04-08-2011, 01:03 PM
what squeeze?

-Matt-
04-08-2011, 01:05 PM
sigh..........

Fosters
04-08-2011, 02:43 PM
what squeeze?

Government shutdown means military pay withheld until further notice. But that's ok, thank god welfare checks are still going out.

Meanwhile republitards argue about abortion funding and kleptocrats are all up in arms about environmental funding.

I love our government... :mad2:

sailsmen
04-08-2011, 02:52 PM
Excerpts from CBo 7-27-10 report;
"...a growing level of federal debt would also increase the probability of a sudden fiscal crisis, during which investors would lose confidence

in the government’s ability to manage its budget, and the government would thereby lose its ability to borrow at affordable rates.
The exact point at which such a crisis might occur for the United States is unknown, in part because the ratio of federal debt to GDP is climbing into unfamiliar

territory According to the Congressional Budget Office’s (CBO’s) projections, federal debt held by the

public will stand at 62 percent of GDP at the end of fiscal year 2010, having risen from 36 percent at the end of fiscal

year 2007, just before the recession began. In only one other period in U.S. history—during and shortly after

World War II—has that figure exceeded 50 percent.
Unless offsetting actions are taken at some point to pay off the additional government

debt accumulated while the economy was weak, people’s future incomes will tend to be lower than they

otherwise would have been.To the extent that additional tax revenues were generated by increasing marginal

tax rates, those rates would discourage work and saving, further reducing output and incomes
When fiscal crises occur during recessions, as they often do, such policy changes can

exacerbate the economic downturns—although some studies suggest that certain types of fiscal austerity programs

tend, at least in some circumstances, to stimulate economic growth.21

The later that actions are taken to address persistent budget imbalances, the more severe they will have to be.

CBO’s long-term projections for the federal budget indicate that an immediate, permanent cut in spending

or increase in revenues equal to about 1 percent of GDP (relative to the policies assumed for the extended-baseline

scenario) or about 5 percent of GDP (relative to the policies assumed for the alternative fiscal scenario) would

prevent a net increase in the U.S. debt-to-GDP ratio over the next 25 years. The latter would be equivalent to

roughly 20 percent of all of the government’s noninterest spending this year."

All that is required to put the USA back on financial soundess is to reduce Federal Spending to 2008 levels and yet the Fed Gov't is so addicted to GREED it cannot fathom that.

-Matt-
04-08-2011, 03:41 PM
"The Pentagon announced that families of service members killed in the line of duty during a government shutdown would not be paid death benefits. A senior defense official told Pentagon reporters Friday that while typically the $100,000 payment is received within days of a military death, families of fallen soldiers will have to wait for Congress to resolve the budget impasse before any of those payments can be made."

"The Pentagon pays out roughly 100 to 150 deaths benefits a month."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/04/08/government-shutdown-shutdowny/#ixzz1IyRDVwCf

Motorhead350
04-08-2011, 04:02 PM
Anarchy!...................... ...

-Matt-
04-08-2011, 04:18 PM
I guess Freedom IS free!

Krytin
04-08-2011, 04:22 PM
Hey, no money - no work!

The military should load themselves up on all available transports and go home.

When the payroll starts back up they can go on boader patrol here in the USA!

yjmud
04-08-2011, 04:38 PM
I guess Freedom IS free!
yeah it cost a buck o'five

Commodore Crap
04-08-2011, 04:57 PM
I am. As a government worker, I just got the notice of the furlough, and as of monday, will be not going to work and not getting paid. Nice.

-ryan s.

MMBLUE
04-08-2011, 05:01 PM
Working for uncle sam in the Army and support the shut down. WE NEED TO STOP SPENDING. Anyway, by law I have to work for 90 days with out pay. I hope the differences are worked out by then. On the 91st day not sure what i'll do.

Fosters
04-08-2011, 06:43 PM
Hey, no money - no work!

:beer:

Couldn't agree more.

Shaijack
04-08-2011, 06:58 PM
Welcome to the world of the un-der-employed. Billy you are a Silver Tounged Devil....

Commodore Crap
04-08-2011, 07:59 PM
Crisis averted. A deal has been reached. Modding may continued as planned. :-)

-ryan s.

-Matt-
04-08-2011, 08:10 PM
Whew... :wipes sweat off brow:

Commodore Crap
04-08-2011, 08:40 PM
Now I can order that Evenflow kit on wednesday! Woot.

-ryan s.

Fosters
04-08-2011, 09:08 PM
Looks like the dems backed down a bit:

"We have agreed to an historic amount of cuts for the remainder of this fiscal year, as well as a short-term bridge that will give us time to avoid a shutdown while we get that agreement through both houses and to the President. We will cut $78.5 billion below the President's 2011 budget proposal, and we have reached an agreement on the policy riders. In the meantime, we will pass a short-term resolution to keep the government running through Thursday. That short-term bridge will cut the first $2 billion of the total savings."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/04/08/raw-data-boehner-reid-joint-statement-budget-deal/#ixzz1IzmI0b2Q

I fully expected Boehner to compromise on some 10 billion dollar cut or whatever. Somewhat of a bittersweet surprise; it's nice that they're cutting 78 billion, but out of a 3.8 or whatever they were forecasting to spend this year... just seems like a drop in the bucket. We'll see how the 2012 budget goes, that's where the real war is gonna be IMO.

LIGHTNIN1
04-08-2011, 09:21 PM
Guess we can continue the non war in Libya. I know Gadhaffi will be proud of the Prez.

Fosters
04-08-2011, 09:27 PM
Guess we can continue the non war in Libya. I know Gadhaffi will be proud of the Prez.

George Bush hates Libyans! That whole mess is his fault. :lol:

FordNut
04-09-2011, 04:09 AM
Hey, no money - no work!

Since good jobs are in such abundance in the civilian world...

sailsmen
04-09-2011, 01:02 PM
There are 2.75mm Federal Civilian Employees. We were told by the Fed that 800,000 or 29% are "non-essential".

Why is 29% of the Federal Civilian workforce non-essential? In the private sector generally there is ~5% excess employees for growth. WTF are 800,000 "non-essential" Civilian Fed Employees doing at an average cost of $125,000 each in salary and benefits?

I met with a client yesterday who is a minor owner of a company with ~200 employees and ~$20mm in sales. His son has accepted a job working for the Fed fresh out of college with a BA and no experience and he will have a salary of $105K in 5 years with benefits and retirement that no one in the provate sector can match.

His father makes between $115,000 and $150,000 per year and has to fund his own retirement, is "audited" and in many areas personaly liable for;
IRS
EEOC
OSHA
EPA
DEQ
INS
DOT
NLRB
DOL.

His father has to borrow money from a bank, hire a CPA, hire an insurance broker and 4 different types of lawyers.

As a Federal Civilian employee is son has zero personal liability and zero risk.
As a Society we have made the reward of risk, being in business to GENERATE WEALTH, less than the risk. The REWARD is greater to work for the Fed as a Civilian for NO RISK which REDUCES WEALTH.

WE ARE IN A DECLINE of WEALTH.

Pops
04-09-2011, 01:05 PM
There are 2.75mm Federal Civilian Employees. We were told by the Fed that 800,000 or 29% are "non-essential".

Why is 29% of the Federal Civilian workforce non-essential? In the private sector generally there is ~5% excess employees for growth. WTF are 800,000 "non-essential" Civilian Fed Employees doing at an average cost of $125,000 each in salary and benefits?

I met with a client yesterday who is a minor owner of a company with ~200 employees and ~$20mm in sales. His son has accepted a job working for the Fed fresh out of college with a BA and no experience and he will have a salary of $105K in 5 years with benefits and retirement that no one in the provate sector can match.

His father makes between $115,000 and $150,000 per year and has to fund his own retirement, is "audited" and in many areas personaly liable for;
IRS
EEOC
OSHA
EPA
DEQ
INS
DOT
NLRB
DOL.

His father has to borrow money from a bank, hire a CPA, hire an insurance broker and 4 different types of lawyers.

As a Federal Civilian employee is son has zero personal liability and zero risk.
As a Society we have made the reward of risk, being in business to GENERATE WEALTH, less than the risk. The REWARD is greater to work for the Fed as a Civilian for NO RISK which REDUCES WEALTH.

You hit the nail on the head here! :mad2:

Fosters
04-09-2011, 01:21 PM

IRS
EEOC
OSHA
EPA
DEQ
INS
DOT
NLRB
DOL.

Well put. In before someone claims CEOs of companies like that do nothing but sit around all day and get money on the backs of the poor... :depress:

Krytin
04-09-2011, 02:15 PM
Since good jobs are in such abundance in the civilian world...

You may not have read the next line in the quote........

It is cheeper to deploy on US soil than half way around the world.

Motorhead350
04-11-2011, 08:21 PM
Try not having income for months. Try having to find another source. No fun

CBT
04-12-2011, 04:07 AM
Back in the day, the military would promise "Three hots and a cot." Meaning you would be fed 3 times a day and have a place to sleep. By the time I joined, they would only promise 2 meals a day, with a place to sleep. Pay was never promised at any time. Our company sent out a memo last week saying we would be on the payroll for a month if the government shut down, I was kind of hoping to see it.

Badger
04-13-2011, 07:19 AM

IRS
EEOC
OSHA
EPA
DEQ
INS
DOT
NLRB
DOL.

Bullspit. Check your FACTS before you post this nonsense. That is all.

sailsmen
04-13-2011, 09:20 AM
I have checked my facts. You are a WRONG Poster. Educate yourself and free your self from the bonds of your IGNORANCE before you disparage others.
8-13-2010
By Dennis Cauchon, USA TODAY
At a time when workers' pay and benefits
have stagnated, federal employees' average
compensation has grown to more than
double what private sector workers earn, a
USA TODAY analysis finds.
Federal workers have been awarded bigger
average pay and benefit increases than
private employees for nine years in a row.
The compensation gap between federal and
private workers has doubled in the past
decade.
Federal civil servants earned average pay
and benefits of $123,049 in 2009 while
private workers made $61,051 in total
compensation, according to the Bureau of Economic Analysis.
The data are the latest available.

Miami Herald Wednesday, 04.06.11

Who stays on job in federal government shutdown?
.A shutdown of the federal government doesn’t mean all federal employees won’t be on the job.
By Steven Thomma
McClatchy Newspapers
WASHINGTON -- Social Security checks would still go out. So would tax payments and refunds for e-filed returns. Soldiers would remain on duty in Afghanistan and Iraq, and sailors off the coast of Libya. FBI agents would still work. Mail would be delivered.

Those are some of the services that would continue even if the federal government runs out of money at 12:01 am Saturday with no agreement to extend the budget.

But much of the government would shut down.

Roughly 800,000 federal employees would be furloughed, including many civilian workers in the Defense Department, much of the White House staff, and at least some of Congress's staff. National parks would close.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/04/06/2153836/who-stays-on-job-in-federal-government.html#ixzz1JQAb0bQA

CNNMoney
By Jessica Dickler, staff writerApril 7, 2011: 4:01 PM ET

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Ron Thatcher may not get paid next week because he's "non-essential."

Thatcher is one of 800,000 federal workers who could be collateral damage in the budget battle between Congress and the White House. If the two can't find a compromise by Friday, the federal government will shut down and leave employees without pay.

236Email Print Most, like Thatcher, will be considered "non-essential" and told to stay home. Those who are deemed "essential" to the protection of human life and property -- get to come to work, but still don't get paid

CBO March, 2007 Report
Today, more than 100 federal agencies employ about
2.7 million civilian workers—or roughly 2 percent of the
total U.S. workforce

I have known this client for over 30 years. I have their payrolls and financial information. I have prepped him for several audits by various Gov't agencies and over the past 7 years he has been "audited" by everyone in my above list. INS just occurred 2 weeks ago.

SID210SA
04-13-2011, 09:32 AM
Crisis averted. A deal has been reached. Modding may continued as planned. :-)

-ryan s.

Whew... :wipes sweat off brow:

I was told by my neighbor that all active military are having their pay cut in half during these budget cuts that kept the gov. running. That sucks...just stick it to the people that are fighting for our freedom why dont ya!!

Haggis
04-13-2011, 09:47 AM
I will say it again, ever politician should cut their pay by 25% to 50%. Nough said!!!

PonyUP
04-13-2011, 10:08 AM
I will say it again, ever politician should cut their pay by 25% to 50%. Nough said!!!

+ 1 Million, or better yet, why pay them at all. They are living off of their campaign war chests anyway and then when they leave their position they make oodles on the lecture circuit or as an honorary board member. Hell spitzer was banging Hookers, left office and is now making bank on CNN and doing the talk show as an analyst.

Let's do like Casey said with the military, all members of congress get 2 hots and a cot, have to go on Obamacare and I say we cap any of their earnings for anything in personal wealth at $100K. Force them to live in the middle class and maybe they'll stop screwing us