PDA

View Full Version : i would get arrested for **** like this.............

LANDY
04-03-2011, 06:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ0bPt0fQV4
my blood still boiling:mad2:

MOTOWN
04-03-2011, 07:07 PM
been on that call quite a few times! all it takes is one complaint, and no more hoops!

its unfortunate it has to come to the point of neighbors not being able to work it out

kariamack
04-03-2011, 07:09 PM
That's f##k up

PonyUP
04-03-2011, 07:14 PM
Wow, that's all I can realy say right now is, Wow!!!, what the hell have we become in this country? :mad2:

DEFYANT
04-03-2011, 07:19 PM
Never did like them, personally. I think they are an eye sore. Especially that one in the video. Blue? Really?

My kids like to play though. Keep it on your property is it means that much. Thats were we keep it.

When I worked the road, we'd get complaints about kids playing ball in the road and not moving for the cars. Or the ball hitting parked cars, ball and kids in gardens, breaking bushes. Kids then being rude when confronted by property owners.

Like everything in video, there are more sides to the story.

MOTOWN
04-03-2011, 07:24 PM
Never did like them, personally. I think they are an eye sore. Especially that one in the video. Blue? Really?

My kids like to play though. Keep it on your property is it means that much. Thats were we keep it.

When I worked the road, we'd get complaints about kids playing ball in the road and not moving for the cars. Or the ball hitting parked cars, ball and kids in gardens, breaking bushes. Kids then being rude when confronted by property owners.

Like everything in video, there are more sides to the story.

you make an excellent point! we have had brawls in the streets over the kids not moving for traffic!, which is why we impound them if they are on the streets when we arrive

F8LBITEva
04-03-2011, 07:38 PM
LOL that guy was pissed

EMAS
04-03-2011, 07:47 PM
That totally sucks, believe it or not I played there as a kid. No BS I thought some of the background looked familiar as in my next door neighbors/best friends house across the street behind the red car. Looked through the comments and they gave someone gave the address of the person who started this and sure enough it was the neighborhood I lived in until 2nd grade.

He is not correct that his particular pole has been there for 60 years it's not even 50 as the neighborhood/my parents house was built in 1962-3 and I played on that hoop in the early 70's so it's at least 40.

sailsmen
04-03-2011, 07:58 PM
22.5 Million Gov't Workers need something to do and in doing so it justifies their existance. A Federal Judge recently told me there are over 4,000 Criminal Laws in the Federal Code, now keep in mind most criminal laws are in the State Code. He said 140 years ago there were 180 criminal laws in the Federal Code.

10 years ago I calculated that during the average life time 55,000 new laws are being passed.

Soon it will be easier for Gov't to tell us what to do instead of what not to do.

EVERY THING IS ILLEGAL.

Only the politcally connected are innocent.

"All animals are equal and some animals are more equal than others":mad2::mad2::mad2:

sailsmen
04-03-2011, 08:00 PM
That totally sucks, believe it or not I played there as a kid. No BS I thought some of the background looked familiar as in my next door neighbors/best friends house across the street behind the red car. Looked through the comments and they gave someone gave the address of the person who started this and sure enough it was the neighborhood I lived in until 2nd grade.

He is not correct that his particular pole has been there for 60 years it's not even 50 as the neighborhood/my parents house was built in 1962-3 and I played on that hoop in the early 70's so it's at least 40.

Post your name and contact info so we can report you to be arrested for ILLEGAL baskeball playing! It is your duty to the STATE to confess and pay for your crime.

MercNasty
04-03-2011, 08:03 PM
He probably wouldnt of been as mad if she didnt lie to him saying he can keep the hoop. That is the part that would have really pissed me off, seems like they had some emotional ties to that hoop.

LANDY
04-03-2011, 08:07 PM
He probably wouldnt of been as mad if she didnt lie to him saying he can keep the hoop. That is the part that would have really pissed me off, seems like they had some emotional ties to that hoop. my hole point.
why lie?

guspech750
04-03-2011, 08:14 PM
I hate hoops. And we just got one. My daughter likes it so it's here for a little bit. But WTF. That ***** lied to him. I'd find out where she lives and get some payback!! But it shouldn't be concreted up to the street. I'd rip that thing out too.

Sent from my iPhone
Go White Sox!!!

vkirkend
04-03-2011, 08:15 PM
That's in my backyard and a shame but put it in your yard and they can't touch it.....

EMAS
04-03-2011, 08:21 PM
Post your name and contact info so we can report you to be arrested for ILLEGAL baskeball playing! It is your duty to the STATE to confess and pay for your crime.

But does it count that I was so young that I probably never actually made a basket and that I highly likely didn't use an actual basket ball?

The not so funny thing from investigating it a little more the person it seems that started it lives down the street and was prevented from parking his car illegally by his neighbor's hoop, lest it get run into or hit by a ball, so he turned in all that he spotted from his daily commute out of the neighborhood. Yet as referenced from google maps that illegal parking goes on in all the cul-de-sac in that neighborhood including a state patrol CV.

MercNasty
04-03-2011, 08:27 PM
Yes it probably should have been in his yard but if the hoop has been there for 60 years why bother it now but they didnt even give him the chance to keep it and get it re-posted in his yard.

sailsmen
04-03-2011, 08:29 PM
But does it count that I was so young that I probably never actually made a basket and that I highly likely didn't use an actual basket ball?...........

We will arrest you and then the State will decide if it was illegal or not. If you made all the baskets you maybe deemed more equal than others in which case the State says you were legal.

As respects the illegal parking - It appears my quote maybe correct that a particular animal is more equal than others.

swordfish
04-03-2011, 08:48 PM
If it helps any she is being investigated and the goal has been returned.

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20110329/NEWS/103290336

Fosters
04-03-2011, 09:03 PM
People who can't mind their own ****ing business and have to force their way of live onto others, piss me off to no end. I bet she's a member of her HOA as well...

If you don't like basketball hoops, you're free to not have a damn hoop. But leave others alone. If you don't like an area because it has too many basketball hoops inches away from a certain line on a certain map, don't ****ing move there.

MercNasty
04-03-2011, 09:37 PM
I am very glad to hear this. One funny thing is someone posted the dumb brawds office phone number and work email address on youtube under the video, 1rst comment said everybody do your part and let the prank calls begin. lmao, justice served. That will be 1 hoop that she wish shouldnt wouldnt of moved or at least wouldnt of lied about letting them keep it. I heard that she took all the others to the scrap yard for lunch money.

If it helps any she is being investigated and the goal has been returned.

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20110329/NEWS/103290336

Mr. Man
04-03-2011, 10:40 PM
Unfortunately this kind of crap happens everyday and the police are usually caught in the middle. I'd bet aside from that lying (police?) woman those uniformed cops were thinking I hope I don't die because of some stupid basketball hoop dispute.

massacre
04-03-2011, 11:01 PM
Sounds like they were using public roadways as public playgrounds.
Roadways are not playgrounds.

If they hadn't been lazy/greedy and just put it on their own property, it wouldn't have been an issue.
To me, it sounds like "monkey-see, monkey-do".
There were probably only a couple of basketball nets in the area, then one person says "well, they have one, so I guess I can have one, too". Pretty soon there's way too many, and then drastic measures need to be taken.
A lot of times laws are not strictly enforced, and then eventually people get used to a law not really being enforced and they think it's not a law anymore.
Then when the law actually is enforced, there's all this "outrage".

Granted, the guy said he had responded to their certified letter and got no response. Sounds like he got the bum's rush, and I do feel bad for him.....
but just because something has been there illegally for 60 years, doesn't make it any less illegal.

Just my .02

Fosters
04-04-2011, 05:28 AM
Sounds like they were using public roadways as public playgrounds.
Roadways are not playgrounds.

If they hadn't been lazy/greedy and just put it on their own property, it wouldn't have been an issue.
To me, it sounds like "monkey-see, monkey-do".
There were probably only a couple of basketball nets in the area, then one person says "well, they have one, so I guess I can have one, too". Pretty soon there's way too many, and then drastic measures need to be taken.
A lot of times laws are not strictly enforced, and then eventually people get used to a law not really being enforced and they think it's not a law anymore.
Then when the law actually is enforced, there's all this "outrage".

Granted, the guy said he had responded to their certified letter and got no response. Sounds like he got the bum's rush, and I do feel bad for him.....
but just because something has been there illegally for 60 years, doesn't make it any less illegal.

Just my .02

I'm sure the 50+ yr old dude and his wife were always out there in the roadway throwing hoops, and hitting cars with the ball... :shake:

SID210SA
04-04-2011, 05:45 AM
I dont know if it was a law 40 plus years ago.....shouldn't he be grandfatherd??? That ***** did lie....if an officer can arrest you for lying....cant an officer also be arrested for the same thing??? That just sucks!! She said they would even put it by his garage for him and then threw it in the back of the truck!! WTF was that???

CBT
04-04-2011, 06:01 AM
......women! :shake:.........

jstevens
04-04-2011, 07:02 AM
Censorship is from the devil. People are just plain f@cken stupid.

When will we stop allowing big brother in our shorts.

massacre
04-04-2011, 07:09 AM
Censorship is from the devil. People are just plain f@cken stupid.

When will we stop allowing big brother in our shorts.

If the basketball nets were on their own private property, big brother wouldn't have been able to do squat.

There is no Constitutional right to use a public street for playing basketball.

Fosters
04-04-2011, 07:39 AM
If the basketball nets were on their own private property, big brother wouldn't have been able to do squat.

There is no Constitutional right to use a public street for playing basketball.

Is there a constitutional right for due process?

ctrlraven
04-04-2011, 07:55 AM
I wonder how much that cost the state to take care.

kernie
04-04-2011, 08:18 AM
I wonder how much that cost the state to take care.

They should have been sent a notice giving them 30 days to remove it. If they don't take it down then it will get taken down and a bill sent.

The law is the law and i can certainly see a safety hazard to kids, duh!

As for some of the "what's wrong with this country" type comments? Maybe that kind of thinking is the problem.

:beer:

PonyUP
04-04-2011, 08:31 AM
They should have been sent a notice giving them 30 days to remove it. If they don't take it down then it will get taken down and a bill sent.

As for some of the "what's wrong with this country" type comments? Maybe that kind of thinking is the problem.

When I stated "whats wrong with this country" I was referring to the official lying when she said they would be able to keep the pole once they removed it from the ground. I agree that where they ahd it is public property and DelDOT would have the right to remove it, just don't lie, I think that is pretty obvious :beer:

Fosters
04-04-2011, 08:37 AM

Some type of notice was sent, the owner replied and never heard back from them, which, from the sounds of it, they were supposed to. Curious how many kids got injured from playing on that hoop, or any of the hoops in the neighborhood... Curious also when it became the government's job to protect stupid people from themselves. You want to play in the street or let your kid play in the street? Suffer the consequences. It is NONE of government's business.

Sure, they had the right to remove it, but IMO, not to take it away, and definitely not to lie about them being able to keep it and then take it...

kernie
04-04-2011, 08:38 AM
Wow, that's all I can realy say right now is, Wow!!!, what the hell have we become in this country? :mad2:

I wasn't really referring to one particular post, though yours does qualify.

MrBluGruv
04-04-2011, 08:58 AM
I think where the ball was seriously dropped here was the failure to communicate on the part of the state.

The way I understand it from that article, there is basically supposed to be an easement so many feet from the edge of the street, and the hoops they pulled up were the ones that were in that easement. They had been sent a letter all the way back in September, which had apparently been responded to by them and their state representative. That's where it all fell to pieces, as apparently no one bothered to respond to whatever questions they had.

The state felt they had the right to confiscate the hoops because in the perfect scenario (for them), the owners of the hoops in question would have forfeited their right to them when the refused to obey the ordinance in regards to their placement, much the same way a car would get towed if illegally parked (after her lying bout, the lady mentioned they could be basically reclaimed downtown just the same way.) Of course it's just silly to defend one ordinance violation (illegal parking) by enforcing another (removal of hoops in street).

On that note, I guess that lady is supposed to be someone important? I dunno, maybe it's just me, but if I was going to run point on an operation that had been planned for quite some time, representing a government entity, I think I'd show up in something a little more professional than one notch above my jammies.

While all this could have been solved by relocating the hoop in some fashion, a lot could ALSO have probably been solved by proper communication. It's kind of pointless to try to explain away why a problem exists if proper methods of communication weren't first exercised.

SC Cheesehead
04-04-2011, 09:33 AM
Some type of notice was sent, the owner replied and never heard back from them, which, from the sounds of it, they were supposed to. Curious how many kids got injured from playing on that hoop, or any of the hoops in the neighborhood... Curious also when it became the government's job to protect stupid people from themselves. You want to play in the street or let your kid play in the street? Suffer the consequences. It is NONE of government's business.

Sure, they had the right to remove it, but IMO, not to take it away, and definitely not to lie about them being able to keep it and then take it...

That's C.Y.C.B.I., bubba... :rolleyes:

PonyUP
04-04-2011, 09:35 AM
Curious also when it became the government's job to protect stupid people

Unfortunately we can't fix stupid, we can only tax them more :lol:

EMAS
04-04-2011, 09:37 AM
Kids playing at that hoop aren't in danger it is a sort of cul-de-sac off of another cul-d-sac there are maybe 30 houses tops past that house and only 1 other house that you must go into that cul-de-sac to get to. I managed to survive living in that neigborhood riding my bike aimlessly around that cul-de-sac and up and down that street.

That hoop was not the start of it, it was one down at the next little cul-de-sac that started this whole mess. This one and some others were turned in to attempt to cover the tracks of the complainant who was annoyed he would have to park both of his cars in his own driveway rather than under the hoop, of his next door neighbor, that started it all.

Yes there is a law against having that hoop there but that doesn't excuse the actions of the officer in question, who failed to act in a professional manner, and out right lied.

It also doesn't excuse the fact that what ever gov't agency ignored the appeals and then just showed up and started taking hoops along one particular traffic route, that the original complainant turned in, but ignored others.

massacre
04-04-2011, 09:50 AM
Curious also when it became the government's job to protect stupid people from themselves.

REALLY?

-seat belt laws
-helmet laws
-anti-smoking laws
-firearms policies
-trans-fat laws

^^^ I think you see where I am going with this one....

BTW I agree with you, the Government's job should not be protecting stupid people from themselves. But they've been doing it for a long, long time now.

massacre
04-04-2011, 09:58 AM
I managed to survive living in that neigborhood riding my bike aimlessly around that cul-de-sac and up and down that street.

Not sure how old you are, but you can't compare the youth of today with the way we grew up. Hell, even the drivers of today, or just people's attitude towards one another today, compared with years ago.
Not sure how it got so screwed up, but I blame hippies.

kernie
04-04-2011, 10:01 AM
Not sure how old you are, but you can't compare the youth of today with the way we grew up. Hell, even the drivers of today, or just people's attitude towards one another today, compared with years ago.

Ha! You are right! The hippies are today's 60 year old white guys, lol, never thought of that.

MrBluGruv
04-04-2011, 10:16 AM
-seat belt laws

This always makes me laugh.

Almost nowhere else will you be able to find a more hilariously-obvious money-grabbing "law" on the books.

Fosters
04-04-2011, 10:16 AM
REALLY?

-seat belt laws
-helmet laws
-anti-smoking laws
-firearms policies
-trans-fat laws

^^^ I think you see where I am going with this one....

BTW I agree with you, the Government's job should not be protecting stupid people from themselves. But they've been doing it for a long, long time now.

Oh, I know it didn't start with these basketball hoops, was more or less of a rhetorical question. :D

Minneapolis has a law that bans smoking in a car with a child under 18... Begs the question, how many tickets would 4 17 yr olds in a convertible with the top down, smoking, get? :lol: Recently, we got one county banning smoking on all county property, even outdoor parks... I'm not a smoker, but this stuff is going too far...

CBT
04-04-2011, 10:44 AM
This always makes me laugh.

Almost nowhere else will you be able to find a more hilariously-obvious money-grabbing "law" on the books.

You have never been thru a divorce have you. I think, by law, I even had to pay the lady that throws the newspaper on my lawn.

EMAS
04-04-2011, 10:51 AM

I'm old enough to know better but young enough to still not care.

I do agree that things are much different today than it was 40 years ago when I lived on that street. However the fact remains that there are no more houses on that dead end street than there were when I lived there, and only 1 other house in that cul-de-sac. As a parent in today's world I certainly didn't let my kids do some of the things I did, but I would have no qualms about my kids shooting hoops in that cul-de-sac based on traffic alone.

The more I think about it the more memories of that neighborhood that keep coming back. My best friend, I and a couple of other kids in the neighborhood had what we called go-karts but were closer to soap box derby cars that we regularly ran down that street, starting about where the red car in the back ground of the pic of the lady sitting up on the pole. Certainly not considered safe in today's world but neither was the fact that we sledded down that same hill in the winter. I should point out that for the time I considered my parents overly protective by standards of the day.

rayjay
04-04-2011, 10:54 AM
The mutts running around today are the direct result of piss poor parenting. You should see what lives next to me and we taxpayers support these POS to raise the next generation of tarded garbage.
As for the reason this thread was started, I fail to see where anyone could defend the right to place personal property on public land (easement/highway) and not expect at some point that it would become a issue. I live on a quiet rural street, but I would not even consider putting a B-Ball hoop next to my road. It would be in my driveway, where it belongs. This same thing happened in my sisters neighborhood. The homeowners did not win. They did not own the property, the town did.

massacre
04-04-2011, 11:19 AM
I'm old enough to know better but young enough to still not care.

I do agree that things are much different today than it was 40 years ago when I lived on that street. However the fact remains that there are no more houses on that dead end street than there were when I lived there, and only 1 other house in that cul-de-sac. As a parent in today's world I certainly didn't let my kids do some of the things I did, but I would have no qualms about my kids shooting hoops in that cul-de-sac based on traffic alone.

The more I think about it the more memories of that neighborhood that keep coming back. My best friend, I and a couple of other kids in the neighborhood had what we called go-karts but were closer to soap box derby cars that we regularly ran down that street, starting about where the red car in the back ground of the pic of the lady sitting up on the pole. Certainly not considered safe in today's world but neither was the fact that we sledded down that same hill in the winter. I should point out that for the time I considered my parents overly protective by standards of the day.

Great post, I agree with a lot that you are saying...
Now, on to these "go-karts"....

I remember building something similar when I was a kid, we used baby carriage wheels/tires, and used a rope to steer it. We'd push it up steep hills and then go like hell down the hill. Brakes were a lever with a wooded block on it that contacted the tire. Primitive mechanical friction brakes, I guess haha. The steering rope doubled as a pull handle to pull it up the hill. I actually crashed the thing once and it was the first time I got stiches...lol.

Also, just as an admission, we didn't have basketball nets, but we did have plastic milk crates with the bottoms cut out, and nailed to telephone poles.
Cheap and effective, and it's actually harder to score a basket than with a regular hoop lol.
But, there was only one in the neighborhood.
Not everyone and their brother decided that they wanted one too, and then every singe telephone pole had one....:shake:
And to be honest, the adults in the neighborhood RAN that neighborhood.
If you were being an idiot, any adult could walk up and give you a dope slap.
They would drag you to your parent's house by the ear and rat you out.
If someone in the neighborhood was being a dick, people would go to their front door and have a talk about it. For the most part, they seemed able to work things out on their own, without having to resort to calling the police over the littlest things.

Kinda like how we used to have to all walk to the bus stop.
The bus would stop once, and like 20 of us would get on the bus.
In my area, they stop every 15 feet and pick up 1 freaking kid!

Granddaddy Marq
04-04-2011, 11:49 AM
Where are the kids supsed to play midnight basketball? Has Hillry sean this?

Mr. Man
04-04-2011, 01:08 PM
The mutts running around today are the direct result of piss poor parenting. You should see what lives next to me and we taxpayers support these POS to raise the next generation of tarded garbage.
As for the reason this thread was started, I fail to see where anyone could defend the right to place personal property on public land (easement/highway) and not expect at some point that it would become a issue. I live on a quiet rural street, but I would not even consider putting a B-Ball hoop next to my road. It would be in my driveway, where it belongs. This same thing happened in my sisters neighborhood. The homeowners did not win. They did not own the property, the town did.
You missed the point Ray. Due process was not completly carried out here. These homeowners would have most likely lost their appeal to keep the hoop but because some state agency decided not to do it's job and respond to the homeonwers in a timely fashion we get the video posted. Shame on Delaware for blowing off the elected representative of these people and prematurely acting before the situation was settled.

SC Cheesehead
04-04-2011, 01:19 PM
And to be honest, the adults in the neighborhood RAN that neighborhood.
If you were being an idiot, any adult could walk up and give you a dope slap.
They would drag you to your parent's house by the ear and rat you out.
If someone in the neighborhood was being a dick, people would go to their front door and have a talk about it.

^^^^^ BIG +1 ^^^^^^

And for the most part, that would put the fear of God in you and keep your azz in line... :up:

massacre
04-04-2011, 01:30 PM
^^^^^ BIG +1 ^^^^^^

And for the most part, that would put the fear of God in you and keep your azz in line... :up:

Absolutely.

We didn't F up because it meant BAD things would happen. And it was the same for everyone, whether it was the Mic or the Guinea or the Polock, or the Kraut or the Limey(everyone had their balls busted about their last name the minute your last name was discovered, this happened equally to everyone, regardless of which nationality it was).
We didn't mess up because we knew it was wrong, and if we got caught, which was more often than not with all of the nosey neighbors around and their big mouths, we would get the snot beat out of us.
And nobody was ripping children from their homes, every parent threw their kids a beating if they needed one.

But if the chick in her pajamas lied, and it appears that she did, that is complete BS.

EMAS
04-04-2011, 04:19 PM
Great post, I agree with a lot that you are saying...
Now, on to these "go-karts"....

I remember building something similar when I was a kid, we used baby carriage wheels/tires, and used a rope to steer it. We'd push it up steep hills and then go like hell down the hill. Brakes were a lever with a wooded block on it that contacted the tire. Primitive mechanical friction brakes, I guess haha. The steering rope doubled as a pull handle to pull it up the hill. I actually crashed the thing once and it was the first time I got stiches...lol.

Yup that pretty much describes ours though if I remember correctly mine had more of a lawn mower wheel, and mine was really cool because I had a big and little combo, sort of like our Marauders.

CBT
04-04-2011, 05:19 PM
Can't they just plant another one?

sailsmen
04-04-2011, 05:38 PM
Unfortunately we can't fix stupid, we can only tax them more :lol:

Funniest I have heard in a long time. :lol:
Thanks!

Davesvt2000
04-04-2011, 06:01 PM
If the pole had been on their own property, then they would have had nothing to worry about.

If they were infact notified by registered mail that it had to be removed, they could have simply moved it a few more feet in from the right of way, further up the lawn, and this would have solved the problem.

Fosters
04-04-2011, 06:09 PM
^^^^^ BIG +1 ^^^^^^

Except in today's world that action would land you in jail for assaulting mommy and daddy's little angel...

http://forcedisconnect.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/EastwoodMyLawn.jpg

I love my MM, that car screams "cranky old bastard lives here" when parked in the driveway... and it will scream that for many years to come :D

rayjay
04-04-2011, 06:17 PM
You missed the point Ray. Due process was not completly carried out here. These homeowners would have most likely lost their appeal to keep the hoop but because some state agency decided not to do it's job and respond to the homeonwers in a timely fashion we get the video posted. Shame on Delaware for blowing off the elected representative of these people and prematurely acting before the situation was settled.

They have redress, the legal system. Its also called elections later this year. The only leg they have to stand on is your point. Possibly the state will have to install the removed b-ball hoops on the homeowners property, not the municipalities.