PDA

View Full Version : NBA Play Off Trash Talk

SID210SA
04-21-2011, 06:31 AM
So the Spurs finally got into the series with Memphis....man it was a close game. Hard fought through the first two games.....the Spurs lost the first by three and played with out their energizer bunny, Manu. The second game the Spurs won with, essentially with a one armed Manu, by 6. Whew....I thought they would go down 0-2. Memphis is a very tough, physical, and young team. The Spurs are an experienced team that should not loose to an 8th seeded team.

I think that if the Spurs get past the Grizz, then they should have no problem with the rest of the playoff teams.

How is your favorite team doing?

Mike

Vortex
04-21-2011, 08:17 PM
Im afraid our Spurs are gonna have to play better to beat those damn Griz.

TAKEDOWN
04-21-2011, 09:01 PM
Chicago BULLS, WHITE SOX, and the BLACK HAWKS w0n! I must say it's a g00d day to be a Chicagoan.

dj_pizm
04-22-2011, 04:46 AM
Miami Heat are doing ok but I think Huey have to step there game up another level when they get in the 2nd round and defitnetly if Huey expect to go to the finals

dj_pizm
04-22-2011, 04:55 AM
*typo* Huey should be They

SC Cheesehead
04-22-2011, 05:59 AM
Chicago BULLS, WHITE SOX, and the BLACK HAWKS w0n! I must say it's a g00d day to be a Chicagoan.

Don't know if I'd go that far, put +1 on the Blackhawks! :D

PonyUP
04-22-2011, 08:44 AM
Derrick Rose is bringing the trophy back to Chitown where it belongs. Michael who?

Alright I wouldn't go that far, but I can't wait for the Bulls to cram it down Lebron's throat so he can choke again and go home ringless like the whiney biotch he is.

the runnin of the Bulls has commenced

Blue2009
04-22-2011, 04:23 PM
SPURS for their 5th NBA Ring!

PonyUP
04-22-2011, 07:36 PM
SPURS for their 5th NBA Ring!

Yeah, aren't they the same team that lost the best record in the final two games to the Bulls?

Derrick Rose is bringing the ring

PonyUP
04-26-2011, 05:12 PM
The running of the Bulls commences in 15 minutes

SID210SA
04-26-2011, 06:03 PM
I am pretty sure the Bulls are gonna be the top in the east.....the west is still in the air..

No the Spurs actually lost in the final day of the regular season....it didnt help that they had a 6 game loosing streak either. The Bulls went on a tear and the Spurs have no one to blame but themselves. The last 2 weeks have been nothing but bad for the Spurs....they havent played like a team and dont look like they want to be there. They still have a chance, albiet a slim one, but as long as there is hope I will be cheering them on....

Mike

PonyUP
04-27-2011, 07:03 AM
I am pretty sure the Bulls are gonna be the top in the east.....the west is still in the air..

No the Spurs actually lost in the final day of the regular season....it didnt help that they had a 6 game loosing streak either. The Bulls went on a tear and the Spurs have no one to blame but themselves. The last 2 weeks have been nothing but bad for the Spurs....they havent played like a team and dont look like they want to be there. They still have a chance, albiet a slim one, but as long as there is hope I will be cheering them on....

Mike

There's always hope SID, I'd like to see the Spurs advance, I think a west finals between them and the Thunder would be downright awesome, I think it's going to be Bulls Heat in the East and that would make a great final four.

Is it just me though, or are there A LOT of bad calls going on in the playoffs this year, mostly benefitting underdogs or losing teams to extend series. I had to think like this, but the NBA does have a track record for questionable and sometimes illegal officiating

SID210SA
04-27-2011, 07:57 AM
I think your right about the bad calls...or even phantom calls....but not all benifiting the loosing teams....or the underdogs for that matter.....lots of bad calls against the Spurs and they are always a favorite....now they are down 3 games to 1. Tony Parker is in a big slump, Tim Duncan is playing like an old man (Antonio McD is playing harder than Timmy) and for the Spurs being the best 3 point shooting team in the NBA and have the top 3 point shooter in percentage in the regular season, they couldnt hit the broad side of a barn if they were standing right infront of it! There were two games the Spurs should have won but shooting and bad calls took care of that.

They just arent who they were during the regular season and most of that is on their shoulders.

CBT
04-27-2011, 09:13 AM
I don't like basketball, am I in the right thread to talk playoff trash?

SID210SA
04-27-2011, 10:02 AM
I don't like basketball, am I in the right thread to talk playoff trash?

You might want to try this one:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=70359&highlight=NHL+trash+talk

CBT
04-27-2011, 10:15 AM
You might want to try this one:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=70359&highlight=NHL+trash+talk

But, but....my favorite hockey team got eliminated last night, I have nothing to complain about for four months until football starts! :alone:

PonyUP
04-27-2011, 11:18 AM
But, but....my favorite hockey team got eliminated last night, I have nothing to complain about for four months until football starts! :alone:

And the Bears are about to make a critical mistake. They scored Martz for $1 Million and finally found someone that got Cutler to play good. Now in their extension offer, theya re offering the same $1 million. Martz is said to be pretty ticked and considering leaving.

TAKEDOWN
04-27-2011, 01:22 PM
Hawks are out, love 'em and looking forward to next year. Go SOX and Go BULLS!!!!

SID210SA
04-27-2011, 08:50 PM
Wow....what a game.....

Spurs are down by 3 with 1.7 to go and Gary Neal hits the tying 3 at the buzzer....Manu hit a called 3 with 2.2 to go but was reviewed and changed to a two as he had a toe on the line. Spurs were down by one at that point and Randolph going to the line and hits both free throws to put the spurs down by three which led to the three pointer by Neal.

Spurs out scored Memphis in OT 13-6 to win 110-103!!

GO SPURS GO!!!

SID210SA
05-02-2011, 05:26 AM
Spurs couldnt pull it out and now the Grizz are up on the next favored team the OKC Thunder.....

SID210SA
05-09-2011, 06:28 AM
Wow Big D wins 4-0....how unsportsman like of the FAKERS err LAKERS to take their fustrations out on the other team......Dallas just took them to the woodshed.....the two time defending NBA champions go out with a wimper and let their emotions get the best of them...

Vortex
05-09-2011, 06:42 AM
Dont like either the Mavs or the Lakers but the Lakers showed their true colors yesterday with a couple of real cheap shots. Bynum is a true punk. Since my beloved Spurs are now "fishing" I hope either OKC or the Griz get there, they are both good young teams.

Joe Walsh
05-09-2011, 07:12 AM
I posted this over on the 'Shoutbox' thread:

I don't follow, nor do I ever watch the NBA games.....

But tonight, I just had to tune in and watch Dallas SHRED the Lakers!

It was enjoyable to watch Kobe and the Lakers fall apart in an embarassing sweep.

Mac-MerC
05-09-2011, 09:54 AM
lets go hawks!

SID210SA
05-09-2011, 12:09 PM
i posted this over on the 'shoutbox' thread:

i don't follow, nor do i ever watch the nba games.....

but tonight, i just had to tune in and watch dallas shred the lakers!

it was enjoyable to watch kobe and the lakers fall apart in an embarassing sweep.

love it!!!