PDA

View Full Version : Daughter's

Brutus
01-07-2004, 12:07 AM
Some thoughtful information for those who are daughters, were daughters, have daughters, intend to have daughters, or intend to date a daughter.

RULE ONE: If you pull into my driveway and honk you better be delivering a package because you’re sure not picking anything up.

RULE TWO: You do not touch my daughter in front of me. You may glance at her, so long as you do not peer at anything below her neck. If you cannot keep your eyes or hands off of my daughter’s body, I will remove them.

RULE THREE: I am aware that it is considered fashionable for boys of your age to wear their trousers so loosely that they appear to be falling of your hips. Please don’t take this as an insult, but you and all of your friends are complete idiots. Still I want to be fair and open minded about the issue, so I propose this compromise. You may come to the door with your underwear showing and your pants ten sizes too big, and I will not object. However, in order to ensure that your clothes do not, in fact, come off during the course of your date with my daughter, I will take my electric nail gun and securely fasten your trousers in place to your waist.

RULE FOUR: I’m sure that you’ve been told that in today’s world, sex without utilizing a “barrier method” of some kind can hurt you. Let me elaborate: when it comes to sex, I am the barrier and I will hurt you.

RULE FIVE: In order for us to get to know each other, we should talk about sports, politics, and other issues of the day. Please do not do this. The only information I require from you is an indication of when you expect to have my daughter safely back at my house, and the only word I need to hear from you on this subject is “early.”

RULE SIX: I have no doubt you are a popular fellow, with many opportunities to date other girls. This is fine with me as long as it’s okay with my daughter. Otherwise, once you have gone out with my little girl, you will continue to date no one but her until she is finished with you. If you make her cry, I will make you cry.

RULE SEVEN: As you stand in my hallway, waiting for my daughter to appear, and more than an hour goes by, do not sigh and fidget. If you want to be on time for the movie, you should not be dating. My daughter is putting on her makeup, a process that can take longer than painting the Golden Gate Bridge. Instead of just standing there, why don’t you do something useful, like change the oil in my Marauder?

RULE EIGHT: The following places are not appropriate for a date with my daughter: Places where there are beds, sofas, or anything softer than a wooden stool. Places where there are no parents, policemen, or nuns within eyesight. Places where there is darkness. Places where there is dancing, holding hands, or happiness. Places where the ambient temperature is warm enough to induce my daughter to wear shorts, tank tops, midriff shirts, or anything other than overalls, a sweater, and a goose down parka zipped up to her throat. Movies with a strong romantic or sexual theme are to be avoided; movies that feature chainsaws are okay. Hockey games are okay. Old folks homes are better.

RULE NINE: Do not lie to me. I may appear to be a pot –bellied, balding, middle-aged, dim-witted has-been. But on issues relating to my daughter, I am the all-knowing, merciless god of your universe. If I ask you where you are going and with whom, you have only one chance to tell me the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I have a shotgun, a shovel, and five acres behind the house. Do not trifle with me.

RULE TEN: Be afraid. Be very afraid. It takes very little for me to mistake the sound of your car in the driveway for a chopper coming in over a rice paddy outside of Hanoi. When my Agent Orange starts acting up, the voices in my head frequently tell me to clean my guns as I wait for you to bring my daughter home. As soon as you pull into the driveway you should exit your car with both hands in plain sight. Speak the perimeter password, announce in a clear voice that you have brought my daughter home safely and early, and then return to your car. There is no need for you to come inside. The camouflaged face at the window is mine.

89VERT
01-07-2004, 01:09 AM
Being the father of 3 girls between the ages of 16 and 21 and the owner of an MM , I laughed out loud !

Well said !

Petrograde
01-07-2004, 04:27 AM
LOL,... Thanks Brutus! I especially liked Rule 10,.. for which I'll have to exchange Vietnam for Bosnia or Kuwait. lol

..and that's why I'm hoping for a boy! at least the first one.

Tom

cyclone03
01-07-2004, 06:38 AM
Being the Father of 2 girls,10 and 14,I'm crying out loud. :-(

duhtroll
01-07-2004, 07:19 AM
If my wife and I end up with a daughter (we should find out today via technology) I will post this at home.

However, ain't no punk kid touching my MM, or whatever car I happen to be driving when she hits dating years.

They can cut my lawn, wash windows, etc. but not touch my car.

:)

Thanks,
-A

MAD-3R
01-07-2004, 07:31 AM
Reminds me of when I started dating my Wife. Rule 10 in particular...

Only man I know of who called an "Arc Light" on his own position and was still there when it came in...

My Father Inlaw (http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/showphoto.php/photo/1642)

Long Live #3
01-07-2004, 08:26 AM
This is something I can look back on when I have a daughter.

Haggis
01-07-2004, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by MAD-3R
Reminds me of when I started dating my Wife. Rule 10 in particular...

Only man I know of who called an "Arc Light" on his own position and was still there when it came in...

My Father Inlaw (http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/showphoto.php/photo/1642)

Reminds me of Charles Manson. You are one brave man to have continued to date Tasha after meeting him.

MAD-3R
01-07-2004, 09:12 AM
The man once went bear hunting with a bow, three arrows and a sharp knife. He fuigured if he couldn't drop the bear with the arrows, he could take in Hand to paw combat.

In my opinion, that gives the bear a real sportin' chance.

And he likes me....
Whitch means I can disappoint him. IT would be easer if he just dispised me, then I could do stuff to make myself look good.

And people wonder why I treat Tasha so well... :)

Smokie
01-07-2004, 12:15 PM
Wow, that takes me back 31 years when I was starting to date my wife and my father in law (may he rest in peace) took me out to the back yard and showed me his machete and while cutting some branches subtly told me what he would do to a man that did his girl wrong. We became good friends and I was by his side on his last day.

cruzer
01-07-2004, 09:45 PM
With 3 daughters, 2 granddaughters and a great granddaughter due momentarily--I downloaded immediately and made 6 copies--loved it !!!!

Haggis
01-08-2004, 06:28 AM
The man once went bear hunting with a bow, three arrows and a sharp knife. He fuigured if he couldn't drop the bear with the arrows, he could take in Hand to paw combat.

In my opinion, that gives the bear a real sportin' chance.

And he likes me....
Whitch means I can disappoint him. IT would be easer if he just dispised me, then I could do stuff to make myself look good.

And people wonder why I treat Tasha so well... :)

I don't blame you. It is good to get along with the inlaws and then again mine are not so intimidating.

He reminds me about that program on the History Channel "Mountain Men" .

duhtroll
01-08-2004, 07:13 AM
Well, we just found out we are having a little girl, so I will be posting this on the fridge tonight!

:uzi: :nono: :up:

MAD-3R
01-08-2004, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by Haggis
I don't blame you. It is good to get along with the inlaws and then again mine are not so intimidating.

He reminds me about that program on the History Channel "Mountain Men" .

Funny you should mention that... :)

He makes his living as a blacksmith in Upstate Minnesota, and use to hunt with black powder.
He is a great man, and I have tremendous respect for him, for what he has done in his life, and for the job he did raising two beutiful daughters, and for his wife for sticking with him and doing everything she could to support him and stand by him when he needed it most. I feel honored to have known him as a person before I new him as my father inlaw, and for the privledge of marrying his youngest child or as he still refers to her "Hey, kid"

Haggis
01-08-2004, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by duhtroll
Well, we just found out we are having a little girl, so I will be posting this on the fridge tonight!

:uzi: :nono: :up:

Congratulations duhtroll and best wishes.

Haggis
01-08-2004, 08:23 AM
Funny you should mention that... :)

He makes his living as a blacksmith in Upstate Minnesota, and use to hunt with black powder.
He is a great man, and I have tremendous respect for him, for what he has done in his life, and for the job he did raising two beutiful daughters, and for his wife for sticking with him and doing everything she could to support him and stand by him when he needed it most. I feel honored to have known him as a person before I new him as my father inlaw, and for the privledge of marrying his youngest child or as he still refers to her "Hey, kid"

That's the life I fantsize about with as little technology as possible. It will never happen though, so I keep fantsizing. If only I was born 200 yrs ago, 300 yrs ago, etc....

SILVERMARAUDER
01-08-2004, 06:55 PM
Love it~ my daughter is 13 any these are great rules i think i will put them in place now!!

Ross
01-09-2004, 01:57 PM
I have a friend who blew these rules up to about 2 feet X 4 feet and posted them by the front door when his daughter started dating. I loved it. She didn't!