PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Taken a Marauder (without rev limitation/drive shaft) on the German Autobahn?

WhatsUpDOHC
04-07-2011, 09:04 PM
Hey -

Just wondering if anyone has taken a N/A-stock Marauder with rev limiter and drive shaft change on the Autobahn.

From another thread (What did you do with your Marauder today....), while driving to Balt-mir (Baltimore) this morning, I was wondering what the baby would to on a highway that was truly meant for speed.

The suspension was tight at all speeds and I started wondering about driving on the MAC DADDY of all highways (a.k.a. Autobahn).

Anyone been there?

Mark

Blackmobile
04-07-2011, 10:07 PM
If you think it hasn't been done here in the states then guess again. :rolleyes:

wickedmerc
04-08-2011, 04:04 AM
There's a dude on here, "Coupe" who lives in Germany. Claims to have 1 of 2 known MM's over there.....and "of course" he's been on the Autobahn.

Go2GuyFL
04-08-2011, 08:59 AM
Met an FHP Trooper who said his 2003 Silver Birch would max at 158 MPH.

Fosters
04-08-2011, 11:02 AM
Met an FHP Trooper who said his 2003 Silver Birch would max at 158 MPH.

Just imagine how much faster it would be had he gotten the right color, black... :D

BirchMarauder
04-08-2011, 11:36 AM
silver does make em considerably slower..

ROCOB
04-08-2011, 03:45 PM
This is a little off the Autobahn discussion, but is relative to top speed. Tom Doan breaks it down nicely on pages 3 and 4 of this thread.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=59551

tbone
04-08-2011, 03:56 PM
There's a dude on here, "Coupe" who lives in Germany. Claims to have 1 of 2 known MM's over there.....and "of course" he's been on the Autobahn.

I asked this guy a few times to post a pic of his Marauder in Germany, but he never does, and ignores the post. Makes me wonder.:confused:

tbone
04-08-2011, 03:57 PM
Hey -

Just wondering if anyone has taken a N/A-stock Marauder with rev limiter and drive shaft change on the Autobahn.

From another thread (What did you do with your Marauder today....), while driving to Balt-mir (Baltimore) this morning, I was wondering what the baby would to on a highway that was truly meant for speed.

The suspension was tight at all speeds and I started wondering about driving on the MAC DADDY of all highways (a.k.a. Autobahn).

Anyone been there?

Mark

An MMX driveshaft is a must for this.

Fosters
04-10-2011, 01:59 PM
An MMX driveshaft is a must for this.

What's the deal with the factory driveshaft? :confused:

MyRaider
04-13-2011, 04:43 AM
An oldie, but a goodie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAuoOjUKk_U&playnext=1&list=PL53EA00B53B0D07CB

tbone
04-13-2011, 09:18 AM
What's the deal with the factory driveshaft? :confused:

It's not balanced for high speed. Mine vibrates when I hit about 120, and the car is still pulling strong.

rayjay
04-13-2011, 10:13 AM
I've done a speed run a certain upstate NY limited access highway. My stock drive shaft did not vibrate. Car had the stock suspension at the time and was fairly solid. I'd tempted to try it now with my suspension upgrades since she is rock solid now. Only thing that really concerns me is the general moron motoring public. Like the time I over took a car doing 30 mph on I590 when I was deep in the triple digits... scarey

Fosters
04-13-2011, 11:09 AM
It's not balanced for high speed. Mine vibrates when I hit about 120, and the car is still pulling strong.

Ahh, I see. I've gotten the mustang on the dyno in 5th and 6th up to about 145/190 and didn't notice any vibration... Though that was with a dynotech driveshaft. I probably should go look; does the marauder have that useless iron weight with the rubber bushings on the rear diff, that's supposed to dampen vibrations?