PDA

View Full Version : 14May2011 - Blue Oval Classic - Mooresville, NC

gdmjoe
04-20-2011, 05:25 PM
http://www.foacarolinas.com/flyers/BOC%202011%20Flyer%20pic.jpg (http://www.foacarolinas.com/foac_blue_oval_classic.html) ллл -click-

SC Cheesehead
04-20-2011, 07:07 PM
Hmmmmm, been a couple years since we attended.

Hey Carolina guys, waddaya think?

Can I bunk in with anybody on Friday evening before the event?

fastblackmerc
04-20-2011, 07:21 PM
I'm up for it....

Have to check my schedule

SC Cheesehead
04-20-2011, 07:23 PM
I'm up for it....

Have to check my schedule

That's two of us, Russ, Tom, Phil, whatcha think?

fastblackmerc
04-20-2011, 07:36 PM
That's two of us, Russ, Tom, Phil, whatcha think?

How about the rest of the guys in Raleigh, out east, at the coast and in the other parts of S.C.?

slickster
04-20-2011, 08:56 PM
me 3......

SC Cheesehead
04-21-2011, 05:35 AM
How about the rest of the guys in Raleigh, out east, at the coast and in the other parts of S.C.?

That would be great if we could get participation from the coastal guys.

Hey bugsy, you interested?

03mmmonroe
04-21-2011, 05:49 AM
That would be great if we could get participation from the coastal guys.

Hey bugsy, you interested?

Hello Rex my date is open and you can stay at my place on friday if you want to. let me know.

Russ

SC Cheesehead
04-21-2011, 05:57 AM
Hello Rex my date is open and you can stay at my place on friday if you want to. let me know.

Russ

Deal; that makes four!

dakslim
04-21-2011, 06:57 AM
Where the hell is Mooresville???

SC Cheesehead
04-21-2011, 07:15 AM
Where the hell is Mooresville???

Just up the road from Charlotte.

dakslim
04-21-2011, 07:20 AM
OK...I looked it up. I'll go if you're nice to me Rex.

gdmjoe
04-21-2011, 07:51 AM
BTW ...

I've also posted this @ CrownVic.net. *Though there's been no replies.

SC Cheesehead
04-21-2011, 08:09 AM
OK...I looked it up. I'll go if you're nice to me Rex.

Trying to get on my good side, you ol' Coot?

Marauderman
04-21-2011, 04:19 PM
Dang--that sounds great guys!!!! Kathy's all up for it--If she fells good enough she will bring her '04 T-Bird # 989 of 1000.....cool hey!!....yeah I know....I'll let off the gas so she can stay close by and not get lost...:lol:

BTW we can celebrate my BD as well then...!!

dakslim
04-21-2011, 06:41 PM
BTW ...

I've also posted this @ CrownVic.net. *Though there's been no replies.

You can't trust those Ford people...after all, they dropped the Mercury line!:mad2:

SC Cheesehead
04-21-2011, 07:12 PM
You can't trust those Ford people...after all, they dropped the Mercury line!:mad2:

True, that.... :(

Marauderman
04-22-2011, 05:02 PM
http://www.foacarolinas.com/flyers/BOC%202011%20Flyer%20pic.jpg (http://www.foacarolinas.com/foac_blue_oval_classic.html) ллл -click-

Carolina Marauders want to thank you gdmjoe for announcing this for us-- us locals should have caught this sooner---anyway

It looks like all the Carolina Marauders are planning on coming--spoke to fastblackmerc and he is planning as well...we should have a great turn out! Whoo HOO----lets see if we can get some more----!!

gdmjoe
04-22-2011, 06:44 PM
Marauderman - Carolina Marauders want to thank you gdmjoe for announcing this for us-- us locals should have caught this sooner---anyway
You're welcome. *Always lookin' out for my NC buds.

In fact, if things were a bit different ( in a good way ), I was going to make plans to join y'all and spend a few days in NC.

O'whell ... See ya later boys. Have fun stormin' the castle.

bugsyc
04-23-2011, 05:21 AM
May 14, I'm in:D

SC Cheesehead
04-23-2011, 07:32 AM
WOOT! :bounce:

That makes 6 Marauders so far.

Anybody else from GA, TN or VA intrested in joining us for the festivities?

Mooresville's just north of Charlotte.

dakslim
04-23-2011, 08:06 AM
Mike and Charlotte are coming down this way that day...trying to get them to stop by too.

SC Cheesehead
04-23-2011, 11:21 AM
Mike and Charlotte are coming down this way that day...trying to get them to stop by too.

HOOHA! If we could get a SB, that would be all four colors at the show.

GAMike, interested in a road trip for the day?

youngrauderlvr
04-23-2011, 01:32 PM
I would like to go...are you all going to enter?? What are the categories?

SC Cheesehead
04-23-2011, 02:26 PM
I would like to go...are you all going to enter?? What are the categories?

Click on the entry form in the first post and it will take you to the FOAC website for more info on the show (including classes).

You can register day of the show if you like, will just cost a few dollars more

We'll prolly enter Class K: Ford/Lincoln/Mercury - 1965 & Later

We took 1st, 2nd, & 3rd last time we showed up.

slickster
04-23-2011, 07:22 PM
WOOT! :bounce:

That makes 6 Marauders so far.

Anybody else from GA, TN or VA intrested in joining us for the festivities?

Mooresville's just north of Charlotte.
I believe the count is 7.

Marauderman
04-24-2011, 05:52 AM

Count is now at 7 ............so where are the rest of you folks....???

SC Cheesehead
04-24-2011, 09:46 AM
Count is now at 7 ............so where are the rest of you folks....???

As this rate, we're gonna need our own row... :banana2:

slickster
04-24-2011, 12:27 PM
And 7 trophies

youngrauderlvr
04-29-2011, 01:18 PM
I'm going!!!!! I'm not going to enter but I am going. Mine has too many minor issues to enter.

fastblackmerc
04-29-2011, 01:31 PM
I'm going!!!!! I'm not going to enter but I am going. Mine has too many minor issues to enter.

Don't worry about the issues.

SC Cheesehead
04-29-2011, 01:33 PM

Don't worry about the issues.

+1

Hey, not to worry, just clean it up a bit and show off your car with the rest of us. Just having 6 or 7 Marauders at the show is going to catch a lot of folk's attention, lots of other Ford products there, but Marauders are scarce.

slickster
04-29-2011, 07:22 PM
My front bumper is shot but I don't care it's going to be the last time anyone is going to see a car like this. And my tires are kind of bad trying to rake up in time for some nittos

Marauderman
04-30-2011, 11:58 AM
How bout we meet first on I-77 exit Sunset Rd and pick back up convoy to Mooresville--Cheese and slickster?

SC Cheesehead
04-30-2011, 04:21 PM
How bout we meet first on I-77 exit Sunset Rd and pick back up convoy to Mooresville--Cheese and slickster?

Me and the Ms. are gonna be staying with Russ and Dana, so we'll be running up to Mooresville from his place on Sat. morning.

Marauderman
04-30-2011, 04:41 PM
Me and the Ms. are gonna be staying with Russ and Dana, so we'll be running up to Mooresville from his place on Sat. morning.

Oh Yeah--forgot that you mentioned that---oh well...still an offering to anyone.......

courtmarshall
04-30-2011, 07:03 PM
I am in Columbia for the half the month. I will look to see if I can make the trip from Ft. Jackson.

Court

Marauderman
05-01-2011, 04:06 AM
I am in Columbia for the half the month. I will look to see if I can make the trip from Ft. Jackson.

Court

That would be fun ..hope you can --keep us posted as time nears.......

slickster
05-01-2011, 06:49 AM

I was thinking the same. Sounds good

SC Cheesehead
05-01-2011, 08:27 AM

Court

Yeah, you could shoot right up I-77 and meet up with Marauderman.

courtmarshall
05-01-2011, 08:53 AM
How has the group sorted out the registration? I would likely have to get that done they day of the event. What do you think?:confused:

Marauderman
05-01-2011, 12:36 PM
How has the group sorted out the registration? I would likely have to get that done they day of the event. What do you think?:confused:

We all will likely do that when we get there......not a problem-- we'll just give'um our age and type Vehicle and Boom! we're in a class all together...and watch 'um all turn there heads as we blumb,blumb,blumb by to our parking spot......:lol:....

SC Cheesehead
05-01-2011, 02:18 PM
We all will likely do that when we get there......not a problem-- we'll just give'um our age and type Vehicle and Boom! we're in a class all together...and watch 'um all turn there heads as we blumb,blumb,blumb by to our parking spot......:lol:....

I've pre-registered, can contact FOAC and give 'em a heads up; maybe they'll reserve an area for us. I think that's what they did last time we were there.

Marauderman
05-01-2011, 06:04 PM
I've pre-registered, can contact FOAC and give 'em a heads up; maybe they'll reserve an area for us. I think that's what they did last time we were there.

That being the case--How many do we have again?

IwantmyMMnow!
05-01-2011, 08:42 PM
...thanks slickster!

Mooresville...just up the road from my old stompin' grounds!!! (born in Charlotte, moved to Concord when I was 8) In fact, I just got back from Charlotte about 3 hours ago.

I would like to go, simply just to meet everyone. My car is totally stock, so no way it would stand a chance against the rest of you all competition-wise!

I will actually be at Scott AFB, IL from 9-13 May. I will be flying back to Charleston on the 13th, so depending on what time I fly in that day, I could be up there that night. My Mom and sis live 2 miles from Lowes Motor Speedway, so I've got free room and board. Too bad my brother is no longer a Concord Police Officer (now teaches Criminal Justice at Northwest Ga Tech College in Calhoun, GA)...I probably coulda pulled some strings to get us on the speedway or the dragstrip there.

It's also a payday weekend for me, so I'll have some $$$ to spend for the trip. Been waiting for an event to come along so I can meet some of my fellow MMers in person!!!

I'm making my Scott AFB trip arrangements tomorrow, so I'll try to get an early flight back on Friday so I can get up there Friday night. Any plans for a 'social gathering' that evening?

BTW...My MM is a SB...

slickster
05-01-2011, 09:21 PM
Hope u can make it

slickster
05-01-2011, 09:46 PM
The count is 8 for sure and 2 mights.

dakslim
05-02-2011, 05:59 AM

Maybe I'll just come straight across to Charlotte and hook up with you guys and motor up from there.

youngrauderlvr
05-03-2011, 02:15 PM
Me and my hubby will be coming up 85. Hopefully early,around 8am. If i can get it cleaned up, I will enter.

slickster
05-03-2011, 02:37 PM
Me and my hubby will be coming up 85. Hopefully early,around 8am. If i can get it cleaned up, I will enter.

If you like you can meet up with us at the sunset exit on 77

SC Cheesehead
05-03-2011, 03:47 PM

There are a couple decent car washes in the area, PM Marauderman and he'll get you hooked up.

Looking forward to meeting you guys!

youngrauderlvr
05-03-2011, 05:52 PM
If you like you can meet up with us at the sunset exit on 77
I will ask him if that would be ok. I think we will be coming up with a friend of ours. He has 3 marauders! 2 blacks and 1 sb. He is bringing one of his other cars to show.

youngrauderlvr
05-03-2011, 05:54 PM
There are a couple decent car washes in the area, PM Marauderman and he'll get you hooked up.

I am really
excited to go and meet with ya'll also. hopefully i can get my nephew to completely detail the car out under the hood and all.

youngrauderlvr
05-03-2011, 07:08 PM
Is there an admission charge for spectators? Is this going to be a decent sized show? j/w :dunno:

SC Cheesehead
05-03-2011, 07:36 PM
Is there an admission charge for spectators? Is this going to be a decent sized show? j/w :dunno:

I don't think there's an admission charge for spectators (cheeck out the FOAC link to confirm), yeah, it's usually a pretty big show, 200+ cars.

2009 info:

Class U - Mercury/Edsel?Lincoln - All - Excludes Classes A,B,D
1st 04 Mercury Maruader Jim Marton
2nd 03 Mercury Maruader Tom Adair
3rd 03 Mercury Maruader 300B Rex Weinbender
http://www.foacarolinas.com/pages/2009/FOACBlueOvalClassic2009/index.html

03mmmonroe
05-04-2011, 07:40 AM

How soon CHessehead for gets about Croftgate waterless car wash for the best shine you will get. Have a good day rex. I was going to offer if they need cleaning to show. Russ

prchrman
05-04-2011, 08:05 AM
I got grandbaby things going on or I would make the trip. Hope all have fun and good weather.

SC Cheesehead
05-04-2011, 08:06 AM
How soon CHessehead for gets about Croftgate waterless car wash for the best shine you will get. Have a good day rex. I was going to offer if they need cleaning to show. Russ

Heck no, I didn't forget! :D

Just figured if they were running tight on time, stopping somewhere enroute at a car wash might work.

BIG +1 on the Croftgate. I plan to clay bar my car this week and then do a nice detailing on it, WITH Croftgate products. ;)

03mmmonroe
05-04-2011, 08:09 AM
Heck no, I didn't forget! :D

Just figured if they were running tight on time, stopping somewhere enroute at a car wash might work.

BIG +1 on the Croftgate. I plan to clay bar my car this week and then do a nice detailing on it, WITH Croftgate products. ;)

You should use the aqunal X cut 50% with distalled water with the clay. You will find a great finish when done. Give me a ring if you have a question.

Russ

SC Cheesehead
05-04-2011, 08:17 AM
You should use the aqunal X cut 50% with distalled water with the clay. You will find a great finish when done. Give me a ring if you have a question.

Russ

Thanks, will do.

IwantmyMMnow!
05-04-2011, 07:54 PM
I finally got my replacement govt travel card today, so I'll be able to book my trip to Scott AFB tomorrow. I'm going to try and get an early flight Friday so I can get back in time to make the 3 hr drive to Charlotte that day. Anyone interested in trying to get together Fri night? Also, where exactly is everyone meeting for the drive to the show?

Can't wait to meet everyone!

SC Cheesehead
05-04-2011, 07:57 PM
I finally got my replacement govt travel card today, so I'll be able to book my trip to Scott AFB tomorrow. I'm going to try and get an early flight Friday so I can get back in time to make the 3 hr drive to Charlotte that day. Anyone interested in trying to get together Fri night? Also, where exactly is everyone meeting for the drive to the show?

Can't wait to meet everyone!

I'll see what we can put together.

PM Marauderman, he's got a rendezvous spot set up for Sat. a.m.

IwantmyMMnow!
05-05-2011, 02:58 PM
The earliest flight I could get (within reason...don't like having to be at airport at 5am!!) is going to get me back in Charleston at 5pm. An hour to get off plane/get bags/get home, 30 mins to unpack/repack and I should be on road around 7, which puts me in Charlotte at 10-1030. I don't know how often I'll be able to get on the internet while I'm gone next week, so I'll do the best I can to see if y'all decide to do anything that night...

SC Cheesehead
05-05-2011, 06:59 PM
The earliest flight I could get (within reason...don't like having to be at airport at 5am!!) is going to get me back in Charleston at 5pm. An hour to get off plane/get bags/get home, 30 mins to unpack/repack and I should be on road around 7, which puts me in Charlotte at 10-1030. I don't know how often I'll be able to get on the internet while I'm gone next week, so I'll do the best I can to see if y'all decide to do anything that night...

Too bad it's not Friday night, I'm headed back to Greenville right after the show on Saturday.

slickster
05-06-2011, 12:00 PM
There's a chance of rain for that day but I'll know for sure Friday

SC Cheesehead
05-06-2011, 12:29 PM
There's a chance of rain for that day but I'll know for sure Friday

IIRC, the show runs, rain or shine.

I'm gonna be there no matter what.

IwantmyMMnow!
05-06-2011, 01:11 PM
I'll be in Charlotte by 10-1030 Friday night...not following on what you mean by 'too bad it's not Friday night'.

I'm a weather guy; in fact, that's why I'm going to Scott AFB...annual weather conference. I can let you know when it's going to rain and you can yell at me when I get it wrong...lol.:confused:

SC Cheesehead
05-06-2011, 02:40 PM
I'll be in Charlotte by 10-1030 Friday night...not following on what you mean by 'too bad it's not Friday night'.

I'm a weather guy; in fact, that's why I'm going to Scott AFB...annual weather conference. I can let you know when it's going to rain and you can yell at me when I get it wrong...lol.:confused:

We were all thinking you weren't getting in until SATURDAY night! :o

Slickter's worried about rain on Satruday, NBD, we'll be at the BOC one way or another on Saturday, so you may as well just tell us all it's gonna be nice weather...
;)
So, where are you staying? PM me with cell phone number so we can coordinate logistics for Saturday morning.

slickster
05-06-2011, 03:09 PM
I spoke with buster he said we all have to roll in at the same time so we all can park in a line. He also said there's a grass area if we want to park so we can put up tents in case it rains lol. If not there's a tree area where there might be shade. The show will try to end at 4

SC Cheesehead
05-07-2011, 04:47 AM
Russ and I are going to be coming up from Monroe, Tom and you guys will be hooking up and coming in from south CLT, not sure where Jim's staying, or if he's driving over from Raleigh in the morning, prolly need to agree on a time and place to rendezvous in Mooresville.

Any thoughts? Who's familiar with the Mooresville area?

IwantmyMMnow!
05-07-2011, 07:02 AM
I most likely will stay at my Moms/sisters house in Harrisburg. I can take the back roads to get to 77 since the 485 loop isn't complete...the only section left is from 85 to 77 on the NE side of town, which is where Harrisburg (and Lowe's Motor Speedway) is.

IwantmyMMnow!
05-08-2011, 08:45 AM
Will be leaving in a few hours to catch my flight...if something comes up to keep me from making the show, I'll post as soon as I can. Don't want y'all waiting around for me if I can't be there...wouldn't be a very good first impression! :mad2:

dakslim
05-08-2011, 04:10 PM
Hope to have a computer by midweek so will be able to co-ordinate with you guys. Not Rex though, he's a :censor:!

youngrauderlvr
05-08-2011, 05:58 PM
I would like to roll in with ya'll also. Has everyone registered already? I have not. Will it be safe to register the day of the show?

SC Cheesehead
05-08-2011, 06:57 PM
I would like to roll in with ya'll also. Has everyone registered already? I have not. Will it be safe to register the day of the show?

Registering the day of the show shouldn't be a problem.

I'm going to coordinate a rendezvous spot up in Mooresville where we can all meet up and roll into the show together.

IwantmyMMnow!
05-08-2011, 10:11 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know I had to cancel my trip at the 11th hour...I'll be home all week and will definitely be able to make the show now that I won't be flying back in on Friday. I should be able to get on the road by 5pm Friday, so will get into Charlotte area at/shortly after 8 that evening.:beer:

Didn't want to go to a stupid weather conference anyway....hope they have a freak storm that dumps two feet of snow on 'em! I was packed and less than an hour from leaving the house when I got a call and was told I couldn't go...any wonder why I can't wait to retire at the end of this year?!?!?:mad2:

SC Cheesehead
05-09-2011, 06:48 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know I had to cancel my trip at the 11th hour...I'll be home all week and will definitely be able to make the show now that I won't be flying back in on Friday. I should be able to get on the road by 5pm Friday, so will get into Charlotte area at/shortly after 8 that evening.:beer:

Didn't want to go to a stupid weather conference anyway....hope they have a freak storm that dumps two feet of snow on 'em! I was packed and less than an hour from leaving the house when I got a call and was told I couldn't go...any wonder why I can't wait to retire at the end of this year?!?!?:mad2:

Looking forward to seeing you! :up:

SC Cheesehead
05-09-2011, 08:05 AM
I know that we've got some folks coming from different parts of SC that will be meeting up with Marauderman on Saturday morning, and 03mmmonroe and I will be coming over from his place.

Suggest we have a primary rendezvous point up in Mooresville where we can group up for the drive over to the show.

Mooresville Ford is located at 151 East Plaza Drive, which is Hwy 150. (Exit 36 off I-77, then turn right, go down about 2 miles)

There's a Quality Mart gas station on West Plaza, to the right, just off the exit (391 West Plaza Drive), or a Bob Evans, which is about a block off W. Plaza Dr. (150 Consumer Square Drive), first road to the right past the Quality Mart. Either one of these is convenient to get to, and are less than a mile and a half from the show.

Any preferences?

Deadline for registration at the show is 11:00 a.m., and all vehicles must arrive and be checked in by 10:00 a.m. Suggest we plan on getting there no later than 9:15 - 9:30 a.m. (earlier would be better) to ensure a good parking spot.

How's departure at 8:45 from the rendezvous point sound?

slickster
05-09-2011, 12:33 PM
That's good with me.

youngrauderlvr
05-09-2011, 04:16 PM
How ever the majority rules is fine with me. We are about 2 1/2 hrs away.

youngrauderlvr
05-09-2011, 04:17 PM
.......Plus we are usually late...don't know why....it just happens like that. LOL

Marauderman
05-09-2011, 04:48 PM
I will post up tomorrow or Wednesday the location where to meet Sat. morn off I-77 just north of Charlotte - .

From there to the next meet up with Rex and group...then on to the car show..

Stay tune to Carolina Marauder Board for up dates....

Oh Yeah--Use your GPS--:lol:

Post EDIT--Happy Birthday Today to one of my Best Friends--Todd Fisher ( TAF)-- I called him and he is doing great --FYI

prchrman
05-09-2011, 07:06 PM
I will post up tomorrow or Wednesday the location where to meet Sat. morn off I-77 just north of Charlotte - .

Post EDIT--Happy Birthday Today to one of my Best Friends--Todd Fisher ( TAF)-- I called him and he is doing great --FYI

Todds birfday alright, glad he is doing good. Nicest modded Marauder I know of, awesome car and good friend. Thanks Tom 4 the info.

Hope u guys have a good time, I birfdaying with my granddaughter, her is one tis week.

dakslim
05-10-2011, 10:04 AM
OK...I have an interim computer to use so will be able to monitor this site again.

SC Cheesehead
05-10-2011, 10:20 AM
OK...I have an interim computer to use so will be able to monitor this site again.

Oh good, you're back in operation.

Just wanted you to know that I'll have my folding cot in the trunk so you can get your afternoon nap in... :snoopy:

http://por-img.cimcontent.net/api/assets/bin-200906/753812ad73e5ed4043f3905176e5cf e1.jpg

Who Loves Ya, Baby?

Marauderman
05-11-2011, 07:36 AM

OK -Will meet time 8:15 AM --here is the place---Take Sunset Rd Exit off I-77 just north iof the I-85 interchange-- keep right off teh exit onto Sunset Rd to a Hardees on the right ---Address is
5024 Sunset Rd.-Meet there in the parking lot----then onto Rex's meet ing place---

Rex---- Where do you want us to meet up with you so we all can enter together?? See Next meet stop per Rex's note below V

SC Cheesehead
05-11-2011, 07:53 AM
OK -Will post meet time later--prolly about 730 AM unless there is some diff--here is the place---Take Sunset Rd Exit off I-77 just north iof the I-85 interchange-- keep right off teh exit onto Sunset Rd to a Hardees on the right ---Address is
5024 Sunset Rd.-Meet there in the parking lot----then onto Rex's meet ing place---

Rex---- Where do you want us to meet up with you so we all can enter together??

How's about we meet up at the Bob Evans, 150 Consumer Square Drive, which is about a block off W. Plaza Dr?

Take exit 36 off I-77, Consumer Square Drive should be the first road on your right, just past the Quick Mart.

How's 8:45 sound for a rendezvous time?

Marauderman
05-11-2011, 08:01 AM
OK -Will meet time 8:15 AM --here is the place---Take Sunset Rd Exit off I-77 just north iof the I-85 interchange-- keep right off teh exit onto Sunset Rd to a Hardees on the right ---Address is

Rex---- Where do you want us to meet up with you so we all can enter together?? See Next meet stop per Rex's note below V

OK --WHo is meeting me at first stop ar 8:15 AM Sunset Rd Exit??

slickster
05-11-2011, 10:56 AM
Me...........

Marauderman
05-11-2011, 11:31 AM

Me...........

Any more?--Thought there were several......guess they need to catch up on the latest and check in......

SC Cheesehead
05-11-2011, 11:42 AM
Any more?--Thought there were several......guess they need to catch up on the latest and check in......

Yeah, should be at least four others:

dakslim
youngrauderlvr
IwantmyMMnow!
bugsyc

Still waiting on confirmation from Jim.

If everyone shows, that'll be eight cars this year.

slickster
05-11-2011, 11:46 AM
I will pm the others and call court marshal

bugsyc
05-11-2011, 02:23 PM
I'ii be there..Looking foward to meeting the other Carolina Marauders.. Fastblackmerc,cheesehead and all the rest of you guys...:banana2:

youngrauderlvr
05-11-2011, 05:20 PM
We will be meeting up at the 2nd Rendezvous. We will be taking 85n to 485 to 77. My # is 864-380-8280. In case we need some phone #s on the road.

slickster
05-11-2011, 05:39 PM
I'ii be there..Looking foward to meeting the other Carolina Marauders.. Fastblackmerc,cheesehead and all the rest of you guys...:banana2:

So your not tagging along at one of the meet up's ?. Just going straight in

IwantmyMMnow!
05-11-2011, 08:10 PM
I will meet Marauderman and the rest at stop #1. I will be staying at my Mom & sister's house in Harrisburg, which is about 20 mins away. I don't wish to be a part of the show, just want to meet other MM owners and pick y'alls brain for ideas. I've got a busted fog lens and my car is stock. Maybe after I get a couple mods done, I might be interested in competition. I'm hoping to get down to see Dennis next month to have 4.10s installed and a dyno tune; once I get this big-ticket mod done, then I can start doing the 'little' mods...

dakslim
05-12-2011, 05:22 AM

Me too. Is one of these places for breakfast????

SC Cheesehead
05-12-2011, 06:17 AM
Me too. Is one of these places for breakfast????

If you want to meet up at the Bob Evans in Mooresville a little early (8:00-ish?), we could prolly do breakfast. Meeting up there may make more sense for you anyway, as the first rendezvous spot is gonna take you south, rather than north.

Let me know if you'd like to get together and Russ and I will head over that way a bit earlier.

dakslim
05-12-2011, 06:19 AM
If you want to meet up at the Bob Evans in Mooresville a little early (8:00-ish?), we could prolly do breakfast. Meeting up there may make more sense for you anyway, as the first rendezvous spot is gonna take you south, rather than north.

Let me know if you'd like to get together and Russ and I will head over that way a bit earlier.

OK, I think my friend Mike is coming with me so will check with him and get back to you.

SC Cheesehead
05-12-2011, 06:20 AM
OK, I think my friend Mike is coming with me so will check with him and get back to you.

Sounds like a plan.

bugsyc
05-12-2011, 06:43 AM
So your not tagging along at one of the meet up's ?. Just going straight in
It's a long drive from Myrtle Beach..I'm not planning on entering my car in the show..I do look foward to meeting the other Carolina Marauders...I wouldn't be able to get there by 8am...I'll probably roll in about 11....See you all there..

SC Cheesehead
05-12-2011, 06:44 AM
It's a long drive from Myrtle Beach..I'm not planning on entering my car in the show..I do look foward to meeting the other Carolina Marauders...I wouldn't be able to get there by 8am...I'll probably roll in about 11....See you all there..

Hey, we'll see you there.

IwantmyMMnow!
05-12-2011, 07:12 AM
If you want to meet up at the Bob Evans in Mooresville a little early (8:00-ish?), we could prolly do breakfast.

Breakfast at Bob's sounds like a great idea; I may meet there instead of Sunset Rd, if it's a go.

Sorry Marauderman....I love to eat!:pancake:

SC Cheesehead
05-12-2011, 07:24 AM
Breakfast at Bob's sounds like a great idea; I may meet there instead of Sunset Rd, if it's a go.

Sorry Marauderman....I love to eat!:pancake:

Talked to Russ, anybody that wants to eat breakfast at Bob Evans, we'll be over there at 8:00 a.m.

We can chow down and then be ready to meet up with the gang coming up with Tom around 8:45 or so.

IwantmyMMnow!
05-12-2011, 05:29 PM
The official forecast for the BOC on Saturday:

Morning: Partly Sunny, Low 65F

Afternoon: Mix of clouds and sun early, then thunderstorm/rainshowers beginning around 3pm. High 83F

Evening: Cloudy with showers and possible thunder, ending by 8pm.

You heard it here first...

SC Cheesehead
05-12-2011, 08:44 PM
The official forecast for the BOC on Saturday:

Morning: Partly Sunny, Low 65F

Afternoon: Mix of clouds and sun early, then thunderstorm/rainshowers beginning around 3pm. High 83F

Evening: Cloudy with showers and possible thunder, ending by 8pm.

You heard it here first...

Perfect timing, that's when we'll be wrapping things up.
;)

IwantmyMMnow!
05-12-2011, 09:49 PM
And now to CBT with the sports report....

CBT: "Good evening everyone. That's what she said. And now, back to Ron Burgandy with our consumer watchdog report...." :lol:

Marauderman
05-13-2011, 05:01 AM
how's about we meet up at the bob evans, 150 consumer square drive, which is about a block off w. Plaza dr?

Take exit 36 off i-77, consumer square drive should be the first road on your right, just past the quick mart.

How's 8:45 sound for a rendezvous time?

ok --who is meeting me at first stop ar 8:15 am sunset rd exit??

yeah, should be at least four others:

Dakslim
youngrauderlvr
iwantmymmnow!
Bugsyc

still waiting on confirmation from jim.

If everyone shows, that'll be eight cars this year.

we will be meeting up at the 2nd rendezvous. We will be taking 85n to 485 to 77. My # is 864-380-8280. In case we need some phone #s on the road.

if you want to meet up at the bob evans in mooresville a little early (8:00-ish?), we could prolly do breakfast. Meeting up there may make more sense for you anyway, as the first rendezvous spot is gonna take you south, rather than north.

Let me know if you'd like to get together and russ and i will head over that way a bit earlier.

breakfast at bob's sounds like a great idea; i may meet there instead of sunset rd, if it's a go.

Sorry marauderman....i love to eat!:pancake:

talked to russ, anybody that wants to eat breakfast at bob evans, we'll be over there at 8:00 a.m.

We can chow down and then be ready to meet up with the gang coming up with tom around 8:45 or so.

From all the above comments it seems more would like an early breakfast at 8 AM bob evans---where we all can meet making just one stop before entering the show-- i am all in favor for this--talked me into it--its just a bit further up the road anyway--so shall we all meet there --- sound ok to me!!

SC Cheesehead
05-13-2011, 05:45 AM
From all the above comments it seems more would like an early breakfast at 8 AM bob evans---where we all can meet making just one stop before entering the show-- i am all in favor for this--talked me into it--its just a bit further up the road anyway--so shall we all meet there --- sound ok to me!!

Works for me, bubba! See you all at Bob Evans around 8:00 am.

slickster
05-13-2011, 06:01 AM
Ok everyone at bob evans

CBT
05-13-2011, 06:11 AM
And now to CBT with the sports report....

CBT: "Good evening everyone. That's what she said. And now, back to Ron Burgandy with our consumer watchdog report...." :lol:
You so crazy!

This show looks to be awesome, I'd like to see some bad-ass old Galaxies. Hopefully much pictures is taken.

dakslim
05-13-2011, 06:34 AM
Count me in...Bob Evans at eight.

SC Cheesehead
05-13-2011, 07:07 AM
Count me in...Bob Evans at eight.

You're buying, right?

fastblackmerc
05-13-2011, 07:35 AM
Guys, unfortunately I'll be unable to make the show :bigcry:

I'll be in Wilmington for a friends graduation from law school party.

But really I wanted to give someone else a chance to win 1st place. :D

I will be in south Charlotte Sunday evening through Wednesday.

slickster
05-13-2011, 08:06 AM
Was looking forward to meeting the man that knows everything about this car. Well we all know Rex is gonna win this one here is your trophy :trophy:

Marauderman
05-13-2011, 08:16 AM
Guys, unfortunately I'll be unable to make the show :bigcry:

I'll be in Wilmington for a friends graduation from law school party.

But really I wanted to give someone else a chance to win 1st place. :D

I will be in south Charlotte Sunday evening through Wednesday.

Just make sure he stays a friend---you never know when any of us may need a lawyer...:lol:

Marauderman
05-13-2011, 08:17 AM
So I guess the emphasis now is ....WHO doesn't know about breakfast at 8 at Bob Evans?????????

slickster
05-13-2011, 08:45 AM
Everyone is going to bob evens except bugsyc he will be there around 11

fastblackmerc
05-13-2011, 08:47 AM
Just make sure he stays a friend---you never know when any of us may need a lawyer...:lol:

My thoughts exactly!

Marauderman
05-13-2011, 01:52 PM
Everyone is going to bob evens except bugsyc he will be there around 11

Thanks for the assist.......

slickster
05-13-2011, 06:00 PM
Ok guys check your tire psi and drive safe.

bugsyc
05-14-2011, 04:48 AM
Sorry guys, the weather is keeping me home:bigcry:....next time for sure..I hope y'all have a great meet..

SC Cheesehead
05-14-2011, 07:27 PM
You missed a good time, bugsy. Light rain early, but then cleared off for the afternoon. Overall attendance was down, prolly due to the weather, but still lotsa great Blue Oval hardare. TEN Marauders made the show, and they were definitely noticed!

:congrats: to youngrauderlver, 3rd place in K Class, and 03mmmonroe for winning the K Class.

I didn't get pics, but others did, should have them posted up within the next day or so.

Bluerauder
05-15-2011, 05:44 AM
I didn't get pics, but others did, should have them posted up within the next day or so.

They are up. Tom posted here >>>> http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=71092