PDA

View Full Version : Abondoned Mansions

SID210SA
04-12-2011, 11:28 AM
Thought I would share some, in my opinion, neat video's of some old abondoned mansions....you could see some of the great architecture that went into these places.

Here is one I stumbled on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nEeF_UuYMw&NR=1

and here is Mike Tyson's place:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8E2nEbPRVA

This one is just awesome.....well it was in its hayday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZkP4Fsmatg

Just of few of the many.

Mike

ImpalaSlayer
04-12-2011, 02:29 PM
those are pretty cool. abandoned stuff has always interested me

justmelanie
04-12-2011, 02:39 PM
Wow! Very cool!

justbob
04-12-2011, 06:55 PM
Never could understand how houses could just be abandoned??

stryker
04-12-2011, 11:53 PM
That's very easy, have you imagine the monumental cost of the maintenance of a mansion like that ? I don't understand how they waste money in bigger houses which later they leave behind. but talkink about abandon houses it is true about the legend of the enchanted house in Amityville ? :eek:

sedreshaL
04-14-2011, 01:05 AM
That's really cool how I wish I could own something like that. It could be a great achievement, owning so0mething like this could increase my assets which I could use to apply for a huge and, invest to increase my income. Then I don't have to take out personal loans (http://personalmoneystore.com/personal-loans/) just to make the ends meet. Anyway, that's too good to be true and I don't think I can handle that kind of property but it was really cool.

CBT
04-14-2011, 03:40 AM
That's really cool how I wish I could own something like that. It could be a great achievement, owning so0mething like this could increase my assets which I could use to apply for a huge and, invest to increase my income. Then I don't have to take out personal loans (http://personalmoneystore.com/personal-loans/) just to make the ends meet. Anyway, that's too good to be true and I don't think I can handle that kind of property but it was really cool.

Or spam websites with this ********.

SID210SA
04-14-2011, 06:44 AM
Or spam websites with this ********.

Trying to be sneaky......lol

Vortex
04-14-2011, 06:45 AM
That Tyson house is sad. Ive always wondered why the owners just dont cut their losses and sell to the highest bidder rather than hang onto this stuff and let it rot. (Same goes for great old cars rusting away that the owner wont sell be cause he has plans to restore it someday.)

CBT
04-14-2011, 07:13 AM
That Tyson house is sad. Ive always wondered why the owners just dont cut their losses and sell to the highest bidder rather than hang onto this stuff and let it rot. (Same goes for great old cars rusting away that the owner wont sell be cause he has plans to restore it someday.)

Cars in barns, I go to that site weekly for the updates. Sad, sad, sad.

Black Dynamite
04-14-2011, 10:24 AM
Exploring old abandoned properties when I was a kid is how I wound up being an archaeologist. Cool vids, thanks for the post Mike!

SID210SA
04-14-2011, 10:37 AM
Exploring old abandoned properties when I was a kid is how I wound up being an archaeologist. Cool vids, thanks for the post Mike!

Your very welcome sir....and to all....I love things like this and ship wrecks, lost airplanes and the barn finds....

CBT
04-14-2011, 11:10 AM
Your very welcome sir....and to all....I love things like this and ship wrecks, lost airplanes and the barn finds....
If you lived closer, I'd take you digging for bottles and such.

SID210SA
04-14-2011, 11:57 AM
Thanks....but I dont think I want my head down and a** up around you.....J/K...I should have been an archaeologist....I love finding old stuff.

CBT
04-14-2011, 01:01 PM
LMAO! Hey we find coins, too. I like the old sodas and beers and medicines from prior to 1909 when the FDA told them to stop making crazy claims on the bottles. My oldest beer bottle is from a company that was only in existance from 1840 to 1850. Fun stuff, great exercise.

Thanks....but I dont think I want my head down and a** up around you.....J/K...I should have been an archaeologist....I love finding old stuff.

Haggis
04-15-2011, 04:04 AM
LMAO! Hey we find coins, too. I like the old sodas and beers and medicines from prior to 1909 when the FDA told them to stop making crazy claims on the bottles. My oldest beer bottle is from a company that was only in existance from 1840 to 1850. Fun stuff, great exercise.

He also collects cans on the side of the road and takes them to the recycling center, so he can buy cigs and beer.

Black Dynamite
04-15-2011, 10:27 AM

Being an archaeologist was easily the greatest job I've ever had. It's the only time I've ever woken up and couldn't wait to get to work. The problem is it doesn't pay s**t.

There's no reason you can't at least enjoy some aspect of archaeology. Contact the anthropology/archaeology dept at the nearest university to you. They may know of a few projects in the area that could use some volunteer help. :cool:

SID210SA
04-15-2011, 11:09 AM
Being an archaeologist was easily the greatest job I've ever had. It's the only time I've ever woken up and couldn't wait to get to work. The problem is it doesn't pay s**t.

There's no reason you can't at least enjoy some aspect of archaeology. Contact the anthropology/archaeology dept at the nearest university to you. They may know of a few projects in the area that could use some volunteer help. :cool:

Sounds like a plan....Thanks, I will try that.