PDA

View Full Version : Zoiks!! These are crazy prices.

CBT
05-10-2011, 07:17 AM
Nice Cobra in the second pic.

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2011/autos/1105/gallery.barn_finds/index.html

PonyUP
05-10-2011, 08:57 AM
Nice Cobra in the second pic.

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2011/autos/1105/gallery.barn_finds/index.html

It's really pretty amazing. I've been watching this show "Wrecks to Riches" and essentially what they do is buy a crappy turd rust bucket, buy it for $1500-$7000 (at least those are the ranges I have seen) completely restore it, though typically adding some of today's amenities, and then auction at Meacum.

The highest one I saw went for over $100K, but it wasn't working on anything extremely rare like that bugati or shelby.

It's been RoadRunners, El Caminos, 57 Chevy is on Thursday night this week.

CBT
05-10-2011, 09:05 AM
May record it, or if it is on after I get out of class i'll watch it. :beer:

It's really pretty amazing. I've been watching this show "Wrecks to Riches" and essentially what they do is buy a crappy turd rust bucket, buy it for $1500-$7000 (at least those are the ranges I have seen) completely restore it, though typically adding some of today's amenities, and then auction at Meacum.

The highest one I saw went for over $100K, but it wasn't working on anything extremely rare like that bugati or shelby.

LIGHTNIN1
05-10-2011, 11:06 AM
Those look like prices if they were in excellent original condition or frame off 3 year resto. Guess these buyers did their research.

JoeBoomz
05-10-2011, 02:43 PM

They have an episode with an old Marauder in it. Very torrent-able.

rayjay
05-10-2011, 03:33 PM
There is another show on where the guys own a junk yard in Arizona, pick a car to restore, and then sell it at auction. The prices they get are not the astronomical ones you see on other shows. The cars are actually affordable. I think the show is Desert Car Kings or something like that.

dmjarosz
05-10-2011, 06:29 PM
This reminds me of an article I read a few years ago about someone who bought property in England or Scotland or one of those countries. It had a huge steel barn with the doors rusted shut. He had to cut the lock off and found millions of dollars worth of cars in it. Anyone remember that?

-Matt-
05-11-2011, 09:02 AM
funny.... that ford gt isnt even in bad shape

CBT
05-11-2011, 12:35 PM
funny.... that ford gt isnt even in bad shape

I believe they had to make a lot of the parts, it was not a complete car when found.