PDA

View Full Version : Smoked 30 or 40 ricers at once!

woaface
01-03-2004, 05:40 PM
With a cloud that is.

Because about that many gather at a small theme park every saturday to compare their latest mods and stare at eachothers small...blocks. Haha.

So my friend an I are leaving after we wasted $10 on go-carts twice, and he says "Hey, do a burn out, those cars suck!" I figure, "What the hell, there's not much tire left anyways." So I pull up to about 50 feet from the exit, and they are hogging up the next three rows of parking spaces to my left. I do the worst possible burn out ever on the first try...3 feet...it was warm. I at least have their attention now, so they can watch the big one. (All eyes are on me! I get dramatic! [stupid]) I flip to Netural, rev it up a couple of times, take my foot off, and right as the RPMs die off (around 2 or 3k) I drop to Drive and floor it. I completely melted the remaining tread on the rear tires. I also left at least 40 feet of rubber in the parking lot and then a left hand curve of 15 feet leaving the parking lot. I hear a couple guys in the crowd. There was one "WHOO!" and the rest was "GET THE ***** OUTTA HERE!" and "SCREW YOU!" Some of them just can't appreciate:D. BOY oh BOY was that fun, even though I could have very well dropped the transmission out of my car, I was careful. (ha.)

Now all I need is a new Marquis with a supercharger.

Donny Carlson
01-03-2004, 06:36 PM
Today was rather warm for winter, so on the way home I see one of those nice Lexus SC's driving ahead of me with the top down.... and the idiot owner had a huge WING attached to the back. Not even mounted right, either, damn thing was pointing up in the front, which I gather would result in lift instead of downforce. $64K for this car, and the dude passes on the factory spoiler for a JC Whitney wing?

As I got closer I noticed the car had been lowered and the ride looked choppy and hard.

Driver looked like Jerry Seinfield, only about 40 lbs heavier.:confused:

Imagine what you could do in mods to your MM with the difference between $64K US and what you paid for your MM.

Maybe even have enough left over from the mods to take Logan's cherry XR7 off his hands, too.:D

I was going to tell him at the light what I thought of the wing, but chickened out. Any jerkoff that can afford an SC likely is a doctor, dentist, or lawyer, and I don't want the possibility to be in front of him in a professional situation after I've besmirched his ride.:)

woaface
01-03-2004, 07:36 PM
I know a guy who owns an SC...none of those professions, but he's got lots of moo-la. His son let me drive it once, it picked up just a little faster than my marquis, stopped a bit quicker, and the steering was a bit tighter, but that's it. It's an ok car. The G35 Sedan that I've driven could smoke it in a heart beat. I prefer the G35. Even though you can't compare them:D

Donny Carlson
01-03-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by woaface
The G35 Sedan that I've driven could smoke it in a heart beat. I prefer the G35. Even though you can't compare them:D

I was seriously trying to put together a deal on an Infinity M45 before I bought my MM. I was really taken with the technology in this car... but ultimately the price of admission was too high for the cool toys I wanted on the car... and no dealer anywhere near me stocked the car the way I wanted it equipped, nor was particularly interested in dealing with someone who wanted to order a special M45 (and offer a discount).

I guess I was a sucker for the "intelligent muscle car" slogan.

Anywho, equipped like I wanted the sucker tipped in at $50K, and we're talking about a car with "ho hum" styling and not nearly as roomy as an MM.

After writing off the M45, I gave serious thought to an Infinity FX45, but again once I loaded it up with toys it was in the mid to upper $45 K range, and being a new model Infinity dealers were not interested in haggling. Also, this thing is supposed to be an SUV, and I was shocked at how cramped it felt inside... not much different than a Nissan Murano, which was much less expensive.

Ultimately I abandoned my trip down Rice Lane and decided to stick with cars assembled in North America (yeah UAW!!!), though I crossed off Mercedes M class, even though the plant is a short drive from here, simply because the local dealer and all their sales staff are snotty horse's patoots.:mad2:

KraziKid
01-04-2004, 12:23 AM
How could you subject your transmission to a neutral drop? That has to be one of, if not the, worst things you can do to a drive-train.

LincMercLover
01-04-2004, 12:35 AM
One wheel wonder I suppose? Gotta love those! :D

woaface
01-04-2004, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by KraziKid
How could you subject your transmission to a neutral drop? That has to be one of, if not the, worst things you can do to a drive-train.

Yeah I know, it wasn't smart...I won't be doing it again.

Petrograde
01-04-2004, 08:15 AM
maybe you should see Dennis Reinhart about a new transmission! lol

Well,.. I was 16 once. I can understand you wanting to 'represent' and I'd say you did. and maybe there are a few ricers out there now that will look at the Panther car a little differently. Just don't break you car in the process!

Just think how badly it would've sucked if you had dropped your transmission or your drive shaft in front of those ricers!

Tom

woaface
01-04-2004, 10:07 AM
That would have embarrassed me something awful, and that was on my mind the whole time. (But I still did it? ::cough:: dumbass) I had pretty much let the RPMs die down before I switched to drive and had my foot off of the gas. I then floored it right before the trans completely locked into D. I guess since I'll probably get it in college, I should take care of it:D. I am very lucky it didn't snap.
Dennis does transmissions too? I was interested in a chip, but a whole new box...whoopee!

While I'm at it, the gauges on the Marauder are white with black numbers. Can I get something other than grey with white numbers on the Marquis? It's so ugly. I noticed the S55 concept had that metallic grey color on the dials to match the rims.

woaface
01-04-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by LincMercLover
One wheel wonder I suppose? Gotta love those! :D

Yeah, there's only one big black mark on that pavement.

Petrograde
01-04-2004, 12:27 PM
I wonder if a Marauder console would fit your Grand Marquis?
hmmmm...

Tom

DetGeno
01-04-2004, 12:47 PM
"YOU'RE KILLING ME!!!!!"

DetGeno
01-04-2004, 12:50 PM
I did saw a kid that did the same thing with a Geo Metro once and I almost hit the light pole laughing!!!!

UAW 588
01-04-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Donny Carlson
Ultimately I abandoned by trip down Rice Lane and decided to stick with cars assembled in North America (yeah UAW!!!)

Your my hero. You the man. Buy AMERICAN, buy UNION, and buy often. Death to all RICE BURNERS. Peace out.

:bows: :up: :beer:

woaface
01-04-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Petrograde
I wonder if a Marauder console would fit your Grand Marquis?
hmmmm...

Tom

Well given that it's all the same, yes. I've seen it done too. But it discontinued it after about 6 months of production because there was no demand for it....I wonder why!?

RCSignals
01-04-2004, 09:03 PM
There was a Grand Marquis with a console and floor shift, it's still sold in Canada. It was dropped here just after the Marauder debuted.

Retrofits to column shift cars have been done as well

O's Fan Rich
01-05-2004, 09:56 AM
I recall an accidental ( yes it was TOTALLY accidental!) neutral drop in my 71 Olds Cutlass Supreme ( Man, I miss that car.)
Blew out the rear u-joint and imbeded a hunk of it in the pavement! I lucked out. Pulled the shaft out the rest of the way, cruised in mu bud's chevelle to his shop and put a newone in. Was bacck on the road in 2 hours!!!
An old H.S. friend, did one with his 69 Marauder, let's just say I never seen a 9" ring and pinion do THAT before!!!

Dr Caleb
01-05-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by RCSignals
There was a Grand Marquis with a console and floor shift, it's still sold in Canada. It was dropped here just after the Marauder debuted.

I saw a couple GM's with the floor shifts. The surrounding facia is *chrome*. Guess what Marty! Must be where yours came from!

And the dealer where I bought my MM from still has it's two sisters selling for $35,000 CDN. ($25,900USD)

woaface
01-05-2004, 03:35 PM
Someone here has a Marquis shifter in their Marauder. Or at least the chrome pieces. It was only offered on the LSE. There's a picture somewhere around the website. It looks really sweet!

jgc61sr2002
01-05-2004, 08:54 PM
I believe the Grand Marquis LSE with the bucket seats has a console.l

woaface
01-06-2004, 02:05 PM
Yup, but no center shifter now. It was nice...

woaface
01-06-2004, 02:12 PM
www.thehollywoodextra.com/test%20mercury/ mercury%20test.html

^Where I got the picture^

jaywish
01-06-2004, 03:28 PM
When I went to the dealer to see the new 03 Marquis sport that is what they showed, only available with a consol.

I thought it sucked as I really like a split bench. I guess as I'm getting older. It's harder to hop over the darn thing (consol) without breaking something.

I mean breaking a part of the car, I'm not that old yet. ;)

woaface
01-06-2004, 04:42 PM
Yeah, I can see how that would get in the way with my social agenda too;)

cruzer
01-06-2004, 07:53 PM
My son-in- law has a '01 LSE--the console is just like ours, on the floor, chrome shifter shaft and chrome bezel--just no guages

woaface
01-06-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by cruzer
My son-in- law has a '01 LSE--the console is just like ours, on the floor, chrome shifter shaft and chrome bezel--just no guages

I know, I stole 'em:D