PDA

View Full Version : Ok, now this is all 2003Marauder's fault!

woaface
12-31-2003, 10:35 AM
I got a pair of Sylvania Silverstars last night ($37something plus tax at wal-mart.) How the hell do I install them? I hate to ask now. Anyways, I know how to get the light bulb socket out, and then replace the old with the new, but how the heck do I get there!? Even with my lithe hands I don't think I can get them that deep (at least with the car). Owners manual is out of state with my dad...he mixed up Marquis and Villager some how.

Anyone who did something stupid, don't forget to tell me: )
Thanks!

-James

woaface
12-31-2003, 10:49 AM
And I'm supposed to get 9006? or 9007? Is that the difference of how they're built?

Haggis
12-31-2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by woaface
And I'm supposed to get 9006? or 9007? Is that the difference of how they're built?

You want the 9007.

woaface
12-31-2003, 11:28 AM
OopS! That looks dumb eh? I got them but still don't know which ones I need to buy? I was THINKING ABOUT buying them last night. They are $37 somethin plus tax. I'm on the job and I'm thinking too quickly:D SHHH!

UAW 588
12-31-2003, 11:59 AM
I'm sort of a semi pro at this. I have installed mine and my brother-in-law's in the last two days. You have to take out the head lamp assembly. Read your owners manual and it will instruct you how to. Be cautious when removing the head lamp. I cracked my passenger side marker lamp and had to order a new one today. I suggest loosing the side marker lamp first before taking out the head lamp. We did this with my brother-in-law's Marauder and it helped. But be very careful when pulling it out. I hate to see you do the same mistake that I did. Also when you get the head lamp out, be careful on how you disconect the plug from the OEM bulb. The clip is very fragile and can snap if you don't pay attention to what you are doing. I snapped one side of a clip, but the other remained to hold the plug in palce. I hope this bit of info can be helpful. I also marked the 3 plastic brackets with a pencil prior to removing to get the right location when replacing. This way I'm sure the head lamp allignment is square one. Good Luck.

:lol: :banana2:

P.S. : The number for the bulbs is 9007ST.

Big Red
12-31-2003, 12:23 PM
What UAW588 said is correct,

Disconnect the headlight coupling that is behind the grill, then you have 3 bolts behind the headlight housing that you have to take off (make sure you don't drop them), once they are removed you need to slide the light housing out but be careful not to scratch the front bumper sliding them out (they can be tricky). Replace the bulb and install the same way you took them out.

It took me about 10 min a side.

UAW 588
12-31-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Big Red
(make sure you don't drop them), .

Yes, don't drop them. I lost two of them that fell down into the bumper cover and couldn't find them. I had to buy replacements from the Auto Zone. Not OEM, but they worked. I'll get OEM's when I go back to work. I find them on empty shipping racks all the time when they come back from assembly plants. Good Luck.

:lol: :banana2:

woaface
12-31-2003, 06:04 PM
Thanks all...!