PDA

View Full Version : Made a mistake that makes me sick!!!!!

UAW 588
12-29-2003, 09:54 PM
Well guys I decided today was the day to get a pair of Silver Stars. So, I drove up to Pep Boys and purchase a pair. Went home and started to install them. Started with the driver's side first. Took out the head lamp carefully, a little tight, but took my time. Switched out the bulb and replaced the head lamp. That was easy enough; a little time consuming, but easy. Made my way over to the passenger side. I started to remove the head lamp carefully like the other, when my heart sank to my stomach. It seems the side maker lamp binded up and a CHUNK of plastic cracked off. I could of cried like a baby. What the heck did I do. Stupid me didn't even think of loosing the side marker first. Duh!!!! Well it was a costly mistake, but it is said you learn by them. I hope they are right. Now I have to hunt down the part number and order a new one. My brother-in-law received a pair for Christmas, boy will I make sure he doesn't make the same STUPID mistake I did. :depress: :depress: :cry: :cry: :cry:

P.S. If anyone knows the part number of the passenger side marker lamp it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

martyo
12-30-2003, 04:00 AM
UAW - You should check on e-bay. A bunch of MM's get parted out and you probably can get the marker light that way cheaper than buying new.

On the other hand, if you want new, check in with Jefferso Mo or The Dealer and they will set you straight on part numbers and prices.

By the way, a while back I sent you a PM. Did you ever get it?

Marauderjack
12-30-2003, 05:01 AM
http://www.fordpartsnetwork.com/
Ford Parts Network Your Source for up to 50% off Genuine OEM Ford / Motorcraft Parts and Accessories

Try these guys.....They are top notch and ship parts ASAP!!:D

Good Luck,
Marauderjack:cool:

01True BlueGT
12-30-2003, 06:31 AM
3W3Z-13200-BA MSRP $60.70. I hope this helps.

jfclancy
12-30-2003, 08:07 AM
WOW
Gotta love this site, less than 12 hours and ....DONE

Joe Clancy

UAW 588
12-30-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by 01True BlueGT
3W3Z-13200-BA MSRP $60.70. I hope this helps.

Thank You for yours and everyone in finding me the right info. I'm a Ford employee and can get parts at a A-Plan discount price. I have a 1-800 number just set up for employees. I get a great price, no taxes charged,and best of all free shiping. Today I'm going to help my brother-in-law install his Silver Stars on his Marauder,and will supervise him on how to correctly install them without dammage. I learned from experience.