PDA

View Full Version : Engine noise

sociopath001
06-14-2011, 10:14 AM
Last year the noise in the video below started happening to my Marauder. Had two different ford techs look at the car and both tell me something different is wrong with the car. I'm hoping someone here will know what the noise is and if i can fix it.
Thanks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIXGe5fsx7A&feature=channel_video_title

jewelz
06-14-2011, 03:32 PM
Mine is doing the same thing.. it's an 03 with 115 on it.. do you have any info?

sociopath001
06-15-2011, 05:11 PM
No one has any idea what could be wrong?

slickster
06-15-2011, 07:21 PM
If it's the timing chain tensioner. IT would get louder over time. Has it?. Or check it and make sure. If it's bad replace it asap and save your motor. If it's not that Find out what it is and fix it before something worst happens

MercNasty
06-15-2011, 08:14 PM
Here is the answer right here bud, how am i so sure? because I delt with the exact same noise for 3 months, took it to about 7 different mechanics and they all said something different, I spent about $600 on new parts and the noise was still there, so finally the last guy i took it to said it could be the timing chain tensioner and the guides, so I said F it, if this doesnt work the car will just sit until the summer. Bought the parts from Royalpita, guy swapped the parts out on my car and wallllaaaaaaaaa, no more noise. So you need to get a new timing chain kit with the tensioners. Problem fixed. Look at some of my old post to see everything I went thru

sociopath001
06-15-2011, 09:47 PM
Car has been in the garage since it started. Thank you MercNasty sounds so much better then spending 5k on a new motor.

Blackened300a
06-16-2011, 05:27 AM
This video should give you some insight as to what is going on in your engine.
QrZiQBaVVDQ

sociopath001
07-27-2011, 07:33 PM
Shop found bronze shavings in the oil said its a bearing. Is this true or could it be something else? Also said that the fine bronze shavings was blocking oil from getting to the tensioner. Is that even possible with shavings as small as glitter or smaller?

RacerX
07-27-2011, 08:13 PM
Bronze shavings is valve guides. The bearings are aluminum. The debris that passes throught the pickup tube screen should be caught by your filter. Unless thefilter gets clogged enough that high pressure actuates the oil filter bypass valve. I'd pull that oilfilter, put a new Motorcraft FL820S in and cut the top off that filter and take a look inside.