PDA

View Full Version : crazy Tsunami video

F8LBITEva
04-03-2011, 07:54 PM
What a nightmare. This whole town gets washed away.

cmTb8y84KEQ

MercNasty
04-03-2011, 08:22 PM
man thats scary.

Mr. Man
04-03-2011, 11:04 PM
What's so amazing is just how slow and calm the water surge is, but it's just relentless.

Mike
04-04-2011, 04:25 AM
:eek: I could feel my heart sink to my stomach :depress: Being out there, I bet the sound was deafening :depress:

BigM460
04-04-2011, 06:11 PM
Wow........................... ........Just don't have the words! Biblical stuff for sure.

wickedmerc
04-04-2011, 06:36 PM
I wish I could stop watching this stuff....but I can't. It's horrifically fascinating! Like the proverbial train-wreck. There's another video associated with this 1, about 9mins long, I don't know how the person shot it. I'd be freakin' out! He's as high as he can go, and the water's still coming! God help all those poor people.

CBT
04-05-2011, 04:02 AM
I wish I could stop watching this stuff....but I can't. It's horrifically fascinating! Like the proverbial train-wreck. There's another video associated with this 1, about 9mins long, I don't know how the person shot it. I'd be freakin' out! He's as high as he can go, and the water's still coming! God help all those poor people.
Agreed. Watching this devestation will make you appreciate life. I got an e-mail from a bud on the USS George Washington describing the scene a couple miles off the coast. He said it looked like cities out there. Houses, chunks of land so big the trees on them were still standing straight up, but the ocean depth was close to 2,000 feet so they were not little islands. Said he's never seen so many con-ex boxes floating around. They were hoping to blow up a bunch of stuff because they were navigational hazards but decided it would look too much like they were just doing target practice and it might be taken the wrong way. Terrible times over there for sure.

Bluerauder
04-05-2011, 04:27 AM
What's so amazing is just how slow and calm the water surge is, but it's just relentless.

Not so slow .... water rushing through what used to be the parking lot is moving at about 20 feet per second or about 15 MPH. Watch the green building empty its contents when it smashes into the high rise. That water is fast.

wickedmerc
04-05-2011, 05:24 AM
I bet the guy who shot the above video was thanking his lucky stars for steel re-enforced concrete.

Black Dynamite
04-05-2011, 08:05 AM
I have some idea of what that is like after the flooding we received here in '08. Although on a much smaller scale.

If anyone can handle the scope of this disaster it's the Japanese.

CBT
04-05-2011, 08:12 AM
I have some idea of what that is like after the flooding we received here in '08. Although on a much smaller scale.

If anyone can handle the scope of this disaster it's the Japanese.

Whereabouts do you live at?

TAKEDOWN
04-05-2011, 08:29 AM
Power of the Ocean is no joke!