PDA

View Full Version : Import Envy

PonyUP
04-30-2011, 05:28 PM
So I was a little bored this afternoon, and jonesing for some car chases. So I decided to go see Fast Five. On the way back from the theatre, I had a twenty something kid driving what I think was a subaru, had the spolier and hood scoop.

He was behind me at a red light and I caught him snapping a picture of the Marauder with his cell phone.

You can buy an import if you want to go fast, but if you want to get there fast and in style, get a Marauder

RF Overlord
04-30-2011, 05:39 PM
The thing I liked about the original TFTF was that most of the car stunts appeared to be real. In each one since then it's become increasingly obvious that they are just CGI and are blatantly ludicrous.

PonyUP
04-30-2011, 05:41 PM
The thing I liked about the original TFTF was that most of the car stunts appeared to be real. In each one since then it's become increasingly obvious that they are just CGI and are blatantly ludicrous.

Oh is that the truth, and this one was loaded with BS from minute one. But it had some energy and was a little fun, but I'm a ways away from calling it a good movie. But if it was 3am and I couldn't sleep and caught it on cable, I'd watch

justbob
05-01-2011, 02:59 AM
Hmmm. Last camera I remember grabbing a shot at me was from the lady that thought she would steal my open lane at the stop light I was approaching... Or should I say sped up and still tried to put her rear bumper into my fender? Yeah, that didn't sit well with me. Approximately .5 seconds later, this black taxi SCREAMED at her. :) She was quite pissed at her FAIL moment.

Funny Brad, Joe and I were at a speed shop open house yesterday, and I saw on the way home 5 was playing at the drive in. We both had our kids and rather enjoyed the flick, albeit the sucky blurred picture.

PonyUP
05-01-2011, 07:00 AM
Hmmm. Last camera I remember grabbing a shot at me was from the lady that thought she would steal my open lane at the stop light I was approaching... Or should I say sped up and still tried to put her rear bumper into my fender? Yeah, that didn't sit well with me. Approximately .5 seconds later, this black taxi SCREAMED at her. :) She was quite pissed at her FAIL moment.

Funny Brad, Joe and I were at a speed shop open house yesterday, and I saw on the way home 5 was playing at the drive in. We both had our kids and rather enjoyed the flick, albeit the sucky blurred picture.

Yeah it was fun, even if it was made in foundations of BS, but most movies are, definitely gave an adrenaline pump

Motorhead350
05-01-2011, 12:19 PM
So I was a little bored this afternoon, and jonesing for some car chases. So I decided to go see Fast Five. On the way back from the theatre, I had a twenty something kid driving what I think was a subaru, had the spolier and hood scoop.

He was behind me at a red light and I caught him snapping a picture of the Marauder with his cell phone.

You can buy an import if you want to go fast, but if you want to get there fast and in style, get a Marauder

Maybe he can't afford one at that age. Unless you are saying his car was of equal value.

PonyUP
05-01-2011, 01:22 PM
Maybe he can't afford one at that age. Unless you are saying his car was of equal value.

No, I just haven't seen a whole pot of import drivers out there that would go as far as to take a picture, at least not at that age.