PDA

View Full Version : Hiccups...for TWO days. Suggestions?

FormulaMarauder
05-15-2011, 08:54 AM
Yesterday morning at 5:30 I woke up w/hiccups and they havent gone away since. Here it is, 31 hrs later, still going strong. The problem is, im getting NASY heartburn and indigestion because the frequent hiccups are trying to push food back up. So its a two fold mess. Anyone have this happen before? Suggestions? May call the doc tomorrow.

Blackened300a
05-15-2011, 08:59 AM
2 days? Have that checked out ASAP.

ImpalaSlayer
05-15-2011, 09:17 AM
yeah that would piss me off to no end. i seen some where a girl whos had them her whole life!

Bigdogjim
05-15-2011, 09:21 AM
Actually if you stick out your tongue and hold it ( just for a few seconds) that usally does the trick!

Ask me how I know:)

vtwoodsman
05-15-2011, 10:12 AM
Yesterday morning at 5:30 I woke up w/hiccups and they havent gone away since. Here it is, 31 hrs later, still going strong. The problem is, im getting NASY heartburn and indigestion because the frequent hiccups are trying to push food back up. So its a two fold mess. Anyone have this happen before? Suggestions? May call the doc tomorrow.

My father had the same symptoms. Turns out he had an infection in his esophogus (sp?) causing the hiccups. Can't remember if it was viral or bacterial.