PDA

View Full Version : Shadow box question

88LTDCV351
06-06-2011, 03:35 PM
Hi all,

I recently drove back to my parents in Indianapolis and was trying to organize some of my old things that are taking up so much of the space at their house. So I came across some of my stuff from my U.S. Army Reserve days. I thought rather than having them sitting in various bins and boxes, etc., perhaps I could at least put them together in a military shadow box display case if I should ever want to dig it out for nastalgia reasons. I've seen such things done before but really didn't know where to get a shadow box display case for military patches and ribbons. So I googled it and couldn't really find exactly what I was looking for. I don't really need anything special. I don't need a flag to display. Just a shadow box not much bigger than 8 1/2 by 11. And I would like an army green background to place the unit patch, rank patch, and ribbons on. Any recommendations?

fastblackmerc
06-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Hi all,

I recently drove back to my parents in Indianapolis and was trying to organize some of my old things that are taking up so much of the space at their house. So I came across some of my stuff from my U.S. Army Reserve days. I thought rather than having them sitting in various bins and boxes, etc., perhaps I could at least put them together in a military shadow box display case if I should ever want to dig it out for nastalgia reasons. I've seen such things done before but really didn't know where to get a shadow box display case for military patches and ribbons. So I googled it and couldn't really find exactly what I was looking for. I don't really need anything special. I don't need a flag to display. Just a shadow box not much bigger than 8 1/2 by 11. And I would like an army green background to place the unit patch, rank patch, and ribbons on. Any recommendations?

Craft stores will have what your looking for.

MyTMerc
06-06-2011, 03:56 PM
There are hundreds of places that sell shadow boxes. Being a retired Sailor, the one I'm most familiar with is goatlocker.org. They will make them with whatever color you want in whatever style you'd like.

Thank you for your service.

88LTDCV351
07-13-2011, 10:14 AM
Thanks and thank you for your service.

Mine was only but a small part but something still worth being proud of I suppose. The reserve units I was in all had just returned from either Desert Shield/storm and Honduras before I joined the unit. So I never got activated to go anywhere other than my weekend warrior. Although I signed up for the artillery, when I got back from Basic Training at Ft. Sill, my unit was downsized by Prez Bill Clinton so after several units I eventually ended up in Personnel which got me started on my current related HR career. So in the chain of things, I think it helped my career and definately still taught me lessons that made me who I am today. As well as an appreciation of those better suited and risking their lives for our security and national interests in the armed services from the past through the present and future.

hamcheese
07-14-2011, 05:52 PM
http://www.grunt.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=shadowbox

This place has some stuff at 'OK' prices these look a little much.

http://www.myshadowbox.org/

This place has a better variety.

http://www.capitolflags.com/

I have purchased stuff from SgtGrit but as I said you must shop around. Just google, Military Shadow Boxes, and you should find something for what you need.