PDA

View Full Version : AT&T Phone Bill Rant

Pat
04-30-2011, 06:26 AM
Have any of you AT&T customers noted a creeping increase in your long distance and Internet portions of the bill?

Over the past three months those two items have increased by a total of $10.00.

The rest of the bill, has actually decreased by .06 cents.

What's going on, I wonder?

Rant off..

knine
04-30-2011, 06:29 AM
I cancelled AT&T when just having the home line before I made a call was $100.00. Transferred the number to a second cell phone, now I pay less than 90.00 for BOTH cells.

FordNut
04-30-2011, 06:30 AM
I have a very basic land line with AT&T. The taxes, fees, access charges, other assorted crap charges cost the same amount as the service, so I'm paying double what I ought to be paying.

LIGHTNIN1
04-30-2011, 07:20 AM
I have the basic service with them here and am getting ready to cancel them out. The monthly charge keeps creeping up, sometimes month to month. Its not worth it.

Vortex
04-30-2011, 07:25 AM
Verizon is even worse, I have an ATT cellphone and Verizon home phone and the Verizon is almost twice as expensive.

rayjay
04-30-2011, 07:30 AM
Trash canned the phone company a long time ago. Cable phone, call anywhere in US for as long as you want to talk, $35 a month, including taxes. Cell phones are very unreliable where I live. Too many hills, not near enough towers.

Along these lines I had to call the power company and ask why does it cost $.75 for them to generate me a bill. No legitimate answer received and the the guy went silent when I asked " well isn't billing customsers a cost of doing business"? So now I have to pay for them to bill me, even if I elect to do it via the internet... :shake: and they wonder why this state is hemoraging population.

justbob
04-30-2011, 08:29 AM
I really need to get my act together and lower these phone bills..

My home AT&T with one line being the main with most options, the second line for fax only, and DSL is right around $94 IIRC

My Verizon cell plan for unlimited text, and internet for the miss's and I, and a cancel at anytime but unlimited text line for my one boy is $156.00.

Add another $92 for Dish Networks everything but premiums. I only mention this because on a few phone plans provided by other companies, I could add TV.

The problem is I need every line? The dollar amounts may be a bit higher, I may come back and adjust accordingly, but you get the picture.

MOTOWN
04-30-2011, 02:56 PM
i ditched at&t and ported my number to sprint! better service, and no more dancing bills!

1 Bad Merc
04-30-2011, 03:49 PM
I dont know if you have WOW in your area but it was cheaper for me to have two phone lines, Internet and cable tv for under $100. I was paying $102 for just my two phone lines with At&T another $58 dollars for Comcast Internet that went down all the time.

Had to make the switch to WOW and it is so much better then the Comcast crap I was dealing with. Plus I have caller ID and Messaging and alot of other options that were always extra's with AT&T.

fastblackmerc
04-30-2011, 04:40 PM
Ditch your land line and go with an internet phone. We use Vonage.

http://www.vonage.com/

If you decide to go with them, PM me and I'll give your my phone number (referral) and we'll both get a deal.