PDA

View Full Version : What rotary engines are good for!

woaface
01-07-2004, 02:15 PM
Yeah...Those prices are Aussie ones of course, don't cost as much U.S.

www.rotortank.ath.cx

woaface
01-07-2004, 02:49 PM
Disclaimer:
Last month, a friend and I looked at the new RX-8 for almost 45 minutes in the freezing cold. I appreciate the car, it's styling and it's technological achievments. I do however, like making fun of other cars here and there...even mine which I love so dear:) What doesn't rip their spark plug hearts out, won't hurt them....obviously.

Edited to look nice...

LincMercLover
01-07-2004, 02:58 PM
Ooooooooooooooooook... Let's try that one again...

woaface
01-07-2004, 03:05 PM
Sorry, I'll hold my tounge.

LincMercLover
01-07-2004, 03:16 PM
No need... No harm done. Just cleaning up the mess.

CRUZTAKER
01-07-2004, 04:01 PM
Sorry Rick. I haven't had a thread closed in 8 months or so, and certainly haven't had post deleted.....cool.

I guess I finally lost my head and spoke out.

Let me try this angle....

Mr. Woe, have fun mocking other cars as you will, but do your homework first. I have no love of Mazda, but I have a great history with the german wenkel rotory, all 300hp and 180cu of it.

Here is an 8 second RX-7 rotory I saw last fall.
http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/watermark.php?file=500/627Mazda1-2.jpg

Here is another 8 second rotory RX-2 cosmo
http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/watermark.php?file=500/627Mazda3.jpg

And here is my 13.9 RX-7 rotory
http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/watermark.php?file=500/627FIRST_RX7-med.jpg

Point here is don't mock what you can't run with!

Smokie
01-07-2004, 04:15 PM
Barry, how is the pain? Javier.

woaface
01-07-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by CRUZTAKER
...I guess I finally lost my head and spoke out.
Let me try this angle....
Mr. Woe, have fun mocking other cars as you will, but do your homework first.
Point here is don't mock what you can't run with!

Sorry I had to be the one to upset you about it. I couldn't get to that link, but I'm not "impressed" with those engines in the sense that I don't underestimate what they can do, I'd almost expect them to run like that. They pump out gobs of power and weigh diddly-squat. I know this sounds abitrary, but I am a fan of Mazda, they're about the only Japanese car I like. My sister has own two (an MX6 and a 626ES V6) and she's waiting for a third. Both of us have always held the same tastes in cars aside from my liking of the Marauder. Since I won't be able to afford a Marauder when I start out in college, and if I don't get the Marquis, my next choice is the new Mazda 3. When I said "What rotary engines are good for" I did not mean to put it as being from my point of view of the engine. I just thought a few people here would get a kick out of it. The ONLY think I honestly dislike about the RX-8's rotary is it's lack of torque and it's power being way up high. It's a fine automobile otherwise. Interior design is the nicest I've seen in a sports car pretty much. I like the car over a Corvette even, if I had to choose between.

I'll try my best Barry, to be more clear henceforth, and you can call me James.

junehhan
01-07-2004, 10:42 PM
Those new RX8's are really nice, and I might have considered one if they didn't have to revise the advertised horsepower rating. They really look unique, and have an incredibly beautiful exterior job. Unfortunately, I was dissappointed when they said it was only making 238hp instead of 252 like originally advertised :(

The new Mazda 3 is just incredible and I believe is the car that will revolutionize what you might have thought about compact economy cars. It's so beautiful, and the designers hit a home run on the exterior design of it.