PDA

View Full Version : For you dog & cat owners out there

LeoVampire
05-27-2011, 12:35 PM
There is a new deShedding Tool out that a neighbor told us about.

http://www.furminator.com/?gclid=CJiP19bviKkCFYJ75QodUxa rrg

It is a little on the expensive side vs a brush but OMG to the results and how quickly it does it's job.

We got the Medium Dog short hair deshedding edge for Chad our new Husky and it is just awesome!

@ PetSmart it was $60.00 with tax for the size we got but so worth it.

Just thought you might like to know.

Cheeseheadbob
05-27-2011, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the link! I have 4 cats and two Dyson vacs that I use to vacuum the whole house twice a week. Maybe with this, I can cut it down to once...

LeoVampire
05-27-2011, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the link! I have 4 cats and two Dyson vacs that I use to vacuum the whole house twice a week. Maybe with this, I can cut it down to once...

Your welcome!

We just started to use this on Chad who is now in the full shedding phase and with a double layer coat these Husky's have that means serious fur coming out.

The first day without compacting it down we filled a kitchen 13 gallon trash bag. :eek:

DEFYANT
05-27-2011, 01:29 PM
We have a similar "brush" for our husky. This thing looks similar to the one in the link, except no fancy one handed operation - you have to pull the hair from it. It does a great job getting under coat these dogs have. I can be out there all day with her brushing and brushing. When I am done, it looks like a snow storm came through.

Shaijack
05-27-2011, 02:42 PM
Shave them they will love you. I have a short hair. Thanks

PhastPhil
05-28-2011, 03:11 AM
We have a Furminator also. It is a wonderful tool.

Be very careful when it comes to shaving a dog. Certain breeds should not be shaved. Dogs such as the German Shepherd and the Husky have a double coat. The two coats protect the dog from the heat as well as the cold. In a worse case scenario, a dog that should not be shaved, could go into shock and die.
My wife was the manager of a pet supply and grooming shop for many years, and the groomer would refuse to shave breeds that were not supposed to be shaved. If your groomer will shave a Husky or a Shepherd, find another groomer !

Bigdogjim
05-28-2011, 03:51 AM
AH! Fur balls! Now that I have the beagles buddies shedding is not a real big issue:)

However with 2 cats the fus is alwasy flying!

Thanks for the info:up:

LeoVampire
05-28-2011, 10:09 AM
AH! Fur balls! Now that I have the beagles buddies shedding is not a real big issue:)

However with 2 cats the fus is alwasy flying!

Thanks for the info:up:

Your welcome! any time

LeoVampire
05-28-2011, 10:12 AM
Shave them they will love you. I have a short hair. Thanks

I would never shave a Husky! As long as you keep them groomed well and plenty of fresh water and kept in the shade when he needs it and wants he will be fine.

Our dog's have always been indoor dogs for the most part and never left unattended outside for their sake and others just in case.

Marauderjack
05-29-2011, 07:25 AM
I got the 4" one through Amazon for $19.00...free shipping!!:beer:

It works GREAT but it ain't "Automatic"....meaning I have to remember to use it....DUH!!:cool: