PDA

View Full Version : What is considered Average?

1 Bad Merc
05-01-2011, 06:31 PM
I just had an experience that I would like to forget. A guy I know from the neighborhood just stopped by with his' 1934 Ford Coupe and asked if I wanted to go for a ride with him. I said sure and attempted to get in the car.

I could barely get in the dam thing and my knees were hitting the dashboard which made for a very uncomfortable ride. I practically had to break the door to shut it and was afraid that me leaning on it would make it pop open. :eek:

I always wanted an old 1930's Ford or Chevy Coupe but now I am really thinking that is just a pipe dream. I dont think I am that big but at 6', 260 lbs I just dont fit into those cars. I cant imagine having to ride for even a half hour in one let alone take a trip. I could never make it!

Were people really that much smaller back then?

PonyUP
05-01-2011, 06:35 PM
I just had an experience that I would like to forget. A guy I know from the neighborhood just stopped by with his' 1934 Ford Coupe and asked if I wanted to go for a ride with him. I said sure and attempted to get in the car.

I could barely get in the dam thing and my knees were hitting the dashboard which made for a very uncomfortable ride. I practically had to break the door to shut it and was afraid that me leaning on it would make it pop open. :eek:

I always wanted an old 1930's Ford or Chevy Coupe but now I am really thinking that is just a pipe dream. I dont think I am that big but at 6', 260 lbs I just dont fit into those cars. I cant imagine having to ride for even a half hour in one let alone take a trip. I could never make it!

Yea they were, there wasn't as much fast food. I feel ya though, I'm 6'1 275 and there are just some cars I won't ride in, most are made in Japan. But my Marauder and Mustang fit me just fine

Mr. Man
05-01-2011, 06:49 PM
Well I started to answer this question and got slapped on the back of the noggin:D

You might be able to get a fiberglass kit and custom fit the seat for your needs.:)

justbob
05-01-2011, 07:05 PM
What exactly is the problem here??? :P

wickedmerc
05-01-2011, 07:14 PM
I feel you pain man, but in a more modern way.
I borrowed my in-law's '09 Cobalt last week. My wife was :rofl: with the site of me getting in or out of the thing. Sitting in a "comfortable" driving spot, my head slightly brushed the headliner....and I'm only 6ft! Tough to feel manly in that car.

PhastPhil
05-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Yeah, some of the 1930's and older cars are tight. Usually just the cheaper models. My friend has a 1931 Essex Touring sedan. Essex was a divison of Hudson. His car has plenty of room in the front and back.
My 1940 Buick has plenty of room also. So, there is no need to dimiss ther idea of owning an older car. You just have to find the right one for you.

guspech750
05-01-2011, 08:25 PM
"What is considered average", Thats what she said!!

Motorhead350
05-02-2011, 12:05 AM
Times change, machinery doesn't.

SC Cheesehead
05-02-2011, 04:28 AM

Yea they were, there wasn't as much fast food. I feel ya though, I'm 6'1 275 and there are just some cars I won't ride in, most are made in Japan. But my Marauder and Mustang fit me just fine

Well, no sense me trying to ride in one of those... ;)

massacre
05-02-2011, 04:33 AM
was the car chopped/channelled?

Joe Walsh
05-02-2011, 06:29 AM
...............:laugh:........ ......:laugh:

Well I started to answer this question and got slapped on the back of the noggin:D

I was going to answer:

"Depends on what kind of movies you watch!".....:eek:

1 Bad Merc
05-02-2011, 06:59 AM
was the car chopped/channelled?

I think it might have been both-not 100% sure but it looked like it was lowered to me. The windows looked skinny also and I did have to duck to get in to it. Just seemed like I was almost sitting on top of my friend why he was shifting. Kinda crazy as I thought these cars had more room.

I guess this just reinforces my need to go on a DIET! ;)

CBT
05-02-2011, 07:07 AM
I think it might have been both-not 100% sure but it looked like it was lowered to me. The windows looked skinny also and I did have to duck to get in to it. Just seemed like I was almost sitting on top of my friend why he was shifting. Kinda crazy as I thought these cars had more room.

I guess this just reinforces my need to go on a DIET! ;)

Yeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhh, I don't think you were actually in a car at all.......

1 Bad Merc
05-02-2011, 08:50 AM
Yeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhh, I don't think you were actually in a car at all.......

I could of been in a car.........not sure who was driving or shifting!!!! :cool4:

I hate it when you catch me;)

knine
05-02-2011, 06:59 PM
With over 11,000 hetro-sexual participants, the survey puts the average erect size of the adult wank between 5.5 inches and 6.2 inches in length and 4.7 inches and 5.1 inches in girth. One non-hetro-sexual replied with "I've got an angry inch".

vtwoodsman
05-02-2011, 07:05 PM
In the 1930's and 40's men usually weighed in the range of 145 to 165 lbs, and women 105 to 125 lbs. If you think modern passenger jet economy class seating is tight....blame it on the standard size of people back in 1955. That model is still used today.

CBT
05-03-2011, 03:13 AM
With over 11,000 hetro-sexual participants, the survey puts the average erect size of the adult wank between 5.5 inches and 6.2 inches in length and 4.7 inches and 5.1 inches in girth. One non-hetro-sexual replied with "I've got an angry inch".

I've been sand-bagging.

Bigdogjim
05-03-2011, 03:42 AM
I dont think I am that big but at 6', 260 lbs I just dont fit into those cars. I cant imagine having to ride for even a half hour in one let alone take a trip. I could never make it! Were people really that much smaller back then?

Try being 6" taller and add another 100 lbs:):rolleyes:

CBT
05-03-2011, 03:44 AM

Okay then, 3.6 to 4.0 and 3.0 to 4.5, muhahahahaaaa....:D

knine
05-03-2011, 04:56 AM
that would equate to having an "angry inch and one quarter"

SC Cheesehead
05-03-2011, 05:59 AM

Tell me about it....:(