PDA

View Full Version : End of the World

PonyUP
05-18-2011, 01:38 PM
Tick tock goes the doomsday clock (http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/18/tick-tock-goes-the-doomsday-clock/)

By Jessica Ravitz, CNN
(CNN) - For months they’ve been spreading the word, answering the biblical call of Ezekiel 33 to sound the alarm and warn the people.
Their message, which they say the Bible guarantees, is simple: The end of the world is near.
And now, it’s suddenly really near - so near that if these folks are right, you should probably pass on buying green bananas.
Perhaps you’ve already noticed, what with the billboards and signs dotting the landscape, the pamphlets blowing in the wind and the RVs plastered with Judgment Day warnings weaving through cities. Or maybe, as the birds chirped outside and you sipped your morning coffee, a full-page newspaper ad for the upcoming mass destruction caught your eye.
May 21, 2011, according to loyal listeners of Family Radio (http://www.familyradio.com/index2.html), a Christian broadcasting network based in Oakland, California, will mark the Day of Rapture and the start of Judgment Day (which, they say, will last five months). Those who are saved will be taken up to heaven, and those who aren’t will endure unspeakable suffering. Dead bodies will be strewn about as earthquakes ravage the Earth, they say. And come October 21, they’ll tell you, the entire world will be kaput.
It’s the kind of belief that riles up churchgoers who insist no one can know when Judgment Day will come, and the sort that many say does a disservice to Christianity (http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/17/my-take-may-21st-doomsday-movement-harms-christianity/). And it’s the kind of message that delights the types who are planning tongue-in-cheek End of the World parties and are responding to a Facebook invitation to attend a post-rapture looting (http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=121968371215699) . Rapture events, including one at a tiki bar in Fort Lauderdale, are being hosted by American Atheists (http://www.atheists.org/). News outlets, comedians and even Doonesbury (http://www.doonesbury.com/) can’t seem to resist a good end-of-the-world prophecy.
Billboard battle over Judgment Day (http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/04/25/billboard-battle-over-judgment-day/)
Earlier this year, CNN traveled with a team of believers - all of whom had walked away from friends, families and jobs - as they set out to share this serious message aboard a caravan of Judgment Day RVs. These ambassadors or co-laborers in God’s work, as they see themselves, let us into their world. Along the way we met other supporters, as well as a sea of skeptics, many of them drunken pirates gathered for an annual festival in Florida.
Read about that journey and the roots of this doomsday message (http://www.cnn.com/2011/LIVING/03/06/judgment.day.caravan/index.html)
With only days to go, we wanted to know how the ambassadors are feeling now. Are they making special plans and saying goodbyes? Have their convictions stayed strong, or have doubts crept in? Are they at peace, excited or maybe afraid?
“We’ve been a little busy, as you can imagine,” said Fred Store, the team leader on our journey.
Reached at a motor home park in Providence, Rhode Island, Store spoke of the surge of support he’s seen in recent months – the 60 like-minded people (including someone who works for Homeland Security, he boasted) who joined his small crew on the Mall in Washington, and the hundreds who gathered in Times Square in New York.
But at the same time he said resistance from those who don’t believe has grown, too. The more people heard about the May 21 warning, the more they discussed it with their pastors and came prepared to argue.
Learn about doomsdays throughout time (http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/06/competition-for-when-the-world-will-end/)
And the media, while they’ve helped spread the message, will be turned away in the coming days. CNN hoped to be with Store and his team on doomsday, but the members said they needed that time to focus on their relationship with God. Perhaps that’s just as well, as an official at Family Radio headquarters pointed out: “What makes you think you’ll be able to get to them? The roads will be a mess," he said, referring to the expected earthquakes. Plus, Store said, even if we got there, there would be no time to edit and publish, so what's the point?
Store’s faith remains unwavering. Come Saturday, he and his team will be in Boston, standing in a spot with heavy foot traffic, passing out their pamphlets – which they call tracts – and doing what they believe God called them to do until the very end.
No longer with the team is Darryl Keitt, who ditched his caravan on May 6. He said his time on the RV was a “gift from God,” but he decided he needed to spend the last couple of weeks focusing on his non-believing family and friends in New Jersey. It was a decision he prayed about for several weeks.
His Elizabeth, New Jersey, apartment is pretty sparse, seeing as he gave away most everything before hitting the road.
“I was able to get my old place back,” he said. “But we only have four days to go, so I don’t need much.”
He’s reaching out to old friends and hoping his family will come around and believe what he says he knows to be true.
“I have not seen any signs that they are believing the message,” he said. “But I can’t read anybody’s heart; only God can. And I’m still praying for them. All I can do is continue to share my convictions.”
Tisan Dawud may not share his older half-brother's beliefs, but he supports the positive nature of what Keitt's doing and is awestruck by his dedication.
"He's trying to spread what he believes is the word of God, and I can't knock him for that," Dawud said Tuesday evening. "I became Muslim when I was very young, and he remained Christian. But I've always had respect for his beliefs, and he always had respect for my beliefs."
And rather than criticize or ridicule his brother, who he said isn't hurting anyone, Dawud wishes people would focus on those who deserve examination and condemnation - those selling drugs, molesting children, raping women or embezzling money, for example.
Keitt spends his days in prayer, reaching out to people on Facebook, listening to Family Radio and walking around his neighborhood in his Judgment Day cap and T-shirt. He ran out of tracts some time ago, and at this point it’s too late to order any more, he said. As for where he’ll be on Saturday: “It’s a good question," and one he's still considering.
He doesn’t like goodbyes, he said, and only told two people in his caravan team of 10 that he was leaving. He gave those two men, one of them Store, a quick hug and that was it.
“Preferably we’ll meet each other again,” Keitt said, “in heaven.”
Dennis Morrell was driving through Jacksonville, Florida, pulling his Judgment Day billboard trailer, when we reached him on his cell phone. He wasn’t part of the caravan of RVs but was among the Floridians who joined in to help Store’s team when they were in the city.
Morell and his wife quit their jobs to focus on warning others, a move that’s left their four kids – ages 17 to 24 – thinking “Mom and Dad are crazy,” he said.
He still hopes God will “open their spiritual eyes,” he said. “But they’re at an age where they love their lives. They don’t want this world to come to an end.”
His faith, though, is as firm as ever, and he wishes others would open their minds and hearts to this possibility.
“Why would you wait to see if this is actually going to happen? You have that option to cry out for mercy,” he said. “I don’t want to die and go to hell. Do you?”
He plans to spend the last days praying, up until the early hours of Saturday - when he’ll both pray and wait for 16 hours.
Why 16 hours? Morrell explained that the massive doomsday earthquake will start at the International Date Line before moving west. New Zealand, he said, will get hit first – at 6 p.m. local time. And then that wave of destruction will roll around the world, wreaking havoc at 6 p.m. in each time zone.
While Morrell expects he’ll reserve Saturday for private time, Benjamin Ramrajie of Ocala, Florida, doesn’t have any special plans.
We met Ramrajie in Tampa after his 7-year-old daughter issued a doomsday warning about how the sun would “turn red like blood.” He stood by and nodded his approval as she spoke about dead bodies and her fears of dying.
“Most of my family doesn’t agree 100 percent, and I don’t blame them because it is far-fetched,” he said. “I strongly believe it’s going to happen. But I just figure I’ll relax, maybe watch TV. If that’s the day we get raptured, great. If not, we’ll move on.”

I guess we shouldn't make plans for the weekend, for those that make it, I'll see you on the other side, for those that don't I suggest we set up a Marauder army to fend off evil forces in the bad lands :beer:

Motorhead350
05-18-2011, 01:41 PM
The end of zee world? Woo hoo! Once again religion has brainwashed the masses.

Blackened300a
05-18-2011, 01:44 PM
These idiots were walking with signs on the west side of Manhattan last weekend. They have a huge tour bus and billboards advertising this.
BTW, this guy made 3 previous predictions of the end of the world years ago. :shake:

PonyUP
05-18-2011, 01:46 PM
These idiots were walking with signs on the west side of Manhattan last weekend. They have a huge tour bus and billboards advertising this.
BTW, this guy made 3 previous predictions of the end of the world years ago. :shake:

That's what get's me, after all the caravan, the RV convoy, the people that have quit their jobs and abandoned their kids, what happens on May 22nd when they wake up and realize the sun still shines and they threw it away for nothing....Welp, make up another date

Motorhead350
05-18-2011, 01:51 PM
That's what get's me, after all the caravan, the RV convoy, the people that have quit their jobs and abandoned their kids, what happens on May 22nd when they wake up and realize the sun still shines and they threw it away for nothing....Welp, make up another date

Yup...........

Blackened300a
05-18-2011, 01:52 PM
He claims that its the "start" of the end of the world. The actual end is October 21st 2011. We planned MV9 the week before just so we can have one last Marauder event before the end of the world. (Yeah we thought of that too):D

In the bible after God flooded the Earth, it states that he will come back and destroy the Earth once again 7000 years later. Well May 21st 2011 is 7000 years according to whatever calender the guy decided to follow. :rolleyes:

Motorhead350
05-18-2011, 02:13 PM
He claims that its the "start" of the end of the world. The actual end is October 21st 2011. We planned MV9 the week before just so we can have one last Marauder event before the end of the world. (Yeah we thought of that too):D

In the bible after God flooded the Earth, it states that he will come back and destroy the Earth once again 7000 years later. Well May 21st 2011 is 7000 years according to whatever calender the guy decided to follow. :rolleyes:

I second that too.

Dennis Reinhart
05-18-2011, 02:21 PM
Repent sinners PRAISE THE LORD I SAW THE LIGHT.

Papillon
05-18-2011, 02:26 PM

Hahahaaaa!!!!! True story!

Well according to "these people" May 21st is "Rapture" which, from what I gathered from the radio this morning, is when God will come take you and welcome you into paradise because you have done right by him. The rest of the wrong-doers will die when the world blows up or whatever happens in October. :shake:

SEE Y'ALL AT MARAUDERVILLE!!!!!!! ;) :banana:

Krytin
05-18-2011, 02:40 PM
Figures, May 21rst, the day AFTER my colonoscopy!

I should have waited!

Bigdogjim
05-18-2011, 02:41 PM
Figures, May 21rst, the day AFTER my colonoscopy!

I should have waited!

No you should no have waited! You want a clean azz for judgment day:)

Papillon
05-18-2011, 02:42 PM
LMAO!!!

Reschedule.

:lol:

RacerX
05-18-2011, 02:45 PM
I fell asleep right after Ezekiel 33... I always fell asleep in church, it just turned into the teachers in the Charlie Brown cartoons... WAH wha wha, whawha wha, whawhawha wha wha... Soooooooo if I rob a bank and rape the neighbor's goat, I'm good?

SC Cheesehead
05-18-2011, 02:49 PM
So, no MV10, is that what you're saying? :dunno:

No, Dom, not everyone who considers themselves a religous person is "brainwashed," ask me how I know... ;)

CBT
05-18-2011, 04:22 PM
So, no MV10, is that what you're saying? :dunno:

No, Dom, not everyone who considers themselves a religous person is "brainwashed," ask me how I know... ;)

Same here. Oh, if anyone wants to get married before then, I can hook you up! :beer:

Bigdogjim
05-18-2011, 04:32 PM
On May 22 I will host a big after the end of the world party at my house:)

All are welcome.

PM me for address:lol:

Bigdogjim
05-18-2011, 04:36 PM

If they are wrong they will blame the Govermaent for messing with the clock some how?

If they are right then we all look like a bunch of smacked azz's.

Now where is my prayer Book:help:

Bigdogjim
05-18-2011, 04:38 PM

That was not me:) Even I have standardrs:P

CBT
05-18-2011, 04:38 PM
On May 22 I will host a big after the end of the world party at my house:)

All are welcome.

PM me for address:lol:
It would TAKE the end of the world to catch me in New Jersey!!!

Thanks, goodnite everybody! You're a beautiful audience!! Drive Safe!!

jerrym3
05-18-2011, 04:39 PM
Can anyone tell me what a good person and a bad person are?

If I do good things, but I don't believe in religion, am I a bad person?

If I do bad things, but I go to church, confessions, etc, am I a good person?

So confusing.

Anyway, we have a big garage sale set for this weekend.

Terrible timing.

Bigdogjim
05-18-2011, 04:40 PM
[QUOTE=SC Cheesehead;1046764]So, no MV10, is that what you're saying? :dunno:[QUOTE]

No I think some members some where are plannning # X :)

CBT
05-18-2011, 04:42 PM

So confusing.

Terrible timing.
Do you accept Jesus Christ as your personal savior?

Spectragod
05-18-2011, 06:26 PM

Yes I do, and I look forward to the day we get to meet......but, I'm brainwashed according to Dom.

SID210SA
05-18-2011, 07:03 PM

Yeah, but do you think the weather will be good???:eek:

tbone
05-18-2011, 07:28 PM
Tick tock goes the doomsday clock (http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/18/tick-tock-goes-the-doomsday-clock/)

By Jessica Ravitz, CNN
(CNN) - For months they’ve been spreading the word, answering the biblical call of Ezekiel 33 to sound the alarm and warn the people.
Their message, which they say the Bible guarantees, is simple: The end of the world is near.
And now, it’s suddenly really near - so near that if these folks are right, you should probably pass on buying green bananas.
Perhaps you’ve already noticed, what with the billboards and signs dotting the landscape, the pamphlets blowing in the wind and the RVs plastered with Judgment Day warnings weaving through cities. Or maybe, as the birds chirped outside and you sipped your morning coffee, a full-page newspaper ad for the upcoming mass destruction caught your eye.
May 21, 2011, according to loyal listeners of Family Radio (http://www.familyradio.com/index2.html), a Christian broadcasting network based in Oakland, California, will mark the Day of Rapture and the start of Judgment Day (which, they say, will last five months). Those who are saved will be taken up to heaven, and those who aren’t will endure unspeakable suffering. Dead bodies will be strewn about as earthquakes ravage the Earth, they say. And come October 21, they’ll tell you, the entire world will be kaput.
It’s the kind of belief that riles up churchgoers who insist no one can know when Judgment Day will come, and the sort that many say does a disservice to Christianity (http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/17/my-take-may-21st-doomsday-movement-harms-christianity/). And it’s the kind of message that delights the types who are planning tongue-in-cheek End of the World parties and are responding to a Facebook invitation to attend a post-rapture looting (http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=121968371215699) . Rapture events, including one at a tiki bar in Fort Lauderdale, are being hosted by American Atheists (http://www.atheists.org/). News outlets, comedians and even Doonesbury (http://www.doonesbury.com/) can’t seem to resist a good end-of-the-world prophecy.
Billboard battle over Judgment Day (http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/04/25/billboard-battle-over-judgment-day/)
Earlier this year, CNN traveled with a team of believers - all of whom had walked away from friends, families and jobs - as they set out to share this serious message aboard a caravan of Judgment Day RVs. These ambassadors or co-laborers in God’s work, as they see themselves, let us into their world. Along the way we met other supporters, as well as a sea of skeptics, many of them drunken pirates gathered for an annual festival in Florida.
Read about that journey and the roots of this doomsday message (http://www.cnn.com/2011/LIVING/03/06/judgment.day.caravan/index.html)
With only days to go, we wanted to know how the ambassadors are feeling now. Are they making special plans and saying goodbyes? Have their convictions stayed strong, or have doubts crept in? Are they at peace, excited or maybe afraid?
“We’ve been a little busy, as you can imagine,” said Fred Store, the team leader on our journey.
Reached at a motor home park in Providence, Rhode Island, Store spoke of the surge of support he’s seen in recent months – the 60 like-minded people (including someone who works for Homeland Security, he boasted) who joined his small crew on the Mall in Washington, and the hundreds who gathered in Times Square in New York.
But at the same time he said resistance from those who don’t believe has grown, too. The more people heard about the May 21 warning, the more they discussed it with their pastors and came prepared to argue.
Learn about doomsdays throughout time (http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/06/competition-for-when-the-world-will-end/)
And the media, while they’ve helped spread the message, will be turned away in the coming days. CNN hoped to be with Store and his team on doomsday, but the members said they needed that time to focus on their relationship with God. Perhaps that’s just as well, as an official at Family Radio headquarters pointed out: “What makes you think you’ll be able to get to them? The roads will be a mess," he said, referring to the expected earthquakes. Plus, Store said, even if we got there, there would be no time to edit and publish, so what's the point?
Store’s faith remains unwavering. Come Saturday, he and his team will be in Boston, standing in a spot with heavy foot traffic, passing out their pamphlets – which they call tracts – and doing what they believe God called them to do until the very end.
No longer with the team is Darryl Keitt, who ditched his caravan on May 6. He said his time on the RV was a “gift from God,” but he decided he needed to spend the last couple of weeks focusing on his non-believing family and friends in New Jersey. It was a decision he prayed about for several weeks.
His Elizabeth, New Jersey, apartment is pretty sparse, seeing as he gave away most everything before hitting the road.
“I was able to get my old place back,” he said. “But we only have four days to go, so I don’t need much.”
He’s reaching out to old friends and hoping his family will come around and believe what he says he knows to be true.
“I have not seen any signs that they are believing the message,” he said. “But I can’t read anybody’s heart; only God can. And I’m still praying for them. All I can do is continue to share my convictions.”
Tisan Dawud may not share his older half-brother's beliefs, but he supports the positive nature of what Keitt's doing and is awestruck by his dedication.
"He's trying to spread what he believes is the word of God, and I can't knock him for that," Dawud said Tuesday evening. "I became Muslim when I was very young, and he remained Christian. But I've always had respect for his beliefs, and he always had respect for my beliefs."
And rather than criticize or ridicule his brother, who he said isn't hurting anyone, Dawud wishes people would focus on those who deserve examination and condemnation - those selling drugs, molesting children, raping women or embezzling money, for example.
Keitt spends his days in prayer, reaching out to people on Facebook, listening to Family Radio and walking around his neighborhood in his Judgment Day cap and T-shirt. He ran out of tracts some time ago, and at this point it’s too late to order any more, he said. As for where he’ll be on Saturday: “It’s a good question," and one he's still considering.
He doesn’t like goodbyes, he said, and only told two people in his caravan team of 10 that he was leaving. He gave those two men, one of them Store, a quick hug and that was it.
“Preferably we’ll meet each other again,” Keitt said, “in heaven.”
Dennis Morrell was driving through Jacksonville, Florida, pulling his Judgment Day billboard trailer, when we reached him on his cell phone. He wasn’t part of the caravan of RVs but was among the Floridians who joined in to help Store’s team when they were in the city.
Morell and his wife quit their jobs to focus on warning others, a move that’s left their four kids – ages 17 to 24 – thinking “Mom and Dad are crazy,” he said.
He still hopes God will “open their spiritual eyes,” he said. “But they’re at an age where they love their lives. They don’t want this world to come to an end.”
His faith, though, is as firm as ever, and he wishes others would open their minds and hearts to this possibility.
“Why would you wait to see if this is actually going to happen? You have that option to cry out for mercy,” he said. “I don’t want to die and go to hell. Do you?”
He plans to spend the last days praying, up until the early hours of Saturday - when he’ll both pray and wait for 16 hours.
Why 16 hours? Morrell explained that the massive doomsday earthquake will start at the International Date Line before moving west. New Zealand, he said, will get hit first – at 6 p.m. local time. And then that wave of destruction will roll around the world, wreaking havoc at 6 p.m. in each time zone.
While Morrell expects he’ll reserve Saturday for private time, Benjamin Ramrajie of Ocala, Florida, doesn’t have any special plans.
We met Ramrajie in Tampa after his 7-year-old daughter issued a doomsday warning about how the sun would “turn red like blood.” He stood by and nodded his approval as she spoke about dead bodies and her fears of dying.
“Most of my family doesn’t agree 100 percent, and I don’t blame them because it is far-fetched,” he said. “I strongly believe it’s going to happen. But I just figure I’ll relax, maybe watch TV. If that’s the day we get raptured, great. If not, we’ll move on.”

I guess we shouldn't make plans for the weekend, for those that make it, I'll see you on the other side, for those that don't I suggest we set up a Marauder army to fend off evil forces in the bad lands :beer:

You're just full of good news lately.:beer:

SC Cheesehead
05-18-2011, 07:35 PM
If they are wrong they will blame George Bush for messing with the clock some how?

If they are right then we all look like a bunch of smacked azz's.

Now where is my prayer Book:help:

Fixed it for you, BDJ... :D

Taemian
05-18-2011, 09:21 PM

No, some idiot's interpretation of his religious text brainwashed a small number of people.

jerrym3
05-19-2011, 05:04 AM
CBT, no, I do not. But if I did, would that forgive all of my sins?

Excluding holidays, the last true mass that I went to was in 1962, and that's because I was in Ft Dix Basic Training and wanted to get out of KP.

However, I have no issues with those that are truly religious.

Since I met her in 1965, my wife has been going to church twice per week. (She's not a Catholic.)

My two best buddies from grammar school go weekly. (Although, they admit in private that they go to church "just in case".)

Except for my eldest daughter and the folks in my wife's church, I don't know of any other truly religious people, but I do know a lot of good people.

Anyway, on my deathbed, I'm sure that I'll convert.

PonyUP
05-19-2011, 07:24 AM

Thanks, goodnite everybody! You're a beautiful audience!! Drive Safe!!

Jersey is Ground Zero for the rapture, suggest we gather in Switzerland, they are hardly noticed and it should hit there last

PonyUP
05-19-2011, 07:24 AM

So confusing.

Terrible timing.

Bad Person= Import Drivers

Good Person= Marauder Owners

Hope this clears it up :beer:

PonyUP
05-19-2011, 07:26 AM
You're just full of good news lately.:beer:

:lol: Yeah, I guess I should have checked my cheerios in the morning, someone may ahve pee'd in them :lol:

Look at the bright side, if this happens we won't have to worry anymore about the NFL labor dispute

CBT
05-19-2011, 07:28 AM
:lol: Yeah, I guess I should have checked my cheerios in the morning, someone may ahve pee'd in them :lol:

Look at the bright side, if this happens we won't have to worry anymore about the NFL labor dispute

SWEET! Da Bearsssssss will be tied for first!

PonyUP
05-19-2011, 07:29 AM
SWEET! Da Bearsssssss will be tied for first!

And the Vikings will go to heaven ringless, oh well still have my Bulls

Bigdogjim
05-19-2011, 07:33 AM

Them's fighting words:flamer::flamer:

CBT
05-19-2011, 07:38 AM
Them's fighting words:flamer::flamer:

Oop, busted! :run:

jerrym3
05-19-2011, 07:39 AM
So, what's a non-import, non-Marauder owner?

Good or bad person?

(FYI, all my cars are Ford products, if that helps.)

Bigdogjim
05-19-2011, 07:41 AM
Oop, busted! :run:

BIG TIME!! Remember you can :run: but you can't :hide:

See you In PA. later this year :)

CBT
05-19-2011, 08:01 AM
BIG TIME!! Remember you can :run: but you can't :hide:

See you In PA. later this year :)

Awww crap.... I hope you don't remember which DTR with the bra on the front is mine....

JoeBoomz
05-19-2011, 10:01 AM
Heh if anything it's a good reminder to spend as much time as you can with those you love. You never know what could happen!

PonyUP
05-19-2011, 10:32 AM

Good or bad person?

That puts you in purgatory my friend :lol:

Just kidding, Ford owner puts you on the good side

Bigdogjim
05-19-2011, 10:48 AM
Awww crap.... I hope you don't remember which DTR with the bra on the front is mine....

Remember I road around the racetrack last September with you:)

It all good:up:

CWright
05-19-2011, 11:13 AM
I hope most of you know me by now out here and that I am not a judgemental person. I know there are two commands that I must do personally each day, First is to Love the Lord My God first and foremost, Second is to love my neighbor as I love myself or in other words treat others the way I want to be treated. I by no means try to cram any of this down anyone's throat but just try to live it by my actions. I have been studying on end times since my grandfather passed away in 2003. He was a southern baptist minister and I feel like a baton was passed along to me with end time events. He was very deep into this and what is to come. Each day I only want to do what I have been led to do. For me personally that's the way I like to roll. Below explains that nobody knows the time or the hour, not even his own Son. God the father is the only one who knows when this will take place. I don't want to get to in depth out here becaus I don't want any confusion to set in. Satan is known as the author of confusion and I don't want to give him a foothold. ALL of YOU out here mean a lot to me because of the excitement we share about the marauder. So please don't take any of what I am posting the wrong way. I only share this because I do care.

Matthew 24 (New International Version)

Matthew 24

The Destruction of the Temple and Signs of the End Times

1 Jesus left the temple and was walking away when his disciples came up to him to call his attention to its buildings. 2 “Do you see all these things?” he asked. “Truly I tell you, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down.”
3 As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”
4 Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many. 6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of birth pains.
9 “Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. 10 At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13 but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.
15 “So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’[a (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/#fen-NIV-23973a)] spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand— 16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let no one on the housetop go down to take anything out of the house. 18 Let no one in the field go back to get their cloak. 19 How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! 20 Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath. 21 For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again.
22 “If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened. 23 At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah!’ or, ‘There he is!’ do not believe it. 24 For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you ahead of time.
26 “So if anyone tells you, ‘There he is, out in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Here he is, in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. 27 For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 28 Wherever there is a carcass, there the vultures will gather.
29 “Immediately after the distress of those days
“‘the sun will be darkened,
and the moon will not give its light;
the stars will fall from the sky,
and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.’
30 “Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth[c (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/#fen-NIV-23988c)] will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory.[d (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/#fen-NIV-23988d)] 31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.
32 “Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. 33 Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it[e (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/#fen-NIV-23991e)] is near, right at the door. 34 Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

The Day and Hour Unknown

[B]36 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,[f (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/#fen-NIV-23994f)] but only the Father. 37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 40 Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. 41 Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.
42 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 43 But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. 44 So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him. 45 “Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom the master has put in charge of the servants in his household to give them their food at the proper time? 46 It will be good for that servant whose master finds him doing so when he returns. 47 Truly I tell you, he will put him in charge of all his possessions. 48 But suppose that servant is wicked and says to himself, ‘My master is staying away a long time,’ 49 and he then begins to beat his fellow servants and to eat and drink with drunkards. 50 The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of. 51 He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

CBT
05-19-2011, 11:17 AM
C, there is nothing wrong with your post :beer:
Case Jr. asked me last week if I prayed at night. I said yes. She said what do you pray for? Let me tell you, you'd be surprised at peoples reactions when you share your feelings and faith with them. We had a great talk.

SC Cheesehead
05-19-2011, 11:36 AM
Case Jr. asked me last week if I prayed at night. I said yes. She said what do you pray for? Let me tell you, you'd be surprised at peoples reactions when you share your feelings and faith with them. We had a great talk.

+1 to that.

As Chris stated, according to scripture, we'll know neither the day, nor the hour; that said, I'm not too worried about the latest prognostications, nd whenever it comes, I'm ready.

jerrym3
05-19-2011, 11:51 AM
cwright

I'm on the complete opposite end of the spectrum, but I have no issues with your views.

I'll live a decent life, and if there is a God, I'm hoping he/she takes that into consideration as opposed to some others that worship him/her but do evil deeds.

But, IMHO, there is, and always has been, too much killing in the name of all different types of religion.

There is a danger when someone believes that they are right, no matter what.

I'm also glad to see that the religious and non-religious can discuss their personal views without all hell breaking loose, pun intended.

PonyUP
05-19-2011, 12:48 PM
Great post Chris. I was raised Catholic and due to my Mother's overwhelming addiction to it, I somewaht ran astray. Though different religions and views have always interested.

It is amazing to me how different people can read the same thing, and then formulate to mean what they want it to. And this is a great example. The words posted seem pretty straight forwards, and yet this group from the original article has manipulated a date and a following.

I guess it's kind of like dating, I think every action a girl does, the guy can move it around to make it mean she is interested in him :lol:

But I see nothing wrong with waht you posted, especially in this thread. We ahve had some fun with the end of days, but everyone that has posted in this thread has shown to have a pretty open mind and are truly interested in good conversation. You provided some points that make for good conversation :beer:

CWright
05-19-2011, 01:19 PM
cwright

I'm on the complete opposite end of the spectrum, but I have no issues with your views.

I'll live a decent life, and if there is a God, I'm hoping he/she takes that into consideration as opposed to some others that worship him/her but do evil deeds.

But, IMHO, there is, and always has been, too much killing in the name of all different types of religion.

There is a danger when someone believes that they are right, no matter what.

I'm also glad to see that the religious and non-religious can discuss their personal views without all hell breaking loose, pun intended.

I totally respect your point of view as well and glad we can all discuss this.

Thanks Casey, I appreciate you saying that. The last thing I want is to go down a road that creates any type of confusion. And sometimes it is nerve racking to step out of the boat and put yourself out there. I just try to remain humble in doing so.

+1 to that.

As Chris stated, according to scripture, we'll know neither the day, nor the hour; that said, I'm not too worried about the latest prognostications, nd whenever it comes, I'm ready.

+1. My main thing is to being doing what I was exaclty supposed to be doing when that day comes. I hope that my personal relationship with him is on the right track. He knows I have ways of messing it up. I guess that's where the "Mercy" comes into play.

Great post Chris. I was raised Catholic and due to my Mother's overwhelming addiction to it, I somewaht ran astray. Though different religions and views have always interested.

It is amazing to me how different people can read the same thing, and then formulate to mean what they want it to. And this is a great example. The words posted seem pretty straight forwards, and yet this group from the original article has manipulated a date and a following.

I guess it's kind of like dating, I think every action a girl does, the guy can move it around to make it mean she is interested in him :lol:

But I see nothing wrong with waht you posted, especially in this thread. We ahve had some fun with the end of days, but everyone that has posted in this thread has shown to have a pretty open mind and are truly interested in good conversation. You provided some points that make for good conversation :beer:
Thanks Brad. I know there are alot of views out there on "religion". I am glad we can have a good conversation out here and discuss. My heart is to never be judgemental toward anyone. That is not my place. One thing for me is when that day comes and I have to give an account for what I've done here, I will be the only one in that room. It will be my responsability totally for how my life was lived. The good and the bad. That's why I wanted everyone to understand where I was coming from. Thanks again dude!:beer:

CBT
05-19-2011, 05:14 PM
Thanks Casey, I appreciate you saying that. The last thing I want is to go down a road that creates any type of confusion. And sometimes it is nerve racking to step out of the boat and put yourself out there. I just try to remain humble in doing so.

Yeah, people tend to freak out when you do that and don't sink :D

Shaijack
05-19-2011, 05:42 PM
God-Family-Friends.
I live by that every day.

BigM460
05-19-2011, 07:05 PM
I hope most of you know me by now out here and that I am not a judgemental person. I know there are two commands that I must do personally each day, First is to Love the Lord My God first and foremost, Second is to love my neighbor as I love myself or in other words treat others the way I want to be treated. I by no means try to cram any of this down anyone's throat but just try to live it by my actions. I have been studying on end times since my grandfather passed away in 2003. He was a southern baptist minister and I feel like a baton was passed along to me with end time events. He was very deep into this and what is to come. Each day I only want to do what I have been led to do. For me personally that's the way I like to roll. Below explains that nobody knows the time or the hour, not even his own Son. God the father is the only one who knows when this will take place. I don't want to get to in depth out here becaus I don't want any confusion to set in. Satan is known as the author of confusion and I don't want to give him a foothold. ALL of YOU out here mean a lot to me because of the excitement we share about the marauder. So please don't take any of what I am posting the wrong way. I only share this because I do care.

Matthew 24 (New International Version)

Matthew 24

The Destruction of the Temple and Signs of the End Times

1 Jesus left the temple and was walking away when his disciples came up to him to call his attention to its buildings. 2 “Do you see all these things?” he asked. “Truly I tell you, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down.”
3 As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”
4 Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many. 6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of birth pains.
9 “Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. 10 At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13 but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.
15 “So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’[a (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/#fen-NIV-23973a)] spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand— 16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let no one on the housetop go down to take anything out of the house. 18 Let no one in the field go back to get their cloak. 19 How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! 20 Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath. 21 For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again.
22 “If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened. 23 At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah!’ or, ‘There he is!’ do not believe it. 24 For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you ahead of time.
26 “So if anyone tells you, ‘There he is, out in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Here he is, in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. 27 For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 28 Wherever there is a carcass, there the vultures will gather.
29 “Immediately after the distress of those days
“‘the sun will be darkened,
and the moon will not give its light;
the stars will fall from the sky,
and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.’
30 “Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth[c (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/#fen-NIV-23988c)] will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory.[d (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/#fen-NIV-23988d)] 31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.
32 “Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. 33 Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it[e (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/#fen-NIV-23991e)] is near, right at the door. 34 Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

The Day and Hour Unknown

[B]36 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,[f (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/#fen-NIV-23994f)] but only the Father. 37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 40 Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. 41 Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.
42 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 43 But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. 44 So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him. 45 “Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom the master has put in charge of the servants in his household to give them their food at the proper time? 46 It will be good for that servant whose master finds him doing so when he returns. 47 Truly I tell you, he will put him in charge of all his possessions. 48 But suppose that servant is wicked and says to himself, ‘My master is staying away a long time,’ 49 and he then begins to beat his fellow servants and to eat and drink with drunkards. 50 The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of. 51 He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Love it! Outstanding Chris!
I don't think the 21 will be the day, but I must say I wish it was!!!
I get homesick at times.

MOTOWN
05-19-2011, 09:54 PM
great post cdub! im with you bud!

gdsqdcr
05-19-2011, 10:26 PM

I did 20+ years ago for the first time and each day I still do.

gdsqdcr
05-19-2011, 10:36 PM
Awesome thread guys! Cwright, I love your choice scripture.

There was a post that stated the Bible says 7000 years, Christ will come again to destroy ... I have never read that verse. Curious as to which bible they are lookin at.

My day is lived one step at a time. I provide for my family and pray that I can teach my kids about God. They don't have to believe, but they need to choose what they want when the time comes.

CBT
05-20-2011, 03:44 AM
Awesome thread guys! Cwright, I love your choice scripture.

There was a post that stated the Bible says 7000 years, Christ will come again to destroy ... I have never read that verse. Curious as to which bible they are lookin at.

My day is lived one step at a time. I provide for my family and pray that I can teach my kids about God. They don't have to believe, but they need to choose what they want when the time comes.

There is something written to the effect of "each day is like a thousand years", but it has been a while since I read it. Basically, 7,000 years is like a week to The Lord.

SC Cheesehead
05-20-2011, 07:45 AM
There is something written to the effect of "each day is like a thousand years", but it has been a while since I read it. Basically, 7,000 years is like a week to The Lord.

Maybe a bit off topic, but I've been with a few folks that make a week seem like 7,000 years. Just sayin... ;)

CBT
05-20-2011, 07:51 AM
Maybe a bit off topic, but I've been with a few folks that make a week seem like 7,000 years. Just sayin... ;)
Yeah me too thats why she's my ex-wife now.

PonyUP
05-20-2011, 07:53 AM
I think the funny thing is, the person that started this group has had like three previous predictions on the end of the world that obviously has failed, but his group continues to grow.

Though I have to admit, with scripture talking about earthquakes and wars starting to spell the end, I guess it's easy to make the leap with everything going on now, and of course the middle east has long been rumored to be a focal point of the end of days.

I guess time will tell this weekend, but what I find great about this thread is that we all seem to understand that while there is a wide variety of beliefs, we can still discuss those beliefs with positive reinforcement :beer:

CBT
05-20-2011, 07:55 AM
I think the funny thing is, the person that started this group has had like three previous predictions on the end of the world that obviously has failed, but his group continues to grow.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Yeah, ponder that deep thought while I eat these mini-vanilla cookies. Mmmmmm....good stuff.

kernie
05-20-2011, 08:02 AM
Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Yeah, ponder that deep thought while I eat these mini-vanilla cookies. Mmmmmm....good stuff.

You best give those cookies to the poor, cause the meek shall inherit the earth.

:D:D:D

CBT
05-20-2011, 08:10 AM
You best give those cookies to the poor, cause the meek shall inherit the earth.

:D:D:D
Would you like a mini-vanilla cookie? They are about the size of a dime, they look like white Oreo's. If they used these instead of wafers at church, everyone would go. That's how good they are, so good they'd make a brother go to church! What, too late?

SC Cheesehead
05-20-2011, 08:39 AM
Would you like a mini-vanilla cookie? They are about the size of a dime, they look like white Oreo's. If they used these instead of wafers at church, everyone would go. That's how good they are, so good they'd make a brother go to church! What, too late?

Can you send me some? Ah ratfarts, tomorrow's the 21st.

Too late...:alone:

TFB
05-20-2011, 09:24 AM
My Visa card bill is due the 23rd, think I should wait to pay it???

CBT
05-20-2011, 09:38 AM
LMAO! :lol:

SC Cheesehead
05-20-2011, 09:55 AM

Might as well pay it; can't take it with you...

Bigdogjim
05-20-2011, 09:58 AM
Well I guess we will know on a matters of hours if it true?

Did it give a time other than the May 21? 12:01 AM? 7:AM? 2:PM?

Just want to ready:)

Bigdogjim
05-20-2011, 09:59 AM

What are they going to do? Send a late notice:laught:

And to what address:lol:

Bigdogjim
05-20-2011, 10:00 AM

Keep eating the cookies and you be a "fat boy" :lol:

PonyUP
05-20-2011, 10:02 AM
Well I guess we will know on a matters of hours if it true?

Did it give a time other than the May 21? 12:01 AM? 7:AM? 2:PM?

Just want to ready:)

No time, but if I were God, I'd want to wait until aft I got up in the morning and had a healthy breakfast. I would imagine destroying mankind can work up an appetite. But he'll want to get it done in time to have everyone up in time for dinner, and they'll need time to get settled and face judgement day. Expectation is, probably about 1030a

Bigdogjim
05-20-2011, 10:02 AM
If I face the end of the world sitting in my marauder does that mean it will go to the "after life" with me?

Crap I know I should have supercharged it:P:burnout:

PonyUP
05-20-2011, 10:03 AM
If I face the end of the world sitting in my marauder does that mean it will go to the "after life" with me?

Crap I know I should have supercharged it:P:burnout:

:lol::lol:

In heaven, all Marauders are supercharged, it's a paradise

Bigdogjim
05-20-2011, 10:04 AM
No time, but if I were God, I'd want to wait until aft I got up in the morning and had a healthy breakfast. I would imagine destroying mankind can work up an appetite. But he'll want to get it done in time to have everyone up in time for dinner, and they'll need time to get settled and face judgement day. Expectation is, probably about 1030a

Nobody told me thay had a kitchen in Heaven? Is Chief Ramsey cooking?

PonyUP
05-20-2011, 10:05 AM
Nobody told me thay had a kitchen in Heaven? Is Chief Ramsey cooking?

I hope so, that would be awesome and Casey can have all the vanilla cookies he wants and his ass won't balloon up

Bigdogjim
05-20-2011, 10:08 AM
H3ll with the cookies Ramsey cook a mean dish of real food!

PonyUP
05-20-2011, 10:11 AM
H3ll with the cookies Ramsey cook a mean dish of real food!

I would tove to try some of his dishes, especially his Lobster Risotto. If only I had the food stamps to pay for the lobster.

Evrytime I watch hells kitchen I get jonsing for a high quality restaurant

Bigdogjim
05-20-2011, 10:12 AM
Well in the after life we all eat good:)

PS: Some of Ramsey's deserts are over the top! :drool:

SC Cheesehead
05-20-2011, 10:15 AM
:lol::lol:

In heaven, all Marauders are supercharged, it's a paradise

:eek: Sure wish I'da got that memo... :alone:

CBT
05-20-2011, 10:45 AM
I would tove to try some of his dishes, especially his Lobster Risotto. If only I had the food stamps to pay for the lobster.

Evrytime I watch hells kitchen I get jonsing for a high quality restaurant

.....CBT found this hilarious, co-workers giving him the "stink-eye" for not letting them in on the joke......

Bigdogjim
05-20-2011, 11:05 AM
:eek: Sure wish I'da got that memo... :alone:

See Rex it pays to read the fine print.

Ene of world contact page 208 parg. 85 sub parg. 34 line 158:)

illwood
05-20-2011, 11:07 AM
.....CBT found this hilarious, co-workers giving him the "stink-eye" for not letting them in

That's what she said!

Cheeseheadbob
05-20-2011, 11:08 AM
Shouldn't Australia be toast by now, or at least enraptured...?

Papillon
05-20-2011, 11:22 AM
Shouldn't Australia be toast by now, or at least enraptured...?

Technically no. The rapture is scheduled to occur at 5:59 PM tomorrow. Now according to which time zone you ask, who freakin knows. :rolleyes:

SC Cheesehead
05-20-2011, 11:42 AM
See Rex it pays to read the fine print.

Ene of world contact page 208 parg. 85 sub parg. 34 line 158:)

DOH!

Where's my lawyer?... :shake:

PonyUP
05-20-2011, 12:18 PM
DOH!

Where's my lawyer?... :shake:

The story behind the supercharger addendum is a long one. But basically it boils down to a Marauder owner had gone to heaven and arrived in the Marauder. The Marauder ahd a CAI, Tune, Gears and Headers, but the owner had not put the blower on as of yet.

God, the adrenaline junky that he is (how else do you explain Justin Bieber) Challenged the Marauder owner to a race in his brand new R/T Charger.

" As the almighty father and since I just watch Fast Five, I challenge you to a race. We live in heaven a quarter mile at a time"

"Fire on the Mountain, run lord, run. I'm your huckleberry."

And so the vehicles lined up. The Marauder took the charger by a legnth and half....

Since then, God decreed all cars should be blown.

(Tempting to put a TWSS there, but probably not appropriate, although since I wrote this I guess I did it anyway)

Hadamustang1
05-20-2011, 12:54 PM
Go ahead and rape your neighbor ..go ahead and kill your friend.. do it the name of Jesus ..you'll be justified in the end..

To the tune of ..The ballad of Billy Jack

----- Forwarded Message ----
To: itskevin049@yahoo.com
Sent: Fri, May 20, 2011 7:37:30 AM
Subject: TTP | Lenny Bruce is Not Afraid (Doomsday)

http://thetoiletpaper.com/images/post-10642/email-itskevin049@yahoo.com/logo-email.gif (http://triggermail.thetoiletpaper.com/40xe.79d/TE8v9uu4vLmH-G7aBe27d) Vol. 2
Friday
http://thetoiletpaper.com/images/retweet.gif (http://triggermail.thetoiletpaper.com/40xe.79d/TdYLB2VYzRagdZu1Baa54)
Lenny Bruce is Not Afraid

Crap! We totally forgot to tell you that the world is ending tomorrow (http://triggermail.thetoiletpaper.com/40xe.79d/TdYLB2VYzRahdZu1Bcf81). Yeah, we know, "Thanks for the heads up, TTP, we haven't even booked our Taiwanese sex vacation yet." Trust us, we're saving you the hassle. The food sucks over there.
Harold Camping — a California evangelist who looks like (http://triggermail.thetoiletpaper.com/40xe.79d/TdYLB2VYzRaidZu1B780e) he may have graduated just a few classes behind Jesus — is pretty certain that this time (http://triggermail.thetoiletpaper.com/40xe.79d/TdYLB2VYzRajdZu1B14e3) he is right. In fact, his followers in his Family Radio ministry have taken out 5,000 billboards across the country to spread the word and, of course, to take donations (http://triggermail.thetoiletpaper.com/40xe.79d/TdYLB2VYzRakdZu1B714a) (you know, for the effort).
Oh and just in case the old man is wrong. CHA-CHING!
[Join the conversation about ... Doomsday (http://triggermail.thetoiletpaper.com/40xe.79d/TdYLB2VYzRaldZu1Bfa7f).]

In wages and benefits that were paid out to Family Radio's 348 employees per the organization's last public tax return in 2009. Do the math, folks; if you're crazy, cults are where it's at.

Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice. From what I've tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire.

http://thetoiletpaper.com/images/daily-quote-bar-bottom.gif
Robert Frost, "Fire and Ice (http://triggermail.thetoiletpaper.com/40xe.79d/TdYLCGVYzRaodZu1B0866)" (1920)

noun. 1. October 22, 1844, when Jesus failed to appear as predicted by preacher Samuel S. Snow. 2. a.k.a. The Big Whew, when thousands of teenage boys realized they still had a shot at losing their virginity.

NASA engineer and self-proclaimed biblical scholar Edgar Whisenant penned a book listing 89 reasons why the world would end in 1989 after his first book, 88 Reasons Why the Rapture Will Be in 1988, was incorrect.

Why We're Skeptical

Based on standard academic analysis, Camping's nutty math (http://triggermail.thetoiletpaper.com/40xe.79d/TdYLCGVYzRatdZu1B3268) seems a bit off. Apocalyptic predictions seem to have more validity when made by a happy young person. Didn't anyone watch Cusack in 2012? There is no way that Hollywood would lie to us. Loving or vengeful, no god of any kind would end the world on a Saturday... seems mean. Still learning yoga, we're not even close to being able to kiss our own ass goodbye.
http://thetoiletpaper.com/images/thinking-man.gif http://thetoiletpaper.com/images/bottom.gif False prophets are nothing more than cosmic carnival barkers looking to make a quick buck on the fear and ignorance of others.
That being said, Harold, if your crazy ass ends up being right, take us Camping (http://triggermail.thetoiletpaper.com/40xe.79d/TdYLCGVYzRaudZu1B6041) with you!

(http://triggermail.thetoiletpaper.com/40xe.79d/TXCvJpG6Fi3pN65QBc9ec)

kernie
05-20-2011, 01:18 PM
[QUOTE=hadamustang;1047681]Go ahead and rape your neighbor ..go ahead and kill your friend.. do it the name of Jesus ..you'll be justified in the end..

Ouch!

:popcorn:

SC Cheesehead
05-20-2011, 01:23 PM
[QUOTE=hadamustang;1047681]Go ahead and rape your neighbor ..go ahead and kill your friend.. do it the name of Jesus ..you'll be justified in the end..

Ouch!

:popcorn:

Methinks there is a cynic among us...

TFB
05-20-2011, 01:56 PM
Might as well pay it; can't take it with you...

Speak for yourself, I keep my life savings in my crematory urn...:lol:

RacerX
05-20-2011, 01:58 PM
Since it's the end of the world tomorrow... I'm thinking of going to the Ferrari dealership nearby and borrowing their highest end car until 5:59pm tomorrow night. Anyone want to go to the dragstrip tomorrow morning? Does Hertz rent new Mustangs yet? Got a full bottle of N2O!!! ;)

SC Cheesehead
05-20-2011, 02:01 PM
Speak for yourself, I keep my life savings in my crematory urn...:lol:

Uhhhh, just to clarify, you ain't in it yet, are you? :confused:

RacerX
05-20-2011, 02:04 PM
It's probably really a spitoon or bedpan... :D

Blackened300a
05-20-2011, 02:18 PM
I was planning on detailing my car tomorrow, but I guess since the massive earthquake is on its way that will destroy the Earth, I better spend the day driving it. :rolleyes:

This would have been on the cover of every newspaper in the world if it was true, scientists would be backing these predictions up with facts if this was true. I still can't figure how a book of stories written 1000's of years ago can make people believe anything.

RacerX
05-20-2011, 02:30 PM
Fine! The gloves are off pal! C'mon, lemme see a little wrath! Smite me, O mighty smiter! You're the one who should be fired! The only one around here not doing his job is You!

dakslim
05-20-2011, 03:00 PM
Goodby all...glad I got to see some of you at Looseville and the Blue Oval Classic last week. If we're still here tomorrow...disregard this post.

LIGHTNIN1
05-20-2011, 03:02 PM
Guess I had better get plenty of rest, sounds like a big day. And the hell with that bath.:confused:

Shaijack
05-20-2011, 03:12 PM
I will be in the MM tomorrow. If anyone is looking for me I will be the one in the sky flying to heaven. God loves black MM's. He told me so. Rex it could be the dog or the voices in my head again..

dakslim
05-20-2011, 03:18 PM
Damn...I've been running around trying to get everything repaired or replaced after lightning struck my house.:eek: I guess I didn't need to.:P

Motorhead350
05-20-2011, 03:35 PM
I can't wait for this coming day. It will prove a bunch of people wrong or I will be out of this world. Either way it's a win for me!

Bigdogjim
05-20-2011, 04:06 PM
I still can't figure how a book of stories written 1000's of years ago can make people believe anything.

The word is FAITH.

Bigdogjim
05-20-2011, 04:08 PM
Goodby all...glad I got to see some of you at Looseville and the Blue Oval Classic last week. If we're still here tomorrow...disregard this post.

Blame it on a brain far t :)

Either way you will not remember:P

Bigdogjim
05-20-2011, 04:09 PM
Damn...I've been running around trying to get everything repaired or replaced after lightning struck my house.:eek: I guess I didn't need to.:P

You my friend were the first sign:help:

We should have know it was all over after that:censor:

Bigdogjim
05-20-2011, 04:10 PM
I can't wait for this coming day. It will prove a bunch of people wrong or I will be out of this world. Either way it's a win for me!

Dom my buddie only you could come with a win-win for the end of all days:beer:

PonyUP
05-20-2011, 05:28 PM
You my friend were the first sign:help:

We should have know it was all over after that:censor:

:lol:The first sign of the apocolypse, damn you could have warned us. when I think of all the things I could have been doing over the last six months. I could have gone on a murderous rampage (Paris Hilton, The Cast of Jersey Shore, That idiot that won the first survivor) I could ahve been looting, I could ahve quit my job, bought lobsters and cocovan and hired servants to lick inbetween my toes.

Damn, all that time wasted.

SC Cheesehead
05-20-2011, 05:44 PM
It's probably really a spitoon or bedpan... :D

What, where he keeps his money or his ashes? :dunno:

jerrym3
05-20-2011, 06:34 PM
One of the items on my bucket list was to make a bucket list.

Damn, too late now.

Motorhead350
05-20-2011, 06:35 PM
I bet everything I have the world will not end tomorrow. Who wants to make a bet?

CBT
05-20-2011, 06:37 PM
I bet everything I have the world will not end tomorrow. Who wants to make a bet?

Gamble? Right before the Rapture?! What if you lose, then you'll be like "Damn, add gambling to my list of sins!" as you stand before the Pearly Gates, lol.

guspech750
05-20-2011, 06:40 PM
The earth is flat.

CBT
05-20-2011, 06:40 PM
The earth is flat.

Your ass is flat, flapjack!

SC Cheesehead
05-20-2011, 06:41 PM
Gamble? Right before the Rapture?! What if you lose, then you'll be like "Damn, add gambling to my list of sins!" as you stand before the Pearly Gates, lol.

Next....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHYI3NQtC2A

guspech750
05-20-2011, 06:43 PM
Your ass is flat, flapjack!
You shush yourself you Olympic Pillow Bitting Champion!!:banana2:

CBT
05-20-2011, 06:45 PM
You shush yourself you Olympic Pillow Bitting Champion!!:banana2:
lol! crap, that was a good one, i have no response :(

guspech750
05-20-2011, 06:46 PM
And the winner is Casey!!! Undefeated Olympic Champion!!

http://kristenstewarttwilight.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/robert-pattinson-pillow-biter-15096-1.png

CBT
05-20-2011, 06:53 PM
You are a sick, sick puppy. Weird, my hair is actually that short now, lol!

http://kristenstewarttwilight.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/robert-pattinson-pillow-biter-15096-1.png

JoeBoomz
05-20-2011, 09:43 PM

Seriously though I'm stuck on what time zone to plan this for.
JST (Jerusalem Standard?)
Think about it, on the 21st it's either 20th or 22nd on the other side of the world. I'm SO confused.... :confused:

Bigdogjim
05-20-2011, 09:48 PM
I do not know what is going on but my dispatcher just tole me this afternoon that our line runs to Atlantic City, NJ are oversold to Saturday!

So I asked him "did they all buy a oneway ticket" :lol:

knine
05-20-2011, 10:33 PM
Hellooooooo, still waiting for the end of the world here. :loco:

MOTOWN
05-20-2011, 10:50 PM
it got held up by tsa agents!

Pat
05-21-2011, 02:03 AM
Hey, business is business and business is good.

SC Cheesehead
05-21-2011, 05:32 AM

You've got until 5:59 EDT, hang in there... ;)

TFB
05-21-2011, 06:16 AM
I'm still waiting to pay my Visa bill....

What really pisses me off is I charged my homeowners insurance on it...

Papillon
05-21-2011, 06:52 AM
http://zombierobots.net/wp-content/main/2011_01/Tick-Tock.jpg

SC Cheesehead
05-21-2011, 07:41 AM
http://zombierobots.net/wp-content/main/2011_01/Tick-Tock.jpg

Okay, so how many we we got left until the E.O.T.W.A.W.K.I. at 5:59 EDT? ;)

LIGHTNIN1
05-21-2011, 08:14 AM
http://money.cnn.com/2011/05/19/news/economy/may-21-end-of-the-world-finances-harold-camping/index.htm

If it happens I will be at work, got to play catch up with this guy at 72 MILL.

PonyUP
05-21-2011, 08:43 AM
I've done my own math, and it turns out the dude that started this was wrong. The end of the world is actually February 16th 3001, it's the day after the Vikings win their first Superbowl.

Damn shame I won't be around to see it

SC Cheesehead
05-21-2011, 09:34 AM
I've done my own math, and it turns out the dude that started this was wrong. The end of the world is actually February 16th 3001, it's the day after the Vikings win their first Superbowl.

Will take longer than that. On the other hand, Favre may still be at QB for that game...

sailsmen
05-21-2011, 09:35 AM
When I see all of you posting tomm I will know you are just as evil as me! HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
How does it feel to be left on this Earth to rot?

SC Cheesehead
05-21-2011, 09:36 AM
When I see all of you posting tomm I will know you are just as evil as me! HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Hmmm, hadn't thought of it that way...

guspech750
05-21-2011, 09:37 AM

Damn shame I won't be around to see it

I thought the End of the world was Oct 25 5034 soon after the Cubs win their 3rd ever world series.

Sent from my iPhone
Go White Sox!!!

Motorhead350
05-21-2011, 09:40 AM
Welcome to reality. Here we are.

SC Cheesehead
05-21-2011, 09:40 AM
I thought the End of the world was Oct 25 5034 soon after the Cubs win their 3rd ever world series.

Sent from my iPhone
Go White Sox!!!

Favre plays baseball, too? :confused:

Bigdogjim
05-21-2011, 10:54 AM
Well it is Sunday on the far half of the world and the sun is shining:)

So it looks like all is well.

Lesson learned say your prayers and be nice to one another:up:

SC Cheesehead
05-21-2011, 10:56 AM
Well it is Sunday on the far half of the world and the sun is shining:)

So it looks like all is well.

Lesson learned say your prayers and be nice to one another:up:

It ain't 6:00 pm on the eastern seaboard yet, bubba....

Bigdogjim
05-21-2011, 11:02 AM
It ain't 6:00 pm on the eastern seaboard yet, bubba....

In Auckland it's 6:01 Am Sunday morning so they made it throught Saturday night:P

Motorhead350
05-21-2011, 11:15 AM
SO the world will end hourly?

SC Cheesehead
05-21-2011, 11:41 AM
In Auckland it's 6:01 Am Sunday morning so they made it throught Saturday night:P

I dunno, the guy's made one math error already...

SO the world will end hourly?

World isn't gonna end until Oct 21st, the Rapture's supposed to start today according to the West Coast guy.

dakslim
05-21-2011, 12:31 PM

Sent from my iPhone
Go White Sox!!!

Knew that was comiing!:(

dakslim
05-21-2011, 12:34 PM

Now I have this picture in my head of you lying next to Casey after having shared a drink with two straws.:eek:

PonyUP
05-21-2011, 12:36 PM
Maybe since there was no disaster everyone is doomed, I say we start looting

Bigdogjim
05-21-2011, 12:53 PM
Well so much for the big bang event?

FAIL!

sailsmen
05-21-2011, 01:07 PM
I bet every person on this Board is as evil as me and will be left here on Earth to rot with me.

Three Cheeers to my fellow Evil Rotters! Lets all continue to Rot on Earth for a very long, long time!;)

guspech750
05-21-2011, 02:02 PM
Now I have this picture in my head of you lying next to Casey after having shared a drink with two straws.:eek:

Crap!! Casey lied to me and whispered in my ear that the world was coming to an end. So he tricked, or ruffied me into getting crazy. :)
Sent from my iPhone
Go White Sox!!!

SC Cheesehead
05-21-2011, 03:01 PM
6:01 p.m., well that takes care of that.

RacerX
05-21-2011, 03:02 PM
CRAP!!! Think I can get my kids back from the Mexicans I sold them to? :(

PonyUP
05-21-2011, 03:03 PM
The end was coming, we were all saved at the last minute by Chuck Norris

Papillon
05-21-2011, 03:05 PM
The end was coming, we were all saved at the last minute by Chuck Norris

Well, it's 6:05 on the East Coast and no zombies or earthquakes or floods. So either I'm going to hell or that Camping dude was wrong.

Crown Vicman
05-21-2011, 03:15 PM
Real Christians know that there is absolutely no way to predict when the rapture will happen or when Jesus will return. The people that believed that the rapture was suppose to happen today were the fools. God is the only one that knows when that time will come. That guy making those retarded assumptions is nothing more than a idiotic false prophet and in the bible it clearly tells you that there will be many of them.

SC Cheesehead
05-21-2011, 03:28 PM
Real Christians know that there is absolutely no way to predict when the rapture will happen or when Jesus will return. The people that believed that the rapture was suppose to happen today were the fools. God is the only one that knows when that time will come. That guy making those retarded assumptions is nothing more than a idiotic false prophet and in the bible it clearly tells you that there will be many of them.

Spot on, my friend.

We will know neither the day nor the hour.

Bigdogjim
05-21-2011, 03:36 PM
NO wait your all wrong...This just in...............

Volcano erupts in Iceland, spurs 50 quakes :shake:

It's started The end is near I tell you.....................

youngrauderlvr
05-21-2011, 03:52 PM
+1 Agreed 100%

Blackened300a
05-21-2011, 04:19 PM

I'm not a believer, but I probably would have thought a little more into it if the Pope or the Vatican came out with this.

Pat
05-21-2011, 05:28 PM
I agree with Crown Vicman and others but.............there is one clue
that bears on this timing issue but not talked about much and that is found in Thessalonians chapter 5, verses 1-3.

Paul writes "of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you, for yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night, FOR WHEN THEY SHALL SAY, PEACE AND SAFETY, THEN SUDDEN DESTRUCTION COMETH UPON THEM..........AND THEY SHALL NOT ESCAPE".

With all the wars and talk of war have you ever seen so many nations crying for peace and safety all at once? Just read the headlines as of late, yet the wars continue and spread, terrorism is world wide and supertankers are now targeted. The whole of the middle east is on fire and Israel will figure big in this. So watch and be ready this is a sign that "sudden destruction" is near.

I wonder if I'll be driving my Marauder when the trumpet blows?

TFB
05-21-2011, 05:39 PM
Well my Marauder seems to have developed a fuel pressure problem(going lean under boost), but that surely isn't the end of the world....

PonyUP
05-21-2011, 05:49 PM
NO wait your all wrong...This just in...............

Volcano erupts in Iceland, spurs 50 quakes :shake:

It's started The end is near I tell you.....................

Ahh Crap. right day wrong hour, it's started. Save the women and children first, loot plasma tvsand home theatre systems, get to a brothel and have that threesome, don't pay your bills and smoke em if you got em....

Oh wait, Jack Bauer just called, he said he's got this

TooManyFords
05-21-2011, 05:54 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_133tn6t1ZOw/TGJQ0s-ZY8I/AAAAAAAAA1s/bz5BVMRFIjY/s1600/susej.jpg

TooManyFords
05-21-2011, 05:55 PM
It's started!!!

http://www.polls.newsvine.com/_vine/images/users/600/boyle/6691050.jpg

Motorhead350
05-21-2011, 05:59 PM
Hahahaha John that's great.

Shaijack
05-21-2011, 07:16 PM
I left earth at 6. I was driving my MM. See you guys later, I will be waiting for you at the Pearly Gates. MM owners to the head of the line. God drives a MM. Bring spare parts. Rex I was looking for you and you did not show up. What gives?

Bigdogjim
05-21-2011, 08:10 PM
Well it was "fun" while it lasted.

Now I feel for the one that "bought" into it, hook, line, & sinker.

I wonder if I can get a "deal" on one of the "End of World" tour buses?

PonyUP
05-21-2011, 08:48 PM
Well it was "fun" while it lasted.

Now I feel for the one that "bought" into it, hook, line, & sinker.

I wonder if I can get a "deal" on one of the "End of World" tour buses?

Well the can remake the shirts to say

"end of the world May 21st 2011, whoops my bad"

knine
05-21-2011, 08:48 PM
.............................. ................

jerrym3
05-22-2011, 04:59 AM
Again, I'm not a believer, and I'm not trying to start a war here, but all those that truly believed the end was about to happen had faith.

When good things happen, it's a miracle. We "thank God".

When bad things happen, it's not God's fault?

Can't have it both ways.

I don't doubt that mankind will someday destroy mankind, either with wars or by other means.

But, IMHO, that's just the normal order of things. Nothing, except maybe cockroahes, lasts forever.

Even our Earth has an expiration date.

sailsmen
05-22-2011, 05:43 AM
So you are saying it was a "miracle" that we are still here?

I say it is becasue we are all EVIL and not worthy of being called into the KINGDOM of GOD!

guspech750
05-22-2011, 06:48 AM
End of the world this. End of the world that. Blah blah blah blah. My White Sox won the 2005 World Series!!!!! (LOL Cubs fans) Bring on the death and destruction b!!tches!!! I'm good.

Sent from my iPhone
Go White Sox!!!

Krytin
05-22-2011, 06:48 AM
So you are saying it was a "miracle" that we are still here?

I say it is becasue we are all EVIL and not worthy of being called into the KINGDOM of GOD!

You have a valid point!
The more I have to deal with people the more I believe none of us are getting in!!

FastMerc
05-22-2011, 07:18 AM
Still here no zombies,lol.....:)

Pat
05-22-2011, 07:34 AM
I agree with Crown Vicman and others but.............there is one clue
that bears on this timing issue but not talked about much and that is found in Thessalonians chapter 5, verses 1-3.

Paul writes "of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you, for yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night, FOR WHEN THEY SHALL SAY, PEACE AND SAFETY, THEN SUDDEN DESTRUCTION COMETH UPON THEM..........AND THEY SHALL NOT ESCAPE".

With all the wars and talk of war have you ever seen so many nations crying for peace and safety all at once? Just read the headlines as of late, yet the wars continue and spread, terrorism is world wide and supertankers are now targeted. The whole of the middle east is on fire and Israel will figure big in this. So watch and be ready this is a sign that "sudden destruction" is near.

I wonder if I'll be driving my Marauder when the trumpet blows?

As I was reviewing my source material I realized that the author penned these words in the late 60's or very early 70's. That's more than forty years ago, so I'm askance what does his term "near" mean.

The world at that time was also in turmoil, two Mid east wars involving Israel, 1967 and 1973 were fought, still no rapture. Vietnam was in full swing, and had been for at least five years, the cold war still active So what's the difference between then and now? Not a whole lot, just a different set of enemies.

This exercise in eschatology is so............ open ended.

TFB
05-22-2011, 08:27 AM
Oh Gawd I just got a scare, couldn't log on to MM.net, thought the world was ending...

Bigdogjim
05-22-2011, 10:02 AM
OH well guess I will have to go to work on Monday:)

Move alone folks nothing to see here.

SC Cheesehead
05-22-2011, 10:16 AM
OH well guess I will have to go to work on Monday:)

Move alone folks nothing to see here.

Down side to everything, huh? ;)

knine
05-22-2011, 11:09 AM
05.22.2011 by Matt (http://www.explosm.net/comics/author/Matt/) http://www.explosm.net/account/share/twitter.gif (http://twitter.com/MattMelvin) http://www.explosm.net/account/share/facebook.gif (http://www.facebook.com/RobotsWithFeelings)« First (http://www.explosm.net/comics/15/) | < Previous (http://www.explosm.net/comics/2430/) | Random (http://www.explosm.net/comics/random/) | Archive (http://www.explosm.net/comics/archive/)

http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Matt/Had-to-wait-til-a-day-after-to-be-blasphemous.-You-know,-just-in-case..png

TooManyFords
05-22-2011, 01:21 PM
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/231021_751645301622_199103421_ 37793040_6630072_n.jpg

Motorhead350
05-22-2011, 02:22 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hahaha

John, bring on the cat pictures!

ik04
05-22-2011, 04:03 PM

This is not religion; these are retards.

jerrym3
05-22-2011, 05:53 PM
No, I did not suggest that we're here because of a miracle.

Two different subjects.

CBT
05-22-2011, 06:21 PM
Blondie, Rapture. Your welcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHCdS7O248g&feature=related

jerrym3
05-23-2011, 05:34 AM
Haven't seen that video in a while. Always liked that group. I have their best hits CD.

But, my favorite video from that era is Centerfold by the J Geils Band.

Motorhead350
05-23-2011, 06:15 AM
Blondie, Rapture. Your welcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHCdS7O248g&feature=related

All I could understand was "Mercury's and Subaru's" Did Berry write this song?

I prefer X-Offender, but Blondie did have a car song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIkXaHGY7Bc

SC Cheesehead
05-23-2011, 06:55 AM
All I could understand was "Mercury's and Subaru's" Did Berry write this song?

I prefer X-Offender, but Blondie did have a car song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIkXaHGY7Bc

"Rapture"

Toe to toe
Dancing very close
Barely breathing
Almost comatose
Wall to wall
People hypnotised
And they're stepping lightly
Hang each night in Rapture

Back to back
Sacrailiac
Spineless movement
And a wild attack

Face to face
Sadly solitude
And it's finger popping
Twenty-four hour shopping in Rapture

Fab Five Freddie told me everybody's high
DJ's spinnin' are savin' my mind
Flash is fast, Flash is cool
Francois sez fas, Flashe' no do
And you don't stop, sure shot
Go out to the parking lot
And you get in your car and you drive real far
And you drive all night and then you see a light
And it comes right down and lands on the ground
And out comes a man from Mars
And you try to run but he's got a gun
And he shoots you dead and he eats your head
And then you're in the man from Mars
You go out at night, eatin' cars
You eat Cadillacs, Lincolns too
Mercuries and Subarus
And you don't stop, you keep on eatin' cars
Then, when there's no more cars
You go out at night and eat up bars where the people meet
Face to face, dance cheek to cheek
One to one, man to man
Dance toe to toe
Don't move too slow, 'cause the man from Mars
Is through with cars, he's eatin' bars
Yeah, wall to wall, door to door, hall to hall
He's gonna eat 'em all
Rapture, be pure
Take a tour, through the sewer
Don't strain your brain, paint a train
You'll be singin' in the rain
I said don't stop, do punk rock

Well now you see what you wanna be
Just have your party on TV
'Cause the man from Mars won't eat up bars when the TV's on
And now he's gone back up to space
Where he won't have a hassle with the human race
And you hip-hop, and you don't stop
Just blast off, sure shot
'Cause the man from Mars stopped eatin' cars and eatin' bars
And now he only eats guitars, get up!

Motorhead350
05-23-2011, 07:01 AM
Thanks Rex!

HammerDown
05-23-2011, 07:44 AM

Good or bad person?

Marauder, Fusion, Escape -- that HAS to count for good peoples:D
"fordfrk" didn't get his name for nothin'

Motorhead350
05-23-2011, 07:50 AM
Marauder, Fusion, Escape -- that HAS to count for good peoples:D
"fordfrk" didn't get his name for nothin'

So what about Mercury, Chevy, Mercedes and BMW? Is that good peoples?

HammerDown
05-23-2011, 07:55 AM

Well,,,,,,,,, okay

(Before "fordfrk" converted me, I drove all Chevys)

Motorhead350
05-23-2011, 08:17 AM
It's all subjective dude, just messin' with ya.

Haggis
05-23-2011, 09:49 AM
It's all subjective dude, just messin' with ya.

Not a Dude, a Dudette.

RacerX
05-23-2011, 10:35 AM
http://mickenorinder.com/files/2009/06/you-should-kill-yourself-animated.gif

J/k! Went nicely in the "End of the World" thread...

prchrman
05-23-2011, 11:09 AM
No one that I know who is a Christian even gave lip service to Camping's prognostication because we know the Bible and it plainly states no one but God himself knows the day or hour.
The Bible also states in the last days there will be many false prophets and Camping is one of those that are deceived and deceiving many. He just gave opportunity to those who are hostile to the Gospel to make light of God's promises. "Cry wolf" can be a real impediment to the Gospel. I for one am not amused in the least with someone that should be more Biblically sound spouting off unscriptural propaganda for their own self promotion. He has done a disservice to the Kingdom of God.
One interesting point to me is that regardless of the error it sure had a lot of people talking and discussing the last days.

PonyUP
05-23-2011, 11:15 AM

Depends on the person, but most I have met, well let's just say they are going to get hte extra six months :lol:

j/k I too had a Chevy, and a couple fo foreign cars

Motorhead350
05-23-2011, 11:17 AM
Not a Dude, a Dudette.

How would you know? :confused:

http://mickenorinder.com/files/2009/06/you-should-kill-yourself-animated.gif

J/k! Went nicely in the "End of the World" thread...

Seems like a good idea sometimes. The world is beautiful, it's the people that can make it miserable.

The Bible also states...

Here we go again...

The Grass Roots state..... "Sha la la la la la Live For Today and don't worry about tomorrow."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnFZsrs32Co

Motorhead350
05-23-2011, 11:20 AM
Depends on the person

Exactly! Don't judge if someone is a good person or not by what they drive.

prchrman
05-23-2011, 11:29 AM

Seems like a good idea sometimes. The world is beautiful, it's the people that can make it miserable.

Here we go again...

The Grass Roots state..... "Sha la la la la la Live For Today and don't worry about tomorrow."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnFZsrs32Co

What's a "biggest soar loser"?

Motorhead350
05-23-2011, 11:39 AM
What's a "biggest soar loser"?

That means I don't take kindly to losing anything.

RacerX
05-23-2011, 12:10 PM
Depends on perspective. No matter what though, I'd rather be alive and feel pain than the alternative and to feel nothing at all. ;)

PonyUP
05-23-2011, 03:11 PM
Depends on perspective. No matter what though, I'd rather be alive and feel pain than the alternative and to feel nothing at all. ;)

"Better to be dead and cool, than alive and uncool" From Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man, don't know why but that quote always stuck with me

Haggis
05-24-2011, 04:14 AM

Because I know Jack and Connie personally ; aka Frdfrk and Hammerdown.

HammerDown
05-24-2011, 11:20 AM
Not a Dude, a Dudette.

Thanks for the clarification--thought the avatar was "girly" enough:rolleyes:

SC Cheesehead
05-24-2011, 12:35 PM
No one that I know who is a Christian even gave lip service to Camping's prognostication because we know the Bible and it plainly states no one but God himself knows the day or hour.
The Bible also states in the last days there will be many false prophets and Camping is one of those that are deceived and deceiving many. He just gave opportunity to those who are hostile to the Gospel to make light of God's promises. "Cry wolf" can be a real impediment to the Gospel. I for one am not amused in the least with someone that should be more Biblically sound spouting off unscriptural propaganda for their own self promotion. He has done a disservice to the Kingdom of God.
One interesting point to me is that regardless of the error it sure had a lot of people talking and discussing the last days.

Willie, I consider this to be one of the very positive things to come of out this whole deal. Camping's obviously proved himself to be a false prophet, and his most current spewings (e.g. "I made a mistake, again, it's gonna happen, REALLY, in October...) support that even further, yet people (non-believers) who have not considered the end of the world, and what it would mean for them, have taken pause for reflection; if only briefly. That pause for reflection may be enough to plant the seed for some. Something to ponder...

Shaijack
05-24-2011, 07:40 PM
Oct 21st is the new and improved day.