PDA

View Full Version : Smokey Yunicks shop burns down.

CBT
04-26-2011, 08:15 AM
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/27669341/detail.html

fastblackmerc
04-26-2011, 09:09 AM
"Yunick's daughter, Trish Yunick Brown, stopped by her father's old garage as firefighters doused the building with water. Although sad to see the garage destroyed, Brown said the building was never meant to be a museum.

"Dad told me he don't need no damn shrine," Brown said."

Sounds just like Smokey.

CBT
04-26-2011, 09:13 AM
"Yunick's daughter, Trish Yunick Brown, stopped by her father's old garage as firefighters doused the building with water. Although sad to see the garage destroyed, Brown said the building was never meant to be a museum.

Sounds just like Smokey.

They said the buildin was empty already. Wonder where all the parts went off to? I bet he had some crazy fast engines and parts laying around.

1 Bad Merc
04-26-2011, 09:46 AM
I believe that I read where they had a couple of auctions of all his' parts awhile ago. Some of the more interesting finds were custom made one off manifolds/heads as well as a complete Chevrolet Mystery Motor! Supposedly he had alot of stuff he was R & D'ing in the 60's for Chevrolet and the parts were incredible - as were the prices.

One story on Smokey that was told is about the time his' stock car was tech inspected and they pulled his' gas tank to inspect how many gallons it was. He was so angry he just got into his' car and drove the car home- without the gas tank!

Love to hear those old time racing stories.

SC Cheesehead
04-26-2011, 10:13 AM

Sounds just like Smokey.

+1, ol' Smokey was quite a guy. The buildings may be gone,but the memories live on.

Mr. Man
04-26-2011, 11:15 AM
Guess they didn't call him smokey for nutin' Too soon?:dunno::D

Baaad GN
04-26-2011, 11:17 AM
Hmmmmmm jewish lighting???????

SC Cheesehead
04-26-2011, 12:46 PM
:rofl: That's just plain wrong!

Funny, but wrong... ;)

illwood
04-26-2011, 01:21 PM
:rofl: That's just plain wrong!

Funny, but wrong... ;)

That is pretty bad.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_lN7dRIp2NvA/SslaCCxe2SI/AAAAAAAAA3k/wEDa2H2avrc/s320/Family_Goy.jpg

LIGHTNIN1
04-27-2011, 07:36 AM
I believe that I read where they had a couple of auctions of all his' parts awhile ago. Some of the more interesting finds were custom made one off manifolds/heads as well as a complete Chevrolet Mystery Motor! Supposedly he had alot of stuff he was R & D'ing in the 60's for Chevrolet and the parts were incredible - as were the prices.

One story on Smokey that was told is about the time his' stock car was tech inspected and they pulled his' gas tank to inspect how many gallons it was. He was so angry he just got into his' car and drove the car home- without the gas tank!

Love to hear those old time racing stories.

I just finished reading Smokeys auto biography recently. A great book if you are a Nascar fan. He pulled all kind of tricks with his race cars. The one Bad Merc mentioned above, he installed a very long gas line from fuel tank to carburetor that held 5 gallons of fuel, a real advantage over everyone else.