PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Graphic Artists

CRUZTAKER
01-04-2004, 10:00 AM
I have spent a few days now looking for artwork for the dash plaques I will create for the '2nd annual Eastern Regional Meet'

The theme is Rock-n-Roll....ie. THE ROCK HALL OF FAME.

My first plan was to use the rock hall's logo in the left corner of the plaque, but I am having diificulty aquiring a good, workable sample. I haven't given up, I just need to take a trip downtown and get a copy of their letterhead.

Perhaps a custom logo is due. I don't have the talent to create such an item.

Therefore I am asking (begging) all of you talented artists to submit ideas either in this thread, or directly to me at cruztaker@msn.com. Please put the word MARAUDER in the subject line so the mail is properly routed.

RE: 2nd Annual Eastern Regional (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7015)

SergntMac
01-04-2004, 10:13 AM
For our two previous meets, the silver/black dash plaques cost 1.75 each, and can be had in 24 hours. The logo is our National Member Godshead.

RCSignals
01-04-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by SergntMac
For our two previous meets, the silver/black dash plaques cost 1.75 each, and can be had in 24 hours. The logo is our National Member Godshead.

that sounds a lot better than a picture of a 100 year old Mick Jagger ;)

CRUZTAKER
01-05-2004, 07:19 AM
Ok folks....blow the surprise, we didn't need no stickin' t-shirts either :D

MM03MOK
01-05-2004, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by CRUZTAKER
My first plan was to use the rock hall's logo in the left corner of the plaque, but I am having difficulty acquiring a good, workable sample. I haven't given up, I just need to take a trip downtown and get a copy of their letterhead.
Probably well guarded due to copyright. ;) I think for the size of the plaque, the logo detail will get lost.

http://www.firstbuckeye.org/source/rockhall.gif

martyo
01-05-2004, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by MM03MOK
Probably well guarded due to copyright. [/IMG]

Copyrights?? We don't care about no stinkin' copyrights!

widowmaker
01-05-2004, 10:58 AM
WERE YOU TALKING ABOUT SOMETHING LIKE THIS? LET ME KNOW....I KNOW SOMEONE WHO CAN DO JUST ABOUT ANYTHING YOU WANT.

widowmaker
01-05-2004, 11:04 AM
keep in mind the above is a RUFF draft...lol

Hack Goby
01-05-2004, 06:23 PM
There are lots of members that are artsy and crafty.

Petrograde
01-05-2004, 06:32 PM
Sooo,.. Marauderville 2 is in Cleveland? When did this happen? Jeez,... I must've missed a post somewhere. :rollseyes:

Tom

MM03MOK
01-05-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Petrograde
Sooo,.. Marauderville 2 is in Cleveland? When did this happen? Jeez,... I must've missed a post somewhere. :rollseyes:

Tom It's our second Eastern Regional Meet (first was Hershey.) Come on up, Tom!!

Petrograde
01-05-2004, 06:46 PM
DOH!!! Whoops.. I guess I missed the keyword. REGIONAL.

I'd love to Mary, when is it? My whole family lives in Cleveland. I don't know if I could make it, with the new job and all. But, who knows.... maybe I'll hit the lotto! :lol: :rolleyes: yeah right.

Tom

MM03MOK
01-05-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Petrograde
DOH!!! Whoops.. I guess I missed the keyword. REGIONAL.

I'd love to Mary, when is it? My whole family lives in Cleveland. I don't know if I could make it, with the new job and all. But, who knows.... maybe I'll hit the lotto! :lol: :rolleyes: yeah right.

Tom Keep an eye on this thread, Tom. I remember you mentioning family in Cleveland.

Cleveland Rocks!! (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7015)

CRUZTAKER
01-05-2004, 06:59 PM
Man Petro, you gotta lay off the Hagar juice!!! :P

Mac:
As far as all the plaques I have so far, I have two without a gods head, particularly my one from Ennis, it's gold, and without logo of any type.

I wanted to use the Gods head in and outline of Ohio, like Rush did, and the rock hall (or a guitar something?) logo oposite.

MM03MOK
01-05-2004, 07:13 PM
I wanted to use the Gods head in and outline of Ohio, like Rush did, and the rock hall (or a guitar something?) logo oposite. Barry - post a pic of the Rush plaque. If you add graphics, I'm sure there will be a setup charge, which is fine. I like the idea of a guitar and t-shirts too! We can all pitch in.

Please promise me that we will all share expenses or the Bunny will get mad!!!! K???

CRUZTAKER
01-05-2004, 08:53 PM
Barry - post a pic of the Rush plaque......
Please promise me that we will all share expenses or the Bunny will get mad!!!! K???

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/watermark.php?file=506/627Rush_Dash_Plaque-med.jpg

Thanks Mary, I promise!

RCSignals
01-06-2004, 01:10 AM
just remember which direction Mercury should be facing

SergntMac
01-06-2004, 09:11 AM
Mac: As far as all the plaques I have so far, I have two without a gods head, particularly my one from Ennis, it's gold, and without logo of any type.

You're confusing me here, I can't picture what it is you're speaking of.

I'm thinking about dash plaques, like the one you got in Hershey. 1.5" wide, 2.5" long, silver with black lettering, Godshead logo...you got one of these, didn't you? If so, that's my suggestion. 1.75 each, mounting tape included. If you decide on this style, let me know.

MM03MOK
01-06-2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by SergntMac
You're confusing me here, I can't picture what it is you're speaking of.

I'm thinking about dash plaques, like the one you got in Hershey. 1.5" wide, 2.5" long, silver with black lettering, Godshead logo...you got one of these, didn't you? If so, that's my suggestion. 1.75 each, mounting tape included. If you decide on this style, let me know. Having researched this, you can't beat Mac's price. Most places require a min. order of 50 or a hefty price per piece if less than that. Even if there's a setup charge for a different design, Mac's guy is still very inexpensive. Chris paid over $6 per plaque for the Capital Area Marauder plaques.

Haggis
01-06-2004, 09:40 AM
Having researched this, you can't beat Mac's price. Most places require a min. order of 50 or a hefty price per piece if less than that. Even if there's a setup charge for a different design, Mac's guy is still very inexpensive. Chris paid over $6 per plaque for the Capital Area Marauder plaques.

That was due mostly to first time set up charges, I will have talk to Chris to find out if his prices will be comparable. If interested let us know?

CRUZTAKER
01-06-2004, 09:59 AM
I will let all of know what I come up with. I spoke with a small time fellow in my neighborhood, and an off the wall quote was 1.75 each. All I need to do is provide a .bmp file for him to use.

I like the Ohio logo with the god in it. (Jessica doesn't) I want to put a falling star up near the cleveland coast. That entire logo will be somewhat smaller. On the opposite side of the plaque, I thought of 2 guitars crossed at the necks. All writing would be in the center between the two graphics.

We can just pitch the rock hall logo all together, although I hardly believe we would encounter any copyright issues. BTW: Thanks Mary, that is a good clipart. Now I need workable clipart of guitars, and a falling star. I will check the clipart I have with printshop later this afternoon.

MAD-3R
01-06-2004, 10:09 AM
Why not a burning river? :)

:lol:

Sorry... I'm not well....

Ohio, populated by people to scared to move to Indiana.

:lol:

I need :help:

Before the flames start, my great grandfather and Grandfather were from Ohio. And I have papers for two family members discarging them from the Ohio Regements of the Union Army.

CRUZTAKER
01-06-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by MAD-3R
Before the flames start, my great grandfather and Grandfather were from Ohio.

Didn't everyone come from Ohio at one point! :P

Haggis
01-07-2004, 09:31 AM
Didn't everyone come from Ohio at one point! :P

AHHH.....NO.......:D

Some of us are proud to have been born in the armpit of the Country. The land of nuclear polution and chemical waste dumps.

CRUZTAKER
01-09-2004, 09:21 PM
My creation is done!

All that's left to do is contact the man that did the plaques for MV-1. I was given his name and number by Mark Rush today.

We're good to go. Thanks all. And no...no pics, you have to come to see and get one of these :D