PDA

View Full Version : Insurance Savings

rayjay
04-20-2011, 10:51 AM
FWIW, I just switched to Traveler's for my three cars. They beat GEICO by a large amount and wrote a full year policy. :beer:
GEICO would have been roughly $900 for 6 months. Traveler's was less than $300 more for a full year. This will put me at under a $1K for the whole year as the MM is only on the road 6 months. Catching a break for once feels good.

SID210SA
04-20-2011, 10:56 AM
WOW....I should look into this....I am paying 900 for 6 months......full coverage plus rental and roadside for the MM and my Burb.

MM2004
04-20-2011, 11:05 AM
FWIW, I just switched to Traveler's for my three cars. They beat GEICO by a large amount and wrote a full year policy. :beer:
GEICO would have been roughly $900 for 6 months. Traveler's was less than $300 more for a full year. This will put me at under a $1K for the whole year as the MM is only on the road 6 months. Catching a break for once feels good.

Glad you saved some $$ Ray!

My mother was with Travelers and they were raping her on both Home and Auto insurance.

I switched her over to my insurance provider, KY. Farm Bureau and saved her over $500.00 p/yr. (both policies)

My 6 mo. policy on the MM is just over $300.00. (Full coverage and roadside assistance with rental car) - $500.00 deductible

I shopped around last year for the helluvit, and was quoted by both Allstate and State Farm slightly over double the $300.00 I am paying now.

No tickets. No accidents. Squeaky clean here at 48 years of age.

;)

Mike.

PonyUP
04-20-2011, 11:09 AM
Wow that is a good savings. I had a similar experience a few years ago, Farmers was raping me. I actually contacted MetLife who my company goes through for life insurance and it turned out we got a company discount and they took the premiums directly out of my paycheck on a bi-weekly basis.
When I initially made the switch, I just had the one Mustang and my cost was....drum roll please......

$512 a year

Now I have added the Marauder and a 2011 Mustang, and Georgia Insuarnce is more expensive by a long shot to Illinois, But I am still only paying $1100 a year and I never even see the money.

First time in my life car insurance was actually painless

sailsmen
04-20-2011, 01:07 PM
Travelers is a good company. Make sure your Uninsured Motorist Limit matches your Liability Limit.

UM insures YOU and YOU are your most valuable asset.;)

rayjay
04-20-2011, 04:43 PM
Travelers is a good company. Make sure your Uninsured Motorist Limit matches your Liability Limit.

UM insures YOU and YOU are your most valuable asset.;)

It does, thanks. I tried shopping around last year and no one could beat GEICO. So when Traveler's contacted me I figured it was worth a painless phone call. I know some companies hold accidents against you even if you are not at fault. We have three of those in five years. Wife head on'd by a drunk, me t boned by a person running a stop sign and my infamous deer incident enroute to Carlisle. Learned that lesson when I attempted to insure with my then union's preferred customer insurance. I was hit from behind at a toll plaza, no damage to my car, and that company refused me insurance because of it. I had to wait a year for that to drop off before they would pick me up. It was such a good deal I took it. Then the union & them had a lovers quarrel over check off due to a strike, ended all our involvement with them. :mad2:That was dirt cheap insurance with a major company.

bugsyc
04-20-2011, 05:25 PM
I pay 1400 a year.no collision..500 deductable... started as colonial penn then changed to AIG then 21century,now Farmers..all these changes without me doing anything...going to consolidate MM and my girlfriends Dodge dakota,,,both for 1000 a year.finally caught a break...I hope

rayjay
04-20-2011, 05:46 PM
I pay 1400 a year.no collision..500 deductable... started as colonial penn then changed to AIG then 21century,now Farmers..all these changes without me doing anything...going to consolidate MM and my girlfriends Dodge dakota,,,both for 1000 a year.finally caught a break...I hope

Ouch, maybe I won't move to South Carolina as planned!