PDA

View Full Version : Lightning strike

dakslim
05-05-2011, 05:06 PM
Lightning struck my house the day before yesterday.:( Fried my garage door opener, dishwasher, light over the sink, refrigerator, computer, cable box in my bedroom and did some damage in my new Carolina/Florida/sun room.:bigcry: Also did some structural damage to my eaves but not serious and no fires, thank God.:) Cable and direct tv is out too. Hope to have all replaced and or repaired by next weekend. Hope everyone else in this area made out ok.

Blk Mamba
05-05-2011, 05:47 PM
I'm a big proponent for lightning suppression systems, and always have been, check them out. Glad everything is OK except for a few appliances.

SC Cheesehead
05-05-2011, 06:55 PM
Dang, Phil!

We had a lightning strike while we living in Foxfire, took out two TV's.

Glad you're okay, you 'ol Coot. :up:

Mr. Man
05-05-2011, 07:03 PM
Lightning struck my house the day before yesterday.:( Fried my garage door opener, dishwasher, light over the sink, refrigerator, computer, cable box in my bedroom and did some damage in my new Carolina/Florida/sun room.:bigcry: Also did some structural damage to my eaves but not serious and no fires, thank God.:) Cable and direct tv is out too. Hope to have all replaced and or repaired by next weekend. Hope everyone else in this area made out ok.
I hear it put your pace-maker into overdrive and now the little woman's got no where to hide:D

F8LBITEva
05-05-2011, 07:15 PM
OH NO!! I hope insurance takes care of you. I see some flat screens in your future.

RoyLPita
05-06-2011, 04:11 AM

Sorry to hear this. Does a Homeowners insurance policy cover this?

Bigdogjim
05-06-2011, 04:30 AM
Usally a lighting strick is covered. As always one need to read all the fine print.

Happy to hear no one was hurt and propery damage was not severe. (no fire)

dakslim
05-08-2011, 04:04 PM
OH NO!! I hope insurance takes care of you. I see some flat screens in your future.

Lol, my thoughts exactly. I have a $500.00 deductable so not too bad. It appears my insurance will cover everything else. TV in livingroom is ok but the one in my bedroom is toast...pardon the pun. Everytime I drive in the driveway I push the :censor: garage door button and nothing happens.:P

SC Cheesehead
05-08-2011, 07:02 PM
Lol, my thoughts exactly. I have a $500.00 deductable so not too bad. It appears my insurance will cover everything else. TV in livingroom is ok but the one in my bedroom is toast...pardon the pun. Everytime I drive in the driveway I push the :censor: garage door button and nothing happens.:P

You sure you're at the right house, you ol' Coot?

tbone
05-08-2011, 07:22 PM
My house was hit by a leader about 15 years ago. It shot a spark out of the tv while we were watching and left a chip in the glass. Fried my laser printer, modem, rooftop antenna where it hit, and garage door opener/dishwasher like you. Wow!