PDA

View Full Version : Underbody Security Lighting

Donny Carlson
01-05-2004, 11:01 PM
This is available for the MM, I would assume, since it is available for the GM and CV

I appreciate that the headlights, taillights, and interior lights come on when I press the unlock button on my keyfob. I have wanted something similar to the lights on the 2004 Sable (and other models like the Explorer and Expedition) that have lights in the bottom of the side mirrors that shine on the ground next to the door.

These lights appeal to me for two reasons - 1) you can see if any bad guys are laying down next to your car ready to jump you, and 2) you can see the ground next to your door to avoid mud, water or whatever is there when you approach your car at night after it's been sitting all day.

I was just wondering if anybody had any experience with these lights, whether they, say, get dirty easy and stop being effective, and whether or not people thought it was worth $150 plus installation to have my dealer put them in.

Donny Carlson
01-05-2004, 11:06 PM
This Ford dealer charges $162.50, installed. Here's a photo from their website.

Bigdogjim
01-05-2004, 11:08 PM
Just put remote start in your Marauder then you have nothing to worry about.
Car is warm/cool when your ready to go.
Parking lights are on.
You set AC/heat, you can click the start button after it starts and turn on the rear defroster/side mirror heat.
This also comes with the liights under the car if you want.
That is the only part I do not have.:)

03SILVERSTREAK
01-05-2004, 11:10 PM
Cool idea but they would have to place a light for all four doors undersides...

jettle
01-06-2004, 10:15 AM
Bigdogjim

Was that a factory install? If not what brand did you go with?