PDA

View Full Version : little project i did

ImpalaSlayer
05-09-2011, 03:44 PM
so ive been getting back into shooting as of late. and finally got the wasr10 unpacked and got the cosmoline off it. they come with unfinished wood so i watched some you tube vids on how to pull all the wood off (piece of cake) and went to work staining the wood

when you get one, they look like this :puke:
http://www.walkerfirearms.com/images/originals/72l_RI1166--WASR10-MilStock.jpg

went down to lowes, picked up some stain and some spray on polly in a can and it turned out like this

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/blaster250cr/IMG_2655.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/blaster250cr/IMG_2656.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/blaster250cr/IMG_2658.jpg

what do yall think?

btw, this thing is a ****in blast! literally!

Jimimac43
05-09-2011, 03:55 PM
Very nice work.

DallasT
05-09-2011, 03:58 PM
NICE looks wayyyy BETTER

Mr. Man
05-09-2011, 04:00 PM
It looks Russian. Nice job Comrade:D

yjmud
05-09-2011, 04:00 PM
very very nice I need to do that to mine

ImpalaSlayer
05-09-2011, 04:02 PM
thanks all, im pretty pleased with it

very very nice I need to do that to mine

if you want to send me the furniture off it ill gladly do it for you at no charge other then shipping back to you. ive got enough stain to do russias whole army :lol:

i really enjoyed doing it.

LANDY
05-09-2011, 04:11 PM
looks very nice Dave, they are indeed a blast.
i havent shot mine in over two years :alone:

ImpalaSlayer
05-09-2011, 04:12 PM
looks very nice Dave, they are indeed a blast.
i havent shot mine in over two years :alone:

blow the dust off that baby! i picked up 1150rnds from ammoman.com for 230 shipped. shooting tannerite with this thing is HIGHLY entertaining!

yjmud
05-09-2011, 05:09 PM
I like the 5.45x39 even cheaper to shoot all day with

-Matt-
05-09-2011, 06:41 PM
get a matching wooden grip ya dork.... under-folders FTW

tjl006
05-09-2011, 06:47 PM
In soviet russia wood stain you. Looking good Dave

SC Cheesehead
05-09-2011, 08:37 PM
Dave,

I lust....

RR|Suki
05-09-2011, 09:47 PM
Looks good, and it's funny about the stain, I bought the tiny jar and I still have 7/8 of it after doing mine. I guess it's a good reason to buy more rifles, maybe a Draco next :D

rayjay
05-10-2011, 07:27 AM
blow the dust off that baby! i picked up 1150rnds from ammoman.com for 230 shipped. shooting tannerite with this thing is HIGHLY entertaining!

Thats not a bad price for ammo, but I remember pre B HO when it was $79 per thousand any place. Kinda makes you sick. I need to shoot mine more too.

RR|Suki
05-10-2011, 07:47 AM
Thats not a bad price for ammo, but I remember pre B HO when it was $79 per thousand any place. Kinda makes you sick. I need to shoot mine more too.

At the rate the dollar's value as been hurting this year $79 in the pre ban years is prob close to $200 these days anyways :lol:

rayjay
05-10-2011, 08:14 AM
At the rate the dollar's value as been hurting this year $79 in the pre ban years is prob close to $200 these days anyways :lol:

Yep, they are doing a lot to fix that aren't they. Go buy a electric car that is not made in the US and only works year round in warm climates. If we re elect him next year we get exactly what we deserve...

RR|Suki
05-10-2011, 09:22 AM
Yep, they are doing a lot to fix that aren't they. Go buy a electric car that is not made in the US and only works year round in warm climates. If we re elect him next year we get exactly what we deserve...

My comment was mostly tongue in cheek since inflation always trends to increase prices overtime so comparing prices 20 years ago to present is silly. Actually, factually, they are controlling inflation rather well so far, if you look at the numbers 2006, 2007, 2008 were all worse years for inflation than 2009-present by more than a slight margin. So to answer your rhetorical question, they are doing a lot to fix the mess created in those previous years if you actually look at the situation objectively, but I digress since this thread has nothing to do with that.

rayjay
05-10-2011, 11:55 AM
Actually ammo and firearms were reasonably priced until just about three years ago when there was a scare that the 2nd Amendment was under serious attack. Its only been in the last 6 months that prices have started to come down, but I'm afraid we'll never see $3.99 - $4.99 a box 9mm ammo ever again. Like oil, once they get a taste for gouging, it continues.

RR|Suki
05-10-2011, 02:01 PM
Actually ammo and firearms were reasonably priced until just about three years ago when there was a scare that the 2nd Amendment was under serious attack. Its only been in the last 6 months that prices have started to come down, but I'm afraid we'll never see $3.99 - $4.99 a box 9mm ammo ever again. Like oil, once they get a taste for gouging, it continues.

again that was caused by people running with mis-information, they were whipped into a frenzy and the sellers had large profits due to stupidity. That's a moot point anyway since most ammo is back to where it was pre 2008 etc. Back in 2005 or 6 whenever I got my G39 9mm was $10 a box, just like it is now, and actually my .45 GAP was $5 more per box than it is now.

PS I still don't know what artificially inflated temporary price bubbles due to people's ignorance and misunderstanding has to do with the general trend of the value of currency over time >_>

sailsmen
05-10-2011, 03:20 PM
My comment was mostly tongue in cheek since inflation always trends to increase prices overtime so comparing prices 20 years ago to present is silly. Actually, factually, they are controlling inflation rather well so far, if you look at the numbers 2006, 2007, 2008 were all worse years for inflation than 2009-present by more than a slight margin. So to answer your rhetorical question, they are doing a lot to fix the mess created in those previous years if you actually look at the situation objectively, but I digress since this thread has nothing to do with that.

Actually it is the opposite. What they "controlled" was deflation a/k/a Great Depression by increasing the money supply in one year 11 times more than it was ever been increased before, (when prime subsequently hit 21.5%).

This is resulting in inflation as evident by loss in confidence in our ability to pay back our Gov't Debts, other countries continually making moves to replace the dollar as the currency of oil and the reserve currency.

As soon as the threat of deflation is gone the Fed Reserve will do their best to inflate away their "obligations". This is the Great Destroyer of Wealth Power that the Fed Reserve has to devalue your assets and income.

rayjay
05-10-2011, 04:01 PM
again that was caused by people running with mis-information, they were whipped into a frenzy and the sellers had large profits due to stupidity. That's a moot point anyway since most ammo is back to where it was pre 2008 etc. Back in 2005 or 6 whenever I got my G39 9mm was $10 a box, just like it is now, and actually my .45 GAP was $5 more per box than it is now.

PS I still don't know what artificially inflated temporary price bubbles due to people's ignorance and misunderstanding has to do with the general trend of the value of currency over time >_>

I guess its cheaper where you live. Natchez used to put CCI Blazer on sale for $3.99, now its $9.99 on sale. I did the purchasing for my agency and we also noticed a 50% increase in the state price for S&W 40 cal. I could get cases of carry ammo cheap, not anymore. Must be inflation.

sailsmen
05-10-2011, 04:06 PM

Perhaps they are well informed;
In 2008 "in a brief to the Supreme Court, Holder argued that “the Second Amendment did not protect an individual right to keep and bear arms,” that it only protected government militias’ rights to guns. He claimed that the Second Amendment posed no obstacle to implementing gun bans."

Holder - "disagree with the current position of the United States Department of Justice that the Second Amendment protects an individual right to keep and bear arms for purposes unrelated to a State’s operation of a well-regulated militia. That position, which was adopted in the fall of 2001, reversed the Department’s longstanding position that the Second Amendment is not implicated by firearms regulations that are designed to protect public safety and do not interfere with participation in a well-regulated militia.
The Department’s current position runs against the great weight of federal appellate authority, which has rejected the view that the Second Amendment protects a right to keep and bear arms for private purposes. Amici believe that the Department’s original position reflects the correct interpretation of the Second Amendment and that the current position, if adopted by this Court, will place vitally important gun-control legislation at risk of invalidation, to the detriment of effective law enforcement and public safety."

President Obama per Vote Smart got an F from the NRA.

Perhaps they looked around and saw economic turmoil.

Dennis Reinhart
05-10-2011, 04:41 PM
Perhaps they are well informed;
In 2008 "in a brief to the Supreme Court, Holder argued that “the Second Amendment did not protect an individual right to keep and bear arms,” that it only protected government militias’ rights to guns. He claimed that the Second Amendment posed no obstacle to implementing gun bans."

Holder - "disagree with the current position of the United States Department of Justice that the Second Amendment protects an individual right to keep and bear arms for purposes unrelated to a State’s operation of a well-regulated militia. That position, which was adopted in the fall of 2001, reversed the Department’s longstanding position that the Second Amendment is not implicated by firearms regulations that are designed to protect public safety and do not interfere with participation in a well-regulated militia.
The Department’s current position runs against the great weight of federal appellate authority, which has rejected the view that the Second Amendment protects a right to keep and bear arms for private purposes. Amici believe that the Department’s original position reflects the correct interpretation of the Second Amendment and that the current position, if adopted by this Court, will place vitally important gun-control legislation at risk of invalidation, to the detriment of effective law enforcement and public safety."

President Obama per Vote Smart got an F from the NRA.

Perhaps they looked around and saw economic turmoil.

Good one Billy:beer::beer: