PDA

View Full Version : Compnine.com Says 03 SB is a 300A?

WhatsUpDOHC
06-16-2011, 04:03 PM
Hey -

I just ran my VIN through compnine.com and find that it shows that it's a 300A:

YZBCA 300A

I thought that only early black Marauders were 300As (map pockets in seats and flush gas caps - I have neither.).

What gives?

Mark

Bluerauder
06-16-2011, 04:31 PM
Hey -

I just ran my VIN through compnine.com and find that it shows that it's a 300A:

YZBCA 300A

I thought that only early black Marauders were 300As (map pockets in seats and flush gas caps - I have neither.).

What gives?

Mark

Mine showed the same 300A designation through that VIN check. But the code ahead of it said "Job #2" so it conflicts with the 300A designation. They were also off by a "few" in the numbers produced. Everything else on the list of options was pretty accurate.

Here's what my VIN check said and my window sticker clearly shows 300B

70,809 vehicles matching your year and description in our database. I really don't think so.

Code Description
AD6BG 2003 JOB #2 PROGRAM CONTROL
YZBCA 300A This conflicts with the Job #2 designation above.

WhatsUpDOHC
06-16-2011, 06:40 PM
Mine showed the same 300A designation through that VIN check. But the code ahead of it said "Job #2" so it conflicts with the 300A designation. They were also off by a "few" in the numbers produced. Everything else on the list of options was pretty accurate.

70,809 vehicles matching your year and description in our database. I really don't think so.

Code Description

Dang - Thanks for wreckin' my weekend - I was ready for Barrett Jackson...... (Wouldn't sell):

You're right - Here is the # 2 entry:

YZBCA 300A
Can we add this to the Steve Babcock discussion at MV-Hershey:

I'll think of more: Where were the SB Marauders introduced to the production line (and were there paint issues with the early SB's - I have a number of paint defects).

Mark

Bluerauder
06-16-2011, 07:06 PM
Where were the SB Marauders introduced to the production line.

Stop guessing and order your Limited Production Certificate from the Ford Performance Group (FPG) and you'll know the exact sequence number of your Silver Birch MM. >>>>>> http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=57772&highlight=certificate

I think that the '03 Silvers and the '03 Blues started showing up in late October or early November of 2002. Your certificate will give you the overall sequence number, the SB sequence number, and the exact build date.

Mr. Man
06-16-2011, 07:34 PM

Code Description
When did Mercury officially designate the MM as it's own thing? Were the 300B's Marquis Marauders? I know the 04's were Marauders from the get go. Might explain the 1 of 70K+

Bluerauder
06-16-2011, 07:42 PM
When did Mercury officially designate the MM as it's own thing? Were the 300B's Marquis Marauders? I know the 04's were Marauders from the get go. Might explain the 1 of 70K+

All 2003 Marauders carried the "M75" VIN ID as a Grand Marquis. The "M79" designation as a Mercury Marauder didn't begin until the 2004 models. The "V" after the M75 and/or M79 was the key and was the designation for the 4.6L DOHC engine.

My insurance company had no problem in picking out that "V" and noting it as a Mercury Marauder on my insurance policy. However, the FORD dealer service department shows it as a Grand Marquis every time and I make sure that the service writer marks "Marauder" on the service ticket with a big black marker whenever it is in the shop. I also have them note "DO NOT ROTATE TIRES" on it too. :P

BTW ---

My Insurance Company knows it is a Mercury Marauder.
My Virginia Registration shows it as a Mercury Marauder.
My county Personal Property tax shows it as a Mercury Marauder.

Only the Ford Motor Company has been unable to break the code on the VIN. Go figure. They keep sending me letters asking me if I'd like to trade in my Grand Marquis same as the damn service department. :rolleyes:

Bigdogjim
06-16-2011, 11:40 PM
Stop guessing and order your Limited Production Certificate from the Ford Performance Group (FPG) and you'll know the exact sequence number of your Silver Birch MM. >>>>>> http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=57772&highlight=certificate

I think that the '03 Silvers and the '03 Blues started showing up in late October or early November of 2002. Your certificate will give you the overall sequence number, the SB sequence number, and the exact build date.

Don't think blue were ready till after Jan 1 and silver till April, '03

Bluerauder
06-17-2011, 03:42 AM
Don't think blue were ready till after Jan 1 and silver till April, '03

My Blue MM was #67 of 328 with a build date of 10 Jan 2003. So, I am pretty sure blues started in November or December 2002. Someone with a low "blue" number needs to chime in. I think that Silvers ran the same time frame beginning in Nov-Dec 2002. Who has a low '03 Silver build number who can verify?

WhatsUpDOHC
06-17-2011, 12:45 PM
My Blue MM was #67 of 328 with a build date of 10 Jan 2003. So, I am pretty sure blues started in November or December 2002. Someone with a low "blue" number needs to chime in. I think that Silvers ran the same time frame beginning in Nov-Dec 2002. Who has a low '03 Silver build number who can verify?

I've got the certificate. I'm #81 of 417 Built 04/02/03

Is this considered early?

Mark

Bigdogjim
06-17-2011, 01:18 PM
I've got the certificate. I'm #81 of 417 Built 04/02/03

Is this considered early?

Mark

Only 417 SB built that year and you got #81, yes that would be an early build in my book.

WhatsUpDOHC
06-17-2011, 03:44 PM
Only 417 SB built that year and you got #81, yes that would be an early build in my book.

That's what I hoped (wasn't sure of "early" meant the the first 10-20).

I feel very lucky to have found such a special car.

Mark