PDA

View Full Version : Car went bye bye today...

Logan
12-31-2003, 01:49 PM
...into the Paint shop that is...

It'll be gone for a couple weeks getting it's new black base and Blue pearl clear coat applied...

I'm also getting the rear emblem shaved off and the spoiler seams are being filled and blended into the body.

2003 MIB
12-31-2003, 01:51 PM
No two tone?

jrzygrl
12-31-2003, 01:54 PM
Interesting, you will post pic's of the finished product I hope. What kind of effect does the layering have?

RCSignals
12-31-2003, 02:22 PM
It should look great. Hopefully the filled spoiler seams won't crack

kurly
12-31-2003, 02:28 PM
That Pimpin' paint scheme sounds cool!

Logan
12-31-2003, 02:35 PM
MIB - I ain't brave enough to do it...

jrzy- The Blue pearl in the clearcoat gives it a blue metallic "haze" to it when view under direct sunlight or from various angles. Otherwise, it'll just look black.

RC - Bite your tongue! :) My actually knows what he's doing. I'm not worried about it at all. It's pretty straight forward...

RCSignals
12-31-2003, 02:42 PM
It'll still look great. :)

Fourth Horseman
12-31-2003, 03:29 PM
Can't wait to see the photos! It should look great, even worth the 2 months on lacquer smell in your car. :)

BillyGman
12-31-2003, 03:36 PM
I thought that Laquer paint products for cars were all banned a long time ago:confused: Sorry if I'm in the dark about this......

JamesHecker
12-31-2003, 03:59 PM
[i]
jrzy- The Blue pearl in the clearcoat gives it a blue metallic "haze" to it when view under direct sunlight or from various angles. Otherwise, it'll just look black.[/B]

Wow. This sounds like it is going to look great! Can't wait to see it!

bigslim
12-31-2003, 04:55 PM
Maybe yours can be at SEMA next year with the Trilogy #2 car. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Logan
12-31-2003, 04:57 PM
Maybe... Lord knows it's getting ALOT of stuff done to it... I've got 14" 6 piston caliper brakes coming soon too...

SHERIFF
12-31-2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Logan
I've got 14" 6 piston caliper brakes coming soon too...

Jumbo jets don't have brakes that big! :)

SergntMac
12-31-2003, 07:38 PM
SHERIFF...Steve, is it?

I tried to e-mail you about this. You'r e-mail is disabled, likewise, my PMs. So, the only way you and I can discuss this, is here in the open. I don't like to say this stuff out loud here, unless it's my last resort. That's what this is now, K?

Consider knocking off the "big picture" in your sig? I enjoy them...Once. After my first view, your sig takes sooooooo long to loooooad that I am now passing on reading threads that contain any post from you.

I don't like skiping threads, maybe you could skip the graphics?

If you look at the customary behavior here, most of our sigs do not include a lot of "large and colorful" pics.

We use our sigs to report any new changes, and to update new members and visitors, maybe give them a hint of what they may expect from the avrage MM owner.

Therefore, we want to exploit, and expedite, delivery of our message with our sigs. That is now inhibited by the slow loading of your sig. Please change that?

You're welcome to hang with us, just hang like us, K?

Logan
12-31-2003, 08:05 PM
Sherriff's been cool and so are you my man and I have to agree, the screen real estate and 60+k of the sig pics is a pain for those less fortunate that have to live on dial-up.

Thanks guys! I'd prefer to see sig pics down less than 15k if possible.

SHERIFF
12-31-2003, 08:18 PM
test new size

sorry we highjacked your paint subject.

gonzo50
12-31-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Logan
Maybe... Lord knows it's getting ALOT of stuff done to it... I've got 14" 6 piston caliper brakes coming soon too...
I know that color scheme will look great, couldn't wait on the trilogy front & rear bumper, eh...

Those 14" 6 piston calipers, are they the ones from TCE ? You must show when complete, please. Thanks. ;)

2003_MM_FYRE49
01-01-2004, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by SergntMac
SHERIFF...Steve, is it?

I tried to e-mail you about this. You'r e-mail is disabled, likewise, my PMs. So, the only way you and I can discuss this, is here in the open. I don't like to say this stuff out loud here, unless it's my last resort. That's what this is now, K?

Consider knocking off the "big picture" in your sig? I enjoy them...Once. After my first view, your sig takes sooooooo long to loooooad that I am now passing on reading threads that contain any post from you.

I don't like skiping threads, maybe you could skip the graphics?

If you look at the customary behavior here, most of our sigs do not include a lot of "large and colorful" pics.

We use our sigs to report any new changes, and to update new members and visitors, maybe give them a hint of what they may expect from the avrage MM owner.

Therefore, we want to exploit, and expedite, delivery of our message with our sigs. That is now inhibited by the slow loading of your sig. Please change that?

You're welcome to hang with us, just hang like us, K?

Once again, well said mac! :beer:

Tim :fire: 49

SHERIFF
01-01-2004, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by 2003_MM_FYRE49
Once again, well said mac! :beer:
Tim

I agree with Mac. I had no idea there were still people in the USA on dialup.

I heard a guy whining about having to bend over so far for a water fountain in a public building one day. He had dropped his book and cell phone while bending over so far and was furious. I asked him "what about that one guy in a wheelchair that passes through here today, what about him?" He looked around and told me, "Well, I guess you are right!"