF
12-29-2003, 05:28 PM
Here's a real change the light bulb tale..... How Many Days Does It Take Sheriff To Change A Light Bulb?

Turned the light on and walked into the kitchen one night. It was obvious we had lost a few light bulbs in the enclosed fixture to old age. So I set out to correct the problem.

First, I noticed the UL notice said "do not exceed 60 watt bulbs". I didn't have any 60 watt bulbs. I couldn't even find any 40 watt bulbs. So I put the glass cover back in place with the intent of buying bulbs the next day.

The next day rolled around and I was standing in the kitchen fixing the problem. This time as I replaced the glass cover, it slipped from my hand and shattered into 32,986 pieces as it hit the rock floor. And I still had to come off the little step ladder barefooted. If airports ever install glass detectors I am sure I will never be able to fly again. :)

So..... the next day I had to go looking for a replacement for the glass. I found one and handled it like a dozen of eggs balanced on a tight wire all the way home.

Three days since the beginning... I had replaced 2 60 watt bulbs and the glass cover. But things still weren't quite right. I had a combination of "soft glow" light bulbs and "normal" light bulbs. I set out again the next day to buy 4 light bulbs alike. Went through the entire process of installation again. Except this time I promised myself not to let the glass cover slip from my hand.

So, the answer is..... took me four days to change a light bulb. :D

I am now officially qualified to be one of the ----> "14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently "

woaface
12-30-2003, 10:01 PM
6 people who will distantly relate their kids hockey practice or wife's cooking to the light bulb story and get way off track for a page or two of posts!

Bigdogjim
12-30-2003, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by SergntMac
Perfect!

Just one word? Not like you, but as usally right on target:)

Be back in 6 months:):):)

Krytin
07-03-2004, 07:07 AM
Isn't it time to get this thread started again?

Petrograde
07-03-2004, 07:24 AM
:lol: I remember when this was first posted, I laughed just as hard on the second read though.

RoyLPita
07-03-2004, 07:29 AM
I Don't know. It took me a while to change Silverstars on a member's MM. :lol:

Logan
07-03-2004, 07:47 AM
All I can say is, it sounds damned familiar... Welcome to my world.

Patrick
07-03-2004, 09:27 AM
Perfect!

:stupid: :lol: :lol:

SHERIFF
07-03-2004, 10:10 AM
This subject sure brought back some painful memories. :)

Krytin
07-03-2004, 10:52 AM
I'm getting new fog/driving light housings under waranty on the 13th - it seems they've been filling up w/water!

2005Marauder
07-03-2004, 07:24 PM
Thanks to the "forum lurker" for resurrecting the post that I originally made. Had almost forgotten that it was my post. One of the best posts that I every ran across. Still good reading.

Slowpoke
07-03-2004, 08:58 PM
I bet Zack can invent a light bulb that changes itself...

Perhaps Dennis could come up with a bulb that lasts longer so it doesn't need to be changed...

Or maybe Marty could sue the electric company and they will come out to change it...

Logan would just get some guy in St. Louis to do it for him...

Mac would get a rookie fresh out of the academy do change it...

Wes would get his son to do it...

Big Joe would scare the hell of the bulb and it would leap from the socket...

Me.... I'd just move and let whoever bought my place change the damn bulb.

UAW 588
07-03-2004, 09:04 PM

Perhaps Dennis could come up with a bulb that lasts longer so it doesn't need to be changed...

Or maybe Marty could sue the electric company and they will come out to change it...

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!! :banana:

Patrick
07-03-2004, 09:13 PM

Good one Rick!!

Bigdogjim
07-03-2004, 09:15 PM
All I can say is, it sounds damned familiar... Welcome to my world.

Well we live here too, now pass the popcorn and give me the remote:)

duhtroll
07-03-2004, 09:36 PM
Light bulbs?

You guys haven't modded your eyes to see in the dark yet? :baaa:

-A

MICA Racing
07-03-2004, 10:06 PM
Due to the ongoing lightbulb/lamp controversy, I will refuse to post anything on the subject.

BTW, I think it's perfect that's it was almost 6 months exactly since the thread was started that the 'forum lurker' brought it back. :shot:

Bigdogjim
07-03-2004, 11:42 PM
Look at it this way: No one on this forum would EVER change a light bulb!

Why waste your time?

Just type in the dark:lol: :lol: :lol:

studio460
07-04-2004, 12:09 AM
Due to the ongoing lightbulb/lamp controversy, I will refuse to post anything on the subject.ME TOO!!!!!!

David Morton
07-04-2004, 12:42 AM
Isn't it time to get this thread started again?You're not fooling me man. You just wanted to start this crap all over again to take the pressure off your candidate!

Gods! I hate guys that use these boards to hack for their poltical party, this is supposed to be about Marauders!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Krytin
07-04-2004, 06:57 AM
Due to the ongoing lightbulb/lamp controversy, I will refuse to post anything on the subject.

BTW, I think it's perfect that's it was almost 6 months exactly since the thread was started that the 'forum lurker' brought it back. :shot:

Thank you! It was pure luck that I stumbled across the original this week for the first time - it was to good to pass up!

Hack Goby
07-04-2004, 11:17 AM
Here in Detroit to change a light bulb we would have to start a "Motor City Changers" club. :lol:

jaywish
07-06-2004, 09:39 AM
Shouldn't this thread be in the Garage forum?

MICA Racing
07-06-2004, 09:59 AM
You're not fooling me man. You just wanted to start this crap all over again to take the pressure off your candidate!

Gods! I hate guys that use these boards to hack for their poltical party, this is supposed to be about Marauders!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
:baaa: :baaa: :baaa: :baaa: The time has come for all parties involved to put aside our differences and vote Logan for President on the Marauder party ticket...then Logan can wait til late October to announce his running mate!

2003 MIB
07-06-2004, 10:10 AM
:baaa: :baaa: :baaa: :baaa: The time has come for all parties involved to put aside our differences and vote Logan for President on the Marauder party ticket...then Logan can wait til late October to announce his running mate!
He's a Canadian and can't lawfully serve- that's the only reason I couldn't vote for him. Well, that and his haircut.

MICA Racing
07-06-2004, 07:59 PM
Ok, well....elect me & I'll air condition the entire state of Texas - that's no worse than the crap all the rest of them say during elections...

Peter
03-30-2007, 06:59 PM
"1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again."

:D

Mad4Macs
03-30-2007, 11:32 PM
Oh yeah? Just wait until Chuck Norris gets a hold of this thread!