PDA

View Full Version : What years should I look for trunk/hood???

Egon Spengler
03-31-2011, 01:00 PM
Ladies and Gents. I have the paint problem of the hood very bad and I had a tree limb fall on the trunk lid of my marauder. What years am I looking for to match my hood in color and shape in grand marquis and crown vics? I want to explore if it would be cheaper to find a decent hood from a salvage yard than just have it repainted. The trunk lid has some good damage that won't "pop out".

Thanks everyone!

babbage
03-31-2011, 01:23 PM
I think all 2003+ hoods are the same. Homeowners insurance? You could get the one from classglass too.

yjmud
03-31-2011, 01:32 PM
I think it is 98 and up
fyi the trunk is very heavy and will bend under its own weight if you let it hang loose on the hinges

Egon Spengler
04-01-2011, 08:14 AM
I think all 2003+ hoods are the same. Homeowners insurance? You could get the one from classglass too.

I think it is 98 and up
fyi the trunk is very heavy and will bend under its own weight if you let it hang loose on the hinges
Thank you guys. Am going to have to pay out of pocket on this one. Plus am just trying to spruce it up a bit for maximum price on a possible trade in in the future. Don't think she will be mine much longer.