PDA

View Full Version : I am so proud of.................

guspech750
04-17-2011, 09:16 AM
I thought I would start a new thread about who you are proud of.

I am very proud of my wife. On top of lifes obsticles, she is the best wife and mother of our daughter I could have ever imagined. On top of that she is one of the best and most caring nurses you would ever meet and hopefully you never will have to meet her at work as that means something is really wrong with you. Also. On top of being all of the above. Two years ago she decided to go back to school and enter into dual masters program. She is currently working on getting a masters in nursing and a Masters in business. So on top of lifes obsticles, work, family, her own illnesses, and other family members illnesses. She has maintained a 4.0 GPA through everyting life has thrown at her. Truely amazing considering she was an above average student in High School and College. So a few days ago she was inducted into the Honor Society of Nursing. A truely special event for her and myself. To finally see her be rewarded for all her hard work. Ultimately graduation is the best reward but it was awesome to see her rewarded for all her hard work. I am SO proud of her!!

http://tapa.tk/mu/63b4cffb-11e9-ec22.jpg

So. Who are you proud of? Post up.

Sent from my iPhone
Go White Sox!!!

SC Cheesehead
04-17-2011, 10:33 AM
Outstanding, Joe!
Two more points in her favor:

1. She likes Marauders. :up:
2. She puts up with you. ;)

What's not to love about a gal like that! :2thumbs:

I'm proud of my wife as well. She, too, went back to school after getting the family and her career established. Entered a completely new profession (Medical Lab Technology) and is very successful in it.

She's followed me all around the country as my career has advanced, and has put up with over a half-dozen relocations without complaints. And she puts up with the "Big Dumb Kid" she married over 32 years ago, for the most part keeping me in line. She's been a wonderful companion, my best friend, and a great mother to our kids.

Oh, and I need to add both of them to my list as well. I have a great daughter and son, and a new son-in-law that I love like my own.

I'm very blessed, no doubt about that.

CBT
04-17-2011, 12:18 PM
Joe I am also proud of Heather as well as your daughter for putting up with you. :beer: Just kidding, like I said the other night, give her :grouphug: from me and Jr.

DOOM
04-17-2011, 02:01 PM
She's too good for you! :flamer:

:jk:

You're a lucky man bro! :beer:

PonyUP
04-17-2011, 02:22 PM
Joe, thats a great accomplishment for Heather, and has been mentioned above, she truly becomes an angel for puttin up with you.

Seriously though, congrats to Heather.

As I am not married, I'd have to say I am most proud of my bud's Bob and Mel. For a wide variety of reasons that they already know about, but really because every obstacle they face, they do it head on. I guess its more admiration than pride.

But the two of them have been family to me for over 20 years and have enhanced my life so much :beer:

Mercguy04
04-17-2011, 02:26 PM
Sometimes I wonder, "Can't live with them, Can't live without them. In the end, there
isn't a moment I would want to be without her. She is my life's dream, partner, lover,
best friend, and confident.
She puts up with me having to leave at a moments notice to chase bad guys, being gone for days at a time. If that is not unsettling I don't know what is.
Last but not least I love her everyday, and she cooks good too.
Russell

Dragcity
04-17-2011, 02:30 PM
Rule number one is:

Always merry UP!

Vortex
04-17-2011, 02:39 PM
Congrats to your wife! (May want to reconsider posting that diploma pic with all the 419 fraud.)

justmelanie
04-17-2011, 02:46 PM

I am very proud of my wife. On top of lifes obsticles, she is the best wife and mother of our daughter I could have ever imagined. On top of that she is one of the best and most caring nurses you would ever meet and hopefully you never will have to meet her at work as that means something is really wrong with you. Also. On top of being all of the above. Two years ago she decided to go back to school and enter into dual masters program. She is currently working on getting a masters in nursing and a Masters in business. So on top of lifes obsticles, work, family, her own illnesses, and other family members illnesses. She has maintained a 4.0 GPA through everyting life has thrown at her. Truely amazing considering she was an above average student in High School and College. So a few days ago she was inducted into the Honor Society of Nursing. A truely special event for her and myself. To finally see her be rewarded for all her hard work. Ultimately graduation is the best reward but it was awesome to see her rewarded for all her hard work. I am SO proud of her!!

http://tapa.tk/mu/63b4cffb-122a-6521.jpg

Sent from my iPhone
Go White Sox!!!

YAY, Heather!! I don't know how you do it. :D

Joe, thats a great accomplishment for Heather, and has been mentioned above, she truly becomes an angel for puttin up with you.

Seriously though, congrats to Heather.

As I am not married, I'd have to say I am most proud of my bud's Bob and Mel. For a wide variety of reasons that they already know about, but really because every obstacle they face, they do it head on. I guess its more admiration than pride.

But the two of them have been family to me for over 20 years and have enhanced my life so much :beer:

AWWWW! Thanks! Love you and miss you, brother!

I am proud of my hubby. He started a whole new career, went to night school for it for 5 years (one of which he also had to come home and take care of me, the kids, and the house). He has been my rock through some real tough times. He is a great daddy to our 3 kids, and a great friend who is always willing to help others. I am blessed to have loved him for the last 20+ years. :lovies:

MMarauder03
04-17-2011, 03:27 PM
I'm proud of my step-sister Alli for overcoming her addiction to drugs! My family hasn't necessarily been there for her and I but we manage. I moved in with her a few years back to help her out because she was struggling with cocaine. Finally got her free of that $H!T and she's back on the straight and narrow! I love her to death and I'm really glad that her life has been absolutely turned around! :) Now she manages a Ruby Tuesday's and has her own place and car! My only complaint is that she doesn't like my MM. :flamer: mm.net wont let me upload her picture...

guspech750
04-17-2011, 05:13 PM
I'm proud of my step-sister Alli for overcoming her addiction to drugs! My family hasn't necessarily been there for her and I but we manage. I moved in with her a few years back to help her out because she was struggling with cocaine. Finally got her free of that $H!T and she's back on the straight and narrow! I love her to death and I'm really glad that her life has been absolutely turned around! :) Now she manages a Ruby Tuesday's and has her own place and car! My only complaint is that she doesn't like my MM. :flamer: mm.net wont let me upload her picture...

That's a great story!! My step brother lived in the gutter for 10+ years. No one heard from him. During that time. Now about two years ago. He cleaned up his act cold turkey moved to Wisconsin got a very good job has a house and takes care of his son.

I am very proud of him too. I'd still like to kick his ass in for all the beatings I took. :) But I think 10+ years living in hell is enough.

Sent from my iPhone
Go White Sox!!!

guspech750
04-17-2011, 05:15 PM
Congrats to your wife! (May want to reconsider posting that diploma pic with all the 419 fraud.)

Good point!! And I took care of that!! Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone
Go White Sox!!!

Bluerauder
04-17-2011, 05:31 PM
I am very proud of my wife. ... Two years ago she decided to go back to school and enter into dual masters program. She is currently working on getting a masters in nursing and a Masters in business.

You are rightfully proud of her accomplishments. Congratulations Heather .... keep up the great work. Well done on the Masters. :congrats:

As for me, I am extremely proud of my 3 kids ..... they all turned out to be terrific adults ... probably most of the credit goes to my wife. ;)

#1 Son graduated from the Virginia Military Institute (VMI) with a BS in Physics. He is now a Major in the US Army with 12 years active service. He graduates from Kansas State University (KSU) with his Masters in May 2001 and from the US Army CGSC chool at Fort Leavenworth, KS in July 2011. He is moving on to bigger and better things this fall.

#2 Daughter graduated from Longwood University and has been teaching 3rd grade for the county public school system for 7 years. She starts her Master in Education in the fall.

#3 Son tried the Northern Virginia Community College route and has been working as a TSA Security Officer at Dulles Airport for the past 4 years and is moving up the supervisory chain very quickly. This boy is very energetic and takes responsibility to get things done. He is the one who convinced me to buy the Marauder.

They are all doing very well in their chosen professions ..... and are all bound for success in life..... what more can you ask for?

MMarauder03
04-17-2011, 06:30 PM
That's a great story!! My step brother lived in the gutter for 10+ years. No one heard from him. During that time. Now about two years ago. He cleaned up his act cold turkey moved to Wisconsin got a very good job has a house and takes care of his son.

I am very proud of him too. I'd still like to kick his ass in for all the beatings I took. :) But I think 10+ years living in hell is enough.

Sent from my iPhone
Go White Sox!!!

Thanks man. It means a lot to hear people that have similar experiences and have gotten through them as well. :beer: Where's the toss a member a beer button?

justbob
04-17-2011, 08:26 PM
Thanks Melanie and thank you Brad!

Well lets find the sap button here, Ahh, there it is...

My beautifull wife! I met her when I was 14 and we started dating two days later, but she never left me?? HAHA I have been known to be arrogant, short tempered, rude, and I guess an all around asshat, BUT, I make up for it in other ways :) All kidding aside, I have no idea what I would do without her?? I mean really, 23 years of my 37 in existance? She is an oustanding mother, she supports my sickness of cars 100%, back rubs, love and support, and lots and lots of nasty, nevermind.. Almost like two best friends for life, helping each other concour the world!

Admired Friends? Brad! Here's a guy that won't stop at ANYTHING to help. Any time, any day, always there. He has been my personal free shrienk since H.S. days. He truly knows just how messed up I am LOL!

My Mother! My dad split when I was 8 and my sister had just been born.. We had NOTHING! No outside help whatsoever. She wasn't the nicest, sweetest mother around LOL But she used to be and I remember those days very well. She made sure we had a roof, food, and clothes, and in just a few years things started to get back on track. I don't think I would have the same strength she displayed.

.net, I have made so many friends here that still amazes me today! Really? A car forum?? People ask. They think I have went mental.. Well I did, but that is another story. I am in contact (usually via something midget or naked or both getting texted, but still in contact regaurdless..) EVERY single day with some of you!! We hang out, share work horror stories, and rarely even talk about cars. Blows my mind how close we have become. Forget the stupid car, we are well beyond that.

Thats all I gots??

slickster
04-17-2011, 08:45 PM
I'm proud of people passing me when I drive the mm. I'm proud of w bush. And I'm proud of guspech's wife

Bradley G
04-18-2011, 01:19 AM
I am too!
You Go Girl! :banana:

Mike
04-18-2011, 04:29 AM
Congrats Heather and Joe :banana: Me, I'm most proud of Trish and my kids. After I got divorced from the ex, my kids HAD to put up with the guy she bought into their lives w/o talking to them about it. He was a COMPLETE dick to the kids for about 5+ years and now that she's finally divorced him, my kids are soooooooo much happier :D I am also VERY proud of having Trish in my life :lovies: I have NEVER met someone with a heart as big as hers and I'm beyond happy and proud that Trish is in my life :lovies:

guspech750
04-18-2011, 07:36 AM
Congrats Heather and Joe :banana: Me, I'm most proud of Trish and my kids. After I got divorced from the ex, my kids HAD to put up with the guy she bought into their lives w/o talking to them about it. He was a COMPLETE dick to the kids for about 5+ years and now that she's finally divorced him, my kids are soooooooo much happier :D I am also VERY proud of having Trish in my life :lovies: I have NEVER met someone with a heart as big as hers and I'm beyond happy and proud that Trish is in my life :lovies:

Yeah. Trish is pretty cool. Unlike her husband!!:)

Sent from my iPhone
Go White Sox!!!

CBT
04-18-2011, 07:37 AM

Sent from my iPhone
Go White Sox!!!
KA-BLaMMO!! He's not cool, he's hot. :lovies2:

dakslim
04-18-2011, 07:47 AM

Sent from my iPhone
Go White Sox!!!

Great story! I'm proud of Rita as she keeps coming back to go to Marauder meets with me...even though she's met a lot of youse guys.:eek:

CBT
04-18-2011, 07:50 AM
Great story! I'm proud of Rita as she keeps coming back to go to Marauder meets with me...even though she's met a lot of youse guys.:eek:

She's kind of quiet, but I like her :beer:

dakslim
04-18-2011, 07:52 AM
She's kind of quiet, but I like her :beer:

Only around you, Casey...she's a little frightened of you.:lol:

guspech750
04-18-2011, 08:25 AM
Only around you, Casey...she's a little frightened of you.:lol:

Lol!!!! You and your ladyfriend are cool!! My ladyfriend will be back next year as she has told me. :)

Sent from my iPhone
Go White Sox!!!

CBT
04-18-2011, 09:12 AM
Lol!!!! You and your ladyfriend are cool!! My ladyfriend will be back next year as she has told me. :)

Sent from my iPhone
Go White Sox!!!

For the second annual 'Meet inside The Meet', AKA Pajama Party USA.

Haggis
04-18-2011, 09:22 AM

We are happy that Trish is in your life too Mr. Barcelona.

SC Cheesehead
04-18-2011, 09:37 AM
.net, I have made so many friends here that still amazes me today! Really? A car forum?? People ask. They think I have went mental.. Well I did, but that is another story. I am in contact (usually via something midget or naked or both getting texted, but still in contact regaurdless..) EVERY single day with some of you!! We hang out, share work horror stories, and rarely even talk about cars. Blows my mind how close we have become. Forget the stupid car, we are well beyond that.

You nailed it, bubba. The folks here are FAMILY.

We are happy that Trish is in your life too Mr. Barcelona.

Yup.

Anybody that can put up with "Goldmember" HAS to be quite a gal... ;)----->:D

CBT
04-18-2011, 09:40 AM
You nailed it, bubba. The folks here are FAMILY.

Yup.

Anybody that can put up with "Goldmember" HAS to be quite a gal... ;)----->:D

LMAO! Nice!

PonyUP
04-18-2011, 09:42 AM
LMAO! Nice!

Imagine what Mike would have worn to LCR if he didn't have Trish

SC Cheesehead
04-18-2011, 09:46 AM

SHUDDER! One can only ponder...

CBT
04-18-2011, 09:47 AM

.......Joe?......

guspech750
04-18-2011, 12:43 PM
For the second annual 'Meet inside The Meet', AKA Pajama Party USA.

Next year. PJ party with Jonas Brother tunes and dvd's of SpongeBob Squarepants!!

Sent from my iPhone
Go White Sox!!!

dakslim
04-18-2011, 03:48 PM
To loosly quote Zack at Louisville "yeah, you have a Marauder, I have a Marauder, they're black and shiny" and some other colors, hmmm, the last ones might have been my words, "but we're here to have fun".

CBT
04-18-2011, 05:34 PM
To loosly quote Zack at Louisville "yeah, you have a Marauder, I have a Marauder, they're black and shiny" and some other colors, hmmm, the last ones might have been my words, "but we're here to have fun".

If someone didn't have fun there, they were comatose.

knine
04-18-2011, 05:37 PM
some had fun there, then they were comatose.
Fixed for ya :D

CBT
04-18-2011, 05:44 PM
Fixed for ya :D

Oye! That sounds about right. :beer: