PDA

View Full Version : DEMENTIA QUIZ or how to feel really stupid fast

SC Cheesehead
06-20-2011, 11:03 AM
first question: You are a participant in a race. You overtake the second person. What position are you in?

answer: if you answered that you are first, then you are absolutely wrong! If you overtake the second person and you take his place, you are in second place!

try to do better next time.

now answer the second question, but don't take as much time as you took for the first question, ok?

second question: if you overtake the last person, then you are.....?(scroll down)

answer: If you answered that you are second to last, then you are.....wrong again. Tell me sunshine, how can you overtake the last person?

you're not very good at this, are you?

third question: very tricky arithmetic! Note: This must be done in your head only. Do not use paper and pencil or a calculator

take 1000 and add 40 to it... Now add another 1000 now add 30.

add another 1000. Now add 20 . Now add another 1000. now add 10. What is the total?

scroll down for the correct answer.....

did you get 5000?

the correct answer is actually 4100

if you don't believe it, check it with a calculator!- we'll wait!

today is definitely not your day, is it?

maybe you'll get the last question right... Maybe...

fourth question: mary's father has five daughters:

1.nana,2. Nene,3. Nini,4. Nono, and?
2.what is the name of the fifth daughter?

did you answer nunu?

no! of course it isn't. Her name is mary! read the question again!

okay, now the bonus r ound, i.e.., a final chance to redeem yourself:

A mute person goes into a shop and wants to buy a toothbrush. by imitating the action of brushing his teeth he successfully expresses himself to the shopkeeper and the purchase is done.

next, a blind man comes into the shop who wants to buy a pair of sunglasses; how does he indicate what he wants?

it's really very simple, he opens his mouth and asks for it...

does your employer actually pay you to think?

if so do not let them see your answers for this test!

CBT
06-20-2011, 11:15 AM
fourth question: mary's father has five daughters:

1.nana,2. Nene,3. Nini,4. Nono, and?
2.what is the name of the fifth daughter?

did you answer nunu?

no! of course it isn't. Her name is mary! read the question again!

The only one I got right. :shake:

Papillon
06-20-2011, 11:19 AM
The only one I got right. :shake:

:depress: Me too... The "Mary Question" :alone:

Hilarious though! I'm printing this out for my "brainiac/nerd" of a brother-in-law to see how he does.

PonyUP
06-20-2011, 12:31 PM
Got em all except the overtaking last.

Here's one for ya, though it is not as obvious

You are on the street, in front of you is a light panel with three light switches on it. One of those light switches controls a light bulb on the third floor of the building that you cannot see from the street. You are only allowed to physicallly go to the room once to check on the light bulb. How do you determine which one of the three light switches controls the light bulb?

SC Cheesehead
06-20-2011, 12:35 PM
Got em all except the overtaking last.

Here's one for ya, though it is not as obvious

You are on the street, in front of you is a light panel with three light switches on it. One of those light switches controls a light bulb on the third floor of the building that you cannot see from the street. You are only allowed to physicallly go to the room once to check on the light bulb. How do you determine which one of the three light switches controls the light bulb?

That's easy. I go up the first time, then send Casey up twice more.

I do this even if I determine that the switch I originally flipped is the correct one, just because it seems like the right thing to do...:D

PonyUP
06-20-2011, 12:37 PM
That's easy. I go up the first time, then send Casey up twice more.

I do this even if I determine that the switch I originally flipped is the correct one, just because it seems like the right thing to do...:D

:lol::lol: Forgot to mention you are alone, you snet Casey to the store to pick up a 6 pack of Blue Moon and Captain Kangaroo reruns

Granddaddy Marq
06-20-2011, 01:30 PM
I GOT 3,4, AND THE BONAS, but I still can't turn on my spelchek.:help:

SC Cheesehead
06-20-2011, 02:57 PM
:lol::lol: Forgot to mention you are alone, you snet Casey to the store to pick up a 6 pack of Blue Moon and Captain Kangaroo reruns

Ratfarts! I hope that SOB doesn't drink all the beer before he gets back...

Well, I guess I'd try flipping one switch down below, then go up, flip a second switch in the building, and if that one didn't work, I would know it was the third one.

PonyUP
06-20-2011, 04:31 PM
Ratfarts! I hope that SOB doesn't drink all the beer before he gets back...

Well, I guess I'd try flipping one switch down below, then go up, flip a second switch in the building, and if that one didn't work, I would know it was the third one.

Nope. What you do is turn two of the switches on, wait five minutes then turn one of them and go check the room. If you get up there and the light is on, it's the switch you left on. If it's off, but warm to the touch, it's the switch you turned off. If it's off, but cold, it's the switch you never touched.

CBT
06-20-2011, 04:35 PM
If it's off, but cold, it's the switch you never touched.
That's what she said!