PDA

View Full Version : Age of the typical Marauder owner....

Lightningquick
03-31-2011, 06:11 PM
My wife is dead set against me getting a MM she says its a " old mans " car :lol: so it has me wondering what the typical age is of the average owner? I personally cant see a bunch of 60+ year olds driving a 4 valve marauder when they could have gotten the standard Grand M.

Vostok
03-31-2011, 06:14 PM
I do believe there is a poll on this somewhere...i'm trying to find it. 22 for the record.

MOTOWN
03-31-2011, 06:15 PM
im 39, but these cars were typically purchased by muture buyers primarily because the young crowd couldnt afford them brand new, but thats changing as they age

Marauder386
03-31-2011, 06:15 PM
The original demographic F/L/M I believe they whee going for was FEMALE 28 to 36 years old...

I am neither...I am now 49 and have had all the MM's for six years...

:beatnik:

guspech750
03-31-2011, 06:16 PM
Lol. My wife thinks the same thing!! And I'm 36. She was joking this evening about it again. Just tell her to get bent and a quick smack!! Just kidding. Just get one. Weather she likes it or not. I did. She will get over quickly because it's love. :)

Sent from my iPhone
Go White Sox!!!

Vostok
03-31-2011, 06:17 PM
Found it!!!!!!!!

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4446

According to this its a "middle aged" persons car. Hah.

Lightningquick
03-31-2011, 06:19 PM
I told her the damn thing has a huge back seat...............i got no response.

:lol::lol::lol:

DOOM
03-31-2011, 06:19 PM
Answer: 73! :eek:

Lightningquick
03-31-2011, 06:20 PM
Found it!!!!!!!!

thanks, I voted and going by the poll its NOT a old guys car :D

guspech750
I told her the damn thing has a huge back seat...............i got no response.

:lol::lol::lol:

Because she was thinking about it too!! You are so in now!! :)

Sent from my iPhone
Go White Sox!!!

DOOM
Wait till you meet the geezer goon squad. :geezer:

LANDY
03-31-2011, 06:21 PM
im 24, i have been marauding since i was 19 years old.

Lightningquick
03-31-2011, 06:22 PM
Because she was thinking about it too!! You are so in now!! :)

Sent from my iPhone
Go White Sox!!!

she just turned 30 last December, im trying to help her " retain" her youth :rolleyes:

Juice
I'm 25. I've also noticed the majority of people that compliment the car are also in my age group. Old people don't like it because it's too loud. I just tell them to turn off their hearing aids.

Lightningquick
im 24, i have been marauding since i was 19 years old.
thats one kick azz car you have kid ;)

LANDY
03-31-2011, 06:29 PM
thats one kick azz car you have kid ;) thanks man, its come a long way.
BTW my fiance is 21 and she has been driving my car to school for two years and she loves it.:burnout:

guspech750
03-31-2011, 06:29 PM
My wife surely did not want the Marauder. But after the ordeal we have had with our 2005 GTO (no fault of the car itself) I put my foot down, saw the Marauder on a Friday night. Bought it Saturday morning. She likes the lack of power (For Doomie!!) my DTR has!! She was amazed at how many people look at her while she drives it and give a wave or thumbs up.
Sent from my iPhone
Go White Sox!!!

ImpalaSlayer
03-31-2011, 06:30 PM
i bought mine at 18. sold it at 21

SID210SA
03-31-2011, 06:38 PM
I guess I now fit into that middle age demographic.....I was 29 when I bought her new for an early 30th Bday present to myself.....

I had the car before my current relationship and she loves it....she's affraid to drive it but loves it.

The girl I was with when I bought the Marauder wasnt to crazy about it.....so to the curb she went!

Mike

cruzer
03-31-2011, 07:18 PM
My 2003 black Marauder has 118,000+ miles of smiles on it--I have drag raced in Texas, Indy and Milan--road raced in Texas and been the fox in fox and hound with the Fort Worth Police Dept chase driving school---I've turned a 121.5 mph lap in the Marauder at Texas Motor Speedway---finished 2nd in the 10 car Nascar Sprint car shoot-out graduation race at Team Texas, Texas Motor Speedway. I went thru 9 sets of rear tires in 110,000 miles----other than that, this "old man" is a happy great-grandfather, happily married for 58 years and enjoying life driving the best "old Man"s car ever built. Drive safely, but with GUSTO !! Maury

If you don't know me, check my age in the header :burnout:

Bluerauder
03-31-2011, 07:21 PM
My wife is dead set against me getting a MM she says its a " old mans " car :lol: so it has me wondering what the typical age is of the average owner? I personally cant see a bunch of 60+ year olds driving a 4 valve marauder when they could have gotten the standard Grand M.

Well we see who wears the pants in your family. :P

Come on out to a Marauder meet sometime and meet the :geezer: gang. I am sure that Maury, Shermanator, PoPs, and some other Old Men would be glad to hand you your azz at the track.

Age is a state of mind and I ain't seen an old MM owner yet. ;) We are all about 25. :D Its just that some of us have been there longer.

For the Record ..... I got a Marauder because I specifically didn't want an old man's car.

PurdueRifleman
03-31-2011, 07:22 PM
I'm 24, purchased the Marauder when I was 23, but I wanted one since I was 18. Drove a 1994 Crown Victoria LX that I loved through those years.

Shaijack
03-31-2011, 07:25 PM
58 bought it at 51 best car I ever owned 50K miles

HammerDown
03-31-2011, 07:43 PM

ok lightningquick-- we're adding to the poll. We are 57 & 59, bought our SB new in 2003, and have had lots of fun with it. It's just awesome, a great ride. I'm "allowed" to drive ours every once in a while:D. Just get one, if you don't like it, there's always someone looking to buy. But I bet you will love it and that'll be the end of story.;)

-Matt-
03-31-2011, 07:50 PM
It all depends if they are original owners or not.

Most original owners are older because they could afford them from the lot when it came out. Those of us that are second owners are the ones that have been dreaming about the Marauder since they were new and can just now afford one. I notice at most of the Marauder meets that there is a pretty clear 2 different groups.

rayjay
03-31-2011, 07:58 PM
Lets see I would have been 46 going on 29 when I bought mine in 04. For the record my Mrs is in a younger age demographic than me and has never once referred to it as a old mans car. In fact she is the reason its still here. I have a death sentence hanging over my head if I ever let it go.

visionmercury
03-31-2011, 07:58 PM
i think she needs to ride in one , and that may help. i was looking at new grand marquis and saw a guy at the dealer with a marauder and i talked to him for an hr+ , he took me and my wife for a ride. she made the comment that she would rather see me in the marauder and happy , than another marquis

SC Cheesehead
03-31-2011, 08:09 PM
Original demographic was affluent middle class baby boomers that strongly related to old school muscle cars from the late 60's to early 70's.

That is definitely me.

Since buying my first MM, I have evolved into an affluent middle class baby boomer that strongly relates to old school muscle car that kicks azz on ricers and the majority of current wannabe neo-muscle cars... ;)

jflave
03-31-2011, 08:13 PM
My 2003 black Marauder has 118,000+ miles of smiles on it--I have drag raced in Texas, Indy and Milan--road raced in Texas and been the fox in fox and hound with the Fort Worth Police Dept chase driving school---I've turned a 121.5 mph lap in the Marauder at Texas Motor Speedway---finished 2nd in the 10 car Nascar Sprint car shoot-out graduation race at Team Texas, Texas Motor Speedway. I went thru 9 sets of rear tires in 110,000 miles----other than that, this "old man" is a happy great-grandfather, happily married for 58 years and enjoying life driving the best "old Man"s car ever built. Drive safely, but with GUSTO !! Maury

When i grow up i want to be just like you. I'am 64 & always liked fast toys, in a few weeks i should be ready for a good pass at the track.:)

wickedmerc
03-31-2011, 08:16 PM
The kid I bought my MM from delivered it to my house. When he pulled up, my wife looks out at it, looks back at me puzzled and said, and I quote, "You bought an old man's car?!?". I said "Yes dear, but usually old men's cars don't have 300hp and 3" exhaust." :D With 2 little boys, she appreciates it's size when she needs to drive it.

If you have an opportunity and you've wanted 1, get 1 bro. You'll be glad you did.

Bigdogjim
03-31-2011, 08:25 PM

OK! First define "old man"

I bought mine at age 51.

I had a '70 X-100 :) (age 19)

My Father was L&M Dealer for over 40 years:up:

I am 6'6" tall and weight around 371 so you tell me what else can I get into.

My DD is a pristine 1995 F-150 mark III pick-up Sunset Red

Any more questions?

SC Cheesehead
03-31-2011, 08:29 PM
OK! First define "old man"

I bought mine at age 51.

I had a '70 X-100 :) (age 19)

My Father was L&M Dealer for over 40 years:up:

Any more questions?

Nope.

It's obvious that you're a :geezer: trying your dangdest to re-capture your youth.

Best wishes, and carry on (from one geezer to another... :D).

ctrlraven
03-31-2011, 08:40 PM
I got mine a few days after turning 24.

Bigdogjim
03-31-2011, 08:41 PM
Nope.

It's obvious that you're a :geezer: trying your dangdest to re-capture your youth.

Best wishes, and carry on (from one geezer to another... :D).

You know I get that from time to time:shake:

I am still in my youth:beer:

Still do not know what I want to be when I grow up:P:P:P

mike P71
03-31-2011, 08:50 PM

Hey dude. I'm 60 plus and I drive a Shelby Super Snake, a Porsche, and a Marauder. I drive competitively and will do so for many more years. Buy what you like and don't be influenced by others

SC Cheesehead
03-31-2011, 08:54 PM
You know I get that from time to time:shake:

I am still in my youth:beer:

Still do not know what I want to be when I grow up:P:P:P

Some day i'd like to be an Old Fart when I grow up.

In the mean time, I'm satisfied with being your typcial 60's era YIPPIE... :D

Lignum
03-31-2011, 09:13 PM
I'm 25 and my wife said the same thing. (plus some stuff about it being a gangsta car) but now she drives it every chance she gets.

I remember in high school this old guy brought some stuff to my teacher for ag mechanics. He was driving a brand new MM. I was driving a 73 challenger at the time but I thought that thing was cool as hell.

Mote
03-31-2011, 09:49 PM

I have a hard time considering myself "middle aged", but unless I plan on living well past 104 - Perhaps I am...

Fosters
03-31-2011, 10:10 PM
Wait till you meet the geezer goon squad. :geezer:

I'm 29... should fit right in:

http://i52.tinypic.com/33ndn4l.jpg

http://www.tcstangs.com/forum/images/smilies/geeza.gif
(new smiley that should be added) :D

69428SCJ
03-31-2011, 10:20 PM
I'm 27, the gf is 28 and she said nothing about my MM being an "old man's" car. As a matter of fact, she said she liked the way the car looked...all menacing like and whatnot.

LIGHTNIN1
03-31-2011, 10:35 PM
Bought mine two years ago. I've recieved most of the positive comments about it from people in their 20's and wanting to buy it.

Go2GuyFL
03-31-2011, 10:36 PM
Do what I did ... get a "his" and "hers". Another bonus is you never have to figure out where is the gear shift, wipers, lights, etc. are located when driving either car. Since she drives the Silver Birch which has heated seats, I tell everyone my wife has the hottest a$$ in all of Palm Coast! For the record, we'll both be 45 this year. Enjoy!!

Ms. Denmark
04-01-2011, 02:41 AM
im 39, but these cars were typically purchased by muture buyers primarily because the young crowd couldnt afford them brand new, but thats changing as they age

:beatnik:[/QUOTE]

^^^^ Sounds right to me guys! And I also agree with Bluerauder. All Marauder owners I've met are 18-25 year olds ........"at heart". In our house I'm 18 and Mr. Man is 25....except for the days we swap ages. :D

J-MAN
04-01-2011, 03:41 AM
I'll be 65 at the end of the month, ready to be welcomed into the local OFC. On my second marauder and loving it. I'm surprised that there aren't more older owners as we were the ones leading the charge in the muscle car era of the '60's.

CBT
04-01-2011, 03:47 AM

Now THAT is an impressive list of Marauder deeds! :beer:
I bought my Marauder when I was 34, now I'm 40. My '77 Corvette was my daily driver. Since 2004 when I got the Marauder, I don't think I have put 500 miles on the 'vette. Like guspech said, it's not the cars fault I don't drive it, but putting 70 thousand miles on the Marauder has been more fun than putting 500 on the 'vette, so age and other vehicles really have nothing to do with who drives a Marauder.:beer:

Pat
04-01-2011, 05:05 AM
In the previously referenced poll I was 66 now I'm 72, Silverback is 8 in car years.

Blk Mamba
04-01-2011, 05:11 AM
I bought mine at 57, as a birthday present to me, it will never be sold again.

thathotrodlincn
04-01-2011, 05:35 AM
I am 72 and drive a Trilogy Marauder with enthusiasm.

dj_pizm
04-01-2011, 05:35 AM
27 now , got it when I was 22!

william s
04-01-2011, 05:40 AM
I am 66 years young. Bought mine new in 2003. Paid cash for her and never felt bad about doing so. Car has 60000 miles and will never be sold. Bill

irish
04-01-2011, 05:59 AM
I'm 65 & have been into big fast cars since I was 17 & would like to say they were all "American" cars. I disagree what your wife says, I would never think that the younger crowd would like the MM, most younger guys I see are driving around the Jap cars with the fart cans . I get complements from young & old about my MM, had her for 8yrs. & still enjoy the performance , always puts a smile on my face , when some riceburner thinks it's an ole man's car. Happy to see the younger generation taking a liking to an "ole man's car". Enjoy & welcome:beer:

Joe Walsh
04-01-2011, 06:07 AM
I'm 51...act like I'm 21, and a majority of people who compliment my Marauder are 'youngsters'.

MM2004
04-01-2011, 06:16 AM
Adopted my DTR at 41.

6 1/2 years and 39,*** miles of smiles.

:burnout:

Mike.

Kodimar
04-01-2011, 06:50 AM
I bought my Marauder last October at age 29.

yjmud
04-01-2011, 07:25 AM
got mine in 07 at 29

Marauderman
04-01-2011, 03:09 PM
Found it!!!!!!!!

Looks Like I may have passed into another group---

I'm 25. I've also noticed the majority of people that compliment the car are also in my age group. Old people don't like it because it's too loud. I just tell them to turn off their hearing aids.

Then you should hear mine--ask SC Cheesehead to advise....

Now that's what I'm talking about!!!!!!:beer::beer:

Well we see who wears the pants in your family. :P

Come on out to a Marauder meet sometime and meet the :geezer: gang. I am sure that Maury, Shermanator, PoPs, and some other Old Men would be glad to hand you your azz at the track.

Age is a state of mind and I ain't seen an old MM owner yet. ;) We are all about 25. :D Its just that some of us have been there longer.

For the Record ..... I got a Marauder because I specifically didn't want an old man's car.

Guess I'm in that pack somewhere too---

It all depends if they are original owners or not.

Most original owners are older because they could afford them from the lot when it came out. Those of us that are second owners are the ones that have been dreaming about the Marauder since they were new and can just now afford one. I notice at most of the Marauder meets that there is a pretty clear 2 different groups.

Clearlt that now with it being 9+ years old.....and expected..

When i grow up i want to be just like you. I'am 64 & always liked fast toys, in a few weeks i should be ready for a good pass at the track.:)

+ 2 when it comes to cruzer....I am following his path as well.........:beer::beer:

youngrauderlvr
04-01-2011, 06:14 PM
Im 26 and my husband is 35. I had a Mustang and then a baby....our son is now 6 and I wanted another sporty car. My hubby told me that if I could find one that he could fit in he would get it.....TAAADAAAA!!!!!! an 03 Marauder appeared! By the way he is 6'5" and about 290lbs.

TAKEDOWN
04-01-2011, 06:16 PM
... MARAUDER Owners at the end are the same age YOUNG AT HEART!

slickster
04-01-2011, 07:38 PM
I think I was 16 when I seen the 02 ford panther concept on tv at a auto show. Then I knew what love was. Or was my taste just advance

F8LBITEva
04-01-2011, 07:42 PM
30 years old, bought it last November

Mr. Man
04-01-2011, 10:02 PM
Im 26 and my husband is 35. I had a Mustang and then a baby....our son is now 6 and I wanted another sporty car. My hubby told me that if I could find one that he could fit in he would get it.....TAAADAAAA!!!!!! an 03 Marauder appeared! By the way he is 6'5" and about 290lbs.
You need to bring him to Carlisle. Me and BigDog been looking for a "pee-wee" for our gang:D

seabreeze
04-02-2011, 08:44 AM
Leased my 2003b when I was 42. Bought my DTR when I was 44. Love this car more than any of the 20+ cars I have ever had. My kid has grown up in this car, from car seats to driving it in 2 years. I was the target customer, and they hit me, big time.:cool4:

seabreeze
04-02-2011, 08:46 AM
My wife likes the Marauder so much she bought me a Trilogy for Christmas when I was 48.:D

Got_1
04-02-2011, 08:49 AM
bought mine in 2008 at 22 years old.

dakslim
04-02-2011, 09:10 AM

+1^^^^ Age is a state of mind...my brain says "18" but my body says "no way, fool"!:P I hope to be Maraudering when I reach Maury's age.:D Like him, I find it difficult to keep my foot off the "foot feed" (that's what we called it when I was a kid) too.;)

dakslim
04-02-2011, 09:22 AM
BTW, my kids, aged 41 and 37 respectively, jokingly I hope, argue over who will get the Marauder when I croak.:eek: Now my 18 year old grandson is getting into the mix. If they only knew what an oil dip-stick is I'd feel better.:P

SC Cheesehead
04-02-2011, 09:36 AM
BTW, my kids, aged 41 and 37 respectively, jokingly I hope, argue over who will get the Marauder when I croak.:eek: Now my 18 year old grandson is getting into the mix. If they only knew what an oil dip-stick is I'd feel better.:P

No argument at my place, Lisa thinks the car is "annoying", Terry says the M112 makes the car sound like it's ready to blow up, and thinks the car is nothing but a money pit; E-Dub's got dibbs... ;)

BigM460
04-02-2011, 10:42 AM
I got the "old man car" from my wife also!:loco: My pastor says I need a purple feather and hat, and one of the gals at work asked if I had a pimp daddy purple suit and cane to go with the car.:pimp: I am 42, a white man BTW, wanted one from before they made them, and finally got one last fall!:burn: Just need more power! Supercharger donations welcomed!! Anything smaller than a full size car just feels like a "girls car" to me anyway!

Bigdogjim
04-02-2011, 10:57 AM
You need to bring him to Carlisle. Me and BigDog been looking for a "pee-wee" for our gang:D

He will be the "little guy" for sure:lol:

CobraSVT657
04-02-2011, 11:19 AM
41... But after having 13 Mustangs, it was time for a nice big car to take road trips in with comfort. Plus being 6'7", it fits me a little better..

ChiTownMaraud3r
04-02-2011, 12:00 PM
Got mine when I was 18!

Ken
04-02-2011, 05:16 PM
Bought mine at the ripe old age of 44, my 37 y. o. wife called it an old man's car. Accused me of loving the car more than her!

Fast forward 9 years, how many of you have met my now ex-wife?

Exactly!

The Girl Friend loves when I take her out in the MM, and put my foot into it. Guess who's riding shotgun to KY! Gave her a treat and let her drive part of the way home from MV8.

Bluerauder
04-02-2011, 06:51 PM
Bought mine at the ripe old age of 53. My wife likes the car ALMOST as much as I do; but thinks I spend way too much time washing, waxing and polishing it. She really likes the MM.Net gang and is quite surprised at the diversity not only in age but in other demographics as well and comments how well everyone gets along. She enjoys all of the events.

My youngest son the S.O.B. has called dibs on the MM and is probably the only one who would appreciate it and take care of it. He's 27 now He started pushing me to get one when he was only 18-19 and still just a concept and hadn't entered production yet.

Ms. Denmark
04-03-2011, 08:12 AM
The Girl Friend loves when I take her out in the MM, and put my foot into it. Guess who's riding shotgun to KY! Gave her a treat and let her drive part of the way home from MV8. She's a keeper. Some girls love diamonds and jewels....give me a Marauder any day!!!!

Bought mine at the ripe old age of 53. My wife likes the car ALMOST as much as I do; but thinks I spend way too much time washing, waxing and polishing it. She really likes the MM.Net gang and is quite surprised at the diversity not only in age but in other demographics as well and comments how well everyone gets along. She enjoys all of the events. And we enjoy her!!

barrytuneup
04-04-2011, 01:31 PM
bought my 04 MM sbirch in \04. I was 53. now 61!! I just got a compliment this am on the wheels while in a far parking lot of Home Depot in Danbury Ct.!!

youngrauderlvr
04-04-2011, 07:52 PM
You need to bring him to Carlisle. Me and BigDog been looking for a "pee-wee" for our gang:D wow! We'll get out to a meet one day...I'd like to see how you consider him a peewee. lol

jsignorelli
04-04-2011, 09:15 PM
If an old man's car is supposed to run the quarter in under 13 seconds, and make the fools in the Beamers wonder what the He__ is in your car as you blow them away at the light... then please pass me the geriatric specials...! I have seven Mustangs, all over 500 HP and an original Boss 302. The marauder is another play toy. Those are old man cars.........PS: I turned 64 last week!

CBT
04-05-2011, 04:09 AM
If an old man's car is supposed to run the quarter in under 13 seconds, and make the fools in the Beamers wonder what the He__ is in your car as you blow them away at the light... then please pass me the geriatric specials...! I have seven Mustangs, all over 500 HP and an original Boss 302. The marauder is another play toy. Those are old man cars.........PS: I turned 64 last week!

Holy crap! :beer: Any pics?

Fosters
04-05-2011, 07:27 AM

The problem is 13 seconds is not fast by today's standards... Sure, you can make these fast, but by the time you do, they won't surprise anyone. If you want to go fast, pick something lighter, like a mustang, preferrably 2011 ;). The only reason we can get these cars into the 13s is because of the similarities with mustangs... Hell, a stock maxima will take down a stock marauder; but I somehow don't see any 60 yr olds even considering a maxima... These cars are a bit like the Grand Nationals in a way, look like an old man's car, drive like an old man's car, have a big attitude and good potential. And at 29, I love that :burnout: